Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,680 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad (33835 Views)

I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It / Ex Gf Or Real Wife Abroad?advice Needed / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2011
Too many holes in this story abeg. He came here first, brought his wife and she don get stay and his own is still pending undecided  Dude's telling porkies jare
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by chiogo(f): 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2011
Well, well, well. . . . same 'ol same 'ol
Just divorce her before you kill her, ok? I'm sure your kids would appreciate having divorced parents than having no mother at all.

Hmph, for once I agree with buzugee. . . . and dayokanu tongue
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 6:02pm On Jan 05, 2011
chiogo:

Well, well, well. . . . same 'ol same 'ol
Just divorce her before you kill her, ok? I'm sure your kids would appreciate having divorced parents than having no mother at all.

Hmph, for once I agree with buzugee. . . . and dayokanu tongue
glad we can see eye to eye on this here issue grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 05, 2011
Excuse me but what is all this talk about marrying a woman from Nigeria being a wrong and dastardly move? I was up here in Oyibo land for 2 years before travelling back to Naija for Christmas in 2006 and trust me, after i returned back to Oyibo land, i immediately broke up with the girl i was going out with here and asked to be completely left alone because there was just that special thing i saw in Nigerian girls when i went back that reminded of why i love them so much.

Now, days started going by, and believe me, i tried so much to find a beautiful, nice shaped, rounded and decent Nigerian or black african girl (since you would never catch me cold dating an african American girl), but there was just none that fits my taste. The best i could find was an eritrean girl of which i later found that she already had a baby in Eritrea while younger and i decided to end it. The only ones that kept showing up in my face were white girls, whom i believe i have no future with because i would want my offsprings to know about my heritage and follow it, even after some keep asking me to marry them and that they are ready to follow me to Nigeria for as long as i want but i wouldn't want to give my Mama a heart attack.

Now, i travelled back to Nigeria this past Christmas (2010) and believe me, it is only Nigerian girls now or nothing and since the ones i feel are my type here are either married or wasting their time with old wrinkled white men, i would be getting my Wifey from Naija, come rain or shine. The kind of beautiful girls i saw when i travelled to the East and in Lagos this december are still a shock to me. It got to a point that i almost refused to return back here to oyibo land. Can you imagine that i almost shed tears when i saw that poster at Murtala Muhammed Airport, after passing immigration and heading towards gate 55, that shows the Nigerian flag and reads ''missing you already o!'' because i know i wouldn't see such beautiful Naija girls anymore. But that is why i would be heading back to Naija this june to interact with those chicks again.

So what i am saying is this, even though i wholly understand the sentiment against going back to Naija to get a Wifey, i believe these things have to do with how you positioned yourself, the degree of truth you told before marriage, circumstances under which you met your spouse and a little bit of God's favour. Afterall, the girl that my Brother in New York, dated for 8 years who was in Nigeria, left him 5 months after she came to US. So there is no guarantee that long courtship would lead to a blissful marriage so me, i would be returning to Naija for Wifey, when the time is ripe. Screw all these stories.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

you are jumping into conclusion so fast here. many of these men had these babes as spouses before the men left nigeria. they were in a relationship and i see nothing wrong with a man going back home to take his fiancee abroad and marry. 90% of these cases are long term relationships so i cannot blame the men for the wrong doings of the naija women.

In most cases a 38yr old man going to marry a 22 yr old from village probably never met her before going abroad.

Most guys just call their aunts and relations who hook them up with "My friends daughter-She is a good christian"

Another thing If you have left Nigeria for more than 3yrs, Its better to cut all those relationship back home. The person you knew 3yrs ago would be very different from now.

probably she was in school when you left, Now she is working and levels don change, You would still have the picture of the greenhorn girl you left behind and phone calls, 2 weeks visit cant tell you the whole story about the change.

Before I left naija, i cut off all hopefuls so No one wld accuse me of breaking hearts. You are going to a foreign land You can "make it" in 2 yrs and you might "make it" in 20yrs why keep someone waiting? Moreover cost of calling card no be joke.

I know a girl with a bf in Naija, Over 2yrs she spent over $12k on calling cards. The guy is now with her in the US sha

so what should a man do? marry abroad or marry a girl based in nigeria? the women here have their issues. they have been "westernized". they have lost touch with the african tradition and they want to be whiter than the white women. the ones in nigeria on the other hand cannot be trusted to maintain the same behaviour once they get abroad.

