Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:24 AM

I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad (34282 Views)

I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It / Ex Gf Or Real Wife Abroad?advice Needed / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2011
or this http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/lounge/55418-nigerian-pharmacist-charged-beating-his-wife-death-baseball-bat.html

i have over 50 cases i can post their links but i think yall get the point.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Ranoscky(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2011
buzugee:

you have said it all. nigerian women as a whole are a mirror image of nigerian men. materialistic, egotistic, hustlers, rude, sociopaths and did i mention materialistic ?
yall are better of getting somalian wives

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
that somalian woman shoo is purdy
Iwu nno BooZoo !!!
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 4:26pm On Jan 05, 2011
duduspace:

DAMN, stop putting up those stories abeg Buzugee, do you want to prevent me from getting a wife? are Nigerian men this violent? 
lmao i can post links all day. there are trillions of cases of nigerian men in america beating their imported naija wives to death  grin grin anyone who thinks he can import a woman like commodity is a dangerous person.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 05, 2011
buzugee:

if she grows wings she will end up like this http://www.republicreport.com/dubem-okafor-another-nigerian-man-kills-his-wife-in-the-usa-written-by-icheoku/
Well in this case that was more about adultery and even the woman was educated in America so its not what we are talking about here.
buzugee:

or this http://www.kwenu.com/publications/orabuchi/2007/emeruwa_kills_wife.htm
buzugee:

or this http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5608847-146/nigerian_professor_kills_wife_self_in.csp
These cases involve 2 very violent control freaks and  sociopaths that the authorities should have dealt with much earlier. Again such control freaks are better off staying with their brides in Nigeria
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2011
duduspace:

I hope you realise that the killing can go both ways though and shouldn't even be considered an option?  undecided
I remember having a serious quarrel with my mum when she was implying that the woman was to blame in this instance after we heard the story.
the killing is usually one way. the only killing by a nigerian woman that i know off is of these 2 ajebutter couples. young. both from wealthy backgrounds. both studying to be doctors. she blasted the guy.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
Ranoscky:

Iwu nno BooZoo !!!
translate for me chief grin grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 4:32pm On Jan 05, 2011
tensor777:

Well in this case that was more about adultery and even the woman was educated in America so its not what we are talking about here.These cases involve 2 very violent control freaks and  sociopaths that the authorities should have dealt with much earlier. Again such control freaks are better off staying with their brides in Nigeria
i must have mistakenly slipped in a wrong case. my bad. but i do see your point, which is 'keep your chauvinism in africa cuz it will never work abroad'. good point too.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by duduspace(m): 4:37pm On Jan 05, 2011
tensor777:

Well in this case that was more about adultery and even the woman was educated in America so its not what we are talking about here.These cases involve 2 very violent control freaks and  sociopaths that the authorities should have dealt with much earlier. Again such control freaks are better off staying with their brides in Nigeria

true word.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2011
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2011
After spoiling all the GOOd sister in abroad you ran home to catch one butterfly, now you have married a Scorpion , sorry dude, I think u r doomed, all these yrs in abroad common village girl is more intelligent than who, she is the sole signatory to ur family account , guy u r a big MUGU 100
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by cougar1: 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2011
plastymnim:

