Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,836 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26485 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 11:01am On Dec 31, 2010
Ma_J_Blige:

LOL.
Look at the thinking of a human being. Sad.

you are so obtuse it ain't true. i am guessing your iq is lower than your shoe-size with the quality of your posts. you have backed down from the cost of galleria to houses in the uk. i can imagine an indolent homo-sapien like you going to galleria to admire the building and not caring about the quality of the products/services you get there. is it the building you are buying? what a louse! grin

I am thinking this one is not a Nigerian. or a "black british". or a JJC in the UK. You assume we havent stepped to where you are, gotten tired and left? Is it because you still have a cleaning job? LOL. For your information, I have houses and none of those things have ever happened, silly boy. Loud mouth for nothing. People who talk like you end up regretting their life.

of course, you have stepped up from burning candles/lantern in the night to rechargeable lamps. that is stepping up in your own deluded world. ghana(a neighbouring country) have celebrated 5 yrs of uninterrupted power supply and miss blige here has stepped up from kerosene lantern to rechargeable lamps. some countries do have em! cheesy

The houses you pay 200,000 pounds and more for in the UK,  - 50 million naira - how can you compare them to the same property that 50million naira will build you in Nigeria where your family can inherit same? So, you want to buy houses in the UK where none of your family will ever inherit it when you are gone? LOL.

haha so inheritance is your biggest issue. well, your thinking is still flawed. the onus is having a sterling quality of life not inheritance. according to united nations, you are not expected to live more than 47 yrs in nigeria so what has inheritance gotta do with it? build a house in nigeria and live there? the same country that killed that prominent ngerian rapper(da grin) at the age of 23 or was it 27? you are having a laugh!

As per living overtime- dont worry about that. You are trying to be God, but the devil your master is behind you, hoping to hack you down before the end of this year.

i did not compile the statistics. the united nations did and it's obvious they are telling the truth. everything in the country is upside down. robbers, cops, diseases, mosquitoes, pollution, no quality health care, bad roads, auto-accidents, religious clashes, corrupt government, etc. how won't people die early in that zone? you better hurry up before you end up in the belly of the beast. you are living on borrowed time as we speak. make hay while the sun blazes otherwise. . . . . .
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by MOBO444(f): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2010
@ Cou_gar and so called Mary J Blige, both of you are just nothing but cheap animals, I bet you have both never left Nigeria for any other country, the Internet have given you dogs freedom to roam and construct.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2010
MOBO444:

@ Cou_gar and so called Mary J Blige, both of you are just nothing but cheap animals, I bet you have both never left Nigeria for any other country, the Internet have given you dogs freedom to roam and construct.

another tool walks in without any iota of wisdom in his empty head. just because your location reads england doesn't make it the truth. a tool like you could be posting from ojuelegba north local government. because you were lucky to be handed a students visa to come do your masters is the reason you have the effrontery to open your mouth unguarded. you are a disgrace to your entire community.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by MAURI: 11:11am On Dec 31, 2010
What a useless thread. If you want to move over, MOVE! Who phucking cares how much you earn or want to??!!
GBAM!!

The topic of the thread is about moving home, and it's been ranting on about 2m Naira a month salary. It's def good to rub minds on issues, at the end of the day your evaluation and decision making skills/knowledge will be final and decisive. If you think you deserve a 2M Naira monthly salary, your efforts should be geared towards convincing your future employer what your added values will be to his/her company to deserve it.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2010
cou-gar:

another tool walks in without any iota of wisdom in his empty head. just because your location reads england doesn't make it the truth. a tool like you could be posting from ojuelegba north local government. because you were lucky to be handed a students visa to come do your masters is the reason you have the effrontery to open your mouth unguarded. you are a disgrace to your entire community.

Are you serious?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spikedcylinder: 11:23am On Dec 31, 2010
Do you earn 2m a month in the UK? If yes, sit your behind there.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 11:25am On Dec 31, 2010
spikedcylinder:

Do you earn 2m a month in the UK? If yes, sit your behind there.

