Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? (5317 Views)

Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE / Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by DapoBear(m): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2010
Abagworo: Your thoughts about the viability of GEJ in the ACN if he is forced out by say an Atiku/Igbo VP PDP ticket?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Omenani(m): 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2010
I am confused with this convo.  

Whose arguing which side. I know where the SW people stand. But where does the Igbo commenting on this thread stand.

I told you all before that this election will divide the East.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2010
DapoBear:

Abagworo: Your thoughts about the viability of GEJ in the ACN if he is forced out by say an Atiku/Igbo VP PDP ticket?

ACN is not yet a national party and GEJ will lose badly, if he were to join ACN
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by blacksta(m): 11:43pm On Nov 28, 2010
alot to gain for example Good governance as witnessed by the people of Lagos state  - what is point of staying in a union where retrogression is the order of the day. Regional politics is here to stay and i predict it will spread to other parts soon. The Demise of PDP is the beginning of hope for Nigeria.  For example we can clearly see that SS states close to SW share the same voting pattern and ideology
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by DapoBear(m): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2010
Even with the mystical "power of incumbency"? SW, SS, portions of the Midwest and North is enough to win, no? He does have a Hausa VP in Sambo.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 11:47pm On Nov 28, 2010
blacksta:

alot to gain for example Good governance as witnessed by the people of Lagos state  - what is point of staying in a union where retrogression is the order of the day. Regional politics is here to stay and i predict it will spread to other parts soon. The Demise of PDP is the beginning of hope for Nigeria.  For example we can clearly see that SS states close to SW share the same voting pattern and ideology

The question is what does Nigeria stand to lose, not what the SW stand to gain.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by koruji(m): 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2010
Stop lying to yourself. You are not Igbo at all.

igbobuigbo:

Abagworo

How many Igbos denied the existence of zoning? Did Ekwueme and Ojukwu and those Igbos here in NL, who supported the North from the beginning deny zoning? Does Ohaneze speak for all Igbos?

If the North believes that Igbos no longer need zoning, why are they still talking of an Igbo presidency in 2015?
Given the unity in the North and the disunity in the South, the North does not really need zoning because they will always win based on their unity.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 11:54pm On Nov 28, 2010
Sambo is a nobody when it comes to Nigeria politics
Atiku tried it, he lost heavily. And if you know who Atiku is, you'd understand where I am coming from
Also, GEJ does not have the experience and understanding of the kind of rofo rofo fight that goes into presidential election.

For him, power of incumbency means nothing without the backing of OBJ. And OBJ will never be caught dead in the same room with Tinubu, Fayose, Falana, HID and anyone who professes to be a follower of Awo; long story.

And without the backing of a former or present top military officer or a well oiled northern political movement, like the famous Yar'adua movement or the efficient PDM, you really cannot negotiate your way to Asorock. And if you did, you would not last a day. Without OBJ, GEJ is a dead man. Believe me!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 12:02am On Nov 29, 2010
koruji:

Stop lying to yourself. You are not Igbo at all.

And who am I? Yoruba?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by blacksta(m): 12:03am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

The question is what does Nigeria stand to lose, not what the SW stand to gain.

U might not lose much for now but remember the economic might is in the SW  we control the banks  and the Recent world wide recession shows how powerful banks are being on top of the food chain - and these days that speak volumes . China , Brazil, India are good examples where economic capabilities are big bargaining chips
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by DapoBear(m): 12:04am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

Sambo is a nobody when it comes to Nigeria politics
Atiku tried it, he lost heavily. And if you know who Atiku is, you'd understand where I am coming from
Also, GEJ does not have the experience and understanding of the kind of rofo rofo fight that goes into presidential election.

For him, power of incumbency means nothing without the backing of OBJ. And OBJ will never be caught dead in the same room with Tinubu, Fayose, Falana, HID and anyone who professes to be a follower of Awo; long story.

And without the backing of a former or present top military officer or a well oiled northern political movement, like the famous Yar'adua movement or the efficient PDM, you really cannot negotiate your way to Asorock. And if you did, you would not last a day. Without OBJ, GEJ is a dead man. Believe me!