A FRIEND OF MINE NEEDS COUNSELLING URGENTLY,THIS IS HIS STORY:
I NEED HELP.MY MARRIAGE IS ABOUT TO END.I AM A DEVOTED CHRISTIAN.
I BROUGHT MY WIFE ABROAD,TO START A BETTER LIFE,NOW SHE HAS HER STAY,SHE HAS
CHANGED COMPLETELY.I SPENT ALL MY SAVINGS AND EVEN BORROWED TO RELOCATE.
NOW SHE HAS ACCESS TO THE FAMILY FUNDS,BECAUSE SHE IS A SOLE SIGNATORY
TO THE ACCCOUNT DUE TO THE METHOD WE USED IN GETTING HER CITIZENSHIP.NOW SHE INSULTS ME
AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY,THREATENS TO TAKE THE CHILDREN FROM ME.ALL THIS IS BECAUSE SHE WANTS ME TO
LEAVE SO SHE CAN DO WHATEVR SHE LIKES WITH THE FAMILYS ACCOUNT.SHE SAYS I DONT HAVE
RIGHT OVER THE FAMILY ACCOUNT AND THAT SHE HAS PAID ME WHATEVER I SPENT
TO BRING HER ABROAD,I HAVE THOUGHT OF LEAVING HER BUT I
FEEL FOR MY CHILDREN WHO ARE STILL YOUNG,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.AND TO COMPOUND
THINGS MY PAPERS ARE STILL PENDING WITH THE HOME OFFICE .IF I DECIDE TO TAKE THE CHILDREN BACK TO NIGERIA
I FEAR FOR THEIR FUTURE ESPECIALLY NOW THINGS ARE WORST THAN BEFOR.WHAT DO I DO?SHOULD I JUST LEAVE
AND FORGET ABOUT THE MARRIAGE AND ALLOW HER TO TAKE CARE OF THE CHILDREN,WILL MY ACTIONS AFFECT THE CHILDREN LATER?
I TRIED TO IRON THINGS OUT BUT HER BEHAVIOUR IS GETTING WORST.

unfortunately for you, you will have to wait to get your ilr or green card before you can leave this woman. how the hell did you make her the sole signatory of the family account? why don't you get an online account behind her and transfer the funds into yours. you don't take things for granted with nigerian women especially the home-based ones. they are all out there waiting for a mugu to take them out of africa - if i were u, i would wait for my time before i strike. revenge is best served cold.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2011
kayci_d77:

After spoiling all the GOOd sister in abroad you ran home to catch one butterfly, now you have married a Scorpion , sorry dude, I think u r doomed, all these yrs in abroad common village girl is more intelligent than who, she is the sole signatory to your family account , guy u r a big MUGU 100
kick a man when he is down. why dont ya
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by nwaikpete: 4:47pm On Jan 05, 2011
This story is a lie. It does not matter how she came, the western world is quite different from Nigeria. The law states that even common law, 24 hours of marriage or marriage without church and  or court approved is a marriage as common law. So stop your lies.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2011
How come these killings hardly happen to "non-imported" wives?

I agree with Buzugee here. Most men who go home to marry have a deep seated problem of wanting to Lord over their woman. Who else but a village girl would take all their crap. There are numerous Naija girls in US and UK looking for husband, marry one of them. They wont because they would say Naija girls in US "don tear eye" just because she wont take your bullcrap

This doesnt affect village girls alone, Even a average Lagos girl would jump at an opportunity to marry the guy from abroad, Who comes home every xmas to oppress with the money he has saved all year.

I know several guys who save hard all year and take the money home on xmas. See how girls would flock around them like ants on Sugar.

Go to any bar in FESTAC or Ajao estate and See when the Obodo Oyinbo guys come from Germany and Belgium. Dem dey oppress die. Na only politicians and yahoo guys fit rival them
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

unfortunately for you, you will have to wait to get your ilr or green card before you can leave this woman. how the hell did you make her the sole signatory of the family account? why don't you get an online account behind her and transfer the funds into yours. you don't take things for granted with nigerian women especially the home-based ones. they are all out there waiting for a mugu to take them out of africa - if i were u, i would wait for my time before i strike. revenge is best served cold.
HMMM. Very thought provoking. But maybe just maybe this his village bride is way more intelligent than him and is wise to all his heavy handed moves. lipsrsealed
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by titsqueez(m): 4:56pm On Jan 05, 2011
its all about being smart.

I know a guy who has since relocated to Naija and left his wife here in the UK. The Woman is sending money to him unfailingly every month  shocked
and no be jazz  grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

I agree with Buzugee here. Most men who go home to marry have a deep seated problem of wanting to Lord over their woman. Who else but a village girl would take all their crap. There are numerous Naija girls in US and UK looking for husband, marry one of them. They wont because they would say Naija girls in US "don tear eye" just because she wont take your bullcrap

This doesnt affect village girls alone, Even a average Lagos girl would jump at an opportunity to marry the guy from abroad, Who comes home every xmas to oppress with the money he has saved all year.

I know several guys who save hard all year and take the money home on xmas. See how girls would flock around them like ants on Sugar.

