Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? (26454 Views)

Niger Delta Oil Spills Clean-up Will Take 30 Years, Says UN - Guardian UK (2011) / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2010
Dis Guy:

Another McDonalds employee just relocated back home- burger flipping was his expertise
why didn't he start his own business instead of 'stealing' local job from us?

Proshare NG

Same with the other cleaner Mustapha Chike-Obi, why cant these cleaners stay abroad

Thanks for exposing their nyansh.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by cougar1: 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2010
debosky:

^^ better go look for your own 'mammy' to marry. grin

i swear, the boy is killing me with his ignorance.  grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by bidemi12(m): 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2010
fuckmedown:

cou-gar,
i bow 4  u ohhh, but tht is truth, i swwear with de last breath on my chest, i have nver felt diponted till de day i saw de  ways our 9ja men and women lives arrnd de world, hommie, most 9ja in greece lives under asylum seekers,turkey-drugs-uk,men-scams,women ashawo,italy same as uk,eastern europeans , nothing, just trying to c if dey go fit marry white mammy and get de pali, guy eno easy, no be only 9ja pple de dis forum, i been no wan open our yarnsh but i had to, safe .

Another revelation!!! Today seems to be filled with them. My eyes are open at last. FINALY i'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2010
johndoe200:

This thread is sooooooooooooooooooo boring!!!!
na lie oooooooooooo
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
Thanks to all and sundry for the invaluable advice given.

For all those Mumus who think that we are all abroad washing dishes or cleaning streets, it actually strikes me as backward thinking because there is dignity of labour in the UK.

This is one of the experiences I hope to bring back home. Be proud of whatever you find yourself doing , and do it well with integrity and honour. This is how genuine employees get promoted to higher positions.

Obviously the likes of invisible would rather be employed in yahoo activities rather than earning a proper income. Sad to say the least.

As for me, I refuse to go into details, but I am confident that Nigeria is the place for me in the interim. If perhaps the elections go well, then there is no doubt that I will be relocating on a permanent basis with family.

I have spent my time here in the UK, gained good qualifications but most importantly acquired a vast amount of experience, primarily on soft skills and work ethic that I know will be an invaluable asset to contribute my own quota while at the same time making a little more $$$$$$  grin

By the way I mean it when I say the greedy are never satisfied , lol. smiley
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by kildran: 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2010
@Noncorupt
I agree slightly with some of yr views, The UK is not that bad, if u had a bad experience(That's y luck). However don't kid yrsef abt earning 2million dollars a month ( Even people who are headhunted don't get that much). There are opportunities in Nigeria, that someone with yr exposure and education can spot (Though I would me remiss if I fail to tell you that business and way of life in Nigeria mite b a little different at first). But if u hav got something good to offer u wuld get over it.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by oderemo(m): 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2010
If perhaps the elections go well, then there is no doubt that I will be relocating on a permanent basis with family.
@mr non corrupt, can u xplain the above pls.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2010
I agree slightly with some of yr views, The UK is not that bad, if u had a bad experience(That's y luck).

I did not have a bad experience. I do have a job , however it has occurred to me that this is the right time to move back to my home country.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by saokea(m): 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
I am currently based in the UK, earning roughly above £6k after tax deductions. I left 9ja about 3 years ago and I am seriously missing my country.
I am afraid that getting a 1m monthly naira job as a medic is practically impossible. It is either I stay here in the UK or decide to go into a completely different business in Nigeria. However, I quite agree that if one is planing to relocate back home, one will need to have his or her own house and a good business plan in place.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2010
ode remo:

@mr non corrupt, can u xplain the above pls.

If there is any sign of violence after the elections I will vanish into thin air ,  grin
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by lagbaja20: 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2010
notcorrupt:

If there is any sign of violence after the elections I will vanish into thin air ,  grin

I can get you a good 'Odeshi' for 2 million naira

A one month's salary . . . deal?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by smallboy2(m): 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2010
Come back and help build your Home
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2010
lagbaja20:

I can get you a good 'Odeshi' for 2 million naira

A one month's salary  .  .   . deal?

whatever  tongue
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by silentc(m): 6:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
This thread is full of stereotypes!