What a senseless post!

Cougar, what say you?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 11:30am On Dec 31, 2010
lagbaja20:

Are you serious?

never been more serious. that tool got into the uk this year to do his masters in one obscure village in england and yet he won't stop flapping his lips.
empty barrels make the loudest fart.

lagbaja20:

What a senseless post!

Cougar, what say you?

home is where you make it. i cannot categorically tell anyone to stay or move out of nigeria. i can only speak for myself.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 11:32am On Dec 31, 2010
cou-gar:

never been more serious. that tool got into the uk this year to do his masters in one obscure village in england and yet he won't stop flapping his lips.
empty barrels make the loudest fart.

home is where you make it. i cannot categorically tell anyone to stay or move out of nigeria. i can only speak for myself.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are my hero

Dont back down to these goons, ok?

I will be watching!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 31, 2010
riyageh:

I have to say i am in stitches after reading every post on this topic. I will attempt to give my opinion to the OP without (hopefully) stepping on the toes of the overly westernized and sensitive individuals we have on this forum.

Income of 2 million naira monthly, gross or net income? Unfortunately the OP has not given enough information about his professional background beyond IT professional to determine if his professional experience can actually be valued at that amount. IT professional is too vague. After a quick Google search i found that in NYC an IT Auditor I earns an average of $63,277 + bonus; IT Auditor II earns an average of $82,435 + bonus; IT Auditor manager averages $138,164 + bonus; IT Director averages $213,404 + bonus annually. Even when i take a Director's annual income it still comes out to be less than 1 million naira monthly. Again these figures are average, there are exceptions based on many other factors and a person's bargaining power but to think for one moment that $13,050.57 (=N=2,000,000/mnth) passes as the norm is beyond ridiculous. A quick search on craigslist reveals a wide range in compensation for IT professionals from $40,000 to $120,000. Nothing over the top, none of which translate to that much money monthly, so why come up with such unrealistic figures?

Consciously or unconsciously, Nigerians propagate the notion that everyone earns a living wage out here, that is not necessarily true. Too many people work 3 or 4 jobs to make ends meet. With federal minimum wage set at $7.25/hr, the reality is that living wages do not exist in many professions. I am a nurse and remember while in university, i and other colleagues would meet other immigrant nurses who would say things like "i make more than doctors" what they failed to reveal was that they worked three jobs (120 hr/wk) to make that money as opposed to a 40 hr/wk. Again the OP leaves out important information about his professional level in the IT world. Experience is fine, but where exactly do you have said experience? If all your experience lies in programming or data entry, and none in management, developing, or running departments or businesses, do you honestly expect an entrepreneur to entrust his business to you and pay that much money? I wouldn't, would you?

"Working with large blue chip companies in the UK" does nothing to validate your feeling that you should make that much money, you may be a programmer or data entry clerk in one of the many cubicles. That does not make a person exceptional. To sell your value, you need to show what makes you exceptional, what you can contribute, and how your contribution will profit the company.

"But, I want like for like, before tax." In order to get this, then the two environments must be comparable. There is a stark difference between UK work environment and Nigeria work environment. Short of a company recruiting you to move to Nigeria, why should they compensate you for said inconveniences? You are making this decision consciously right? "Also I am not one to be too particular on comforts, security though is a must." If this is true, why the need to be compensated for the absence of said comforts? My point is this, you are obviously aware of the Nigerian environment, yet you set unrealistic goals. Are you truly ready to relocate to Nigeria, or are you trying to find a reason not to relocate? If you really are ready, do your research, find out what the pay scale is in your profession in NIGERIA , not based on what you earn right now in a country with established labor laws.

What utter rubbish.

There are IT Telecom Jobs in the UK that pay between £55k to £70k for senior engineering/project positions before tax , and these are permanent positions  not contracting.

