Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad (33840 Views)

I Hit Her, I Regret It But She Deserved It / Ex Gf Or Real Wife Abroad?advice Needed / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 9:42pm On Jan 05, 2011
Bandit C.:

Yeah she's aight but she reeks of c.u.m. Yuck.
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 9:43pm On Jan 05, 2011
how old are you guys and how long have you lived in the US or abroad?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2011
You hit the nail on the head, they need counseling. They need to work out their problems not just for them but for the kids that are involved. An unhappy household is not ideal for children.

Also he does not have to be with her to be a good father. If his family does not look down on divorce then, if all else fails that should be an option but he must consider the feelings of his children as a broken home is worst form of punishment but being loved by both parents who have come an agreement is the best thing.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

how old are you guys and how long have you lived in the US or abroad?

old enough to do the horizontal tango
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by cougar1: 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2011
buzugee:

i once had a nigerian girlfriend throw our tv out of the window in london because she was angry  shocked shocked  then one time she was fighting me in the car when i was driving. she nearly drove the both of us over a cliff  embarassed

i called the cops the day a chic attempted it with my tv way-back. she coughed out every penny back. naija chics are not to be pitied especially when they put up such disgusting attitude. would she throw her father's black n white tv out of the window when she was in nigeria?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by chiogo(f): 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2011
buzugee:

i once had a nigerian girlfriend throw our tv out of the window in london because she was angry  shocked shocked  then one time she was fighting me in the car when i was driving. she nearly drove the both of us over a cliff  embarassed
Hmph, you had a crazy Nigerian girlfriend. But that's all your evidence?  tongue
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

i called the cops the day a chic attempted it with my tv way-back. he coughed out every penny back. naija chics are not to be pitied especially when they put up such disgusting attitude. would she throw her father's black n white tv out of the window when she was in nigeria?

what did you guys do to these girls to provoke them that much grin lol

buzugee:

old enough to do the horizontal tango

that's not answering my question. I didn't ask you if you entered puberty. lol I just want to know why all the attachment to naija 'cause it seems you guys have been abroad for a while.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

i called the cops the day a chic attempted it with my tv way-back. he coughed out every penny back. naija chics are not to be pitied especially when they put up such disgusting attitude. would she throw her father's black n white tv out of the window when she was in nigeria?
good question yet funny. but yeah the naija chics i have encountered abroad all seem to be very angry types. dunno why sha.  undecided
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2011
Bandit C.:

@ Tensor, you sure are hard headed aren't you  undecided. You just refuse to see things from my perspective.

I don't know about you, but Leona Lewis looks as black as most chicks i see on the streets of Enugu where i am from. And what is with the ''oyibos are really your type of woman but for cultural reasons you would prefer a Nigerian bride'' remark? huh. I guess you decided to totally ignore the other naija damsels on that list. It says more about where you are headed to with this discussion than what my preferences are in women.
Looks black ? What exactly does that mean. She is of Afro-Guyanese- Italian -Welsh descent and was born in Islington, London. Anyway she happens to be very fair complexioned as to be almost white. Certainly not a typical Nigerian damsel
However their are plenty of these exotic damsels in London.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2011
chiogo:

Hmph, you had a crazy Nigerian girlfriend. But that's all your evidence?  tongue
oh yeah she was crazy alright. the straw that broke the camels back was when she tried to harvest my kidney with the kitchen knife  shocked i pick race.
but ermmm my evidence is numerous. i have friends and family all married to nigerian women and i see the women all bossy and thangs. nothing wrong with being bossy when it is necessary. but to be unnecessarily bossy is just crazy.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by cougar1: 9:55pm On Jan 05, 2011
buzugee:

good question yet funny. but yeah the naija chics i have encountered abroad all seem to be very angry types. dunno why sha.  undecided

truth be told, the stress in this country can be depressing. the cold weather, occasional boredom and other variables also contribute to their aggression but even then, a woman must behave like a lady - not like an agbero.

Jenifa_:

little argument is enough to spark them into life.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

that's not answering my question. I didn't ask you if you entered puberty. lol I just want to know why all the attachment to naija 'cause it seems you guys have been abroad for a while.
oh my bad hun lol. well as a nigerian you are always attached to nigeria. does not matter how long you are gone for. it is a spiritual attachment.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 10:00pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

truth be told, the stress in this country can be depressing. the cold weather, occasional boredom and other variables also contribute to their aggression but even then, a woman must behave like a lady - not like an agbero.