1. People who live and work abroad are suffering and doing menial jobs
2. People in Nigeria arent doing great live in poor conditions

Both stereotypes arent true.

Many Nigerians abroad are not living poor or doing menial jobs to survive. Many are professionals who are at the top of their game (financially and career wise).

Also many Nigerians who live in Nigeria are living an amazing life and advancing their careers or starting up innovative businesses. They live comfortable lives and enjoy all the luxuries life has to offer.

Please let us stop perpetuating stereotypes of the 2 scenarios. No one is better than the other. Just different people making positive progress in their lives in different parts of the world.

If the OP wants to relocate home, he should understand the market back home and assess how much his peers and what the market will pay in Nigeria.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Princek12(m): 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2010
silentc:

This thread is full of stereotypes!

1. [b]People who live and work abroad a[/b]re suffering and doing menial jobs
2. People in Nigeria arent doing great live in poor conditions

Both stereotypes arent true.

Many Nigerians abroad are not living poor or doing menial jobs to survive. Many are professionals who are at the top of their game (financially and career wise).

Also many Nigerians who live in Nigeria are living an amazing life and advancing their careers or starting up innovative businesses. They live comfortable lives and enjoy all the luxuries life has to offer.

Please let us stop perpetuating stereotypes of the 2 scenarios. No one is better than the other. Just different people making positive progress in their lives in different parts of the world.

If the OP wants to relocate home, he should understand the market back home and assess how much his peers and what the market will pay in Nigeria.

My experience is that more Nigerians in the U.K. do more menial jobs than Nigerians in the U.S., a country that is more immigrant friendly. U.K. is the menial jobs destination for Nigerians, for U.K. visas are easier to get than U.S. visas, and there are more opportunities in the U.S. The business environment in the U.S. is also more favorable, and anecdotal evidence suggests that there are more successful Nigerians in the U.S. (percentage wise) than the U.K. and other European countries.

So a lot of these Nigerians at home try to make themselves feel better by erroneously assuming that Nigerians abroad are not successful. Keep dreaming.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Shagari2(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2010
[/quote][quote author=Princek12 link=topic=576207.msg7440797#msg7440797 date=1293817009]
My experience is that more Nigerians in the U.K. do more menial jobs

thats the point exactly 'ur experience' I've lived in UK for 15yrs, don't know anyone with a menial job, have family here, none have menial jobs, have friends here, non have menial jobs, when we 1st came it was different, we all had menial jobs! but as u progress through life things change so as u rightly said it's all about who u know and what pt in their life u know them. wink
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by silentc(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2010
Well prince, let me put it this way since i am "in a dream".

I come across Nigerians who do well and those who dont in the UK. There isnt a bias to any direction.

They say birds of the same feather flock together. Maybe you need to review the people you hang out with or the areas you move around. If you dont know anyone in the UK who is doing well, then please you need to review your situation as you are moving with the wrong crowd.

My post highlighted 2 sides of a situation and you choose to only focus on a single line? It means you have some personal issues you are battling with. Maybe you feel inferior and oppressed?

Maybe you arent a Nigerian at home who is doing well. I have friends who live in Nigeria and have a wonderful lifestyle and can afford all luxuries people who live in the UK can afford or have access to. These guys dont have a complex like you seem to have.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2010
silentc:

Well prince, let me put it this way since i am "in a dream".

I come across Nigerians who do well and those who dont in the UK. There isnt a bias to any direction.

They say birds of the same feather flock together. Maybe you need to review the people you hang out with or the areas you move around. If you dont know anyone in the UK who is doing well, then please you need to review your situation as you are moving with the wrong crowd.

My post highlighted 2 sides of a situation and you choose to only focus on a single line? It means you have some personal issues you are battling with. Maybe you feel inferior and oppressed?

