Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,185 members, 7,953,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:04 PM

I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad (34279 Views)

I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It / Ex Gf Or Real Wife Abroad?advice Needed / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 4:40am On Jan 05, 2011
Orton1_0:

Dude, way back here, he was a well-to-do-spare part dealer and she was a born-again-housewife doing all the chores.
So you can imagine the twist of fate.

well pls tell us what they are doing now over there. . . . . . . . . . . .
if he is unemployed then he SHOULD do these things while wifey works her 9 to 5.

dayokanu:

Waiting with her is dangerous, A woman who is hell bent on destroying you, What makes you think she wont provoke you into hitting her and land him in jail

well said. . . . . . .landing in jail or worse!!!!
then we wonder why many are doing the unthinkable by killing their spouse?
when she turns into a demon, thats the time men should count their losses and run but, they dont think rationally and think they can get the sweet gal they met in the village back to her senses not knowing that she never existed.

in some country they call that HONOR KILLING but nothing more than ego to me!

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 4:42am On Jan 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^ well said!

btw Orton
is there anything wrong with doing the groceries or picking up the kids?! what about the lawn?

hahah most nigerian men will not be caught dead doing that. to them, it's the woman's job. They want to live a nigerian lifestyle in the US. I mean it's possible but you have to play your cards right. Get a nice paying job, find a wife who will agree with those terms etc.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^^^are you saying that if she works but hubby is unemployed she should STILL do all what he mentionned in the name of Nigerian mentality?!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 4:47am On Jan 05, 2011
@Jenifa: Hrm. There are lots of crazy insane, feminist type of women in the Western world, women who want to emasculate their dudes.

But there are lots of traditional type of women too. The type who will work a 9-5 and still want to come home and cook for their man, etc. The type that aren't going to act out of control just because they earn a lot of money (or more money than you), are lawyers, doctors, etc.

I don't necessarily want a housegirl, but I do want a traditionalist type of wife rather than some feminist. Or a woman who will turn into a radical feminist if you run out of cash. . .
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Orton10(m): 4:48am On Jan 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

well pls tell us what they are doing now over there. . . . . . . . . . . .
if he is unemployed then he SHOULD do these things while wifey works her 9 to 5.

Common bro, such things shatters a 'real' man's self esteem.
By-the-way, the kids are very well attached to her, and no court will give a jobless 55-year old man custody of three kids over a 5-figure-salary-earning Mum.

Na them sabi. Who send am??.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 4:48am On Jan 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^^are you saying that if she works but hubby is unemployed she should STILL do all what he mentionned in the name of Nigerian mentality?!

YUP. they will even quote the bible for you and tell you it is Nigerian tradition. women must be submissive even if her husband is unemployed or making less.
even couples who work equal hours. the wife is expected to come back home and do all the housework and child care. This is even more tolerable and many nigerian women compromise this. but still, i'm sure if you piss such a woman off, she is likely to fight back because she's independent and has rights.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 4:50am On Jan 05, 2011
190:

Dayokanu do you drink beer,

I drink beer on weekends cheesy
eku_bear:

I understand it can be dangerous to marry a poor woman from the bush somewhere, but you should even avoid the ones in Nigeria whose families are financially comfortable?  undecided

I don't mind marrying someone here in the US, and in all likelihood that is what will end up happening. But of course would prefer to have my options as open as possible.

Dapo in your own interest stick to the girls around you in the US  who can understand you. If you go to Nigeria the girl who is there grew up in a different setting bringing her over is a different ball game.

The girl in Nigeria that now realizes what freedom means, Now feels she has a right she probably didnt know she had in Nigeria.

Its like a kid let loose in a candy store, Would land in the hospital for constipation. Do you realize that most of us JJC from Africa tend to overdo even more than those that were born here because we are just getting exposed to "Good things of life".
Bluhazel:

@ Dayokanu
But him leaving all that he's worked for is not the best option. As for him going to jail, that why i asked him to stay calm and lie still.

I am an advocate of fleeing from any appearance of problems. Cos trying to stay calm you would never know.

I know of a friend who was having a heated quarell with his girl, The girl just said I would show you, ran downstairs dialled 9-1-1 and started crying on the phone that the guy has been beating her since.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by 190: 4:52am On Jan 05, 2011
I drink beer on weekends

Saturday's beer on me,
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 4:53am On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

@Jenifa: Hrm. There are lots of crazy insane, feminist type of women in the Western world, women who want to emasculate their dudes.

