Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush (67884 Views)

Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph / Boko Haram Kills 25 Soldiers In Borno Ambush - The Cable / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers In Borno Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Akalia(m): 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2020
First, the Nigerian Army's command chain in charge of the war theatre is badly compromised. The insurgents probably got a tip off from the moles in the Army divulging classified information to them as regards the whereabouts of troops. This is rather unfortunate.

Second, I am yet to wrap my head around the fact that the Nigerian Air force seldom cover infantry troop from the air before, during, and after major offensives like this one. Could this be an apparent lack of mutual corporation between the Air force and the Army? It's an error.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by EmekaBlue(m): 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
seems nigeria soldiers are weak
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by dalass(f): 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
chozzy:
Buhari is badluck to
Nigeria

Baddest luck ever

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by APOSTLECHUMA: 2:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
BOKO-HARAM HAS GROWN AND HAS BECOME NIGERIA'S HAMAS AND HEZBOLLAH PUT TOGETHER AND NOW ARE THE NIGHTMARE OF NIGERIA SOLDIERS.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by redsun(m): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2020
When they keep letting loose the so-called repentant zombies that programmed from birth to die uselessly as if they are MEND fighters that agitate for basic human rights and opportunities.

Some of the displaced isis fighters from Syria,Iraq and Libya must have taken command of the zone by now.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
This is a disaster!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by supereagle(m): 2:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Davash222:
A truck loaded with 70 soldiers in a war zone

If this is true, then, Nigeria Army lack tactics and I don't see them winning this war with this amateur approach.
There must be a traitor operating from inside for BH.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Ojoji(m): 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2020
Buhari is so much concerned to free repentance terrorists than to win the war. What a fate? These terrorists will never be brought to book to account for the people they have killed, once they claim they are repented and their sins will be forgiven with many benefits whereas our gallant soldiers had gone forever without dignity.
I am very sure God Himself will visit our leaders with evils for allowing such calamities.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by friday2011(m): 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2020
Yenefer:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/insurgents-ambush-kill-at-least-70-soldiers-in-borno.html

Na wa, even boys scout will not move over 70 boys in one truck, me i am tired of hearing this boko haram news, if the north wants to end it, fine... If they dont, i dont give a f**k.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by deltateam: 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2020
Davash222:

If this is true, then, Nigeria Army lack tactics and I don't see them winning this war with this amateur approach.

Without reconnaissance or fighter drones yet billions of naira are being gulped monthly.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by simonfynboi(m): 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2020
Hmmm....u can imagine loosing such numbers in jus a day....

Kai Nigeria otiton.... cry

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Farki: 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2020
fatymore:
Who is this Yenefer

Possibly a paid propagandist or an escaped Yabaleft patient. Either way he or she rarely makes sense.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 24, 2020
The military needs to stage a coup in Nigeria,cause the corruption,nepotism,is enormous, and our gallant soldiers are just demoralised

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Ironi: 3:14pm On Mar 24, 2020
EmekaBlue:
seems nigeria soldiers are weak

That’s an understatement !

70 professional soldiers in a war zone ambushed by ragtag hungry miscreants and wiped out just like that?

You guys might as well make peace with BH and hand over the country to them, wtf !

Too much incompetence ..incompetence with too much yeye and big and loud mouths !

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by coldFLARES1(m): 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
hotwax:
embarassed
I remember some people telling us "one of the most important reason to vote for Buhari is because he is a military man. He will handle boko haram"

It wasnt this bad under Jonathan, a bloody civilian.

I have never seen a useless human being like Buhari...

Next time you see someone struggling to produce his WAEC result, you use your common sense and chase him away and not vote for him.
You see, pathetic as our case is, the president was largely helped into office by the mass of the illiterate North and the number of us who stayed indifferent when the political process was on.

I made the grave mistake of voting him in 2015 but was constrained not to participate in 2019 because of a defaced voters card.

To be honest, Buhari's type from the north would still be president if pitted against the best from the south if those illiterates religiously stick with him while we chose to boycott the process either for fear an unfair or incredible process.

As for this ambush, my heart goes out to the families of the fallen soldiers who would have to live with the loss, however, I am deeply saddened by the fact that the military authority would have us believe they don't know how many soldiers met the tragic fate because of fear of an outcry.

