Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,238 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? (5318 Views)

Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal / Can The SW Ascend The Presidency Without The SS/SE / Supreme Council On Islamic Affairs Condemn Nigeria’s Stand On Palestine Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by aljharem11(m): 2:06am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

^^^

And all Seun wants is for illiterate Almajiris to leave NL
You Spam!

wahali if i catch u strange i would strangle u till u say u are a british angry angry angry angry

u dey crazy angry angry angry angry

now i see what the igbos have been saying about blood yorubas nigabti mumu
angry angry angry angry angry

is it me u are calling a spam angry angry angry angry
angry angry angry angry angry angry
angry angry angry
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 2:08am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger (AKA Foolish stranger)

Not sure, but it looks like in the overall global scheme of things the post of Country officer (Emeka Emuwa) is more relevant for a global bank than a local CEO (Ade-Ajayi) of the bank's subsidiary. Hence Emeruwa's name appears before Ade Ajayi's on the management list.

Management Team
Mr. Emeka Emuwa - Citi Country Officer

Ms. Funmi Ade-Ajayi - Chief Operating Officer/ Executive Director
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by aljharem11(m): 2:10am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

fstranger (AKA Foolish stranger)

Not sure, but it looks like in the overall global scheme of things the post of Country officer (Emeruwa) is more relevant for a global bank than a local CEO of the banks subsidiary (Ade-Ajayi). Hence Emeruwa's name appears before Ade Ajayi's.

Management Team Mr. Emeka Emuwa - Citi Country Officer

Ms. Funmi Ade-Ajayi - Chief Operating Officer/ Executive Director

why do u argue with him

does he know anything about money talkless of banks
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 2:23am On Nov 29, 2010
alj harem1:

why do u argue with him

does he know anything about money talkless of banks

The guy is a well-rounded, stark illiterate.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by OAM4J: 6:08am On Nov 29, 2010
Honestly OP, I doubt you are a true Igbo man

Cos if you are, your least concern will not be SW
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 6:11am On Nov 29, 2010
OAM4J:

Honestly OP, I doubt you are a true Igbo man

Cos if you are, your least concern will not be SW

Why so? When all you guys do is criticize every Igbo political moves as though your own lives depend on it.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Kobojunkie: 6:14am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Why so? When all you guys do is criticize every Igbo political moves as though your own lives depend on it.

That is not true! Every single group in Nigeria is criticized by the media . . . people like you on the other hand have taken it on yourselves to pick fights with the wrong parties out of self-loathing(if you ask me).
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 6:20am On Nov 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is not true! Every single group in Nigeria is criticized by the media . . .  people like you on the other hand have taken it on yourselves to pick fights with the wrong parties out of self-loathing(if you ask me).

Show me one post here that Igbos go out of their way to criticize what the Yoruba decide to do with their local politics. Until then, I'd rather you shut your trap, ok? I am the one who has criticized Dora here, despite actually knowing her personally. Show me what you have said about your own people except latching on and criticizing Dora, Jonathan and others you are not related to ethnically? Self loath my bakassi.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 6:23am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Show me one post here that Igbos go out of their way to criticize what the Yoruba decide to do with their local politics. Until then, I'd rather you shut your trap, ok? Self loath my bakassi.

Nna na wao
This Kobo girl na one crazy girl ooooo
I bet she would reply you. . . with some crazy post

anyway, let me grab a chair as you and Kobo battle it out in what I call "Battle Royal."
Good luck bro!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Kobojunkie: 6:30am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Show me one post here that Igbos go out of their way to criticize what the Yoruba decide to do with their local politics. Until then, I'd rather you shut your trap, ok? I am the one who has criticized Dora here, despite actually knowing her personally. Show me what you have said about your own people except latching on and criticizing Dora, Jonathan and others you are not related to ethnically? Self loath my bakassi.

I suggest you actually READ the message in the post you responded to, to better understand the message. Either that or you shut up already with your rants on ibo issues.

Again, your statement there is wrong. Unless you have evidence to show that it is not, then I suggest you take your own advice and shut up!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 6:34am On Nov 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I suggest you actually READ the message in the post you responded to, to better understand the message. Either that or you shut up already with your rants on ibo issues.