But there are lots of traditional type of women too. The type who will work a 9-5 and still want to come home and cook for their man, etc. The type that aren't going to act out of control just because they earn a lot of money (or more money than you), are lawyers, doctors, etc.

I don't necessarily want a housegirl, but I do want a traditionalist type of wife rather than some feminist. Or a woman who will turn into a radical feminist if you run out of cash. . .

If i work 9-5 and come back home to do all the housework + childcare (which is a full time job on it's own right), then I most certainly expect compensation in the form of vacations, nice car, paying less share of bills etc.

to me, marrying a white guy is easier because these men do not have problems with cooking, doing dishes or babysitting. helping out in the house is not something that will crush their "ego" because it's something their father probably does. so it's part of their culture.
I have male professors that leave class early because "it's their turn to pick up the kids from school" I wish more Nigerian men were like that. It will be so much easier on these poor Nigerian women.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 4:56am On Jan 05, 2011
^^ You have to deal with the challenges of marrying someone outside your culture as well.

I know a Naija girl who used to date a white guy. The guy didnt just understand why she had to send money home, Why her younger sister should come stay with her, And many other things make i no too yarn
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 05, 2011
Orton1_0:

Common bro, such things shatters a 'real' man's self esteem.
By-the-way, the kids are very well attached to her, and no court will give a jobless 55-year old man custody of three kids over a 5-figure-salary-earning Mum.

Na them sabi. Who send am??.

i understand how this man´s self esteem may be shattered but sitting on his a$$ all day expecting wifey to do all these is  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
doesnt this man have a HEART?! damn he should be giving her foot massages and try his darndest to make her feel good when she comes back from slaving herself (like she did when the roles were reverse)

i still dont understand where is the problem from picking your own kids to school? is it that people will know that this guy is jobless or what?!

in which countries do wives mow the lawn sef?! lol

Jenifa_:

YUP. they will even quote the bible for you and tell you it is Nigerian tradition. women must be submissive even if her husband is unemployed or making less.
even couples who work equal hours. the wife is expected to come back home and do all the housework and child care. This is even more tolerable and many nigerian women compromise this. but still, i'm sure if you piss such a woman off, she is likely to fight back because she's independent and has rights.

i understand about the cooking part but for the rest, i still dont understand why a jobless FATHER cannot pick up his kids from the day care? do the grocery or mow the lawn? is THAT written in the bible or is that part of what women SHOULD do?!
any smart person would know that you can find a positive verse for any silly thing in the bible even RA.PE, PEDOPHILIA, FORNICATION, PHYSICAL ABUSE, MURDER, INC.EST etc etc etc
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Orton10(m): 5:01am On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

I have male professors that leave class early because "it's their turn to pick up the kids from school" I wish more Nigerian men were like that. It will be so much easier on these poor Nigerian women.

Your Prof. must be a gentleman. And the wife must be very lucky. I just don't see meself doing dat, I'll be labelled a woman wrapper.lol
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 5:03am On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ You have to deal with the challenges of marrying someone outside your culture as well.

I know a Naija girl who used to date a white guy. The guy didnt just understand why she had to send money home, Why her younger sister should come stay with her, And many other things make i no too yarn

yea that's true. marrying someone outside of your culture is not that easy. I was mostly referring to the wives of these men. the white women and the likes. To me, their marriages are easier on them. So much so that they opt for divorce at any sign of difficulty. Stuff that most Nigerian women have to live with on a daily basis or think is normal. lol
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 5:05am On Jan 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

i understand about the cooking part but for the rest, i still dont understand why a jobless FATHER cannot pick up his kids from the day care? do the grocery or mow the lawn? is THAT written in the bible or is that part of what women SHOULD do?!
any smart person would know that you can find a positive verse for any silly thing in the bible even RA.PE, PEDOPHILIA, FORNICATION, PHYSICAL ABUSE, MURDER, INC.EST etc etc etc

hahah read the quote below. I tell you If Nigerian men they controlled the laws, women will have absolutely no rights grin

Orton1_0:

Your Prof. must be a gentleman. And the wife must be very lucky. I just don't see meself doing dat, I'll be labelled a woman wrapper.lol
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^^ i guess he is not a gentleman, lol!
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 5:08am On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

If i work 9-5 and come back home to do all the housework + childcare (which is a full time job on it's own right), then I most certainly expect compensation in the form of vacations, nice car, paying less share of bills etc.

to me, marrying a white guy is easier because these men do not have problems with cooking, doing dishes or babysitting. helping out in the house is not something that will crush their "ego" because it's something their father probably does. so it's part of their culture.
I don't mind the childcare stuff. I just hate housework (unless it is fixing broken things.) Dishes, laundry, cooking. . . I hate that stuff. Though I enjoy cooking with others, just not by myself.