Go to any bar in FESTAC or Ajao estate and See when the Obodo Oyinbo guys come from Germany and Belgium. Dem dey oppress die. Na only politicians and yahoo guys fit rival them
can i have the addresses of the bars in festac and ajao estate ? let me go oppress too  cheesy i am tired of this oyinbo land where you can not oppress anybody  cry cry JUST KIDDING. but yeah you ain lie. these control freaks dont want naija women who done 'tear eye'
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by cougar1: 4:59pm On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

you are jumping into conclusion so fast here. many of these men had these babes as spouses before the men left nigeria. they were in a relationship and i see nothing wrong with a man going back home to take his fiancee abroad and marry. 90% of these cases are long term relationships so i cannot blame the men for the wrong doings of the naija women.

so what should a man do? marry abroad or marry a girl based in nigeria? the women here have their issues. they have been "westernized". they have lost touch with the african tradition and they want to be whiter than the white women. the ones in nigeria on the other hand cannot be trusted to maintain the same behaviour once they get abroad.

after 300+ days of working 9-5, unwinding in nigeria can be excused. cheesy
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Parnassuss(m): 5:01pm On Jan 05, 2011
KILL HER.
I'M NOT KIDDING, MURDER HER AND MARRY SOMEONE ALREADY IN THE STATES NEXT TIME, IF U MUST MARRY AGAIN.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

so what should a man do? marry abroad or marry a girl based in nigeria? the women here have their issues. they have been "westernized". they have lost touch with the african tradition and they want to be whiter than the white women.

This is my real beef with some Nigerian-American girls. If I want a westernized woman, I'll just stick with the african-american or white chicks  undecided

With that said, not all of them are like this. Just a lot of 'em undecided
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

you are jumping into conclusion so fast here. many of these men had these babes as spouses before the men left nigeria. they were in a relationship and i see nothing wrong with a man going back home to take his fiancee abroad and marry. 90% of these cases are long term relationships so i cannot blame the men for the wrong doings of the naija women.

so what should a man do? marry abroad or marry a girl based in nigeria? the women here have their issues. they have been "westernized". they have lost touch with the african tradition and they want to be whiter than the white women. the ones in nigeria on the other hand cannot be trusted to maintain the same behaviour once they get abroad.

after 300+ days of working 9-5, unwinding in nigeria can be excused. cheesy
bollocks. the cases of childhood sweethearts are extremely negligible and those one always work out. most of the cases are these grown men going home to scout for women they have not met in their lives.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

Good question. If he wants to stay in the West then he should simply look for a bride brought up in the West. In that wise both parties would know what to expect from each other.
As for tradition and all that I feel that is neither here nor there in this scenario. It is primarily about power and control within the home. Anyway there is no human reason why a village bride would not embrace such power when she comes over to the West. Who even says that such women were not power hungry themselves even whilst in the village?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by koolchicco: 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2011
tit_squeez:

its all about being smart.

I know a guy who has since relocated to Naija and left his wife here in the UK. The Woman is sending money to him unfailingly every month  shocked
and no be jazz  grin

grin grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2011
@ Poster, you need serious prayer against the devil that want to take over your home, you need to think deep to know what you have started doing that is hurting your wife, you need to start doing what you have been doing before that makes your wife love you, peace and love brother, what God has join together devil is too small to put it asunder, remember you are not fighting your wife, you are fighting the devil that want to take your wife and destroy your children, remember evil is too much outside there, so don't abandon your children.

Bless you.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

This is my real beef with some Nigerian-American girls. If I want a westernized woman, I'll just stick with the african-american or white chicks  undecided

With that said, not all of them are like this. Just a lot of 'em undecided
LOL See confusion and dilemma. cheesy However on a more serious note Dapobear you are better off sticking with these very Nigerian-American girls as you do share the same background and cultural experience.
Going for an oyibo girl does not quite cut it.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by cougar1: 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

This is my real beef with some Nigerian-American girls. If I want a westernized woman, I'll just stick with the african-american or white chicks  undecided
With that said, not all of them are like this. Just a lot of 'em  undecided

some men actually left their sweethearts in nigeria when travelling with the promise of coming back to get them when they settle abroad. if they don't come back to their sweeties, they are in trouble cos of the broken promises. if they come back to get them as vowed, the chics turn on them and make their lives miserable. i ask again - what should a man do?