Maybe you arent a Nigerian at home who is doing well. I have friends who live in Nigeria and have a wonderful lifestyle and can afford all luxuries people who live in the UK can afford or have access to. These guys dont have a complex like you seem to have.

Abeg help me tell am, someone who has been flipping burgers at McDonalds suddenly wants to relocate home, instead of asking us for a wheel barrow to push, or an Okada to ride, he is here dreaming of N2m monthly salary. Na beans?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2010
Shagari2:

thats the point exactly 'your experience' I've lived in UK for 15yrs, don't know anyone with a menial job, have family here, none have menial jobs, have friends here, non have menial jobs, when we 1st came it was different, we all had menial jobs! but as u progress through life things change so as u rightly said it's all about who u know and what pt in their life u know them. wink

This is a top contender for the 'lie of the year' award.
Go on, tell us that no Nigerian has ever done any menial jobs, you dont know anyone who does? Yeah, I hear that top CEOs stand around Heathrow waiting for Nigerians arriving to recruit and give them immediate appointments into management positions.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Shagari2(m): 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2010
@ invisible, did u actually read my reply or the 1st few words of it? ok o, we are all flipping burgers here o, happy?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 7:19pm On Dec 31, 2010
notcorrupt:

The same way you ran away before? Soon we insert 'escapist' as your middle name. My grand parents stood and defended this land am standing upon, they fought off invaders from all corners and built a prosperous future for us, we shall stay here and carry on the fight against corruption, violence, tribalism, rigging and lastly intimidation by internet featherweights who think we should hop around on one leg because they have made a small money, the type of amounts we dash friends.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by invisible2(m): 7:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
notcorrupt:

Thanks to all and sundry for the invaluable advice given.

For all those Mumus who think that we are all abroad washing dishes or cleaning streets, it actually strikes me as backward thinking because there is dignity of labour in the UK.

This is one of the experiences I hope to bring back home. Be proud of whatever you find yourself doing , and do it well with integrity and honour. This is how genuine employees get promoted to higher positions.

Obviously the likes of invisible would rather be employed in yahoo activities rather than earning a proper income. Sad to say the least.

As for me, I refuse to go into details, but I am confident that Nigeria is the place for me in the interim. If perhaps the elections go well, then there is no doubt that I will be relocating on a permanent basis with family.

I have spent my time here in the UK, gained good qualifications but most importantly acquired a vast amount of experience, primarily on soft skills and work ethic that I know will be an invaluable asset to contribute my own quota while at the same time making a little more $$$$$$  grin

By the way I mean it when I say the greedy are never satisfied , lol. smiley

Bros, you are very correct, the greedy are never satisfied, even if given a N2m per month work to exhibit their 'soft skills'.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by jaybee3(m): 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2010
Princek12:

My experience is that more Nigerians in the U.K. do more menial jobs than Nigerians in the U.S., a country that is more immigrant friendly. U.K. is the menial jobs destination for Nigerians, for U.K. visas are easier to get than U.S. visas, and there are more opportunities in the U.S. The business environment in the U.S. is also more favorable, and anecdotal evidence suggests that there are more successful Nigerians in the U.S. (percentage wise) than the U.K. and other European countries.

So a lot of these Nigerians at home try to make themselves feel better by erroneously assuming that Nigerians abroad are not successful. Keep dreaming.
U really can't compare UK to the US as they aren't like-for-like

Uk is comparable to about 3 or so states in the US hence the reason why more opportunities will generally be expected
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2010
bruv, like one user said, if you are earning 2 million naira monthly (8500 pounds) in the uk, then you better keep your azz there. and if you are not ? then you deserve to be caned atrociously (36 strokes) with lanyard for making such an astronomical demand  angry
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by axeman85(m): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2010
For those slandering the uk and 9ja its all because majority have nothing to go back home and show for their years of studying or staying abroad. moving back to naija doesnt necessarily mean you must have your own house or your own car or have a fat pocket . at all. home is where you find yourself and you make it worthwhile. as the poster said he has achieved alot in the uk and wants to go home which is not a bad idea.

