Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush (67880 Views)

Commanding Officer, 14 Soldiers Killed In Borno Ambush Attack – New Telegraph / Boko Haram Kills 25 Soldiers In Borno Ambush - The Cable / Boko Haram Kills 5 Soldiers In Borno Ambush (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Xcex: 8:54pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nigerian army is a mockery ....infact Nigeria security architecture is child's play, from airforce killing army, army joking police and bokoharam killing army in their tens and hundreds. This is what you get when mideocrity turples merit. Aboki at the helm of affairs..smh

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Antichristus: 9:05pm On Mar 24, 2020
Buhari, the C-in-C of Boko Haram, probably tipped his insurgents off, culminating in the waste of these precious life. If only these boys take heed of Bishop Kuka’s counsel that Nigeria is not worth sacrificing your life for.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Samamerc(f): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2020
JAWBONE:

Good heavens!! Something like this happened in this country and it did not make the news?

How can there be a lack of communication between Army and Air Force to the extent that the Air Force would kill one of their own?
This country is just running on borrowed time. I have never heard of this kind of unprofessionalism anywhere in the world
U will never see the news reporting about all the insurgency happening in Niger state.
And as for the airforce I don't know if it due to unprofessionalism or they did it intentionally cos I believe the scanned from air before firing.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by mcquin(m): 9:27pm On Mar 24, 2020
hotwax:

, especially as we have even more security issues under his regime now

So you rendered all your arguments about Jonathan invalid by your last statement.

Thank you.
No mind that one. If nothing, Jonathan never granted repented Boko Haram terrorist amnesty. That is too demoralising.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by bizzibodi(m): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2020
Why wuld 70 foolish soldiers travel in one lorry?what happens to them traveling in landrovers of 7men with 4km apart.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Boyooosa(m): 9:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
I wonder what will be Nigerians reaction should US/UN declres nigeria State of Emergency....
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Adau123(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nigeria army lack many tactis in fighting the insurgent,how can 70 soldiers boarded one truck in such a war zone,we are finished.The army had sold they birth right to BH,Nigerian army no no no
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Alwaysachick: 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
If you hear this news reported on NTA, you will weep for this country. Govt of liars!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by mixratio(m): 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2020
Iyiataata92:
Government should stop wasting our money and soldiers in the fight against boko haram. Just get somebody with coronavirus to infiltrate the gang and watch wonders happen.
me I hate nonsense
j

That's true.....
They can use weapons a bait.
They just have to "publicize" a fake movement of weapons and supplies from one place to the other, preferable a route that the hoodlums are most likely to use.
They can insert chips in the weapons as well as used military uniforms that have been used to rub Corona virus patients or some some stuff like that sha
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Ramsak1: 10:04pm On Mar 24, 2020
Because u sound like it
Nairalandmonika:

And who told u I derived joy in buhari's failure, look I was once a supporter of buhari but now I know better.
So please swerve.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by CNiro: 10:24pm On Mar 24, 2020
How can they put all their egg in one basket...more 70 of them in a truck loaded with RPG...
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Yusman316(m): 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
Bekool:

Obviously a sabotage from inside the military those so called repentant bokoharam fighters recruited into the army might have licked out info about the movements of the nigerian soildiers.
Are u the one that recruited them into the army? Rubbish!!!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by londayo: 11:05pm On Mar 24, 2020
Nvc078:
Time to join the Nigerian army
God will see you through. Receive the speed of light to reach the war front.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by frog12: 11:06pm On Mar 24, 2020
bad news. they were all asleep !!!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 24, 2020
Iyiataata92:

How about you check the meaning of 'convoy' before commenting again?

Convoy or not, those glorified boy scouts (Nigerian Army) are still stuck in the 16th century and know absolutely nothing about modern warfare. The sorry ass cowards only know how to brutalize and kill unarmed civilians.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 24, 2020
Xcex:
Nigerian army is a mockery ....infact Nigeria security architecture is child's play, from airforce killing army, army joking police and bokoharam killing army in their tens and hundreds. This is what you get when mideocrity turples merit. Aboki at the helm of affairs..smh

They should just swallow their pride and beg the US army to help restructure this group of boy scouts parading themselves as soldiers. The Nigerian armed forces is currently a very big joke.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 25, 2020
vinceobe:
How can a convoy of army move without air surveillance support by the air force? Hope this is another case of sabotage? Oh my God our gallant young solders gone again. May their souls rest in perfect peace.

