Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,131 members, 7,849,543 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? (9358 Views)

My Experience As An Atheist In The Dating World. / What's The Difference Between Dating In Your 20s And 30s? / 2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Geminita1(f): 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

Well, that is your opinion. I am not hopeless. I am striving for something better.

Keep living your hopeful life that involves judging people anyhow.

Sorry but you are hopeless and deep down in your heart you know it. Remember all you are doing would come to naught, so in a real sense you are just wasting time. Your existence, ''progress'' makes no difference. Same as my judging you, whether i judge, condemn it doesn't matter anyway. The end is the same as the beginning, hopeless.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2019
Tozara
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by MJBOLT: 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2019
she sounds dumb undecided

hakeem4:
i have seen quite a few female non believers.

I remember when i was talking to my crush and she was telling me that she cannot date someone who does not believe in jesus. Then i asked her why? she said because they are not morally upright. There is this stigma many people have against ATHEIST, like we are one virus or something like that grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Reality11: 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
Geminita1:
There is no hope for you guys in anything. Remember you believe in a hopeless idea of life. You will die hopeless too.

Look at what is emanating from this one

Let me give you a life hack.
Speak when you have something to say, don't speak because others are speaking

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2019
Reality11:

Look at what is emanating from this one

Let me give you a life hack.
Speak when you have something to say, don't speak because others are speaking

Sounds like the kind of girl hakeem4 was talking about grin
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

Yes. There is an older definition that means someone who says there is no god.

A belief system is an ideology used to discern things
A belief system is not an ideology, that's something else entirely. A belief system involves principles or tenets on which a Philosophy, religion or Moral code is built on. What's the difference between saying there's no good and saying there's no proof for the existence of God? It's just change of language. Atheism is a belief system because it involves principles on which a certain belief is held.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

grin

Even in the medical field, not every illness is subjected to a laboratory test in order to make a proof. Ordinary symptoms makes a dictation as to what the problem is. We don't have to make a complexity of a simplicity just to project ourselves as men of knowledge. Such amounts to EGOCENTRICITY.

Babies instinctively know that their cry will draw attention and not their smiles if there is a problem they want to be attended to. What proof is there to look for in this?

Let's put this argument to bed, do you know what the theory of cause and effect states?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
whitelotus:

But the first premise isnt false.
Are you sure?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

Let's put this argument to bed, do you know what the theory of cause and effect states?

What does it state with respect to our argument. And by the way, a theory is very subjective not the same as a law.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2019
I am not a hundred percent atheist, I still believe there is a God but that is changing slowly.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

grin

Even in the medical field, not every illness is subjected to a laboratory test in order to make a proof. Ordinary symptoms makes a dictation as to what the problem is. We don't have to make a complexity of a simplicity just to project ourselves as men of knowledge. Such amounts to EGOCENTRICITY.

Babies instinctively know that their cry will draw attention and not their smiles if there is a problem they want to be attended to. What proof is there to look for in this?

I don't believe you understand what it means to KNOW. Instincts are not knowledge, they do not in certain terms determine the outcome of a particular action. According to you its common knowledge and thus I believe there is or are scientific studies in relation to it, so get the data and then make a strong statement on the basis of that.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ardar:
I am not a hundred percent atheist, I still believe there is a God but that is changing slowly.

What are you saying?!
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

I don't believe you understand what it means to KNOW. Instincts are not knowledge, they do not in certain terms determine the outcome of a particular action. According to you its common knowledge and thus I believe there is or are scientific studies in relation to it, so get the data and then make a strong statement on the basis of that.

Knowledge indeed is as well instinctive, it's something you know from the inside, very much a genetical programming and not a biological function because of the cognitive system involved in such action, which emanates from the mind.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

What are you saying?!

It means am not fully an atheist yet, atheists don't believe in the existence of God right?

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

What does it state with respect to our argument. And by the way, a theory is very subjective not the same as a law.
Sorry, its a law not a theory.
You said when a baby needs attention, he or she cries. That's a general statement to begin with, which is actually false since there's no proof for it. Subjecting babies cries as the effect of having a need to be attended to is rather, a wild conclusion. It begs the question why do babies cry? If I beat a baby and he starts crying, is that based on a need? In that case the principle of causation based on your position which is a definite conclusion has not been met and falters when we put the cause and effect side by side.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ardar:

It means am not fully an atheist yet, atheists don't believe in God right?

You are not up to date. That position has shifted to THE LACK OF BELIEVE IN GOD grin.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by DMPaulSr: 10:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
True talks...
I myself is an apatheist... Quiet different from atheism in some way sha.. Just that apatheism is about, "if there is a God or not, we are not interested". I stopped disclosing my identity when people started avoiding me in school. One time last month, a guy called me a lost soul. I laff sha. Can't someone practice what he believes in peace? Nigerian Christians are the highest hypocrites in this world.. No Muslim will look at you like a demon when you tell them your belief...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

You are not up to date. That position has shifted to THE LACK OF BELIEVE IN GOD grin.