Security: alot of people are complaining security bla bla bla. is it not this same 9ja that majority of us were given birth to, just because some have opportunity to travel aborad and in the process got their papers doesnt mean they have to start complaining about security. you might be living in a high walled, security fenced, barbed wire, electric fence, bulldog . ak47 house in lagos or 9ja and still get robbed or killed or on the road and also same applies to uk and everywhere else in the world. you can be walking back from work and get stabbed to death in peckham or woolwhich even rich footballers with all the security in the houses still get burgled.

Water: well mostly you have your own borehole runing in your compound either you are renting or own your own home, even back in the days thats how it has always been.

light: am sure while majority of us were growing up, am sure the nepa issue has been the same, with up nepa and down nepa . people have always been relying on generator but now there is torchlight and the cd light popular called oju ti nepa. lol.

In regards to salary the poster might be lucky to get that a month if he has got his msc, phd, amongst other qualification he has. BUT lest not forget the labour market in 9ja is very competitive. an example is that i got a job info with Diamond bank. and when i called the recruiting manager he blantantly told me am only suitable for office job and i was shocked i asked him why, he said the position they have is for marketers and i said well i can also do marketing afterall i have done so in the past. suprisingly he told me outrightly that NO i cant do the job simply because am coming from the uk.

another example is an interview i had with BAT just for the management traineee. at the interview the interviewer told me blantantly that why am i willing to settle for a low paid job i think the pays was like 2 or 3.5m per annum minue benefits, i said am not afraid to start from somewhere. anyway i didnt get the job and when i called my friend that works there to find out the reason why for me. the reason they gave was that apart from my experience they dont think i will be able to accept the pay as i might leave if i get a better offer. undecided

same also i have a friend who got a job with fidelity bank a salary of 7.5m per annum, another one with an oil firm and na container the company take help carry him load go 9ja for am,

equally do i have a friend with skye bank apart from bsc for 9ja no foreign education just security work got a job with 3.5m per annum.

so it all depends on the posters bargaining power. 2m is possible depending on your area of expertise.
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2010
buzugee:

bruv, like one user said, if you are earning 2 million naira monthly (8500 pounds) in the uk, then you better keep your azz there. and if you are not ? then you deserve to be caned atrociously (36 strokes) with lanyard for making such an astronomical demand  angry

Inferiority complex as usual killing Nigerians.

If far less qualified Indians and Arabs are coming to Nigeria to milk the economy dry, earning outrageous salaries and benefits, is it then out of order for your fellow Nigerian abroad to ask for a decent wage ?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by oderemo(m): 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2010
equally do i have a friend with skye bank apart from bsc for 9ja no foreign education just security work got a job with 3.5m per annum.

so it all depends on the posters bargaining power. 2m is possible depending on your area of expertise

the gripe here is that yor 3.5 mil per annum equate to 292k monthly. prob. 300k . yor 7.5 mill. is 625k a month. get the maths.\?
but the op is asking for 2 mill. a month
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by buzugee(m): 8:18pm On Dec 31, 2010
frosbel:

Inferiority complex as usual killing Nigerians.

If far less qualified Indians and Arabs are coming to Nigeria to milk the economy dry, earning outrageous salaries and benefits, is it then out of order for your fellow Nigerian abroad to ask for a decent wage ?
Inferiority complex ? you knuckle dragging, mouth breathing Australopithecus, those indians and arabs you so eloquently mentioned are the ones creating the jobs for nigerians so they obviously will earn more. those are their companys in nigeria (most of them at least). etisalat for example is owned by an arab. what you think they will pay you higher than them because they like the way your face looks and they are feeling very generous ?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 31, 2010
axeman85:

For those slandering the uk and 9ja its all because majority have nothing to go back home and show for their years of studying or staying abroad. moving back to naija doesnt necessarily mean you must have your own house or your own car or have a fat pocket . at all. home is where you find yourself and you make it worthwhile. as the poster said he has achieved alot in the uk and wants to go home which is not a bad idea.

