Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:25 AM

Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? (9366 Views)

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / What's The Difference Between Dating In Your 20s And 30s? / 2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
Apination, with mathematics, it's been an old long problem for centuries trying to answer the question "DID WE DISCOVER MATHEMATICS OR DID WE INVENT IT?!" We make some rules, then work with it then we say look what we've found, but no. DID YOU INVENT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE 'INNATE' OR DID YOU DISCOVER IT ?! It's a delicate kind of thought and its worth examining.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Deicide: 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
I once told a Hausa Muslim girl that i was an atheist and she denounces all Friendship she had with me grin so @op it is not safe, most Nigeria girls are looking for God fearing Man to Marry at least its a must item on their list.

4 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Okoroawusa: 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
pocohantas:
There are atheists men and women in Nigeria. Just as there are irreligious men and women.

They are not very rare.

Though there are more agnostic persons than core atheists.

Women just have no strength to be jumping upandan arguing with religious people. Something you find most budding male atheist doing. Leave religious people alone, mba! They will jump into every religious threads or gathering to cause trouble.

Na mad person be that na. grin
Nne idikwa funny...are u an atheist?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Okoroawusa: 10:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
TheSourcerer:
I've had hope and luck my whole life , I only attract intelligent partners , who always want to to me , learn chess , know more about belive systems . It's so nice 5o be around you folks , been an Atheist all my life , my dad's one so yeah. Hello
Wow!... You have a wise father

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by TheSourcerer: 7:16am On Dec 30, 2019
whitelotus:

Convince them. You never know how you could be saving a life. cheesy
they don't have the ability to fathom the inexistance of a god to watch out for them literally Impossible for them so why try at all

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 30, 2019
Has any atheist here got married to a Christian or a Muslim lady? And are they living in Nigeria with them?

If so, how has the experience been, especially in the areas that have to do with raising kids, not honoring common religious/traditional practices like christening rites for newborns, doing ceremonies, etc.?

How did people like Tai Solarin manage to stay long in a deeply religiously conservative society like Nigeria as an atheist with their family?

Cc. Seun, LordReed, et al.

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2019
As an irreligious person, since female atheists are hard to come by in Nigeria, I would love to choose a lady that is a Christian or a Muslim but rarely goes to a church or a mosque.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by TheSourcerer: 11:39am On Dec 31, 2019
gensteejay:
As an irreligious person, since female atheists are hard to come by in Nigeria, I would love to choose a lady that is a Christian or a Muslim but rarely goes to a church or a mosque.
marrying a religious person is still going to affect the children in someway , she will either hate their idea if you imbibing the idea of a non existent Sky Daddy to your kids , best to stay safe , marry an Atheist , if not a free Thinker
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by hahn(m): 8:41am On Jan 04, 2020
Michellekabod2:
wow...I think I prefer this apatheism to atheism. If an atheist starts believing in God he can convert to Christianity but in apatheism whether I find evidence(which is unlikely) to believe in God or not I still will not return to religion....

Cc:lordreed,hahn,lordreed,1Sharon,hopefullanlord,capslocked,iamsabrina

Apatheism actually describes my position perfectly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Dissme(m): 1:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=Reality11 post=85299511]

The chances to meet an atheist here in Nigeria
Follow at(Truth_in_your_face. On IG
You have your community in there.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Dissme(m): 1:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=Reality11 post=85299511]

The chances to meet an atheist here in Nigeria
Follow at(Truth_in_your_face_) On IG
You have your community in there.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Rules7: 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
Danhumprey:
@ bolded, wait what? You were like what?

Like what you are looking for
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I personally don't give a fvck , and I'm sure I speak for most intelligent people called freethinking Atheists
undecided
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
Well am atheist but just two of my friends Know, one a girl why the other a guy. Me n the girl dated but eventually broke up, she's very popular here on nairaland.
With the way Nigerians behave towards religion it's very difficult to tell people you are atheist. So I just keep shut and mind my business.
But all my friends and family know am don't go to church or pray or do those churchy things. They think it's a phase I will outgrow and become devoted I just dey look Dem dey laugh.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2020
Great thread. I'm grateful for all the contributions
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by NkennaO: 5:29am On Oct 27, 2020
Loving the conversations here
I am irreligious and looking to meet other people who are as well

I don’t mind dating an atheist or agnostic or even meeting one

Met some but the connection just wasn’t there

Dating in Nigeria sucks sometimes when everyone is christain or Muslim and you are just over there like “I don’t belong to any religion but I respect all your religions “ and for a woman in Nigeria?

Man, this is one of the reasons I have started taking actions to leave the country

I know there are others like me here though and this thread gave me some comfort �

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by NkennaO: 5:30am On Oct 27, 2020
Deicide:
I once told a Hausa Muslim girl that i was an atheist and she denounces all Friendship she has with me grin so @op it is not safe, most Nigeria girls are looking for God fearing Man to Marry at least its a must item on their list.

That sucks. This has happened to me in some way as a woman who is irreligious dating in Nigeria. Also why I decided I wouldn’t be dating christain men anymore, just not worth it
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 7:23am On Oct 27, 2020
Apination, with mathematics, it's been an old long problem for centuries trying to answer the question "DID WE DISCOVER MATHEMATICS OR DID WE INVENT IT?!" We make some rules, then work with it then we say look what we've found, but no. DID YOU INVENT IT IN THE FIRST PLACE 'INNATE' OR DID YOU DISCOVER IT ?! It's a delicate kind of thought and its worth examining.
I see it more of a discovery.
Even thou you may create the ground rules,you clearly didn't construct those patterns that emerges,which may be astoundingly beautiful,complex...an entire universe on its on.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 27, 2020
I
whitelotus:

Yes. It shows thinking beyond your own country.

SO WHAT SEXUAL ABOUT IT.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 27, 2020
NkennaO:
Loving the conversations here
I am irreligious and looking to meet other people who are as well

I don’t mind dating an atheist or agnostic or even meeting one

Met some but the connection just wasn’t there

Dating in Nigeria sucks sometimes when everyone is christain or Muslim and you are just over there like “I don’t belong to any religion but I respect all your religions “ and for a woman in Nigeria?

Man, this is one of the reasons I have started taking actions to leave the country

I know there are others like me here though and this thread gave me some comfort �

YOU NEED AN ENCOUNTER.
JUST SAY A PRAYER :JESUS REVEAL YOURSELF To ME, OPEN MY EYES TO SEE I NEED YOUR ENCOUNTER.
Get a bible and start reading, you would thank me later.
Don't jump into a church immediately.
Later you would find out That Christianity is not a religion but a lifestyle.
God is not interested in your church going, he is everywhere with you.
Church is just a social function to fellowship with other Brethren.

N. B:I was once an atheist, I felt an emptiness in me for days, couldn't bear it no more so I said the aforementioned prayer, after that saw vision and revelation repeatedly for month. A year later without even entering a church all this while the power of the holy ghost descended on me right in my room.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How To Cope With Ladies Who Have Strong Objection For Sex In A Relationship / Am Enjoying My Sexless Relationship With My Girlfriend.... / How I Bleeped My Landlady's Daughter Till She Cum..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.