Agreed about white guys. Your typical upper middle-class white guy is so henpecked. . . makes me feel sorta bad for them, lol.

Poor white guys though are like Nigerians smiley
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 5:23am On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

I don't mind the childcare stuff. I just hate housework (unless it is fixing broken things.) Dishes, laundry, cooking. . . I hate that stuff. Though I enjoy cooking with others, just not by myself.

Agreed about white guys. Your typical upper middle-class white guy is so henpecked. . . makes me feel sorta bad for them, lol.

Poor white guys though are like Nigerians smiley

at least you don't mind the childcare stuff. And I'm sure your wife won't mind cooking with you.

true about white guys. at first when I was friends with them I was shocked at their behavior. all the time i was thinking it was for an ulterior motive because i didn't know any of my black male friends (who are extremely good at sweet talking by the way) who will offer to give me a ride to grocery store or come with me and help out etc. but i've come to realize it's part of their culture. then I wonder how lucky white girls are and they don't know how good they have it.
yea the behavior definitely seems wimpy. but those are the best husbands. I definitely want that kind of husband.

by poor white guys you mean the red necks that you come across on the public transit etc? ewww lol
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 5:25am On Jan 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^ i guess he is not a gentleman, lol!

deep down inside he is. the peer pressure from friends can be strong u kno. lol
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Orton10(m): 5:30am On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

deep down inside he is. the peer pressure from friends can be strong u kno. lol

Thats ma gurl. grin grin grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 5:40am On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

at least you don't mind the childcare stuff. And I'm sure your wife won't mind cooking with you.

true about white guys. at first when I was friends with them I was shocked at their behavior.  all the time i was thinking it was for an ulterior motive because i didn't know any of my black male friends (who are extremely good at sweet talking by the way) who will offer to give me a ride to grocery store or come with me and help out etc. but i've come to realize it's part of their culture. then I wonder how lucky white girls are and they don't know how good they have it.
yea the behavior definitely seems wimpy. but those are the best husbands. I definitely want that kind of husband.
I sorta wonder. . . is the influence their fathers or their mothers? Nigerian guys with strong mothers tend to behave very differently towards women than guys with mothers who have zero power in the relationship (or at least, this has been my observation.)

by poor white guys you mean the red necks that you come across on the public transit etc? ewww  lol
Redneck white folk are my type of people, lol. Very down to earth. And a lot less fake than upperclass whites are. But that is another story, heh
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 5:46am On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

true about white guys. at first when I was friends with them I was shocked at their behavior. all the time i was thinking it was for an ulterior motive because i didn't know any of my black male friends (who are extremely good at sweet talking by the way) who will offer to give me a ride to grocery store or come with me and help out etc. but i've come to realize it's part of their culture. then I wonder how lucky white girls are and they don't know how good they have it.

by poor white guys you mean the red necks that you come across on the public transit etc? ewww lol

You know the way people and cultures are different, You would be shocked that a white woman that disagreed with her husband would just go and sleep with his friend to spite him and let him know later. The guy would still forgive him and they would continue living together, I wonder how many Naija ppl can do this. If a Naija woman wants to cheat self, she tries to walk far from her husbands buddies

How many Naija ppl can marry a girl with 3 kids from 3 fathers? But a white guy would do it without blinking an eye.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 05, 2011
@jenifa
if peer pressure from friends is more important to an individual than the well being of his children then i am safe to say that this person has his priorities mixed up. lmao.

AND, if his friends believe that he is better off sitting his lazy backside at home rather than helping the household and picking up his OWN kids then i suggest he finds some better friends to look up to.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 5:50am On Jan 05, 2011
If a man doesnt want to do house chores then he should go and get a job and be the African man
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 5:51am On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

You know the way people and cultures are different, You would be shocked that a white woman that disagreed with her husband would just go and sleep with his friend to spite him and let him know later. The guy would still forgive him and they would continue living together, I wonder how many Naija ppl can do this. If a Naija woman wants to cheat self, she tries to walk far from her husbands buddies
Lol, that is some TV sitcom sh1t. Surely it doesn't happen in real life (or at least, that often)?