buzugee:

bollocks. the cases of childhood sweethearts are extremely negligible and those one always work out. most of the cases are these grown men going home to scout for women they have not met in their lives.

it's not negligible. they are in the larger percentage. most of these men came abroad for their masters degree or hmsp/work permit ish. they left girlfriends in nigeria with the promise of coming back to marry them.

tensor777:

Good question. If he wants to stay in the West then he should simply look for a bride brought up in the West. In that wise both parties would know what to expect from each other.

good point. what if he already had a chic in nigeria before travelling abroad. someone he loves wholeheartedly - he should neglect n let her rot in nigeria?

As for tradition and all that I feel that is neither here nor there in this scenario. It is primarily about power and control within the home. Anyway there is no human reason why a village bride would not embrace such power when she comes over to the West. Who even says that such women were not power hungry themselves even whilst in the village?

this is hardly the point. the question here is. . . . should a man neglect his girlfriend of many years because he is now abroad?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2011
tensor777:

LOL See confusion and dilemma. cheesy However on a more serious note Dapobear you are better off sticking with these very Nigerian-American girls as you do share the same background and cultural experience.
Going for an oyibo girl does not quite cut it.
there are some oyinbo girls with much soul. i have met oyinbo girls who know how to make eba and efo  grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 5:22pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

some men actually left their sweethearts in nigeria when travelling with the promise of coming back to get them when they settle abroad. if they don't come back to their sweeties, they are in trouble cos of the broken promises. if they come back to get them as vowed, the chics turn on them and make their lives miserable. i ask again - what should a man do?

it's not negligible. they are in the larger percentage. most of these men came abroad for their masters degree or hmsp/work permit ish. they left girlfriends in nigeria with the promise of coming back to marry them.

good point. what if he already had a chic in nigeria before travelling abroad. someone he loves wholeheartedly - he should neglect n let her rot in nigeria?

this is hardly the point. the question here is. . . . should a man neglect his girlfriend of many years because he is now abroad?
that would be the case with nigerian men in britain. the ones in america take trips to nigeria searching for village wives to train as nurses in america. it is a trend, especially in the texas area.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

You do keep going on about that chiildhood sweethearts. When there is genuine love and understanding then I think that such marriages very very rarely end up as the ugly stories we have been reading about here, So it is hogwash to even link this to the cases of a Nigerian man going over to Nigeria to import a stranger bride.
That is what we are discussing here. Basically the guy continuing to act as a bully and a tyrant to his bride when she is in the West.

Then there is of course the messy issue of guys with childhood sweethearts in Nigeria but who get married to oyibo women strictly for the greencard or ILR. A lot of these guys just want to play with both ends of the same stick at the same time. How exactly does that one work.?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by cougar1: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
tensor777:

You do keep going on about that chiildhood sweethearts. When there is genuine love and understanding then I think tthet such marriages very very rarely end up as the ugly stories we have been reading about here, So it is hogwash to even link this to the cases of a Nigerian man going over to Nigeria to import a stranger bride.
That is what we are discussing here. Basically the guy continuing to act as a bully and a tyrant to his bride when she is in the West.

is it actually possible for any man to fly to nigeria and bring a strange bride to his home in america? i find this hard to believe. no man is that daft to bring an unknown entity into his house because she wants to be a nurse. there's a certain degree of pretence involved here. these women are cool and down with whatever in nigeria but immediately change their spots once they reach new york.

Then there is of course the messy issue of guys with childhood sweethearts in Nigeria but who get married to oyibo women strictly for the greencard or ILR

that's another story.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by rapjunkie(m): 5:41pm On Jan 05, 2011
the guy is is silly. what i don't understand is how can his papers still be stuck at the home office while his wife is sorted and the sole signatory to the account? Makes no sense to me.

i would never advise anybody to import a wife/husband UNLESS u know them already. It always end in tears.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2011
and to the guys who said they dont like doing housework, or carrying grocery or doing the dishes, is this your ego speaking or were you just born a chauvinistic overbearing prehistoric curmudgeon ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him / 22 Children’s Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes / Desperate Father Uses Daughter As A Collateral For N600,000 Loan (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.