Isn't that the same thing?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2019
Iloveu2:

Knowledge indeed is as well instinctive, it's something you know from the inside, very much a genetical programming and not a biological function because of the cognitive system involved in such action, which emanates from the mind.
Bro. Please stop using terminologies you don't understand. You can You are putting up one faulty argument after another. There's no instinctive knowledge, instinct is one thing, knowledge is something else. Do you know what it means to be genetically programmed? That's simply saying the person is a biological machine, humans are not programmed, if so we all will have the same level of knowledge.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Apination(m): 10:08pm On Dec 28, 2019
DMPaulSr:
True talks...
I myself is an apatheist... Quiet different from atheism in some way sha.. Just that apatheism is about, "if there is a God or not, we are not interested". I stopped disclosing my identity when people started avoiding me in school. One time last month, a guy called me a lost soul. I laff sha. Can't someone practice what he believes in peace? Nigerian Christians are the highest hypocrites in this world.. No Muslim will look at you like a demon when you tell them your belief...

You are indifferent to such knowledge, there is nothing like apatheism. You are simply indifferent
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2019
DMPaulSr:
True talks...

That's not true.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

Sorry, its a law not a theory.
You said when a baby needs attention, he or she cries. That's a general statement to begin with, which is actually false since there's no proof for it. Subjecting babies cries as the effect of having a need to be attended to is rather, a wild conclusion. It begs the question why do babies cry? If I beat a baby and he starts crying, is that based on a need? In that case the principle of causation based on your position which is a definite conclusion has not been met and falters when we put the cause and effect side by side.

And except a baby is beaten they do not cry,?! grin Are you turning a blind eye to the simple fact that babies cry without being beaten and even more so because the seek attention. Don't be selective in your analysis by being divergent from the fact that IT IS NOT ONLY WHEN A BABY IS BEATEN THAT A BABY CRIES.

Even science does not start with a proof, it starts with a general statement called hypothesis which in this case unless you love to argue blind will you disprove that babies do cry to get attention for their need.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
Ardar:

Isn't that the same thing?
Nope.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by DMPaulSr: 10:21pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

You are indifferent to such knowledge, there is nothing like apatheism. You are simply indifferent
Btw I'm not here for argument...

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

Bro. Please stop using terminologies you don't understand. You can You are putting up one faulty argument after another. There's no instinctive knowledge, instinct is one thing, knowledge is something else. Do you know what it means to be genetically programmed? That's simply saying the person is a biological machine, humans are not programmed, if so we all will have the same level of knowledge.

Read the highlighted below which I made in advance just to make you not become confuse but still yet,
Iloveu2:

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by YungMillionaire: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2019
I am not an atheist, I just consider the bible and koran gods to be false.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2019
Geminita1:
Sorry but you are hopeless and deep down in your heart you know it. Remember all you are doing would come to naught, so in a real sense you are just wasting time. Your existence, ''progress'' makes no difference. Same as my judging you, whether i judge, condemn it doesn't matter anyway. The end is the same as the beginning, hopeless.

Keep judging, mrs hopeful.

Have a wonderful life.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 10:49pm On Dec 28, 2019
Reality11:

The chances to meet an atheist here in Nigeria is very very slim, even in the more secular western world where atheism is common what's the percentage of its adherent?

Then think of Nigeria the overall over religious capital of the world, lol grin what would the atheist population be? Only a small fraction I guess!

To add more to this, atheist here are not outspoken due to fear of stigmatization. Me in particular, I've been an atheist for over 10 years but not more than 5 persons know of it, in fact I've never meet an atheist offline all my life.

But the funny thing is that your neighbour might be an atheist too but you won't know due to the aforementioned

Beside I go to church sometimes, same with some atheist, agnostic, deist here. so it would to very hard to tell if one is or not.

That last part is true. I go to church to keep.up appearances. Many people assume I am a christian grin

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2019
janettee:

Yea from my experience, most white people are atheist. I understand how you must have felt.

I know. I schooled in Europe. I became an atheist my 2nd year in university.
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by whitelotus: 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2019
Apination:

A belief system is not an ideology, that's something else entirely. A belief system involves principles or tenets on which a Philosophy, religion or Moral code is built on. What's the difference between saying there's no good and saying there's no proof for the existence of God? It's just change of language. Atheism is a belief system because it involves principles on which a certain belief is held.

That is a convoluted argument. The only thing that all atheists agree on is their disbelief in god.

How a disbelief is now a belief system is beyond me
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by Danhumprey: 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2019
Rules7:
Smiles;;;

I see post like this and I just smile the Op who opened this thread is confused and unstable, I was like this before, I pray you dont get too deep with this crap ,you will commit suicide when the time comes.
Just an advice

;;;;Continues eating;;""
@ bolded, wait what? You were like what?
Re: Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? by hopefulLandlord: 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2019
pocohantas:

Agnostic people do not deny the existence of God, but they cannot relate with Him on a personal level.
that's a deist not an agnostic

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why You Should Date A Nigerian Man / Lauren Goodger Want's You To See Her Big Bum In Skin-tight Leggings / The Girl I Broke Up With 6months Ago Is Currently fu*king My Neighbour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.