The problem is the obsolete structure of the Nigerian armed forces. The army should have their own pilots like it is in the United States where they have navy and marine pilots besides the US airforce.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Nobody: 12:10am On Mar 25, 2020
Powersurge:

No matter how you look at this, it's a bad tactics from the millitary. It sounds absurd. 70 soldiers died without putting up a fight? 70 highly trained mercenaries could overrun Bokoharam stronghold.

I was watching a video on YouTube the other day, our soldiers jumped into an abandoned truck left by Bokoharam and started shooting in the air and shouting. I asked myself, if this vehicle was wired with explosives, this would have been how these fellows would have been roasted like turkey. No forward team, no scout, nothing. Loaded 70 men into a truck in a war turn zone. Imagine if they had landed on a landmine?

The nigeria military is a big joke.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by DedeNkem: 12:43am On Mar 25, 2020
Nigerian military is one of the most incompetent and corrupt in the world! Boko Haram is slaughtering them like chickens due to poor training and massive mismanagement of their own funds!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by sindan: 1:04am On Mar 25, 2020
chozzy:
Buhari is badluck to
Nigeria

No doubt my dear, no doubt.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Caseless: 2:54am On Mar 25, 2020
Davash222:
A truck loaded with 70 soldiers in a war zone

If this is true, then, Nigeria Army lack tactics and I don't see them winning this war with this amateur approach.
that's why I doubt this story. 70 personnel can't be on any truck in a war zone. They can't be that stupid.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by cool318(m): 6:50am On Mar 25, 2020
Caseless:
that's why I doubt this story. 70 personnel can't be on any truck in a war zone. They can't be that stupid.
But that's the reality, it is a confirmed news. They were packed like sardines to Die.
It happens when ethnicity and greed overtakes professionalism.
We have indigenous APC & MRAP manufacturers, ( Innosson and Proforce) no, they won't be patriotic as to patronize them, you only see them parading the MRAPS on television, but it's not seen any where in the war fronts.
Until there is Sanity in the NA, Airforce , I can only pity the unfortunate pawns(soldiers), who are recruited and trained for only 2 months and sent to fight those Federal Govt is feeding fat and granting ammnesty .

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by muyi12345: 7:03am On Mar 25, 2020
Jestin:
Coronavirus plus boko haram

= Bad Government
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by imanray37(m): 8:47am On Mar 25, 2020
Iyiataata92:

How about you check the meaning of 'convoy' before commenting again?
a drone a Chopper is. Supposedly to accompany a convoy this cannot happen to a modern military formation only a corrupt one the least a well trained convoy will take from insurgents is roadside bombs and mines which a high flying drone could interception with infrared device's the Nigeria army is the most organized boys scouts the world over.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Trybes(m): 10:16am On Mar 25, 2020
Lord have mercy. A whole 70 soldiers it's human being we are talking about here. Why not use several trucks instead of all in one truck.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by uwemconcept: 11:43am On Mar 25, 2020
I Think the right thing to do is to provide air cover for the land soldiers when they are moving to a new location. Not just let them go alone. Definitely there will be ambush.

Contact me if you want to buy or rent a house or land.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by ludd2018: 11:51am On Mar 25, 2020
donbachi:
No hope lost...we are marching 4ward.

Stupid man .Gov is sponsoring the killing of Nigerian soldiers from the southern Nigeria
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by orisa37: 1:05pm On Mar 25, 2020
And Buraitai is Releasing and Retraining Bokoharams for Ruga, Islamisation Fulanisation and Anarchy. RIFA IS BUHARINOMICS and PRESIDENCY.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Ayobami7(m): 2:53pm On Mar 25, 2020
无聊的
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Bridget95(f): 3:16pm On Mar 25, 2020
The UNN should call for a seize fire between boko haram and NA.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Borno Ambush by Manufor(m): 5:11am On Mar 26, 2020
Davash222:
A truck loaded with 70 soldiers in a war zone

If this is true, then, Nigeria Army lack tactics and I don't see them winning this war with this amateur approach.

I lost a close friend on that truck, so it's really true

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Buhari Celebrates His Re-election And How The Poor Celebrates Him (photos) / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo / How Thomas Obi Tawo 'General Iron' Was Killed (Graphic Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.