little argument is enough to spark them into life.
lmao. you have said it all. the harsh life, cold weather, hustling and impending biological clock gauging makes them extremely angry abroad. lol @ agbero grin grin grin and you are right. it dont take much to spark the flame grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by chiogo(f): 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2011
grin grin grin
Buzugee, you're a mess.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by cougar1: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2011
buzugee:

lmao. you have said it all. the harsh life, cold weather, hustling and impending biological clock gauging makes them extremely angry abroad. lol @ agbero  grin grin grin and you are right. it dont take much to spark the flame  grin

anything as little as who holds the remote control or why you received a call late in the night. it's sometimes baffling when these chics start their drama. and when you take your car keys during their drama, they block the doorway that you ain't going nowhere.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2011
chiogo:

grin grin grin
Buzugee, you're a mess.
dunno bou all dat  grin grin
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by roymary: 10:05pm On Jan 05, 2011
Never trust anything that bleeds for 3-5 straight days and doesn't fu cking die.  This women no dey feel the lonliness and rejection that men have to put up with. 98% of women does is sit around, look pretty and wait for us to do something. I wish they could feel one moment of what it takes to put up with their crap. Pretty sure they can't handle it.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 10:09pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

anything as little as who holds the remote control or why you received a call late in the night. it's sometimes baffling when these chics start their drama. and when you take your car keys during their drama, they block the doorway that you ain't going nowhere.
lmao you ain never lied bruh.  grin grin memorys men. in london its always some kinda drama between the men and the women. either someone is cheating or some guys butt just got whooped by his girl because she suspect he is cheating. london police are tired of getting domestic dispute calls from nigerian couples sef. always whooping each others butt. its crazy mayne.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Jenifa1: 10:10pm On Jan 05, 2011
well then I see nothing wrong with marrying from naija. I've met people who married from naija with no problem actually. To me, it's a function of age and mentality. Older men in their late 30s and 40s or if they are uneducated will be less successful than guys who are younger and already westernized to some extent.

For me, I cannot in a lifetime picture myself married to a nigerian person who grew up his entire life in Nigeria. I puke in my mouth a little at the mere thought of it. Has to be someone born here (any race) or came here at a younger age. preteen or early teen at most (also any race).

2) I am really hard to move when it comes to girls and their swagger, i just don't know why. If i don't not find a girl attractive now, it wouldn't change after downing 6 glasses of Hennesy and Red bull. Could be because of my many encounters with girls in my lifetime.

you must be really young. This kind of one night stand attraction you are describing is not what you should be looking for in marriage. That kind grows over time from friendship. at least that's my opinion. lol but I agree that attraction plays some role.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by cougar1: 10:11pm On Jan 05, 2011
roymary:

Never trust anything that bleeds for 3-5 straight days and doesn't fu cking die.  This women no dey feel the lonliness and rejection that men have to put up with. 98% of women does is sit around, look pretty and wait for us to do something. I wish they could feel one moment of what it takes to put up with their crap. Pretty sure they can't handle it.

this is mad funny. grin

buzugee:

lmao you ain never lied bruh.  grin grin memorys men

i am still searching for a nigerian woman in london though. if you have any you can recommend, hit my fone.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Genius100: 10:12pm On Jan 05, 2011
Bandit C.:

Thank you so much Bro. At least you know where i am coming from. I can tell you this, i have this thing with getting women, even while i was still a yound lad fresh out of secondary school, i was still bagging chicks, hate to say this but even ones who use to come to see my sisters (i have 4 girls before me). Here in Europe, it is even worse, because you rarely need anything to woo chicks up here but my problem lies in the fact that

1) I am really close to my mom (being the last child out of 8 children) and enjoys doing whatever she advices me since she has never given me an advice that didn't turn out well before. She always chats with me, even as a young kid about my core naija wife and my little son/ daughter visiting her.

2) I am really hard to move when it comes to girls and their swagger, i just don't know why. If i do not find a girl attractive now, it wouldn't change after downing 6 glasses of Hennesy and Red bull. Could be because of my many encounters with girls in my lifetime.

3) I am easily bored by white women and cannot picture myself getting married for life to any. Maybe it could be because of how unstable and unpredictable they are.

4) It is difficult, up here to find a black and white couple, whose marriage made it into the middle ages of 45, 50 and up.

5) I would never want to divorce any woman i tell ''i do'' today unless she opts for it because i want a happy home.

6) I have a weakness for ''naija chicks'' that i always see in Nigeria whenever i travel for example. Not saying that there ain't those type here but believe me Bro, they are quite difficult to find.

Contrary to what most might think here, i am a liberal type and believe in individualism and would never marry a woman because i believe she is naive,can be controlled and wouldn't know her rights, No. I would rather a well educated wife who can stand on her own and make decisions she finds appropriate without involving me so the ''chauvinist'' case does not apply to me.

But the thing is, i would like to marry a chick ''from Naija'' simple.