I see. Didn't know a lot of that, thanks for the insight.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 12:05am On Nov 29, 2010
blacksta:

U might not lose much for now but remember the economic might is in the SW  we control the banks  and the Recent world wide recession shows how powerful banks are being on top of the food chain - and these days that speak volumes . China , Brazil, India are good examples where economic capabilities are big bargaining chips

Do you control the banks or you control the bank locations? How many of the 25 consolidated bank CEOs are Yoruba? Can the non-Yoruba CEOs not move their banks to non-Yoruba places if you decide to be violent with your regionalism?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 12:08am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Do you control the banks or you control the bank locations? How many of the 25 consolidated bank CEOs are Yoruba? Can the non-Yoruba CEOS not move their banks to non-Yoruba places if you decide to be violent with your regionalism?

Didnt Emeka Offor try it?
Where is his bank today? Did he not name his bank Amex?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by koruji(m): 12:09am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

And who am I? Yoruba?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 12:15am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

Didnt Emeka Offor try it?
Where is his bank today? Did he not name his bank Amex?
Emeka Offor''s bank failed just like many other banks including those owned by Yorubas and located in Yorubaland. The truth is, not many of the current 25 banks are headed by Yoruba. So you do not have more than a fair share of say in the current banking system. We can name the 25 banks and their CEOs to prove this.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Abagworo(m): 12:21am On Nov 29, 2010
Quote from: igbobuigbo on Yesterday at 11:33:04 PM
Abagworo

How many Igbos denied the existence of zoning? Did Ekwueme and Ojukwu and those Igbos here in NL, who supported the North from the beginning deny zoning? Does Ohaneze speak for all Igbos?

If the North believes that Igbos no longer need zoning, why are they still talking of an Igbo presidency in 2015?
Given the unity in the North and the disunity in the South, the North does not really need zoning because they will always win based on their unity.

It is not too late to visit GEJ's page on Facebook and observe the names and comments made about zoning.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by excanny: 12:27am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Emeka Offor''s bank failed just like many other banks including those owned by Yorubas and located in Yorubaland. The truth is, not many of the current 25 banks are headed by Yoruba. So you do not have more than a fair share of say in the current banking system. We can name the 25 banks and their CEOs to prove this.
Tell them. They refuse to realize that they have been left behind. Still believing those fallacies their parents passed to them.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 12:29am On Nov 29, 2010
Abagworo:

Quote from: igbobuigbo on Yesterday at 11:33:04 PM
It is not too late to visit GEJ's page on Facebook and observe the names and comments made about zoning.

Of the 150 million Nigerians, How many are Jonathan's friends on facebook? I go to his page everyday and I see some few 100 likes for his comments. Means nothing.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Blazay(m): 12:30am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

And who am I? Yoruba?

cheesy

O di kwa denghyarous o.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 12:32am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Why are you so slow!
Of course banks fail everywhere, even those owned by Yoruba
The point is that any bank located outside of Lagos, and say Abuja, is destined to fail

Lagos is important for so many reasons: first, it is the economic hub of the federation; second, the man-power in Lagos can only be matched by Capetown, no other city/state in Africa comes close; third, its proximity to other social amenities is yet to be matched by any other state in Nigeria, etc,ect.

Being a CEO means nothing. I care much about the owners of the bank.
Admit it or not, We control the banking sector. Atleast, other than Zenith back, whose second in command is actually a Yoruba man, Yorubas run the top/best performing banks in the country.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 12:38am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

Why are you so slow!
Of course banks fail everywhere, even those owned by Yoruba
The point is that any bank located outside of Lagos, and say Abuja, is destined to fail

Lagos is important for so many reasons: first, it is the economic hub of the federation; second, the man-power in Lagos can only be matched by Capetown, no other city/state in Africa comes close; third, its proximity to other social amenities is yet to be matched by any other state in Nigeria, etc,ect.

