Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,411 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? (5559 Views)

Does Height Compatibility Matter? / If You’re A Woman, You Have Two Choices When Picking A Man / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Petyprincess(f): 8:46am On Mar 07, 2020
Davash222:

Funmisticqueen said exactly same thing now she's dating a 'broke Nigerian boy'(a Nairalander sef). We know una tactics.. Can't settle for less.
Nd I'm princess not funmi!! Nd what made you think her bf is broke? Because he's a nairalander? Nw you can't blame me if i believe this stereotype that most nairalanders are broke because you just proved me right!!

3 Likes

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Petyprincess(f): 8:47am On Mar 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

irony of life.

as I am, my wife must be taller than me.

first thing I will continue looking out for in the woman I want to marry is her height, she must be obviously taller than me, then other things follow.

if I'm taller than her, we can't marry.
Are you serious? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:53am On Mar 07, 2020
Petyprincess:

Are you serious? shocked

life na choice ooh, my dear. grin

I can't marry a woman I'm taller than. I won't even woo her in the first place. I'm talking about wife here, not GFs ooh grin wife must be taller than me.

btw, na u bring me come here. u like wahala sha. I see as u dey give dem hot hot grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Offpoint: 8:55am On Mar 07, 2020
Petyprincess:

This how you fail exam simple question you can't even answer, "will you date a short girl?" you giving offpoint reply undecided
Nd you think Nigerian girls are interested in short broke guy like you? It's funny how y'all think you worth reach 1 derica of rice grin
Do you have any idea how painful it is to include my name in a comment?

Each person who replies you, I'll automatically get a mention. I'm
tired of waking up every morning to tons of mentions, I think I need to sue someone...

3 Likes

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Thoseen30(m): 8:55am On Mar 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

irony of life.

first thing I will continue looking out for in the woman I want to marry is her height, she must be obviously taller than me, then other things follow.

however, short or tall in height is relative.

what you see as short might be tall to someone else.

imagine Anthony Joshua calling Cristiano Ronaldo short man because Jushua is taller than Ronaldo. whereas, Ronaldo is not a short guy.

I really like your comment but can you change your signature?? Which one is free oussy
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Thoseen30(m): 8:56am On Mar 07, 2020
Offpoint:

Do you have any idea how painful it is to include my name in a comment?

Each person who replies you, I'll automatically get a mention. I'm � of waking up every morning to tons of mentions, I think I never to sue someone...

Lmao like ur name you're off point
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Petyprincess(f): 9:07am On Mar 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

I can't marry a woman I'm taller than. I won't even woo her in the first place. I'm talking about wife here, not GFs ooh grin wife must be taller than me.

btw, na u bring me come here. u like wahala sha. I see as u dey give dem hot hot grin grin
Well i guess that's your preference which i have no problem of bt generalising that no tall girl in Nigeria like some mumu up there shows how closed minded some guys are here!! One even believed only Nigerian girls are short grin,I never knew being short has to any do with nationality or race until today by our dumb nairaland guys lipsrsealed
Lol i like am o grin
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Davash222(m): 9:09am On Mar 07, 2020
Petyprincess:

Nd I'm princess not funmi!! Nd what made you think her bf is broke? Because he's a nairalander? Nw you can't blame me if i believe this stereotype that most nairalanders are broke because you just proved me right!!
What makes you think I'm broke Stop contradicting yourself.
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Davash222(m): 9:14am On Mar 07, 2020
Petyprincess:

Well i guess that's your preference which i have no problem of bt generalising that no tall girl in Nigeria like some mumu up there shows how closed minded some guys are here!! One even believed only Nigerian girls are short grin,I never knew being short has to any do with nationality or race until today by our dumb nairaland guys lipsrsealed
Lol i like am o grin
You must be real short, I mean, you must be brief. You are so pained over this 'short' of a thing. Why are you taking it personal? You're not the only Nigerian girl here.

3 Likes

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by XhosaNostra(f): 9:20am On Mar 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

Strange that you'd want a woman towering over you, but hey, to each their own.