I would rather deal with a known devil than a devil in disguise. A known devil you would never open a joint account or you fund the joint account minimally, You would have had back up funds offshore, You make sure your house is in your fathers name so in case of divorce she doesnt take it. But with the "angel you would trust her with everything thinking you are safe until you find out.

have you seen when we JJC from naija decide to go wild? You would open your mouth.

One day one of my friend they were coming from the club and just came to my house with this girl. From her accent I knew she is just from Naija and she too confirmed it. She was dangerously drunk. I swear . They came in, I went to get them drinks from the fridge and before I came to the living room, she has already popped the guys cork out and blowing it in my presence. She was brought here by one 40 something Naija man with "ori-olori" as his wife and she was doing everyone.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 05, 2011
One day one of my friend they were coming from the club and just came to my house with this girl. From her accent I knew she is just from Naija and she too confirmed it. She was dangerously drunk. I swear . They came in, I went to get them drinks from the fridge and before I came to the living room, she has already popped the guys cork out and blowing it in my presence. She was brought here by one 40 something Naija man with "ori-olori" as his wife and she was doing everyone.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 6:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
Bandit C.:

Now, days started going by, and believe me, i tried so much to find a beautiful, nice shaped, rounded and decent Nigerian or black african girl (since you would never catch me cold dating an african American girl),So what i am saying is this, even though i wholly understand the sentiment against going back to Naija to get a Wifey, i believe these things have to do with how you positioned yourself, the degree of truth you told before marriage, circumstances under which you met your spouse and a little bit of God's favour. Afterall, the girl that my Brother in New York, dated for 8 years who was in Nigeria, left him 5 months after she came to US. So there is no guarantee that long courtship would lead to a blissful marriage so me, i would be returning to Naija for Wifey, when the time is ripe. Screw all these stories.
Do what you like. You have been going down with oyibo girls meanwhile though you profess to hate akata girls and cannot for some odd reason get a Nigerian American girl What is all that about
You do need to resolve these issues you seem have BEFORE even thinking about going to import a bride from Nigeria. Think sequence- logic- progression. You already have issues with black girls in the states. That is a red flag. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2011
The way you guys are using the phrase "import a bride" make it sound like buying a car or something. Importer and exporters  grin grin grin grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2011
Bandit C.:

Excuse me but what is all this talk about marrying a woman from Nigeria being a wrong and dastardly move? I was up here in Oyibo land for 2 years before travelling back to Naija for Christmas in 2006 and trust me, after i returned back to Oyibo land, i immediately broke up with the girl i was going out with here and asked to be completely left alone because there was just that special thing i saw in Nigerian girls when i went back that reminded of why i love them so much.

Now, days started going by, and believe me, i tried so much to find a beautiful, nice shaped, rounded and decent Nigerian or black african girl (since you would never catch me cold dating an african American girl), but there was just none that fits my taste. The best i could find was an eritrean girl of which i later found that she already had a baby in Eritrea while younger and i decided to end it. The only ones that kept showing up in my face were white girls, whom i believe i have no future with because i would want my offsprings to know about my heritage and follow it, even after some keep asking me to marry them and that they are ready to follow me to Nigeria for as long as i want but i wouldn't want to give my Mama a heart attack.

Now, i travelled back to Nigeria this past Christmas (2010) and believe me, it is only Nigerian girls now or nothing and since the ones i feel are my type here are either married or wasting their time with old wrinkled white men, i would be getting my Wifey from Naija, come rain or shine. The kind of beautiful girls i saw when i travelled to the East and in Lagos this december are still a shock to me. It got to a point that i almost refused to return back here to oyibo land. Can you imagine that i almost shed tears when i saw that poster at Murtala Muhammed Airport, after passing immigration and heading towards gate 55, that shows the Nigerian flag and reads ''missing you already o!'' because i know i wouldn't see such beautiful Naija girls anymore. But that is why i would be heading back to Naija this june to interact with those chicks again.