Being a CEO means nothing. I care much about the owners of the bank.
Admit it or not, We control the banking sector. Atleast, other than Zenith back, whose second in command is actually a Yoruba man, Yorubas run the top/best performing banks in the country.

Based on the title of the thread it means the banks can be moved to Abuja which is not in the SW. Good you noted the Abuja alternative.

Which of the banks are best performing and on what basis do you measure that? After FBN and Zenith, which are the next best 3 banks and who are their CEOs? Are UBA, Access Bank, Diamond bank, Fidelity banks run by Yorubas? Your inter continental bank is already run down by your brother Akingbola. So it is out of the equation for now.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 1:12am On Nov 29, 2010
You are getting it wrong again
In the words of Alj Harem, why do you do this to yourself

Just because the CEO is Ibo, it does not mean anything

Take for instance, the CEO of PHB is Ibo, the owner and the brain behind it all is Kola Abiola.

And that is what you see across board. People do that for obvious reason.

Again, check your facts!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 1:14am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

You are getting it wrong again
In the words of Alj Harem, why do you do this to yourself

Just because the CEO is Ibo, it does not mean anything

Take for instance, the CEO of PHB is Ibo, the owner and the brain behind it all is Kola Abiola.

And that is what you see across board. People do that for obvious reason.

Again, check your facts!

So you count Bank PHB as a strong bank? Bank PHB is one of the bailed out banks so look for a better example. In any case, is Kola more relevant in PHB than Utomi? In a private enterprise, you do not become CEO for nothing. You must either have a strong stake or somebody with a strong stake (in this case Utomi) has propped you into that position.

BANK PHB

Our Board of Directors

Our Board of Directors consists of accomplished professionals who have brought their complementary skills to bear on the future direction of the Bank. They include;

MR. ABDUL-LATEEF KOLAWOLE ABIOLA
CHAIRMAN
PROF. PAT. UTOMI
VICE CHAIRMAN
-------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ------------------------------------
MR. CYRIL CHUKWUMAH
MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEO  
-------------------------------- ---------------------------------- ------------------------------------
MR. MICHAEL AJUKWU
DIRECTOR BRIG-GEN.
LAWAL JA’AFAR ISA (RTD.)
DIRECTOR

-------------------------------- ----------------------------------- -------------------------------------
ALWAN ALI HASSAN,
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR  -
PUBLIC SECTOR

OLUSEGUN BOLAJI,
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - SERVICE BANK
AYABA M. AYO-JOSEPH,
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL MARKETS
MR. ZAKIR MAHMOOD
DIRECTOR MR. VINCENT
M. OKWECHIME, JR.
DIRECTOR

MRS. IFEYINWA OSIME
DIRECTOR
MR. CHRISTOPHER EZEAFULUKWE
COMPANY SECRETARY

http://www.bankphb.com/aboutus.php?p=27&pid=26&pagetitle=Corporate+Governance&mode=content
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by aljharem(m): 1:28am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

So you count Bank PHB as a strong bank? Bank PHB is one of the bailed out banks so look for a better example. In any case, is Kola more relevant in PHB than Utomi? In a private enterprise, you do not become CEO for nothing. You must either have a strong stake or somebody with a strong stake has propped you into that position.

BANK PHB

Our Board of Directors

Our Board of Directors consists of accomplished professionals who have brought their complementary skills to bear on the future direction of the Bank. They include;

MR. ABDUL-LATEEF KOLAWOLE ABIOLA
CHAIRMAN
PROF. PAT. UTOMI
VICE CHAIRMAN
MR. CYRIL CHUKWUMAH
MANAGING DIRECTOR/CEO
MR. MICHAEL AJUKWU
DIRECTOR BRIG-GEN.
LAWAL JA’AFAR ISA (RTD.)
DIRECTOR

-------------------------------- ----------------------------------- -------------------------------------
ALWAN ALI HASSAN,
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR -
PUBLIC SECTOR

OLUSEGUN BOLAJI,
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - SERVICE BANK
AYABA M. AYO-JOSEPH,
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - GLOBAL MARKETS
MR. ZAKIR MAHMOOD
DIRECTOR MR. VINCENT
M. OKWECHIME, JR.
DIRECTOR