How many Naija ppl can marry a girl with 3 kids from 3 fathers? But a white guy would do it without blinking an eye.
This sounds something more like an african american thing (no offense intended to any reading, but it is the truth). White guy might marry a divorced woman with kids, but not the white equivalent of a hoodrat.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 6:26am On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

I sorta wonder. . . is the influence their fathers or their mothers? Nigerian guys with strong mothers tend to behave very differently towards women than guys with mothers who have zero power in the relationship (or at least, this has been my observation.)
Redneck white folk are my type of people, lol. Very down to earth. And a lot less fake than upperclass whites are. But that is another story, heh

hmm, that's interesting. How do they behave?
it maybe true. but I also think the father's behavior toward the mother also affect their behavior toward women.

yea there is a lot of fakeness among upper middle class white people. but i've learned to live with it and embrace the positive aspects (i.e less drama). It can be annoying sometimes how individualistic their lives and even social relationships tend to be. hard to find a true friend among them unless they are religious or are exposed (yrs of living abroad, personal interests etc). this is my experience at least.

how can rednecks be your type of people? aren't those the racist ones? undecided

MRbrownJAY:

@jenifa
if peer pressure from friends is more important to an individual than the well being of his children then i am safe to say that this person has his priorities mixed up. lmao.

AND, if his friends believe that he is better off sitting his lazy backside at home rather than helping the household and picking up his OWN kids then i suggest he finds some better friends to look up to.

totally agree with you
i'm definitely not condoning such a behavior. my post was meant to be light hearted.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by MaJBlige(f): 7:49am On Jan 05, 2011
Lies upon lies. None of these guys here will end up marrying any woman raised up in the west- if they do, max 3 years, you will see them back as Bachelors.

Which man here can swear by their behind that they prefer to marry a lady they meet in the West than ladies back home in Nigeria? Be realistic. The fact that someone brought his wife from home and they have problems in their marriage doesnt mean everyone who does so will end up having the same problem.

These egocentric i have been abroad people amuse me when they talk ras about ladies falling upon themselves to marry them from Africa just to escape "poverty". Most of them will even regret following you to live abroad when they see how pauperised you are.

Poster - handle things with care. Are you surprised that no one has given you any worth while advice but to blow their own non existing ego?

Try work things out with your wife- see a marriage counsellor- and if things still stay the same way they are, maybe it is not utopia for you in marriage- dont worry about the kids, things usually turn out better for kids. Dont regret anything, it could happen even if you met her abroad - so/
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by oladepojok(f): 7:58am On Jan 05, 2011
my dear b
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Ikedonn(m): 8:00am On Jan 05, 2011
Very sad angry angry angry
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Blazay(m): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
[size=3pt] This brand new year huh? These Village-minded, Igbotic couples have come again with their marital wahalas in the diaspora. Chai![/size] cheesy

Oh. . .I am sure she regrets coming over too. kiss

In general,

I have seen many of these kinds of stories in the USA.
The men are mostly to blame.

1. You treat your imported Nigerian wives like dirt, thinking you are still in Nigeria where a woman has no voice.

2. You become financially dependent on your imported Nigerian wife and refuse to be anything in life but drive taxis while also refusing to enrich your lives/brains!

3. Your communication skills are so sickening that you really deserve the insults you receive from these imported brides. You use domestic violence as a means to solving all problems.

4. You do not face the reality that the problems are caused by you inablility to be real men in the marriage because some desperate old white women and other foreign women have been financing your 'habits' year in, year out. Some do not even disclose their financial obligations and child support commitments before roping one mugu of a bride from the poverty-stricken Nigerian environment or allow the women to come and visit first to get a dose of the reality that awaits them. When these women come over, they start battling strange women with all kinds of phone calls in the middle of the night asking for baby daddies and all what not.

5. The number of lies you MEN tell to these importing Nigerian brides is so overwhelming that the ladies do not have any choices but to build a mountain of resenting feelings enough to kill ya arzzzes, having discovered your dishonesty. Most even have records as ex-convicts with revoked/suspended drivers' licenses. . . and cannot even get decent jobs. By the time the unsuspecting imported brides find out. . . you have 8 children to feed. When the women complain in frustration, you beat them and expect them not to retaliate because you feel they owe you their lives for coming to the almighty 'abroad' to join you as slaves of materialism!

