Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:51 PM

Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown (86406 Views)

NERC Mulls Another Electricity Tariffs Review / Akeredolu Mulls Defection To AA As APC Considers His Suspension / Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 09, 2020
kkkp:
Nigerians no dey hear word na
Lagosian not Nigerian, Akpa amụ

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by xreal: 9:38pm On May 09, 2020
Jostoman:
So na only covid-19 work sanwo olu dey do now abi

That is where the money is - this period.

Lockdown can never be achieved without palliative.

Another lockdown without palliative will birth gangs that will target bourdillon homes of the rich.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Razeed: 9:38pm On May 09, 2020
Simple truth but you are very funny. You made me laughed like never before.
KingKingKing:
Nigerians are very stubborn people!

There was a lockdown they whined and said the Govt was insensitive! They said okay we would ease the lockdown,all you gotta do would be to wear facemasks and gloves, we said okay!

Lockdown was eased and people flouted these rules , refused to wear face Masks, gloves and observe social distancing! Most Nigerians are foolish, stupid and ignorant!

Sanwo olu please lock us Down for 5 months except there's an improvement before then, then throw the keys into the Atlantic ocean!

WE GO LEARN BY FORCE

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Jakemedg(m): 9:39pm On May 09, 2020
boyjo:

It WON'T.
It didn't curtail it during the one month lockdown, it won't now.

Lockdown IS NOT the solution.
Lockdown is tyrannical.
Governor Sanwo-olu listen to the pulse of your people.
how is lockdown tyrannical?

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by bolaji3071(m): 9:39pm On May 09, 2020
Seriously, putting the state on another lockdown will be a very foolish thing to do.

The earlier lockdown had little or no impact in the number of cases that are being recorded daily.

So, why another lockdown again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by boyjo: 9:39pm On May 09, 2020
beautyhd:
Anticipated.

I went to market today and realized that many people aren't bothered about this covid 19, many buyers and sellers without face mask.

No form of social distancing maintained.

This same set of people will start screaming if another lockdown is enforced. They will or have ended up jeopardizing govt efforts for the past 6 weeks.

All the market Men and women are wearing mask. At the banks, and in buses.
Lockdown WON'T curtail anything.

Lockdown is tyrannical.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Kasieze(m): 9:39pm On May 09, 2020
You think people will obey any rule. I don't even know why you open up the state.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Homiesjinxbank: 9:39pm On May 09, 2020
Please lockdown lagos.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by CanadaOrBust: 9:39pm On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:
grin
Americans with all there useless Human Right Groups, Stupid Protest and Conspiracy Theorist calling it an Hoax and thinking its a joke has lost 70,000 souls

Actually it is now over 80,000
See below

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by ignis: 9:40pm On May 09, 2020
Expect total lockdown in Lagos next week

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 09, 2020
Even with this threat, people will not listen..... they have tasted freedom of hustling with the covid-19 situation, it will take force to drive them back inside. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by clericuzzio(m): 9:41pm On May 09, 2020
Nonsense. They are waiting for the masses to protest and probably start a civil unrest.
The Covid-19 is not a serious case here in Nigeria cos we are not the target of this biological warfare.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by boyjo: 9:41pm On May 09, 2020
Razeed:
Simple truth but you are very funny. You made me laughed like never before.

The only day this rule was flouted was on May 4th.
Our market Men and women, and people in the bus and banks and on the streets are all wearing masks now.

Lockdown is tyrannical.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by dayorich: 9:42pm On May 09, 2020
Memberclub:
By next week Lagos will likely be having around 800 cases per day. And the way things are happening in the north is another huge problem.

Good thing I already have my international passport

Your International Passport for you to travel underground?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by malawian0000001: 9:42pm On May 09, 2020
That is how the OPC man came just the second day of reopening to collect his two months dues, this is even as i have yet to have up to three customers. the way i spoke to him ehn, he went home quietly, abeit angrily. I really dont have patience for diplomacy whenever i am stressed monetarily. He is now just begining to go round now to collect his dues. As if there is where lagosians kept these monies they haven't spent.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by stevelawrence: 9:42pm On May 09, 2020
boyjo:

Mr Ebujany
It WON'T curtail anything.