Such an unintelligent deployment of troops when they are well aware of the opponent's capabilities.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by paltielx: 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2020
Boko Haram now using rocket propell grenade??
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by AFONJACOW(m): 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
Is it not better for them to die by Convik one nine Birus than to be killed by these mad dogs God have mercy on us... The end is finally here, so my generation will see it ehya
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Glorymax: 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
Many have been told to leave the army, they refused. Now they have been sacrificed and leaving behind widows and children.

How can the army be moving such large contingent and there are no good intelligent cover leading to such ambush?
I disagree with this story. They should tell us what is happening o

If the military high command are sincere, they should resign. I don't even know what our national assembly is doing on this matter. Enough of this slaughtering of our young soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Villapark02: 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
Wonderful
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by deavicky(m): 3:16pm On Mar 24, 2020
Freddykrueger:
Wtf! With this corona virus epidermic ravaging the country and bokoharam insurgents on the other end. This calls for a state of emergency.
I have spoken to queen Elizer they will soon come and collect our independent.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Bless94(f): 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
Davash222:

Thats why i say they lack tactics before but they didnt hear
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Monjerk: 3:19pm On Mar 24, 2020
Boko Haram should show some mercy, even after COS to the lifeless is already Corona career, not even the lifeless is free of the virus, forget about the negative result.

How can can they killed a whole seven and zero soldiers in this sad period for the country.

Boko baby please have some pity for Nigeria, we know you are the winner in this war, we have already throw in the towel when we elected buhari a gain for second term, so please have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by dragunov: 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2020
Yenefer:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/insurgents-ambush-kill-at-least-70-soldiers-in-borno.html

They fought with RPGs? Where are these animals getting these weapons from? Where do they get money to buy these equipments? Who is supplying them? How can a bunch of riffraffs, vagabonds, be getting upper hand over a so-called professional body like the Nigerian Army?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
Akalia:
First, the Nigerian Army's command chain in charge of the war theatre is badly compromised. The insurgents probably got a tip off from the moles in the Army divulging classified information to them as regards the whereabouts of troops. This is rather unfortunate.

Second, I am yet to wrap my head around the fact that the Nigerian Air force seldom cover infantry troop from the air before, during, and after major offensives like this one. Could this be an apparent lack of mutual corporation between the Air force and the Army? It's an error.
We have no air Force.
They are massively under capacitated.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Yenefer(f): 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2020
dragunov:

They fought with RPGs? Where are these animals getting these weapons from? Where do they get money to buy these equipments? Who is supplying them? How can a bunch of riffraffs, vagabonds, be getting upper hand over a so-called professional body like the Nigerian Army?
u are asking questions that need confidential information. Let's pray for them and I hope u are practicing the NCDC guidelines Against Covid19
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2020
Jestin:
Coronavirus plus boko haram

=Dilemma
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by dragunov: 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2020
Ironi:

That’s an understatement !

70 professional soldiers in a war zone ambushed by ragtag hungry miscreants and wiped out just like that?

You guys might as well make peace with BH and hand over the country to them, wtf !

Too much incompetence ..incompetence with too much yeye and big and loud mouths !

In saner climes, Burantai and all the military chiefs would have been forcefully retired and held accountable.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Miner13: 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2020
Yenefer:
will neither confirm nor deny
you lack composite reasoning
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by dragunov: 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
Yenefer:
u are asking questions that need confidential information. Let's pray for them and I hope u are practicing the NCDC guidelines Against Covid19

Just what the hell is this one talking about. Are you OK? Don't ever quote me again in your life! Are you alright? Wonders shall never end. Is this person for real?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by bonnyhope: 3:34pm On Mar 24, 2020
Yenefer:
will neither confirm nor deny

Don't be scared

Say ur mind
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Asafaizonboy: 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2020
This is a strategy by Kyari and the so called presidency to finish the small change still remaining in our national Treasury.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo / How Thomas Obi Tawo 'General Iron' Was Killed (Graphic Pictures) / Hoodlums Steal Obafemi Awolowo’s Glasses From Statue As Looting Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.