Ol boy, if you want to marry a very pretty chick from Naija, just recognize the fact that there is a very great chance that Aristo don chop am like crazy. I have nothing against Naija chicks in Naija but that's just the way it is. I am also a connoisseur of extremely pretty women. I don chop the baddest babes from Brazil, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Bahamas, Australia etc. When I go to Naija, I only chop the baddest chycks over there, Infact next time I go, maybe na Nollywood chicks I go dey chop  grin grin. Anyways, my point is that the way the Nigerian system is structured, Aristos go at the prettiest Naija chicks with everything they got. They fly them to London, South Africa etc. Even if the girls have a good head on their shoulders, it's only a matter of time before they succumb to the wiles of the moneybag Aristos. If that does not bother you, then it's all good.

My other advice is that you should not leave anything to chance. Spend a whole lot of time with the woman you intend to marry, and try to sniff out hidden characters that usually come out after marriage. If you are perceptive, you will easily find them. Also, develop yourself very well at your home base. A lot of Naija clowns in yankee are cab drivers, they go home to marry the baddest chick they can find. Bring her to yankee, spend all their money sending her to nursing school. When the girl graduates and starts to make money, then she begins to look down on her cab driver husband that did not develop himself. Don't let that happen to you.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2011
cou-gar:

this is mad funny. grin

i am still searching for a nigerian woman in london though. if you have any you can recommend, hit my fone.

if you want a peaceful nigerian woman i would recommend birmingham. the ones in london are all stressed out and angry  grin CREDIT CRUNCH
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2011
roymary:

oh dear grin grin grin shocked
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

you must be really young. This kind of one night stand attraction you are describing is not what you should be looking for in marriage. That kind grows over time from friendship. at least that's my opinion. lol but I agree that attraction plays some role.
The guy is just seriously misyarning. grin Someone looking for a life partner is seemingly obsessed with superficial things like beauty. Yes there has to be that physical attraction in the first place but there are other mich more vital things to look for. Things like character, comportment, attitude,temperament and faith.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Orton10(m): 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2011
^

wtf? ? ?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Orton10(m): 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
^

wtf? ? ?
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by MOBO444(f): 10:22pm On Jan 05, 2011
You are in trouble.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by buzugee(m): 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

well then I see nothing wrong with marrying from naija. I've met people who married from naija with no problem actually. To me, it's a function of age and mentality. Older men in their late 30s and 40s or if they are uneducated will be less successful than guys who are younger and already westernized to some extent.

For me, I cannot in a lifetime picture myself married to a nigerian person who grew up his entire life in Nigeria. I puke in my mouth a little at the mere thought of it. Has to be someone born here (any race) or came here at a younger age. preteen or early teen at most (also any race).

you know it has nothing to do with age, place of upbringing or whatever else you may conjure. its all about upbringing. i believe it is a 'class' construct. you will find out that people raised in upper class and upper middle class in nigeria (what we so succinctly call 'ajebutters') are more metrosexual. they believe that domestic work should be shared out, they are heavily vested in romance, they are even somewhat westernized even though they may have never left nigeria at all. then there is the other half who grew up in households with domineering archaic fathers (almost always a lower middle class or lower class ) who are so vested in 'manhood' and feel its is the wifes role to do certain things etc etc. those are the types you want to stay away from. so i wouldnt chalk it up to age or place of upbringing.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2011
Jenifa_:

Hmmmh!! I guess it has degenerated to insults. Telling me i must be young now, huh. Typical naija man way of arguing, when you have nothing else worthwhile to say, try to ridicule the other party and call him juvenile. You are probably not as old as i am but i'll take the insult. Anyway, i am young enough to know that it is something that would spark an interest in you to approach a lady and if that thing doesn't pick up at the initial encounter, i wonder how this relationship that transcends a one night stand would even pick uo.

Think before you express yourself.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by ruffrider(f): 10:27pm On Jan 05, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]I am goin to share some fustration on this one;  You guys always think that your women understands you best, but it's not true all the time.  You guys come to the States, play with the American women, married them, divorce them, and go back home and marry your lady.  It is not right.  angry angry angry angry
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by chiogo(f): 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2011
haha, this thread has turned into something else. Chai, Nigerians got issues sha.  grin
But I still want a Nigerian for marriage. Crazy, right?  tongue

Jenifa_:

LOL, I always say that too but there are exceptions. Not all of 'em are prehistoric, control freaks. You might even find some with the character you're avoiding here in the States. I think Naija people are all the same, home and abroad. . .if you can see thru some of the hypocrisy  cheesy

One just needs to find someone they're on a common ground with, not someone you raised from rags to riches, same mind-set, especially not marry through some arrangement(although, not all of them are failures), actually get to know the person for a while before marriage, and definitely not keep a long-distance relationship before marriage.
Re: I Regret Bringing My Wife Abroad by dayokanu(m): 10:28pm On Jan 05, 2011
she shouldn't have been drinking in the first place. but that sounds like R.APE to me. stuff like that can get you into trouble with the police if the girl cries foul.

She is of age and they were well acquainted. I am not sure where ra-pe would come into it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / A Mother And Her Son Sex Love Toiling - Real Damn Story! (Mom & son sex Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.