Abosultely

Security: alot of people are complaining security bla bla bla. is it not this same 9ja that majority of us were given birth to, just because some have opportunity to travel aborad and in the process got their papers doesnt mean they have to start complaining about security. you might be living in a high walled, security fenced, barbed wire, electric fence, bulldog . ak47 house in lagos or 9ja and still get robbed or killed or on the road and also same applies to uk and everywhere else in the world. you can be walking back from work and get stabbed to death in peckham or woolwhich even rich footballers with all the security in the houses still get burgled.

Sounds reasonable

Water: well mostly you have your own borehole runing in your compound either you are renting or own your own home, even back in the days thats how it has always been.

of course

light: am sure while majority of us were growing up, am sure the nepa issue has been the same, with up nepa and down nepa . people have always been relying on generator  but now there is torchlight and the cd light popular called oju ti nepa. lol.

Correct , but that does not mean we should settle for such a poor service

In regards to salary the poster might be lucky to get that a month if he has got his msc, phd, amongst other qualification he has. BUT lest not forget the labour market in 9ja is very competitive.  an example is that i got a job info with Diamond bank. and when i called the recruiting manager he blantantly told me am only suitable for office job and i was shocked i asked him why, he said the position they have is for marketers and i said well i can also do marketing afterall i have done so in the past. suprisingly he told me outrightly that NO i cant do the job simply because am coming from the uk.

Someone recommended me to careers on Africa, what are your thoughts on their process of employment and salary scale ?
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by notcorrupt: 8:21pm On Dec 31, 2010
axeman85:

light: am sure while majority of us were growing up, am sure the nepa issue has been the same, with up nepa and down nepa . people have always been relying on generator but now there is torchlight and the cd light popular called oju ti nepa. lol.

In regards to salary the poster might be lucky to get that a month if he has got his msc, phd, amongst other qualification he has. BUT lest not forget the labour market in 9ja is very competitive. an example is that i got a job info with Diamond bank. and when i called the recruiting manager he blantantly told me am only suitable for office job and i was shocked i asked him why, he said the position they have is for marketers and i said well i can also do marketing afterall i have done so in the past. suprisingly he told me outrightly that NO i cant do the job simply because am coming from the uk.

another example is an interview i had with BAT just for the management traineee. at the interview the interviewer told me blantantly that why am i willing to settle for a low paid job i think the pays was like 2 or 3.5m per annum minue benefits, i said am not afraid to start from somewhere. anyway i didnt get the job and when i called my friend that works there to find out the reason why for me. the reason they gave was that apart from my experience they dont think i will be able to accept the pay as i might leave if i get a better offer. undecided

same also i have a friend who got a job with fidelity bank a salary of 7.5m per annum, another one with an oil firm and na container the company take help carry him load go 9ja for am,

so it all depends on the posters bargaining power. 2m is possible depending on your area of expertise.

Thanks so much for this
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 31, 2010
buzugee:

Inferiority complex ? you knuckle dragging, mouth breathing Australopithecus, those indians and arabs you so eloquently mentioned are the ones creating the jobs for nigerians so they obviously will earn more. those are their companys in nigeria (most of them at least). etisalat for example is owned by an arab. what you think they will pay you higher than them because they like the way your face looks and they are feeling very generous ?  

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Typical of you, obviously you will worship anybody with skin lighter than yours. Smacks off as inferiority a complex .

I work in the UK and have seen time and time again, Nigerian professionals out perform their Indian counterparts.

See ya head , lol shocked
Re: Relocation To Nigeria From The Uk 2011. Am I Mad Or Is It Possible ? by Kobojunkie: 8:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
notcorrupt:

I think that makes good sense!

@Poster, do add me to list of possible partners/investors should you decide you want to start a venture of your own. I myself have been tossing around the idea but have yet to actually kick things off down there.  grin

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

#ministerial List Trending On Twitter. (screenshots) / Igbana Denen Shot Dead (Ortom's SSA) / Five Useful Idiots And The Spirit Of The Accursed Slave (part 1) By FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.