Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,158 members, 7,849,589 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? (9362 Views)

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / What's The Difference Between Dating In Your 20s And 30s? / 2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2019
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

I don't believe atheism is a belief system. I mean, yes there might be some atheistic religions out there, but atheism is not just the lack of belief in God or gods. It is also a lack of belief in concepts like karma, the lotus flower, the dharma wheel etc (known e.g in an atheistic religion like Buddhism).

And to be fair, I don't think I've ever deliberately tried to convince others. To be honest, I just don't care if someone is a Christian, Buddhist, Muslim or even worships the spaghetti monster, which is why I rarely participate in those kind of debates.

As long as you're not hurting anyone, trying to preach to me or coming up with myths and claiming they are facts, we're good.

Unfortunately, some won't just let you be. I mean, look at this one

Hey,

Do you have female friends that are irreligious like you?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

Okay, then answer this then-

WHAT DO ATHEISTS BELIEVE IN?

That they are atheist. Just to start with. Or don't you believe you are an atheist?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Hey,

Do you have female friends that are irreligious like you?

janettee grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

That they are atheist. Just to start with. Or don't you believe you are an atheist?

I am an atheist
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

I am an atheist
Hence what is it that makes you an atheist?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

janettee grin
Lolz, I don't mean virtual friends.

Real, everyday friends that you go out with or visits you from time to time like most girls do.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Real, everyday friends that you go out with or visits you from time to time like most girls do.

Lol...yeah, I do.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

Lol...yeah, I do.

Yayyyy!

Hopefully, some of us Nairaland's single irreligious guys would get connections to some of your friends if they're still single and searching though... lolz
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Yayyyy!

Hopefully, some of us Nairaland's single irreligious guys would get connections to some of your friends if they're still single and searching though... lolz

What? How? They are in Germany lol
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

janhhettee grin

Yes ma lipsrsealed grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

What? How? They are in Germany lol
LMAO... So they don't and can't date Nigerians that ain't in Germany huh?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

She's my real friend na. cheesy
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

Yes ma lipsrsealed grin

Lmaooooo grin

"ma" ko grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

She's my real friend na. cheesy
Yea, I did deduce that... Since you too are in Germany like her.
Pretty cool though.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

LMAO... So they don't and can't date Nigerians that ain't in Germany huh?

That'd be a long ass distance relationship. I'm sorry, I can't really help in that regards. Janettee is the only Nigerian female friend I have, but even she is in Germany and isn't single.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

That'd be a long ass distance relationship. I'm sorry, I can't really help in that regards. Janettee is the only Nigerian female friend I have, but even she is in Germany and isn't single

grin

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

That'd be a long ass distance relationship. I'm sorry, I can't really help in that regards. Janettee is the only Nigerian female friend I have, but even she is in Germany and isn't single.

Eyah,
the purpose of this thread is almost defeated.

Lol.

Long distance relationships ain't fun, although there are ways one could work around it.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

grin
Lolz,
don't tell me she's trying to shield you from all these able Naija Irreligious Bachelors by saying you ain't single oh...
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Eyah,
the purpose of this thread is almost defeated.

Lol.

Long distance relationships ain't fun, although there are ways one could work around it.

Apart from fierry, my other Nigerian female friends are Christians.

They are just 2 anyway.

Most Nigerians here are still religious sha. It's hard to meet atheists or agnostics who are Nigerians.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

grin

Didn't want to mention it at first because he might have just wanted to be friends, you know grin

O. won't like this grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Lolz,
don't tell me she's trying to shield you from all these able Naija Irreligious Bachelors by saying you ain't single oh...

She's actually right about me not being single.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
OP, aren't you open to dating Christians?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Danhumprey: 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:
OP, aren't you open to dating Christians?
That sounds like opening up to a life of misery. embarassed
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

Apart from fierry, my other Nigerian female friends are Christians.

They are just 2 anyway.

Most Nigerians here are still religious sha. It's hard to meet atheists or agnostics who are Nigerians.
Hmmm, interesting.

If you were still in Nigeria, do you think you'd have been an outspoken irreligious person like you are now?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Sunnystooth(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

She's actually right about me not being single.
Well, all the best with your boo, O.!
Lol
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by ashewoboy(m): 6:31pm On Dec 28, 2019
fieryy:

You and who? undecided

let's chat via mail. I have some other discussions I wanna have with you and I don't want it to be made public.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
ashewoboy:

let's chat via mail. I have some other discussions I wanna have with you and I don't want it to be made public.

Sorry, but I'm not really interested in those other discussions.

3 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:35pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danhumprey:

I'm meant to believe there are 'progressive Christians'. Don't they exist in Nigeria?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 6:36pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:
Hence what is it that makes you an atheist?

A lack of belief in god. cool
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by janettee(f): 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sunnystooth:

Hmmm, interesting.

If you were still in Nigeria, do you think you'd have been an outspoken irreligious person like you are now?

Irreligious person? Yes!
Outspoken? No!
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by ibkayee(f): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
Danhumprey:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

If You're Good In Bed, Your Girl Will Always Want You..picture / My New Girl Wants Anal Sex / Undergraduate Dies After Her Boy Friend Made Her Sleep With His Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.