What's the issue you guys seem to have with short girls? I swear it's the 1st time I'm hearing about it here. Where I'm from it's not an issue. My mom was only 4'11 but had a 6ft + guy spinning her around like a pizza dough or whatever they did in private grin
Anyway imo, couples look "good" together, when the guy is slightly taller than the woman. Imagine having to look down at your guy, I'm sure it makes the woman feel masculine or like she's playing with dolls all over again cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Petyprincess(f): 9:23am On Mar 07, 2020
Davash222:

You must be real short, I mean, you must be brief. You are so pained over this 'short' of a thing. Why are you taking it personal? You're not the only Nigerian girl here.
Lol i was expecting this comment,when i was against age gap relationship they called me "evening newspaper",when i was against homophobic attack they call me "lesbian" nw that I'm against generalization you think I'm short grin Nothing here can surprise me no more!! Nd yes I'm not the only Nigerian girl here bt I'm princess so when i see ignorant comments about my nationality i have the right to enlighten your ignorant ass!!
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Davash222(m): 9:26am On Mar 07, 2020
Petyprincess:

Lol i was expecting this comment,when i was against age gap relationship they called me "evening newspaper",when i was against homophobic attack they call me "lesbian" nw that I'm against generalization you think I'm short grin Nothing here can surprise me no more!! Nd yes I'm not the only Nigerian girl here bt I'm princess so when i see ignorant comments about my nationality i have the right to enlighten your ignorant ass!!
Short girl, Big trouble.
Carry your wahala dey go.

3 Likes

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 07, 2020
Height is just a number. cheesy

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by duchaB(m): 10:09am On Mar 07, 2020
favoryte33:
I heared short guys are psychologically intimidated by ladies taller than them. Also, the short girls like the really tall men to complement their gene pool. Are these facts or mere assumptions?

Not 100% facts, not 100% false either.

So, for some ladies, choosing a short partner don't matter to them cos there maybe other inner qualities that make up for that..
Same goes for Guys who would choose a short partner.

Many short ladeis are irresistably beautiful inside and outside hence Guys with good eyes can't pass that up.
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:13am On Mar 07, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Strange that you'd want a woman towering over you, but hey, to each their own.

don't get it wrong, sis. there is nothing strange about this at all. it is just a perfect one for me.
and, don't think any woman taller than her partner would be dominating, height doesn't give domination.
a man will always be a man, no matter how they see it.
seems u don't know how manly I feel when talking to a girl that appear taller.
now, imagine me having such as a wife. it is such a perfect bliss.

What's the issue you guys seem to have with short girls? I swear it's the 1st time I'm hearing about it here. Where I'm from it's not an issue. My mom was only 4'11 but had a 6ft + guy spinning her around like a pizza dough or whatever they did in privategrin

I don't think any guy should be having issues with short girls, though. cos naturally, men prefer having a partner they are taller than, cos to them, that's how to appear manly to a woman.
I will never have issues with short girls, cos I had dated short girls in the past, and I'm still having some today. height is nothing to me.
but my wife must be taller.

the bolded, though. grin grin you is a funny person.

Anyway imo, couples look "good" together, when the guy is slightly taller than the woman. Imagine having to look down at your guy, I'm sure it makes the woman feel masculine or like she's playing with dolls all over again cheesy

imagine having to look up at your babe and she keeps kneeling down to greet u as her husband, seeing you with a briefcase and she walks up to you with smile+hug+kisses and collects the case from you and says 'welcome sweetheart/darling', and goes to the kitchen and makes some delicacies and brings it to you at the dining table, etc.

see, no matter how it is, the man is always the husband. no two ways about it.

4 Likes

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:18am On Mar 07, 2020
Petyprincess:

Lol i like am o grin

no mind them jare grin

1 Like

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:23am On Mar 07, 2020
Thoseen30:

I really like your comment but can you change your signature?? Which one is free pussy

thanx for appreciating my comment.

@the bolded, it is just a lifestyle my brother. grin
if u no understand am, some girls understand wetin I mean.

I hail u, bro.

2 Likes

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Okoroawusa: 10:33am On Mar 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

irony of life.

however, short or tall in height is relative.

what you see as short might be tall to someone else.

imagine Anthony Joshua calling Cristiano Ronaldo short man because Jushua is taller than Ronaldo. whereas, Ronaldo is not a short guy.
mmm.... you make sense

1 Like

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Mayor21(m): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2020
I'm a very short guy 5'4 yet I feel vey uncomfortable with taller girls damm

But I must marry a tall woman maybe 5'7 or 5'8 nothing more, if at all I'll see sef
These days wehbe sa no gal one gree date talkless if marry shot man. Chaii

1 Like

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by SpartanKing: 10:53am On Mar 07, 2020
XhosaNostra:

Good morning to you too, Your Highness.
yes, thanks!

1 Like

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2020
NextD18:

And another thing is; The height considered tall for a lady might not be considered tall as a man.