You are an id, iot. Who is talking of the Media here? We are on NL where almost every Yoruba contributor has strongly criticized the Igbo, as we all read from every thread that bothers on Igbo politics. You see that as okay but when Igbos do the same you give me that self-loathing blackmail crap? I do not take you serious anyways, so please kindly take your rants elsewhere. I no wan see winch for my dream okay?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 6:36am On Nov 29, 2010
IGBO IS IGBO : KOBOJUNKIE 1 : 1

Waiting for Kobo to start round 2
Gbagaun! Gbagaun!! Gbagaun!!!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 6:38am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

IGBO IS IGBO : KOBOJUNKIE 1 : 1

Waiting for Kobo to start round 2

Seems you do not know who the stupid girl is. She is Yoruba, but that is BTW.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Kobojunkie: 6:39am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

You are an id, iot. Who is talking of the Media here? We are on NL where almost every Yoruba contributor has strongly criticized the Igbo, as we all read from every thread that bothers on Igbo politics. You see that as okay but when Igbos do the same you give me that self-loathing blackmail crap? I do not take you serious anyways, so please kindly take your rants elsewhere. I no wan see winch for my dream okay?

Look at the im-becile still rambling! You responded to a post correcting your claim -- making it clear to you that the media, which remains the source of 99% of your information there, equally criticizes the tactics of officials and elders from other ethnic groups, and you think I am the reason why you couldn't read that post? I suggest again, you start using your head a bit more or shut up.

You started this post by, not just posting NAIRALAND GENERATED OPINIONS, but much of what you have myopically culled from media articles, now you want to pretend this is just about criticism you receive(mostly for ridiculous claims you make here) on Nairaland? Wake up  - -  fool!  

igbobuigbo:

Seems you do not know who the silly girl is. She is Yoruba, but that is BTW.

Of course, I have to be from the "enemies" camp because I do not engage in much of the moronic discourse you are known for, brilliant!! You must be proud of yourself there, aren't you. With no clue who I am, you have conveniently deduced I have to be an enemy because I am able to call you out on the silly claims you make. Life must be wonderful on that cloud you live on.  undecided
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 6:42am On Nov 29, 2010
^^^

Hey Sister
I sincerely apologise for anything that might have happened between us in the past

I am really sorry for my sins and unnecessary insults I have hauled your way in the past
Please forgive me

Now that I know that you are Oodua tokan tokan, I promise to defend you with all my might, not that you need me anyway.

Yours in Ibo-bashing
fstranger!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 29, 2010
@post and replies

ROTFLMSBO grin cheesy grin
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 6:47am On Nov 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Look at the im-becile still rambling! You responded to a post correcting your claim -- making it clear to you that the media, which remains the source of 99% of your information there, equally criticizes the tactics of officials and elders from other ethnic groups, and you think I am the reason why you couldn't read that post? I suggest again, you start using your head a bit more or shut up.

You started this post by, not just posting NAIRALAND GENERATED OPINIONS, but much of what you have myopically culled from media articles, now you want to pretend this is just about criticism you receive(mostly for ridiculous claims you make here) on Nairaland? Wake up  - -  fool!  

Of course, I have to be from the "enemies" camp because I do not engage in much of the moronic discourse you are known for, brilliant!! You must be proud of yourself there, aren't you. With no clue who I am, you have conveniently deduced I am an enemy because I am able to call you out on the silly claims you make. Life must be wonderful on that cloud you live on.  undecided

What an incoherent mumbling from a renown rabble rouser? You are sure I do not know who you are? Keep deluding yourself. If you were smart, you would have noticed that nobody here takes you serious. But no, your body-itching, self-aggrandizing nature does not let you know how air-headed you are.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Kobojunkie: 6:50am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

What an incoherent mumbling from a renown rabble rouser? You are sure I do not know who you are? Keep deluding yourself.

Even your mama wey born you no know me !   

But sure, I have to be a rabble rouser because I cause you to think outside that box you live in, right? I have to be an ENEMY for your mind to feel at ease, right? Continue! village champion!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 29, 2010
Counting the days Igbobuigbo will last before seun bans "it" again grin cheesy
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 6:52am On Nov 29, 2010
IGBO IS IGBO : KOBOJUNKIE 2 : 3

Waiting for Igbobuigbo to start round 3
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Counting the days Igbobuigbo will last before seun bans "it" again grin cheesy

Ileke my sister
quick question, Is Kobo one of us?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by igbobuigbo: 6:54am On Nov 29, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Even your mama wey born you no know me !   