When you add the benefits, plus salary and bonuses , can you imagine how much it all translates to in Naira. undecided

Moreover the OP might be returning as a Nigerian Expat with dual nationality,  and so will demand a higher wage based on the conveniences of life.

Who in his right mind will return 'home' without adequate accommodation, security and water. Madness if they do.

As   cou-gar rightly said, the security in Nigeria is in shambles, there is absolutely none, except of course you can pay for personal protection.

And what about school fees if the OP is married for instance ? In the UK it is free, in Nigeria it costs millions of Naira a year. Should this not be taken into account ? undecided

Summary is this, do not expect a Nigerian expat who earns lets say £30,000 a year in the UK to ask for the same in Nigeria, he MUST obviously ask for more because the risks, stress and inconveniences are just too many.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2010
Sick and tired of poor, hungry, ill qualified, deluded, jobless and half backed Nigerians with fake Toronto degrees looking for baseless excuses to justify their inability to fit into the Nigerian system hence their continued attempt at relevance through rants and intimidations, will you all go back to serving hamburgers at Mc donalds and quit making a foool of yourselfs?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by hitmanogo: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
perhaps you should ask urself wat u want to do when/if u come to naija, not many people make 2mils a month in a country with over half below povert line, mind u the nos of household in washington dc that makes 200,000 dollars per annum is a paltry 6%, that is in god's own country compared to a country like naija,
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by blacksta(m): 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
Page 11

U don relocate yet.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2010
frosbel:

What utter rubbish.

There are IT Telecom Jobs in the UK that pay between £55k to £70k for senior engineering/project positions before tax , and these are permanent positions  not contracting.

When you add the benefits, plus salary and bonuses , can you imagine how much it all translates to in Naira. undecided

Moreover the OP might be returning as a Nigerian Expat with dual nationality,  and so will demand a higher wage based on the conveniences of life.

Who in his right mind will return 'home' without adequate accommodation, security and water. Madness if they do.

As   cou-gar rightly said, the security in Nigeria is in shambles, there is absolutely none, except of course you can pay for personal protection.

And what about school fees if the OP is married for instance ? In the UK it is free, in Nigeria it costs millions of Naira a year. Should this not be taken into account ? undecided

Summary is this, do not expect a Nigerian expat who earns lets say £30,000 a year in the UK to ask for the same in Nigeria, he MUST obviously ask for more because the risks, stress and inconveniences are just too many.

How come its the scammers, pro.sti.tutes and drug peddlers that come home with the money? These jobs/guys you described only exist for some nationalities, and Nigerians there wash their cars and mwe the lawns for 7.25 dollars /hr and log on nairaland to get that important 'feel good' effect neccessary to keep them off suicide.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by marvel10: 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2010
Madam Blige, take it easy, The issue was about relocating. Cleaning, Security work etc is circa (late 80s to mid 90s) Eastern Europeans took over a few years ago from Eastern and Central Africans who passed the baton to Brazillians. Get with the programme. Nigerians moved into the financial sector in droves as mortgage and loan brokers about 11 years ago and made huge profits. What about immigration law? Nigerian restaurants, events managers, club owners, property developers, church nko? money transfer/foreign exchange agents, I don't know a single cleaner!

I am a trader and can't sell my products at the same 'giveaway' prices mainly due to costs i incur exporting to Nigeria. My Iranian friend laughs at the costs compared to hers. Everything in her container or box reaches its destination. The Ports in Lagos houses more thieves per sq inch and I doubt anything is being done about it. Security is a huge issue and if I only receive 3/4 of what I sent, who will meet the costs? Think about it. That is before adding the overheads. So, yes, whoever compared certain brands of shampoos that cost £1 in the Poundshop, to those that costs £4.29 in Boots nationwide, to those that costs at least 3k in Nigeria is current with the trends.

