Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! (24796 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2010
jason123:

Shattap dia! What  if itsekiri want to join their Nd neighbours? Would you force them. Ode!

look,, mumu,, if they want to join nigerdelta group, your leaders would not have join afenefera undecided undecided
use your sense here,,,,moreover,,,ijaw people do not like you,,and massacred your people in warri like chicken,,so what are you talking about undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2010
alj harem1:

look,, mumu,, if they want to join nigerdelta group, your leaders would not have join afenefera undecided undecided
use your sense here,,,,moreover,,,ijaw people do not like you,,and massacred your people in warri like chicken,,so what are you talking about undecided

We also killed them so what gives? It was a fight and everyone lost! My people are not like biafrans that keep bringing up past issues (no offence to biafrans). We move on and form bonds whether with yorubas or ijaw. As I said earlier, I would prefer if MY PEOPLE join odua than biafra. Intact, I would even prefer a southern confederation or just us Ssoutherners than just biafra alone. No hard feelings, but I have nothing in common with igbos.

All in all, I love the idea of a SOUTHERN CONFEDERATION. MO
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 4:55pm On Dec 26, 2010
Southern confederation minus the disgruntled and resentful Ibos = YES
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
Onlytruth:

Dayokanu disappoints me with his level of ignorance.

I'm shocked by the dudes cluelessness. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Can you bring out specific points I made that look clueless to you?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by dayokanu(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2010
Faeb:

I am really appalled at the level of political ignorance by some of our brothers from the SW (dayokanu, lagbaja etc). For some strange reason, they feel that the old Midwest (or parts of it) will find their way into Oduduwa. The very same Midwest that bolted from the SW?

Did you actually read my posts cos I am wondering where you dug out your conclusions about my statements from.

I would give you the benefit of doubt and quote some of my posts

If there is a break, Yorubas can stay on their own, If the Edo and Part of Delta want to join fine and if not Good also.

This would include the Yoruba speaking part of Kwara and Kogi states.

Its their choice, We cant decide to have them in a country if they dont want to, I dont want some SS people calling my people leeches just in a bid to remain in the same country with them, I believe the SW and even the SE can do without SS oil and troubles.

Assuming a Southern Nigeria country is coming to place, I wont want to be insulted like they do Hausas calling them leeches and stuff. I repeat SW dont need the SS oil to stand alone.

Also You cant say the SS is too small to stand alone, some countries in Europe A country like Andorra has less than 100,000 people countries like Leichenstein and Luxemburg are actually very small.

In the SS while reluctant to mix anyone with the SW, i can actually go with Edo people, Itshekiri and a large part of Delta State if they are willing. But those Rivers Bayelsa , Good luck with whoever they go with

So can you point to me where you got your points from my posts. Cos I stated several times that SW dont need any part of SS
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Obiagu1(m): 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20:

Southern confederation minus the disgruntled and resentful Ibos = YES

In as much as I know you are intellectually inept, I'll like to remind you that in the event that 9ja splits, no southern minority group would want to join the Yoruba domineering (voting along tribal line) nature without the Igbos to neutralise that effect. That is a fact.

If the South has a nation, we won't be disgruntled anymore because the North is no longer there, in fact, we'll want a SN. Let me see how the Yorubas will dominate as alluded by dayokanu. Populationwise, intellectualwise, etc, it's almost the same. When the Igbos in the North that don't want to live in the SE because of the extreme nature of the competition there move to SW, we'll see how the equation shifts.

We are not the highest populated group in Lagos so can't win elections there but we are not football as well, go there and see for yourself.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2010
dayokanu:

Did you actually read my posts cos I am wondering where you dug out your conclusions about my statements from.