Lockdown is tyrannical.

Why are you spamming the thread and quoting everyone in support of the lockdown as if they are the ones who would take the decision?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Exc2000: 9:42pm On May 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Actually it is now over 80,000
See below

whats happening.. just few days I didn't check scores on them now 80.000
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Rido1(m): 9:42pm On May 09, 2020
Lagosians are too sturborn. cool cool
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by gassbee: 9:43pm On May 09, 2020
I doubt if he carry out a total lock down in lagos, na only FG get such boldness
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by boyjo: 9:43pm On May 09, 2020
KingKingKing:

There was a lockdown they whined and said the Govt was insensitive! They said okay we would ease the lockdown,all you gotta do would be to wear facemasks and gloves, we said okay!

Lockdown was eased and people flouted these rules , refused to wear face Masks, gloves and observe social distancing! Most Nigerians are foolish, stupid and ignorant!

Sanwo olu please lock us Down for 5 months except there's an improvement before then, then throw the keys into the Atlantic ocean!

WE GO LEARN BY FORCE
Our market Men and women, and people in the bus and banks and on the streets are all wearing masks now.

Lockdown is tyrannical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Emmacolinho(m): 9:43pm On May 09, 2020
KingKingKing:

WE GO LEARN BY FORCE
Do you know the pains that people have gone through during this lock down? Do you know the debts that some have incurred? If you live in Lagos which I doubt you'll know that it is overpopulated hence making social distancing difficult and you're here saying gibberish
'Truly person wey them carry for back no know say journey far'

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by favinvest: 9:44pm On May 09, 2020
this is an indirect warning..

start saving money now, start buying food at home..

if u re staying @ the 1 Million boys prone zone... its better to start looking for a way out...

either via relocation & community vigilante..

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by malawian0000001: 9:45pm On May 09, 2020
Exc2000:

whats happening.. just few days I didn't check scores on them now 80.000
80,000 and yet no one can point to any person for his or her area that is suffering from Coronavirus.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by fortran12: 9:45pm On May 09, 2020
xreal:

That is where the money is this period.

Lockdown can never be achieved without palliative.

Another lockdown without palliative will birth gangs that will target bourdillon homes of the rich.
Will pallatives pay the house rent at the end of the month?
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by boyjo: 9:45pm On May 09, 2020
Rido1:
Lagosians are too sturborn. cool cool
Rido

Lockdown is tyrannical.
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Luckydubby7(m): 9:45pm On May 09, 2020
Jakemedg:
how is lockdown tyrannical?
. Those u are locking down do u care what dey will eat? Tomorrow now he go use different type of taxes to recover all d money lost during coro.
Come and see my NEPA for March and April with half salary received from salary from company

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Donaldoni: 9:45pm On May 09, 2020
Forget it Sanwo.

It can't work! This is just a mere threat... kiss

The previous lockdown was a sham... sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by redsun(m): 9:46pm On May 09, 2020
That thing could spread like wildfire ok aces like Lagos if it is not stringently controlled mostly due to congestion and poor sanitation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Emmasnoop(m): 9:46pm On May 09, 2020
Who cares, when we have a useless Government what do u expect from the hungry citizens,you expect motorist to reduce the numbers of passagers they carry when the ticket they buy daily is still very high, stupid idiots.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Zyzxx10: 9:48pm On May 09, 2020
Damn
Re: Coronavirus: Sanwo-Olu Mulls Another Lockdown by Wickedfact: 9:49pm On May 09, 2020
Memberclub:
By next week Lagos will likely be having around 800 cases per day. And the way things are happening in the north is another huge problem.

Good thing I already have my international passport

Abba Kyari had jets at his beck and call, he couldn't travel.

Airports are closed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki And His Sons Watch Arsenal Vs Tottenham Match At Emirates Stadium / Loads Of Foodstuffs Going To South Intercepted At Aminu Kano Airport (Photos) / Shocking American Military Report On Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.