6. Finally, God never gives you what you do not deserve in MARRIGE especially. You must have wronged many females in your past and you are only reaping your just rewards. Search yourself bro! Are your hands clean? My guess? No!

So @OP
I would like to hear from the wife before I empathize/sympathize with you/your friend. undecided
Sorry o!

Nor be who first report case. . . be innocent party.

I have seen waaaaaaaaaaaay too many of these cases tooooooo much to believe ANYTHING that comes out of a man's mouth.

Everrrrry week, we are judging these matters over here in the USA. . . everrrrrrrry week I say amonngst Nigerians like y'all in this USA. No end. The men are ALWAYS to blame for gross miscalcalulations and cruelty to their imported wives(some imported wives are cookoos. . .but the men are mostly to blame) Ho-ha!

Nna. . . . Go and bring the wife. . . and let us hear her own side of the story.

Case dismissed!

Gavel pounds!

This thread comes to mind. wink

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-85412.0.html

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Blazay(m): 1:39pm On Jan 05, 2011
PHBABE (f)
Nigeria

The Pathetic Story Of An Igbo Woman In Dallas
« on: October 12, 2007, 06:06 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Story Of My Life-------by Mrs.Roseline Nnawuihe

My name is Roseline Nnawuihe. I am the wife of Nze Benjamin
Nnawuihe from Umuezukwe, Awo-Omamma, Imo state, Nigeria, and
we live in Dallas.

[size=18pt]I have been following very closely the various write-ups on
the internet, especially those written by my husband with
regard to the upcoming Orlu elections in Dallas and I have
come to the conclusion that I can no longer keep quiet while
innocent people's character and personality are slowly but
surely being destroyed.
For those who have been following
the internet lately, Mr. Benjamin Nnawuihe in his most
recent writings, indicated that me his wife, has been
sleeping around with other men. He has also waged a war
against another man who he claims is the cause of all his
family problems.[/size]

wink wink wink wink wink

I have been married to Benjamin Nnawuihe for 20years, and
had 5 children for him. I was married to him at the age of
18years, and joined him in Dallas from Nigeria after my high
school. For those 20years of marriage which can pass for
20years of bondage and slavery, I have had to endure
constant physical abuse, verbal abuse, and emotional abuse
and mental torture in the hands of Mr. Nnawuihe. On my very
first day in this country, he sat me down and lectured me on
the ills of associating with other people. It did not matter
who. He cut me off from all my relatives and my friends. He
did not allow me to talk to anybody on the phone. He got me
pregnant every year even when I protested, because according
to him, he did not want all those men eying his beautiful
wife.

He would not let me out of the house unless to go to
work or to go to the grocery, and I was on the time clock
for both errands. When I come home from grocery, my husband
will go through the list of items on the receipt to make
sure they were only the things that he wanted. He would make
me return any of the items to the store if it was a personal
thing. For the purchase of the grocery, he will tear out one
check leaf and write the name of the store on it.

[size=20pt]I have worked two jobs since my arrival in this country. God help
me if I was running more than fifteen minutes late in coming
home. I would get the physical beating of my life. He would
call my job at school and make complaints to get me fired.
[/size]

He actually called the police a few years back and alleged
that I was into Medicare fraud. I refused to call the police
even when I was urged on by many people because I loved him,
and also because he threatened my life if he ever had a
police record. Even then, he still called the police himself
and made a report just to build up a record against me.

I would hide my bodily bruises from people, and lie just to
protect him. Last year 2006, while he was leaving for ORA
convention in Miami, he seized my cell phone so that I do
not talk to anybody while he is away. When I tried to get
the phone from him, he called the police and told them that
I prevented him from making a 911 call. I thought it was all
a joke until the police came and handcuffed me and put me in
jail. I spent that weekend in jail while he was away in
Miami enjoying himself. I had no way of contacting anybody.
Even my children were helpless and stayed at home hungry. My
16year old son then contacted my friend Mrs. Livina Ike who
contacted a lawyer. That lawyer was attorney Godson Anyanwu
who bailed me from jail and handled that case. He is a
living witness today.