MRS. IFEYINWA OSIME
DIRECTOR
MR. CHRISTOPHER EZEAFULUKWE
COMPANY SECRETARY

wrong, if a person is trusted by the owner and has experence in the banking sector he can be a CEO

also in private companies the ceo can be used for diplomatic stance or even a pawn head like cabury or coca-cola which are owner by amercans but put a british person as a ceo
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 1:33am On Nov 29, 2010
^^^
Bank PHB is definitely stronger than your Diamond bank
PHB's net asset is bigger than Diamond's

So?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 1:34am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

^^^
Bank PHB is definitely stronger than your Diamond bank
PHB's net asset is bigger than Diamond's

So?

But PHB was bailed out while Diamond Bank was not. Have you seen the board (highest ranking personnel) list of PHB? Do yorubas dominate?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 1:37am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

But PHB was bailed out while Diamond Bank was not. Have you seen the board (highest ranking personnel) list of PHB? Do yorubas dominate?

So is Diamond banker stronger than citibank?
Are you high?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 1:39am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

So is Diamond banker stronger than citibank?
Are you high?

Why are you jumping all over the place like a rain-drenched rat? Why not prove to me first that PHB is stronger than Diamond bank b4 jumping on to City bank? Is City bank a Yoruba bank too?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 1:51am On Nov 29, 2010
I told you already
In terms of asset and deals made, PHB is bigger, not by much, but definitely bigger

I brought up citibank to counter your derange argument that diamond is bigger because PHB was bailed out
Being bailed out means nada.

Citibank Nigeria Limited
27 Kofo Abayomi Street
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria
Management Team Mr. Emeka Emuwa - Citi Country Officer

Ms. Funmi Ade-Ajayi - Chief Operating Officer/ Executive Director

Mr. Segun Adaramola - Head, Global Transactions Services

Mr. Omar Hafeez - Head, Corporate Bank

Mr. Fatai Karim - Senior Country Operations Officer

Mr. Emeka Okonkwo - Head, Commercial Banking

Mr. Franklyn Bennie - Country Compliance Officer

Mrs. Omayuli Wale-Ajayi - Country Human Resource Officer

Mrs. Sola Fagbure - Country Counsel

Ms. Hilda Mucuha - CFO
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 1:56am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

I told you already
In terms of asset and deals made, PHB is bigger, not by much, but definitely bigger

I brought up citibank to counter your derange argument that diamond is bigger because PHB was bailed out
Being bailed out means nada.

Citibank Nigeria Limited
27 Kofo Abayomi Street
Victoria Island
Lagos
Nigeria
Management Team Mr. Emeka Emuwa - Citi Country Officer

Ms. Funmi Ade-Ajayi - Chief Operating Officer/ Executive Director

Mr. Segun Adaramola - Head, Global Transactions Services

Mr. Omar Hafeez - Head, Corporate Bank

Mr. Fatai Karim - Senior Country Operations Officer

Mr. Emeka Okonkwo - Head, Commercial Banking

Mr. Franklyn Bennie - Country Compliance Officer

Mrs. Omayuli Wale-Ajayi - Country Human Resource Officer

Mrs. Sola Fagbure - Country Counsel

Ms. Hilda Mucuha - CFO

City Bank is not a Nigerian bank and definitely not among the biggest banks in Nigeria. Whayt you have is just a country office, hence you have an Igbo man as the country Officer (from your list)

You have not shown me how PHB is better/bigger than Diamond bank. So go back and do that.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by aljharem11(m): 1:59am On Nov 29, 2010
what is the meaning of all this angry angry angry

who cares about banks

all we want is for yorubas to gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 2:00am On Nov 29, 2010
^^^

And all Seun wants is for illiterate Almajiris to leave NL
You Spam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Us Envoy Says No Soldiers To Nigeria / N2bn Approved To Develop Maritime Academy / The Nigeria Police Force And Gratuity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.