So what i am saying is this, even though i wholly understand the sentiment against going back to Naija to get a Wifey, i believe these things have to do with how you positioned yourself, the degree of truth you told before marriage, circumstances under which you met your spouse and a little bit of God's favour. Afterall, the girl that my Brother in New York, dated for 8 years who was in Nigeria, left him 5 months after she came to US. So there is no guarantee that long courtship would lead to a blissful marriage so me, i would be returning to Naija for Wifey, when the time is ripe. Screw all these stories.
that pretty much sums you up. you are a superficial person. your actions and desires are driven by the superficial. you mean you cant find ONE woman in frankfurt who you are compartible with ?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by bigdoo: 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2011
You are not alone in your plight. I lived for four and half years with my wife in Nigeria before coming to UK. We came for no other reason than for the fact that we could not have children back in Nigeria. It happened that just after five months of our marriage, I took her to UK for a holiday and she became pregnant. However as soon as we arrived back to Nigeria she lost the pregnancy. After waiting for four years and doing all the necessary tests, which confirmed that there was no serious problem with any of us, still my wife could not conceive. So I decided that God must have shown me the sign that I should have my children in UK and not Nigeria. When I had my leave, which was for 6 weeks, I decided to take my wife to UK again for holidays and also to see if she could get pregnant again as before. And to our greatest surprise it happened again even after three weeks of our stay in UK without having to see a doctor for any treatment. So I decided that UK is my promised land and we should remain there.

During our stay in Nigeria before living for UK, I earned more than ten times my wife. She did not have a good job but I had a great job that catered for both of us. In fact I could work for an entire year without having to withdraw any money from my salary as I got more than twice my salary coming in every month by way of allowances for out of station assignments. I drove a good car and lived in a comfortable flat. I provided everything my wife wanted and even did not buy much for myself. I looked after my wife as if she was a queen. I was the person who fought for my entire family to become citizens in UK; she did not contribute anything towards that. I went through every immigration hurdle until we all got our residency and then citizenship. But all of that is music to my wife’s ears now. This is a woman who came to me with rags and I transformed her within the first one year of our marriage. I bought all her wear and shoes from UK and really did not bother much about myself. She has been the cause of every quarrel and misunderstanding we have ever had since our marriage. Even when I asked her often to tell me one occasion that I had offended her, she had not been able to mention one singe occasion when I ever started any trouble.

The real problem started after my wife completed her training as a nurse and started earning some big money mainly due to overtime work and working during unsociable hours. We had always kept our money together and ran our accounts as joint accounts. My wife decided to run her own personal account where all her salary is paid into. She then decides how much out of her salary she pays into our joint account. She stopped listening to whatever I say but instead listened to her colleagues at work and friends. When I confronted her about her change in attitude, she told me that “the character a woman shows when she was coming into a marriage is not what she shows afterwards”. She has turned all our children against me and dictates to the children whatever she likes even when I am opposed to her directives. However our children are grown up with some of them already in universities.

On one occasion I went to Nigeria and reported her bad behaviours to her mother and before I returned back to UK she went and reported me to the police. I asked her why she reported me to police and she said that she consulted her brothers in Nigeria and they advised her to report me to police fearing there could be violence when I returned to UK. I went to the police in UK and asked them to show me the statement she made against me. But the police said that for confidentiality, they were not allowed to tell me about my wife’s report against me. So I decided to make my own report there against her. Nowadays we hardly talk to each other and I am making every effort to establish myself in Nigeria and only visit UK when necessary. Our women do not know how to repay us for our kindness and goodness towards them. Instead they see us as ladder to climb to greater heights.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2011
dayokanu:

In most cases a 38yr old man going to marry a 22 yr old from village probably never met her before going abroad.

Most guys just call their aunts and relations who hook them up with "My friends daughter-She is a good christian"

Another thing If you have left Nigeria for more than 3yrs, Its better to cut all those relationship back home. The person you knew 3yrs ago would be very different from now.

probably she was in school when you left, Now she is working and levels don change, You would still have the picture of the greenhorn girl you left behind and phone calls, 2 weeks visit cant tell you the whole story about the change.

Before I left naija, i cut off all hopefuls so No one wld accuse me of breaking hearts. You are going to a foreign land You can "make it" in 2 yrs and you might "make it" in 20yrs why keep someone waiting? Moreover cost of calling card no be joke.

I know a girl with a bf in Naija, Over 2yrs she spent over $12k on calling cards. The guy is now with her in the US sha

I would rather deal with a known devil than a devil in disguise. A known devil you would never open a joint account or you fund the joint account minimally, You would have had back up funds offshore, You make sure your house is in your fathers name so in case of divorce she doesnt take it. But with the "angel you would trust her with everything thinking you are safe until you find out.

have you seen when we JJC from naija decide to go wild? You would open your mouth.

that is a very HEADstrong woman. she has a bright future in HEADhunting. i can bet you when she was in school she was the HEADmasters pet. i bet she is the HEAD-honcho in her sorority.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2011
bandit C

Do you think you would know the girl enough to marry her? or you think phone communication and facebook with occasional year end visit to Naija would tell the whole story?