A lady of 5'6 or 5'7 will tag herself tall, unlike a man
You're so right about this. I'm 5'8, and I consider myself as a short guy embarassed e dey pain me gan anytime I see all these small small boys wey don dey tall pass me cry

angry
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by James289(f): 11:09am On Mar 07, 2020
Yes. I won't date men who are shorter than me or who aren't a bit taller than me at least when I have on heels.
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Phenomenal16(f): 11:11am On Mar 07, 2020
M 5'5 ...but i still consider myself short
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Dande55: 11:31am On Mar 07, 2020
Tall guys all the way.
Not just Tall, you must look good too.
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:56am On Mar 07, 2020
BabaOwen:
You're so right about this. I'm 5'8, and I consider myself as a short guy embarassed e dey pain me gan anytime I see all these small small boys wey don dey tall pass me cry

angry

5.8 is above average naaah.

which kind thing be this.

are u expecting urself to be taller than everyone u see? Same as u will always see people you are taller than.

the only guys that should be complaining are the ones shorter than 5.5. even at that, there is alway a woman for everyone.
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
Phenomenal16:
M 5'5 ...but i still consider myself short

you can only be short in the eyes of someone 6ft and above.

you are taller than average female height in Nigeria.
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Effulgent(m): 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
I'm 5'6 though.........i don't know if I should consider that as short or average, but I would rather have a lady of my height or 5'5

I don't want 5'3 or less
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
Well...from my experience not so long ago, I'll yes.
Short guys feel intimidated and this tends to make them edgy or angry at the slightest.
I met one recently who was always feeling less of himself. Any little thing he'll think it because of his height he's being taken for granted or he's not loved because of his height.

I tried severally to allay his fears that I'm not after heights but due to his past experiences with girls who dumped him because of his height, he didn't believe me.
We broke up anyways. He seems to be intimidated by his height and feels no one wants him.

As for whether to it matters, hmmm I think from my experience, it now matters. I can't stand an edgy man. And they can be very unforgiving. Yes! Quote me anywhere. They are hard hearted too.
Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by mikebabs101: 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
Petyprincess:

This is the first time I'm doing this, but I wonder why some guys even give you attention here, you seem like someone with a low self esteem and irritates me, are you not the one that claim to have a polish boyfriend lol, babe grow up. And I have seen your picture somewhere, personally you not even the league of beautiful girls, abeg shift joor

3 Likes

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by XhosaNostra(f): 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

don't get it wrong, sis. there is nothing strange about this at all. it is just a perfect one for me.
and, don't think any woman taller than her partner would be dominating, height doesn't give domination.
a man will always be a man, no matter how they see it.
seems u don't know how manly I feel when talking to a girl that appear taller.
now, imagine me having such as a wife. it is such a perfect bliss.

I don't think any guy should be having issues with short girls, though. cos naturally, men prefer having a partner they are taller than, cos to them, that's how to appear manly to a woman.
I will never have issues with short girls, cos I had dated short girls in the past, and I'm still having some today. height is nothing to me.
but my wife must be taller.

the bolded, though. grin grin you is a funny person.

imagine having to look up at your babe and she keeps kneeling down to greet u as her husband, seeing you with a briefcase and she walks up to you with smile+hug+kisses and collects the case from you and says 'welcome sweetheart/darling', and goes to the kitchen and makes some delicacies and brings it to you at the dining table, etc.

see, no matter how it is, the man is always the husband. no two ways about it.

I see.

The bolded cracked me up. What a mental image!

1 Like

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
Tall guys tend to find petite ladies attractive which is kind of annoying since I'm very tall and most of the guys eyeing me are at least 3 inches shorter than I am. I'm 6'1.

1 Like

Re: Does Height Really Matter When Picking A Partner? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
SassyGem101:
Well...from my experience not so long ago, I'll yes.
Short guys feel intimidated and this tends to make them edgy or angry at the slightest.
I met one recently who was always feeling less of himself. Any little thing he'll think it because of his height he's being taken for granted or he's not loved because of his height.

I tried severally to allay his fears that I'm not after heights but due to his past experiences with girls who dumped him because of his height, he didn't believe me.
We broke up anyways. He seems to be intimidated by his height and feels no one wants him.

As for whether to it matters, hmmm I think from my experience, it now matters. I can't stand an edgy man. And they can be very unforgiving. Yes! Quote me anywhere. They are hard hearted too.
Very true, sis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!! The Olosho I Carried Last Night Turned Into A Man This Morning!! (graphic / . / I Am Fuvking Tired Of This!!.. Who Else Is Experiencing This??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.