But sure, I have to be a rabble rouser because I cause you to think outside that box you live in, right? I have to be an ENEMY for your mind to feel at ease, right? Continue! village champion!

If you were smart, you would have noticed that nobody here takes you serious. But no, your body-itching, self-aggrandizing nature does not let you know how air-headed you are.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

Ileke my sister
quick question, Is Kobo one of us?

Lol yes. Is it so hard to tell that kobo is also a Nigerian? wink
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Kobojunkie: 6:56am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:

If you were smart, you would have noticed that nobody here takes you serious. But no, your body-itching, self-aggrandizing nature does not let you know how air-headed you are.

See how childish the attacks continue to come? If I don't care, why do you? Let me guess, you care because YOU NEED me to fit into your SELF-LOATHING model you have going on for you there? How else will you explain the above post from you? Continue  . . .  id-iota~!
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 6:58am On Nov 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Lol yes. Is it so hard to tell that kobo is also a Nigerian? wink

Egbe ni e Ileke
The question is, again, listen carefully: is Kobo Oodua tokan tokan?

Haba o se fun e
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 7:01am On Nov 29, 2010
IGBO IS IGBO : KOBOJUNKIE 3 : 3

Waiting for Igbobuigbo to start round 4

Please be civil ok?
Don't bring your parents into this, until I tell you to do so.

If any one breaks this very important rule, the other person may be declared victorious.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 29, 2010
fstranger:

Egbe ni e Ileke
The question is, again, listen carefully: is Kobo Oodua tokan tokan?

Haba o se fun e

You hurt me! Emi ni Egbe? shocked

Now am going to log out to shed some tears cry cry
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by fstranger: 7:04am On Nov 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

You hurt me! Emi ni Egbe? shocked

Now am going to log out to shed some tears cry cry

Ok ma binu
Pele
Ara odo, Omo Olu. . .
Se Oodua tokan tokan ni girl Kobo yi?
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by excanny: 8:58am On Nov 29, 2010
Igbobuigbo, i wonder why you waste your time on a self-important egg-head called kobojungle.

Instead of having a decent arguement like you've been having with fstrange(who i initially perceived as a fool, though i was wrong) she resorts to insults and the usual rambling.

Empty self-important knock-head that thinks she has an opinion on every thing and making silly comments everywhere.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by supereagle(m): 9:51am On Nov 29, 2010
The original poster needs proper enlightenment . He has nothing up there.
The structures Awo and co built with cocoa money is still standing the test of time.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:53am On Nov 29, 2010
I thought it was already established that Kobojunk was Igbo a while ago. Don't know why she insists on typing "Ibo" though.
Re: What Does Nigeria Stand To Lose If The SW Goes Regional? by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2010
igbobuigbo:
What does Nigeria stand to lose if the SW goes regional?

Nothing, but why would they when it would decrease their ability to hold important national positions and when Nigeria is not composed of autonomous federating regions? Nigeria cannot make them go the way of Awolowo because in fact the Yorubas themselves already learned from that mistake and went the way of Akintola, after which, they were run by the military, like everyone else. Anyways, ACN isn't trying to bring real Awoism back. Just invoking the name for political points. The key thing is that the South West would not be allowed to go regional because it would mean the other regions would resurrect, leading to the end of Nigeria.

Lagos is no more the capital of Nigeria so there will not be any direct threat to the seat of govt

If the Southwest went regional (that is, Yoruba only focus) , Lagos could be maximized for Yoruba benefit only but unintelligent non-Yorubas would continue to flock there, resulting in non-Yoruba people flocking there transferring some of their wealth to this regionalist Yoruba political party (which controls the region) which could channel that money to the development of other Yoruba parts of the Southwest with non-Yoruba areas of Lagos money. If they wanted to that is, not that they would necessarily just be this diabolical with no provocation though. However, prior to independence, money from what became the Midwestern region was disproportionately used on the developement of Yorubas areas, such as Ibadan and Ijebu, when the Midwestern area was under AG (Yoruba) rule at the expense of the development of Midwestern areas, one of the major complaints leading to the creation of the Midwest state.

If the ports are threatened by, say OPC, the feds will either open up the eastern ports or send the military to wipe out OPC

This makes no sense. How does it follow that if the South West went regional, OPC thugs would randomly proceed to wreak havoc on the ports? If anything, the only thing the OPC might do is openly attack more non-Yorubas in Lagos. If you mean that the OPC would take over all Southwest ports for Yoruba use only, then it should be pointed out that most of the rest of the South will find ways around this. But the North would not, so the military would bring them to order, however how would the military wipe out a group of disorganized, random, unidentifiable people who look no different from the common populace? Anyways, what are these eastern ports that are currently unopen? Or you mean that they get less attention, as they should, because they are at only regional commerce centers rather than at the major commerce center of the entire country (Lagos)?