BTW even a girl who might not like you naturally in naija with the allure of America and green card would play nice for now.

So look before you leap
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by chiogo(f): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
tensor777:

Do what you like. You have been going down with oyibo girls meanwhile though you profess to hate akata girls and cannot for some odd reason get a Nigerian American girl What is all that about
You do need to resolve these issues you seem have BEFORE even thinking about going to import a bride from Nigeria.
Exactly, I don't know where he is but America is too big to not find someone compatible, Nigerians are all over this country so it's definitely a personal issue to be worked on if it's that hard to find someone. He kept talking about beauty, there are lots of beautiful Nigerian girls home and abroad, the issue is what happens after the attraction. If a Nigerian man wants to bring a bride over, he has to be very open-minded and not expect to live a naija lifestyle(he might as well go live in naija) but the thing is many of them who do actually want to live a naija lifestyle abroad. Very hilarious! Usually control freaks, that's already a marriage bound to fail because she cannot live like she's still in naija when she's not. It's that simple.

naijababe:

The way you guys are using the phrase "import a bride" make it sound like buying a car or something. Importer and exporters  grin grin grin grin
To those chauvinists, it's a trade by barter issue oo. The term, import is in order grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 6:42pm On Jan 05, 2011
bigdoo:

You are not alone in your plight.  I lived for four and half years with my wife in Nigeria before coming to UK.  We came for no other reason than for the fact that we could not have children back in Nigeria.  It happened that just after five months of our marriage, I took her to UK for a holiday and she became pregnant.  However as soon as we arrived back to Nigeria she lost the pregnancy.  After waiting for four years and doing all the necessary tests, which confirmed that there was no serious problem with any of us, still my wife could not conceive.  So I decided that God must have shown me the sign that I should have my children in UK and not Nigeria.  When I had my leave, which was for 6 weeks, I decided to take my wife to UK again for holidays and also to see if she could get pregnant again as before.  And to our greatest surprise it happened again even after three weeks of our stay in UK without having to see a doctor for any treatment.  So I decided that UK is my promised land and we should remain there.

During our stay in Nigeria before living for UK, I earned more than ten times my wife.  She did not have a good job but I had a great job that catered for both of us.  In fact I could work for an entire year without having to withdraw any money from my salary as I got more than twice my salary coming in every month by way of allowances for out of station assignments.  I drove a good car and lived in a comfortable flat.  I provided everything my wife wanted and even did not buy much for myself.  I looked after my wife as if she was a queen.  I was the person who fought for my entire family to become citizens in UK; she did not contribute anything towards that.  I went through every immigration hurdle until we all got our residency and then citizenship.  But all of that is music to my wife’s ears now.  This is a woman who came to me with rags and I transformed her within the first one year of our marriage.  I bought all her wear and shoes from UK and really did not bother much about myself.  She has been the cause of every quarrel and misunderstanding we have ever had since our marriage.  Even when I asked her often to tell me one occasion that I had offended her, she had not been able to mention one singe occasion when I ever started any trouble.

The real problem started after my wife completed her training as a nurse and started earning some big money mainly due to overtime work and working during unsociable hours.  We had always kept our money together and ran our accounts as joint accounts.  My wife decided to run her own personal account where all her salary is paid into.  She then decides how much out of her salary she pays into our joint account.  She stopped listening to whatever I say but instead listened to her colleagues at work and friends.  When I confronted her about her change in attitude, she told me that “the character a woman shows when she was coming into a marriage is not what she shows afterwards”.  She has turned all our children against me and dictates to the children whatever she likes even when I am opposed to her directives.  However our children are grown up with some of them already in universities.