I would give you the benefit of doubt and quote some of my posts

So can you point to me where you got your points from my posts. Cos I stated several times that SW dont need any part of SS

beaf is just , he does not read before he post
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 6:06pm On Dec 26, 2010
Lagbaja2 aka ftranger
As usual, you reason with your anus
Yes, indeed in years after independence, Igbos dominated both politics and the army. Many Igbos were in the officer corpse then than other groups.
An Igbo was head of the military (Ironsi), was the president (Zik), was the senate president (Orizu), was the speaker (Jaja Nwachukwu) all at once

More ministers during Balewa time were Igbo that were hausa/Fulani and Yorubas were not even in reckoning then
Yoruba have never dominated govt over Igbos
Obj was not Yoruba candidate, and when he was in charge, Igbo dominated the recognizable ministries and parastals (Okonjo Iweala/Soludo/Ezekwesili, etc cabal)

The two universities in Nigeria as of 1960-1962 UNN and UI, were both headed by Igbos
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2010
All that Awo did to Igbos was to eliminate or reduce Igbo domination of the federal govt whcih was abig issue for the Yoruba at that time

The 1964-65 Elections

The federal parliamentary election campaign in December 1964--the first since independence--was contested by two political alliances incorporating all the major parties. The Nigerian National Alliance (NNA) was composed of the NPC, Akintola's Western-based Nigerian National Democratic Party, and opposition parties representing ethnic minorities in the Midwestern and Eastern regions. It was opposed by the United Progressive Grand Alliance (UPGA), which joined the NCNC and the remnants of the Action Group with two minority-based northern allies, the Northern Elements Progressive Union and the United Middle Belt Congress.

Not surprisingly, the NNA adopted a platform that reflected the views of the northern political elite and, hence, was an attempt by the NPC to gain firmer control of federal politics through an alliance with the Western Region. Its appeal to voters outside the north was based essentially on the advantages to be gained from associating with the party in power. The NNA preyed on Yoruba fears of Igbo domination of the federal government.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_did_Nigeria_gain_its_independence#ixzz19ErpXCaG
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Obj was not Yoruba candidate, and when he was in charge, Igbo dominated the recognizable ministries and parastals (Okonjo Iweala/Soludo/Ezekwesili, etc cabal)

Any more proof the Yorubas are not out to get you? Those ministers you mentioned did not appoint themselves, did they?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Lagbaja2 aka ftranger
As usual, you reason with your anus
Yes, indeed in years after independence, Igbos dominated both politics and the army. Many Igbos were in the officer corpse then than other groups.
An Igbo was head of the military (Ironsi), was the president (Zik), was the senate president (Orizu), was the speaker (Jaja Nwachukwu/Ume Ezuoke) all at once

More ministers during Balewa time were Igbo that were hausa/Fulani and Yorubas were not even in reckoning then
Yoruba have never dominated govt over Igbos

The two universities in Nigeria as of 1960-1962 UNN and UI, were both headed by Igbos
i think you are bad for us igbos in general,,,,,why bring 1960's to this issue when the country says "nigeria needs to split urgently" undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
Also during Ironsi's short military interregnum, Igbo dominated the military as well
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Also during Ironsi short military interregnum, Igbo dominated the military as well

Ancient history.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

Any more proof the Yorubas are not out to get you? Those ministers you mentioned did not appoint themselves, did they?

Obasanjo is not a typical Yoruba. He has no Awo-type Yoruba agenda which is to try and dominate others. That is why Yoruba do not like him and even claim that he is Igbo. A typical Yoruba will not appoint Igbos even if they were the only competent ones around.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Ojiani: 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2010
Faeb:

I am really appalled at the level of political ignorance by some of our brothers from the SW (dayokanu, lagbaja etc). For some strange reason, they feel that the old Midwest (or parts of it) will find their way into Oduduwa. The very same Midwest that bolted from the SW?
We do not appreciate any form of overbearing dominance by any large ethnic group that has not grasped the meaning of true federalism and imagines their population will equate to total political control. It is quite clear that some have no clue as to why todays Nigeria is failing; even though, God in his infinite wisdom has ensured that Nigeria is kept alive by the SS minorities, some are still too blind to see an equitable way out. Tribalism is for fools.

As for Udezue's partitioning of the Itsekiri with the Yoruba, it seems a physical impossibility, because there are vast Ijaw territories between the Itsekiri and the Yoruba. More than that however, is the fact that the problems between the Urhobo and Ijaw against the Itsekiri are easily resolvable (as evidenced by current Delta state politics); especially when it is realised that they were created when we were part of the Western region. Yes, the Warri problem was created by a tribalistic Western region leader (who like some from that region today, put population above equity). We won't be going back to the same old thing - the SS minorities aren't anybodies puns.