If the international airport in Lagos is threatened, there are others in Abuja, P.H. and the new one in Enugu

Threatened by what? OPC-Yoruba takeover? You think they have that kind of sophistication? If they do somehow take it over for Yoruba how does it follow that Nigeria doesn't lose? Nigeria will lose money, period, while still having to give money to the Yorubas because they are still in the federation. Suddenly flooding the less developed, less sophisticated, less equipped airports in the other parts of the country with more passengers, more routes, and having to construct more facilities, structures, etc. while not penalizing the Southwest in anyway for conducting a Yoruba takeover of the main international airport is clearly a loss for Nigeria.

If the SW goes regional, it means more free positions for the igbos and others Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Obviously, but how is less national competition, which leads to gradual national mediocrity, not a loss?

It also means less federal govt patronage (roads, bridges, etc) for the SW

How much federal govt. patronage has there been apart from that relevant to Lagos (the commerce center of the country) in the Southwest? It might mean less patronage for the Southwest if they go regional but it doesn't necessarily mean more patronage for any other particular part of the country. For example, it doesn't follow that federal roads and bridges will now be built in Bayelsa or Ebonyi, if there is no national relevance of such structures (i.e. if there is not heavy traffic through Bayelsa to all parts of the country, why will the federal government suddenly chip in to build a major road in Bayelsa?). The ignoring of the Southwest will not result in patronage for other areas that don't necessarily merit it and won't lead to patronage of areas that do merit it without political alliances and begging. If an area, such as Bayelsa, or say Abia, is not getting roads and bridges now, why would it get such simply because the Southwest does not. Nothing being spent on the Southwest in this area will be money saved for Nigeria so I can agree with this point, with the realistic point of view that less patronage for the Southwest doesn't improve the chances of other areas.

They get only the paltry federal allocation

While your taxes and resources will contribute to that allocation. Meanwhile they have more control over their affairs and will never have say, an Obasanjo imposed on them, or have to align with a political party (PDP) filled with an enormous amount of criminals who will loot their states as your governors, legislators, etc. will loot yours.

Plus the matter of hunger they will face if they are overly antagonistic to the North which supplies 100%  of the food in the SW

Implausible really. There is just too much farmland there. It's only a matter of necessity forcing them to take recourse to it. Then there is the coast-Ogun, Ondo, and Lagos. It's only a matter of  setting up fisheries, or other means of getting seafood, or even more likely, getting food from other countries through newly constructed ports in Ondo or Ogun through private Yoruba companies. Actually, it could be argued that the necessity of Yorubas having to grow their own food or set up more businesses to import and distribute foreign food would just increase commerce in the region and create wealth while depending on Northerners for food only transfers wealth to Northerners, most of whom don't produce anything significant with the money traders of their produce provide them.

Abuja has nothing to lose if the SW decides to play Awo politics of seclusion.
They can even secede if they want. The Igbo will not fight to bring them back.

Why would they secede? Has anybody done anything to them to make them secede out of a country that has more potential than whatever country they would form on their own?

The earlier the better.

Again, the question: What will Nigeria (minus the SW) lose if the SW goes regional? I ask this question because I have been reading lately where they seem to be boastful about going regional.

Most of the potential regions of Nigeria could stand by themselves, but the SW would actually gain by going regional in some areas but lose out in the many important areas controlled by national/federal structures (executive office (presidency, cabinet)- meaning they have no say in foreign policy, foreign economic cooperation etc., military- military positions, military training locations, etc, education- choice of location of new federal universities (within or outside of Yorubaland), loss of competition with students from outside Yorubaland (assuming exclusion of as many non-Yorubas as possible from schools in Yorubaland following a regional agenda) to improve the quality of universities, and many more areas). Southwest already learned not to go the way of Awolowo, but there are certain areas where they might benefit from going regional so those boasting are not ignoramuses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’m Not A Corrupt Politician - Anenih / “transfer Northern Cps Out Of South-east” – Igbo Leaders Of Thought Demand / Breaking News:Its Indeed Crying Times For Rivers State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.