On one occasion I went to Nigeria and reported her bad behaviours to her mother and before I returned back to UK she went and reported me to the police.  I asked her why she reported me to police and she said that she consulted her brothers in Nigeria and they advised her to report me to police fearing there could be violence when I returned to UK.  I went to the police in UK and asked them to show me the statement she made against me.  But the police said that for confidentiality, they were not allowed to tell me about my wife’s report against me.  So I decided to make my own report there against her.  Nowadays we hardly talk to each other and I am making every effort to establish myself in Nigeria and only visit UK when necessary.  Our women do not know how to repay us for our kindness and goodness towards them.  Instead they see us as ladder to climb to greater heights.

touching story. sorry to hear about your circumstances but i think there is a big lesson in this for all of us. IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT TRY TO FIX IT. you were in nigeria earning gazillion naira. earning ten times the amount your wife earns, good life, you travelled to london when you felt like it and a good car. then you gave that all up to move to london ? shocked shocked

the second lesson is that JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS YOUR SPOUSE DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU OPEN UP YOURSELF 100 PERCENT TO THEM. a lot of people are spouses of convenience and will bounce as soon as their condition improves.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2011
Some women just wanna take dudes for a ride  undecided
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 05, 2011
tensor777:

You do need to resolve these issues you seem have BEFORE even thinking about going to import a bride from Nigeria. Think sequence- logic- progression. You already have issues with black girls in the states. That is a red flag. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Sorry Bro but i live in Frankfurt, Germany and believe me when i tell you that there are just no Nigerian girls to find here that fit my taste and the ones i see that i feel are my type and  i'll repeat myself ''are either married or wasting their time with wrinkled old white men''.

When i say ''african american girls'' i am actually talking about you know ''african american girls'' not Nigerian girls living in the US. There are lots of ''african american girls'' here since here is crawling with US Army Military Cantonments, you get me now. If i were in the US or UK, i know this wouldn't be a slight problem for me. Actually at the airport in Frankfurt while going back to Naija, i met some awesome naija american chicks whom i got to know well but wouldn't wanna get in a relationship with because long distance relationships are just not my cup of tea.

I visit the US every now and then and meet these beautiful naija american girls at occasions or something but wouldn't be committed because of distance, because it ain't my thing like i said above. For the record though, i am not superficial because i really do prefer beautiful girls and i do not and never would hate black girls on any occasion, even if my life depended on it but i prefer not to date ''african american girls'' for reasons best known to me.

You get me now.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by TewMuch: 6:54pm On Jan 05, 2011
This happened to my uncle even as far back as the 60's. He brought a Nigerian woman to marry in London. This guy was very sucessful back then and listened to his parents to dump his foreign girlfriend for a Nigerian woman. You should see my uncle today, my father feeds him. This woman made him sell everything and move to Nigeria, and when he got broke she left him. In her old age she has boyfriends and has turned the man's children against him to where they dont even give him kobo. This man's life is so pathetic, i dont know if it is jazz, but the man went through hell. She is the most badly behaved woman i know even in old age. I am sure the man regrets listening to his parents. Love who you are with and dont go and put yourself in trouble, by living one dream. Times have changed and never see, come see people are very dangerous.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by chiogo(f): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2011
Bandit C.:

Sorry Bro but i live in Frankfurt, Germany and believe me when i tell you that there are just no Nigerian girls to find here that fit my taste and the ones i see that i feel are my type and  i'll repeat myself ''are either married or wasting their time with wrinkled old white men''.

When i say ''african american girls'' i am actually talking about you know ''african american girls'' not Nigerian girls living in the US. There are lots of ''african american girls'' here since here is crawling with US Army Military Cantonments, you get me now. If i were in the US or UK, i know this wouldn't be a slight problem for me. Actually at the airport in Frankfurt while going back to Naija, i met some awesome naija american chicks whom i got to know well but wouldn't wanna get in a relationship with because long distance relationships are just not my cup of tea.

I visit the US every now and then and meet these beautiful naija american girls at occasions or something but wouldn't be committed because of distance, because it ain't my thing like i said above. For the record though, i am not superficial because i really do prefer beautiful girls and i do not and never would hate black girls on any occasion, even if my life depended on it but i prefer not to date ''african american girls'' for reasons best known to me.

You get me now.
Wouldn't getting a girl from Naija be a long distance relationship too? How often do you plan on going to Naija?
It kinda makes sense now since you're in Germany, I don't know the demographic for Nigerians there. Oh well, good luck.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2011
Bandit C.:

You get me now.
an oxymoron if i ever saw one
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ekubear1: 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2011
I still wonder why Indians never have this sort of issue. They import their wives from home or wherever and don't have any problems (at least, to my knowledge.)

Bleh. Why can an Indian dude import a wife successfully and a Nigerian guy cannot?