As to the way we will go in the event of a split, it would likely be a country made up of the old Midwest groups. Failing that, we would accept a confederation, if offered by Biafra. We would accept same from the SW, only we will never be part of a country called Oduduwa (names gotto go).

A state like Delta, whose people are politically savvy over and beyond what obtains in the rest of the country, will come to any negotiating table with very sophisticated arguments. The question is if others will be ready or able to cope.
Delta state is the only one in Nigeria to have been successfully led by someone from an ethnic minority; Uduaghan is Itsekiri, in a state whose majority population is Urhobo (followed by Igbo). Nigeria should be modelled on Delta state, we put the rest to shame.

True
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by buzugee(m): 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2010
and if nigeria splits then all of a sudden the nigerians in one of the breakaway section will become patriotic, nationalistic and selfless right ?  grin grin grin grin i think its too early in the morning to be smoking crack. leave that pipe alone foo
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Obasanjo is not a typical Yoruba. He has no Awo-type Yoruba agenda which is to try and dominate others. That is why Yoruba do not like him and even claim that he is Igbo. A typical Yoruba will not appoint Igbos even if they were the only competent ones around.

Yorubas do not hate igbos! an igbo man is the commissioner in lagos!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Ojiani: 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2010
I am going to report all that does not stick on topic.Cut out the tribalistic nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2010
On the topic
I will prefer a split along ethnic lines for the big 4: Hausa/Fulani (or the entire North if the northern minorities are okay with their majority) Igbo, Yoruba, and Ijaw. The smaller minorities can also form the own countries or join which group they wish, freewilly. I prefer a homegenous Igbo country comprising all Igbos in the SE and SW

I believe the Igbos in SS will prefer to be with their brothers across the Niger and Imo rivers than  becoming 2nd class citizens under Ijaw domination
The SE Igbo have shown that all Igbos are equal by consistently putting SS Igbo in the leadership of ohaneze.

Igbo is rich. We have the critical human and material resources and we are hardworking and not lazy like ngbatis
So, a combo of human, material and can-do spirit will see us as the nation to beat in a former Nigeria. Once we get Rivers Igbo into the fold, then access to the sea from Ikwerre Igbo is secured.

My worry is what happens to the billion dollar worth of Igbo properties in the North and West. Will wicked Yorubas (in the case of West) like fstranger and Aigbofa (same person) not destroy or confiscate them? So Igbos have to plan to repatriate their movable wealth to safe havens before the division. They can sell the fixed assets to Fasola at exhorbitant prices.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jaygetta(m): 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2010
I am appalled! If these posters are going to be leaders of the New Nations that make up the former Nigeria,then nothing will change, really! Its clear that some on here have no clue what they are advocating, are including sentiments in their arguments, or just want to rehash their phantom 'tribal superiority. Period! Some want to bring in previous ethnic sentiments, into what should be a future development plan. Or how do you explain Ochi-Agha's nonsensical analysis, Beaf's (oops, faeb's)rants, or (this one was a whooper) Onlytruth's statement that Edo will not go with the Yorubas, or that most of Edo is Christian?. . . Na who dem go come go with? The names Tunde Akogun, Adams Oshiomole, Dele Momodu,Seyi Olomu and co are from where? Take a wild guess. . . Then as per the Christianity issue. . . Edo state has a very high (if not slight majority) Muslim population. Murtala Ramat Mohammed was an Etsako man, u know? Tony Momoh was born Muslim (his first name is Suleiman). Kassim Afegbua, Mallam Yesufu Garuba, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Shuaibu Amodu are Etsako too. . . Why u think Shuaibu never left Fatkubu on the bench?! The Edos are just as diverse as the Yorubas in terms of religion (christian/moslem/animist), have learnt to live together in relative peace,plus they share a significant amount of culture and history with the Yorubas.A lot of public figures, and ordinary folks, u see today and think they are Yoruba are actually Edos. If the Edos run off with the Yorubas, what do u think the Itshekiris will do? To those still hoping that Nigeria will stay together, I say to you: "Dreams of Utopia feel good, but reality is better"! Nigeria will split, and I hope soon and this is what I see happening: There will not be bloodshed, at least not initially. Nobody will support the Hausas this time, so that Chapter is closed; they are on their own.I don't know how the eventual partition of Nigeria will end up, but I tell You, whoever gets the Ijaws as part of its share is in for a very long, rough and frightening ride!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