This man is so insecure that I got a beating anytime he sighted me greeting any man, even if they are his relatives. Whenever we went to parties together, we
will always leave early fighting all the way home just
because a man asked me for a dance and he would attack the
person. At my age, I still look VERY GOOD, and I am grateful
to my God for that. Every man that talked to me or
complemented me was my lover. I have gradually learned to
put up some resistance and not curl up like a baby and cry
all day as I used to. Benjamin Nnawuihe can talk and bark
all night long when he is mad, and still go to work in the
morning. He forbade me from owning a cell phone because he
wanted to make sure I was not talking to other men behind
him. It was not until two years ago after I had a tire
blow-out on my way from work and was stranded on the highway
at midnight that I disobeyed him and got a cell phone. Even
though I have been the major bread-winner in the household,
I will always handover my paycheck to Ben every pay day as
he instructed, and I was forbidden from owning a bank
account, or to call my parents in Nigeria, not to talk of
sending any money to them to feed with.

Benjamin has never been gainfully employed since I arrived in this country, but
he was able to build a house in Nigeria with all the money
he collected from me. It was only a few years ago that I
disobeyed him and opened an account because it was becoming
difficult for him to give me money even to buy my
under-wears.

My husband¢s relationship with his children
is even worse. He beats and abuses them on the slightest
pretext. He does not know how those children are fed or
clothed. Unlike other fathers he does notparticipate in any
of the children¢s school activities. When they disagree
with him on any issue, he threatens to disown them. For the
past one year, he is not on speaking terms with our 17year
old son because he does not agree with his father¢s
treatment of me and Benjamin Nnawuihe has told him several
times that he is not his father. Anybody who has seen this
boy will see the carbon copy of Benjamin Nnawuihe. Mr.
Nnawuihe has not allowed me to travel to Nigeria since 1999
even when my father died, or even to go see my sick old
mother.

Through all these years, I have been very supportive of my
husband. I have been faithful to him till this day but he
will always accuse me of sleeping around due to his
insecurity. He is a very hateful and wicked man and he does
not forgive. People see him as a very angry man who never
smiles, and they wonder how I have put up with him all these
years. He does not have any friends because he cannot keep
friends. His politics is that of bitterness and personal
destruction. He is very devilish and should be avoided by
decent people. In 2004 he had a land dispute at home with a
man from Umuezukwe, Awo-Omamma. While traveling to Nigeria
that year, he swore that the young man will not be alive to
live on that piece of property. He later rushed back to the
United States suddenly. I later learned that the young man
in the land dispute has been shot dead by unknown people. Is
Ben Nnawuihe a murderer? You be the Judge.This is just one
of several cases.