Not trying to point fingers at anyone, just trying to understand the situation.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 7:00pm On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

Some women just wanna take dudes for a ride  undecided
yeah well they aint gonna be taking this ride cuz i am ridin dirty
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 7:05pm On Jan 05, 2011
TewMuch:

This happened to my uncle even as far back as the 60's. He brought a Nigerian woman to marry in London. This guy was very sucessful back then and listened to his parents to dump his foreign girlfriend for a Nigerian woman. You should see my uncle today, my father feeds him. This woman made him sell everything and move to Nigeria, and when he got broke she left him. In her old age she has boyfriends and has turned the man's children against him to where they dont even give him kobo. This man's life is so pathetic, i dont know if it is jazz, but the man went through hell. She is the most badly behaved woman i know even in old age. I am sure the man regrets listening to his parents. Love who you are with and dont go and put yourself in trouble, by living one dream. Times have changed and never see, come see people are very dangerous.
touching story. i never listen to my parents too. i remember my parents telling me that i need to have a kid (in my mind i am thinking, so if i have a kid will you send me the money to feed him or her ? or am i just having this kid to boost your ego ? )
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2011
buzugee:

an oxymoron if i ever saw one

Sorry bro, try again. It's not an oxymoron but is called being real to oneself. Infact, call it whatever you wish but i know i wouldn't date a girl i find unattractive even if she gives me the world. If preferring beautiful girls to you is an oxymoron and superficial, then i would tell you ''whatever floats your boat''
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

I still wonder why Indians never have this sort of issue. They import their wives from home or wherever and don't have any problems (at least, to my knowledge.)

Bleh. Why can an Indian dude import a wife successfully and a Nigerian guy cannot?

They do go for formal arranged marriages by and large where for one the issue of power in the home which causes so many problems in the contrived marriages of Nigerians is thrashed out before hand by both families. Also the guy in the Indian case would marry someone of his own caste and class.
So again they don't have this issue of a party wanting to act as a bully and tyrant.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

are you seriously asking this question ? do you know about honor killings ? if i had a choice between masturbating in the shower because i cant stand to look at my hairy and belligerent islamic radical husband AND getting decapitated with a sword because i mess around on my husband, i know what i will choose. and my choice will be masturbating.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2011
tensor777:

They do go for formal arranged marriages by and large where for one the issue of power in the home which causes so many problems in the contrived marriages of Nigerians is thrashed out before hand by both families. Also the guy in the Indian case would marry someone of his own caste and class.
So again they don't have this issue of a party wanting to act as a bully and tyrant.
Wrong, I used to work with a lady who was enduring all sorts of abuse from her arrangee husband. She was afraid to leave because she knew another lady in similar circumstances who left and her family turned on her for bringing the family name to shame.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 05, 2011
Bandit C.:

And so what? You have already said you can't stand akata girls. You live in Germany where to be fair there are not a lot of Nigerians BUT there are other black girls that you seem to have deep-seated issues with. I wonder why
I'm just saying that it would be wise to resolve these issues you have with black girls before even thinking of bringing a bride over to the West. That is all.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by thosedays: 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
Why do i have this feeling that someone/some people/ Women in the west most expecialy in the USA are trying so hard to advertise themselfs here,
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 7:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
naijababe:

Wrong, I used to work with a lady who was enduring all sorts of abuse from her arrangee husband. She was afraid to leave because she knew another lady in similar circumstances who left and her family turned on her for bringing the family name to shame.
right right. i see em all the time. these indian women are all suppressed, repressed, compressed, depressed and oppressed by their husbands. but the consequences of rebelling is too great.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 05, 2011
naijababe:

Yes we all know of horror stories in Indian marriages. But even then the family is still involved even if in a violently threatening mode, to call both parties to order.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2011
tensor777:

And so what? You have already said you can't stand akata girls. You live in Germany where to be fair there are not a lot of Nigerians BUT there are other black girls that you seem to have deep-seated issues with. I wonder why
I'm just saying that it would be wise to resolve these issues you have with black girls before even thinking of bringing a bride over to the West. That is all.
that vato only likes women who are purdy. i think thats his problem. i believe there is paucity of purdy black women in frankfurt. he is superficially inclined. i will advise him to take a trip across the border to amsterdam for some sexy Surinamese girls instead of going all the way to nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / A Mother And Her Son Sex Love Toiling - Real Damn Story! (Mom & son sex Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.