That is just not true. It is precisely this type of mistaken ideas that are fueling ethic discord in Nigeria.
Awo did not seek to dominate anybody. You need to query the validity and accuracy of these wild notions rather than hold on to them dogmatically.

If it serves your purpose of trying to make Yorubas look bad, then fine. But, if you are seeking the truth, then you need to dig deeper my friend.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 6:37pm On Dec 26, 2010
jason123:

Yorubas do not hate igbos! an igbo man is the commissioner in lagos!

He is a copy version. The true gesture was when Nnamani and Kalu first appointed Yorubas into Enugu and Abia govt before Tinubu copied and brought in Akabueze (now retained by Fasola). Yorubas can never start anything good for Igbo. We always start and they try to reciprocate.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 6:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

That is just not true. It is precisely this type of mistaken ideas that are fueling ethic discord in Nigeria.
Awo did not seek to dominate anybody. You need to query the validity and accuracy of these wild notions rather than hold on to them dogmatically.

If it serves your purpose of trying to make Yorubas look bad, then fine. But, if you are seeking the truth, then you need to dig deeper my friend.

I do not expect you to agree with me. Okay!!!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2010
Notice that when Igbos dominated, it was based on merit
But when Yoruba did (Obasanjo) it was by hausa nomination
And when Hausa does, it is by non-merit.

Spot the difference?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nsiman(m): 6:46pm On Dec 26, 2010
Alj harem1, u have the brain of a cow! Imagine u insulting pple u don't know face 2 face. Imagine u mentioned beaf, edwin clerk. I advise u to direct ur talk to the person on forum, as a matter of fact this God forsaken country will split (let me borow 4rom ur bros Atiku) by unadvoidable violence
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Notice that when Igbos dominated, it was based on merit
But when Yoruba did (Obasanjo) it was by hausa nomination
And when Hausa does, it is by non-merit.

Spot the difference?

Yeah, yeah. Aguiyi Ironsi also got there by merit, after ibos wiped out almost all Hausa and Yoruba political leaders right?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

He is a copy version. The true gesture was when Nnamani and Kalu first appointed Yorubas into Enugu and Abia govt before Tinubu copied and brought in Akabueze (now retained by Fasola). Yorubas  undecidedcan never start anything good for Igbo. We always  undecidedstart and they try to reciprocate.

Does it matter? Does it matter who started it first . Your hate for yorubas is something else. I hope u don't behave like that outside.
jaygetta:

I am appalled! If these posters are going to be leaders of the New Nations that make up the former Nigeria,then nothing will change, really! Its clear that some on here have no clue what they are advocating, are including sentiments in their arguments, or just want to rehash their phantom 'tribal superiority. Period! Some want to bring in previous ethnic sentiments, into what should be a future development plan. Or how do you explain Ochi-Agha's nonsensical analysis, Beaf's (oops, faeb's)rants, or (this one was a whooper) Onlytruth's statement that Edo will not go with the Yorubas, or that most of Edo is Christian?. . . Na who dem go come go with? The names Tunde Akogun, Adams Oshiomole, Dele Momodu,Seyi Olomu and co are from where? Take a wild guess. . . Then as per the Christianity issue. . . Edo state has a very high (if not slight majority) Muslim population. Murtala Ramat Mohammed was an Etsako man, u know? Tony Momoh was born Muslim (his first name is Suleiman). Kassim Afegbua, Mallam Yesufu Garuba, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Shuaibu Amodu are Etsako too. . . Why u think Shuaibu never left Fatkubu on the bench?! The Edos are just as diverse as the Yorubas in terms of religion (christian/moslem/animist), have learnt to live together in relative peace,plus they share a significant amount of culture and history with the Yorubas.A lot of public figures, and ordinary folks, u see today and think they are Yoruba are actually Edos. If the Edos run off with the Yorubas, what do u think the Itshekiris will do? To those still hoping that Nigeria will stay together, I say to you: "Dreams of Utopia feel good, but reality is better"! Nigeria will split, and I hope soon and this is what I see happening: There will not be bloodshed, at least not initially. Nobody will support the Hausas this time, so that Chapter is closed; they are on their own.I don't know how the eventual partition of Nigeria will end up, but I tell You, whoever gets the Ijaws as part of its share is in for a very long, rough and frightening ride!
jaygetta:

lovely post and that's the absolute truth!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2010
jaygetta:

all u said is right apart from the spiting part,,,,i do not support because i tell you there will be no utopia country

war after wars will happen
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by omongbati3: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2010
Aigbofa:

Yeah, yeah. Aguiyi Ironsi also got there by merit, after ibos wiped out almost all Hausa and Yoruba political leaders right?

Duh! Ironsi was the highest ranking Nigerian in the military before independence and after independence up to the coup. So who did you expect to take charge in a military regime? He merited it by virtue of his rank and position.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by aljharem11(m): 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2010
Nsiman:

Alj harem1, u have the brain of a cow! Imagine u insulting pple u don't know face 2 face. Imagine u mentioned beaf, edwin clerk. I advise u to direct your talk to the person on forum,  as a matter of fact this God forsaken country will split (let me borow 4rom your bros Atiku) by unadvoidable violence
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin oh i am a cow because i am saying the truth undecided

insisted of facing the issue of nigeria u think division will solve the problem undecided
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by ShangoThor(m): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2010
alj harem1:

there is no breaking up angry angry
for the northerners

i laugh at my arewa people,,,,the only reason for there unity is because of a common enemy christians mostly southerners,,,also this yoruba people are one of the reason also ,
@ bold, I would argue that this is precisely the reason why we have to split. Whereas I do not hate our Northern countrymen (because they are Africans), however, I hate what they stand for. The raison d'etre of the unity of Northern Nigeria is to subjugate their Southern countrymen and irrespective of how bitter or unsavoury this sounds it is the truth and it means that we as a nation have serious problems that cannot be swept under the carpet. When Northerners talk about being united inorder to face (subjugate ,  really) a common enemy then it is time to acknowledge that we have problems.

We inherited a country from the British Empire that dictated as part of the empires policy that we cannot export manufactured or refined products to the developed world, only raw materials or unrefined products.  That was/is the status quo and when you have one portion of the population that will do anything to retain the status quo at any cost, then the main opportunity cost will be our national development.

Imagine, they do not offer any intellectual leadership about how to steer our economy into a modern competitive economy, they just exist and unite behind the banner of not letting the southerners rule. Seriously, Southerners have to wake up and smell the coffee.

Regarding the squabbling between people of Southern Nigeria, the Western, Midwestern, SS, and SE regions as ‘geographical expressions’ to be considered as independent states is that they will arbitrarily include minority groups that might not be willing to be part of the country.  Moreover, Igbo people, realistically would not want to be confined to the borders of a country formed in the SE (and why should they), as this would be detrimental to their traits of involvement in economic activities, trade and commerce.

The best bet would be for the South to get together and discuss how to co-exist inorder to build a new nation from a stakeholders perspective.  
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 26, 2010
omongbati3:

Duh! Ironsi was the highest ranking Nigerian in the military before independence and after independence up to the coup. So whom did you expect to take charge in a military regime? He merited it by virtue of his rak and position.

The coup plotters must have thought about that as well. The only problem was they didn't realize anyone could see through their sham revolution.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20)

‘crude Oil Production May Hit 2.3mbpd In Two Weeks / Prince Ozo Okafor Supports Nnamdi Kanu At The ECOWAS Court. Photos / Buhari At Osun APC Governorship Rally 2018 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.