Let me get to the issue about Dr. Okechukwu. For the
records, let me state that I have never had any extramarital
affairs with anybody for that matter since I married Mr.
Benjamin Nnawuihe. My God knows this, and Benjamin Nnawuihe
knows this. In 2005 OOPA elections, I was running for the
post of PRO against Mr. Ifeanyi Iwunze who is Dr.
Okechukwu¢s good friend. I was not comfortable going
through with an election because I felt that I will lose
because people hate my husband. I was advised by those who
know him to approach Dr. Okechukwu to help in urging Mr.
Iwunze to step down for me because they were very good
friends. My husband was not in good terms with the Iwunze
family, so I asked Dr. Okechukwu not to tell my husband
about it because he will feel insulted. Later on, my husband
saw details of phone calls between me and Dr. Okechukwu on
our phone bill and accused me of sleeping with him. He
refused to listen to any explanations. About two weeks later
n December 2005, Dr. Okechukwu visited us with his wife and
children in what ndi-igbo call ¡igba oriko¢. They ate,
drank, and spent the entire Sunday evening with us. Dr.
Okechukwu used the opportunity to explain everything to my
husband that nothing happened between us, and that it was
just politics. Mr. Nnawuihe will not let the matter go. He
called Dr. Okechukwu on the phone several times threatening
that he will kill him, and Dr. Okechukwu reported the matter
to the police. He has vowed that he will destroy Dr.
Okechukwu¢s reputation in Dallas, United States, and
Nigeria. He is going around telling people that Dr.
Okechukwu writes me checks in thousands of dollars and
bought a car for me. I am here to state that Dr. Okechukwu
has not given me any money, and does not give me any money.
For years I put up with Benjamin Nnawuihe letting me use the
car to work when it pleases him, and seizing the keys when
it does not please him. In order not to lose my job, I saved
up some money to buy a car. Mr. Nnawuihe went with me the
day I bought my car. It was the little money I saved up I
used to make down payment like everyone else and I am
carrying a car note. Anybody who has had an accident and
been to a doctor will understand what I am about to say. I
was involved in an accident with my car. I received
treatment at Medical Rehabilitation clinic owned by Dr.
Okechukwu/ Dr. Ezenagu/ Dr. Ozor. The money that was paid by
the insurance company included $300 (three hundred dollars)
for pain and suffering which was paid to me on the official
clinic check. My husband seized that check till this day but
continues to tell people that Dr. Okechukwu wrote a check
for one thousand dollars for me. My husband knows the truth
because he was aware of my treatment, and also because has
had the same experience with Dr. Okechukwu in the past. If
Mr. Nnawuihe can prove his story, then I am guilty of
everything he has accused me of. My problems with Benjamin
Nnawuihe started long before Dr. Okechukwu arrived in town,
and has taken a turn for the worse since Acho Orabuchi and
his wife got involved in my family affairs and became his
chief adviser. I want people to ask around in Dallas what
happened to several families that took Acho Orabuchi in as
their friend and adviser. Ask Chief Ike. Ask Mr. Godwin
Ibekwe, ask Mr. Festus Okorie. Where do I stop? Yet Acho
Orabuchi continues to live with his own wife Ngozi Kate
Orabuchi who was arrested for shoplifting in 1997, and again
convicted of shoplifting and theft in 1999. If Acho Orabuchi
wants me to post the public record on the internet, let him
declare that I am lying. This same people will go on the
internet, pass moral judgments on others and circulate
salacious materials about them. Are the Orabuchis home
wreckers and more? You be the judge.

I have no University education because Benjamin Nnawuihe
wanted me only to work and not go to school. My grammar may
not be the best, but I have tried my best with some of my
educated female friends to put my ideas together in this
story.

My experience in the hands of Mr. Benjamin Nnawuihe will
fill a whole novel. I have only given a brief summary of it.
Anybody reading my story will ask why I am telling it. I
have two reasons. The world must know the truth about who
Benjamin Nnawuihe really is because he has taken the moral
high ground and he has put his family matter out there. I
left Benjamin Nnawuihe nine months ago while he was in
Nigeria because knowing him, that is the only time that I
can leave safely. I have waited this long to do it because I
wanted my children to grow up a little more in a family
setting with a father and a mother but Benjamin Nnawuihe
chose not to be a responsible father. I will wonder for the
rest of my life if I made a good decision, but I leave it in
Gods hands. The second reason for my story is that I believe
there are hundreds of women out there married to Nigerian
men who are living my life. They need to know that they have
a choice. If there is anybody out there who thinks that what
Benjamin Nnawuihe has done to me is acceptable, it is my
prayers that their daughters meet the same fate when they
marry.

I do not have much access to the internet. I am asking
whosoever that reads my story to please send it out to as
many forums as they have access to. Silence they say is
golden. But if you are dealing with a mad, sad, disgruntled
man like Benjamin Nnawuihe, silence will no longer be
golden.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story and may God
bless you.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Blazay(m): 1:41pm On Jan 05, 2011
AND TO COMPOUND
THINGS MY PAPERS ARE STILL PENDING WITH THE HOME OFFICE .

Your's or your friend's? undecided

You/your friend imported a wife from Nigeria with an application pending for permanent residency. . .and started breeding children like rabbits? shocked

Meanwhile, she is the SOLE signatory to all the family accounts? Are you a felon or sum'un?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? cheesy

Unbelievable!!! grin

Hmmmmm! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

When we hear the woman's side of the story. . . it would be a different perspective entirely. grin

Let us hear the wife's version OP.

No empathies/sympathies beyond this point. kiss

Nigerians sha! Kei!!!

On this note. . . I leave you all in good hands.
Peace. . . back to school and work.
See y'all in 6 months.

Mwaaaaaaaaa!!!

God blesss[b]h[/b] y'all!

It has been super-duper fun as ALWAYS.

Over and out! kiss
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by swaggapee: 2:14pm On Jan 05, 2011
guy u fuuuck up o , why u sef go spend money on woman like that , some women are very useless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana / My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him / 22 Children’s Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.