Cougar was stating a fact! I will not sell anything in the Palms for love nor money because, my clients will suffer for it.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2010
blacksta:

Page 11

U don relocate yet.

Even at page 111, the guy wont relocate, this thread is not about relocating, its about some people who thinks they can gain some brownie points just because they just started feeding themselves properly, boasting to the world how much they think they are worth! We dont need them relocating either, with that kind of attitude, they will probably be peeping from a kidnappers outpost before long.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 31, 2010
invisible!:

Even at page 111, the guy wont relocate, this thread is not about relocating, its about some people who thinks they can gain some brownie points just because they just started feeding themselves properly, boasting to the world how much they think they are worth! We dont need them relocating either, with that kind of attitude, they will probably be peeping from a kidnappers outpost before long.

Lol, You must be angry with something or maybe yourself. grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by candylips(m): 1:53pm On Dec 31, 2010
hmm
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by MaJBlige(f): 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2010
Somebody says he doesnt know a single Nigerian who cleans but he knows the ones in IT, real estate, money laundering etc.

The ones who hang about in Peckham, looking for who to rob, who are they? what kind of job do they do? are these the ones who want to come home and earn 2m per month?

OK o. Tell us what we already know. No matter how you paint it, we all see the truth every where. Uncle.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by 68816419: 2:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
Nigerians are  really cowards, demn!!! u all Unpatriotic so called "Nigerians", still wondering why 4 God sake every 9ja person wants every thing to be provided easily, we shouldnt forget tht nigeria is not USA,UK, or even FRANCE, so,we should never expect any kind of comperism in any form,
 why dont u try searching 4 jobs in Ukrain,Poland,Turkey,Cyprus,Bulgeria,Romania, and c if  u would get up to 1200 thousands dolls  mnthly.
cry
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by marvel10: 2:45pm On Dec 31, 2010
Blige, I don't live in Peckham, mix with ppl who rob others for a living. You really need to get some help for your trust and anger issues. You read like an angry, embittered person. I visited Peckham a few months ago after about 10 years. I do not have friends who live there nor aspire to live there. In Nigeria, I don't know anybody who lives in Ajegunle nor aspires to live there. Does that mean I am a millionaire? No! That said, I am aware that Ajegunle is responsible for a high percentage of talent in the Nigerian media, music and creative industries. Try and be happy. Life is not that bad.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by 68816419: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2010
ummm embarassed, why are nigerians @ disporal "bold-faced liar", the truth is tht, if any nigerians makes in aborad it boils down to to these reason
first, drugs.
second,yahoo .
third,scam,
lastly,animalistic living (5-6 pple sharing 2bed room flats,eating twince aday,).
men! we should stop all dis lies and say truth to de pple bck home,not telling truth makes it hard 4 pple to understand tht abroad is not "bed of roses"
plz 9ja men, make we de patriotic cause "A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle"
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2010
marvel10:

Blige, I don't live in Peckham, mix with ppl who rob others for a living. You really need to get some help for your trust and anger issues. You read like an angry, embittered person. I visited Peckham a few months ago after about 10 years. I do not have friends who live there nor aspire to live there. In Nigeria, I don't know anybody who lives in Ajegunle nor aspires to live there. Does that mean I am a millionaire? No! That said, I am aware that Ajegunle is responsible for a high percentage of talent in the Nigerian media, music and creative industries. Try and be happy. Life is not that bad.

So, just because you live abroad, other person's points are sad, bitter and sour? This is your life, FYI, the OP is the one asking to come back and not the other way round. Cant you
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2010
fuckmedown:

ummm embarassed, why are nigerians @ disporal "bold-faced liar", the truth is tht, if any nigerians makes in aborad it boils down to to these reason
first, drugs.
second,yahoo .
third,scam,
lastly,animalistic living (5-6 pple sharing 2bed room flats,eating twince aday,).
men! we should stop all dis lies and say truth to de pple bck home,not telling truth makes it hard 4 pple to understand tht abroad is not "bed of roses"
plz 9ja men, make we de patriotic cause "A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle"

this has to be the most brilliant, the most well researched and the most articulate piece i have ever read on a public forum. if you continue like this, you would win a nobel prize within the next 2 years. cheesy
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by johndoe200: 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2010
This thread is sooooooooooooooooooo boring!!!!
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by bidemi12(m): 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2010
fuckmedown:

[b]ummm embarassed, why are nigerians @ disporal "bold-faced liar", the truth is tht, if any nigerians makes in aborad it boils down to to these reason
first, drugs.
second,yahoo .
third,scam,

[/b]

Holy crap!!! I swear I did not know this. Can you imagine, I have been slaving away all these years for nothing. I’d better hang my SGT stripes and begin a new life. Yahoo, you said right? Thanks so much.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by DisGuy: 3:20pm On Dec 31, 2010
Another McDonalds employee just relocated back home- burger flipping was his expertise
why didn't he start his own business instead of 'stealing' local job from us?

Oscar Onyema, the Chief Administrative Officer of the American Stock Exchange (AMEX), will become the substantive managing director/chief executive officer of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), BusinessDay can disclose today. Onyeama beat two others - Yvonne Ike, a former staff of JP Morgan in the United States and  Bola Onadele, the CEO of Datanet Limited - following a rigorous selection process.

Oscar Onyema – Profile
Board:Senior Management
Job Title:Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer

Mr. Onyema is Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer of the American Stock Exchange. Mr. Onyema joined the Amex in January 2001, and has served in various positions, most recently as Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer. Before joining the Amex, Mr. Onyema worked at the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) as Senior Analyst, Business Planning and Development. He also worked at DPMS (IBM Business Partner) as a Marketing Executive marketing IBM mid-range systems. Mr. Onyema received an MBA in Finance and Investments from Baruch College in New York City. He served as an adjunct lecturer at the Economics Department of Pace University for five years, and is a frequent public speaker on market structure and market data issues
Proshare NG

Same with the other cleaner Mustapha Chike-Obi, why cant these cleaners stay abroad
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by spikedcylinder: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2010
bidemi12:

[b][/b]

Holy crap!!! I swear I did not know this. Can you imagine, I have been slaving away all these years for nothing. I’d better hang my SGT stripes and begin a new life. Yahoo, you said right? Thanks so much.

Lwsmd!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2010
bidemi12:

[b][/b]

You mean you have been slaving all these years doing drug peddling and will now upgrade to yahoo yahoo? From crime to crime.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by 68816419: 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2010
cou-gar,
i bow 4  u ohhh, but tht is truth, i swwear with de last breath on my chest, i have nver felt diponted till de day i saw de  ways our 9ja men and women lives arrnd de world, hommie, most 9ja in greece lives under asylum seekers,turkey-drugs-uk,men-scams,women ashawo,italy same as uk,eastern europeans , nothing, just trying to c if dey go fit marry white mammy and get de pali, guy eno easy, no be only 9ja pple de dis forum, i been no wan open our yarnsh but i had to, safe .
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
fuckmedown:

cou-gar,
i bow 4  u ohhh, but tht is truth, i swwear with de last breath on my chest, i have nver felt diponted till de day i saw de  ways our 9ja men and women lives arrnd de world, hommie, most 9ja in greece lives under asylum seekers,turkey-drugs-uk,men-scams,women ashawo,italy same as uk,eastern europeans , nothing, just trying to c if dey go fit marry white mammy and get de pali, guy eno easy, no be only 9ja pple de dis forum, i been no wan open our yarnsh but i had to, safe .

this is epic! grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by debosky(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
^^ better go look for your own 'mammy' to marry. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (21) (Reply)

Wike Sacks Chairman, Members Of Local Government Commission / Count Me Out Of Arms Deal Scandal — Saraki / Wike Making Moves To Join APC Through Backdoor – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.