Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,492 members, 7,836,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time (68885 Views)

Meeting Your In-law For Marriage: 6 Questions To Expect As A Guy / Indian Man To Sue His Parents For Giving Birth To Him Without His Consent / Italy-Based Nigerian Man Jails His Parents For Sending Him Pics Of Fake House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by locoster(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2020
snoopanddre:
Don't spend too much time there. Leave when it is time.
You got it.
A good visitor is who knows when to leave.
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Victoria25(f): 6:07pm On May 21, 2020
Noted �
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Davoneskay(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2020
Zizo96:

Na better clown you be...you say wetin bro?? Say you to 4kup grin
Wetin I go do? Better to reject d food than forcibly eating it. Hence, throw up.
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by IbrahimSkiba(f): 6:10pm On May 21, 2020
vvvbobby205:
Are they God?

Don't finish any food given to you? Sorry I hate wasting food

Another way of saying, that you are a foodie abi?
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Firmthepoet(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2020
Greatzeus:
You could just drive there with your Lamborghini,end of discussion grin

My guy my guy, you know the game
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Yoighaman(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2020
uncleFola:
Oga, u see that your No 6 ehn..... I can try not to finish any food given to me..... but make person come offer me some over chilled Green bottles or Vodka with ice make I come say No..... ah e go hard small o.

grin
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 21, 2020
MightySirKay:
Yes and everything you have (properties, assets and cash)
That family does not exist in nigeria...
Lambo of 300million as wardrobe change money?
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Yoighaman(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2020
imohchard:
lol

I DISAGREE strongly with 6.

I feel you should act normal with people you intend to be family with.

Reminds me of a friend of mine, was dating a lady from a very religious family.

On their first date, he took her to a spot. He ordered 2 bottles of Beer for himself. Babe was irritated.
She came back home and told her mom. Her mom, being a wise person, told her to marry that guy. Because he would never pretend or hide anything from her.

They've been married for 10 years now.... And the lady is now a brewery herself. grin grin grin grin wink wink wink

grin

This no. 6 again??
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by sicily4u: 6:18pm On May 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Never use the toilet! No matter how the shit pushes, hold it until you get home.

Why did you say that ?
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by edemsimeon: 6:20pm On May 21, 2020
Don't Sag! Or don't claim to have too much Ego/Kudi/Owo! And be speaking too much Queen's English.
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Chommybaby(f): 6:23pm On May 21, 2020
payperpost:
don't hold condom in your hand while discussing with her parent, hide it
j
OMG!!
You're a clown grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Benwallt(m): 6:24pm On May 21, 2020
That number seven is useless. Some men followed their wife to live permanently in her parents' house.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Risentouch(m): 6:25pm On May 21, 2020
All these rules depends on how much is in your bank
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Godsfavour78: 6:26pm On May 21, 2020
KIA51:
I disagree with you on No: 7
You didn't put into consideration that sometimes they might live in a different state from both you and your partner; example: traveling to Port Harcourt from Abuja to meet with your partner's parents, are you saying that it is possible to leave same day and not spend the night there especially if you are a lady....?
applies only to men. He should rent an hotel
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Godsfavour78: 6:29pm On May 21, 2020
icu4:

Bro what if you are visiting then in a different state and it's a very long journey. Im in this kind of situation currently..
book an hotel. Go to their house from your hotel.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by GboyegaD(m): 6:31pm On May 21, 2020
Lamanii22:
Never complain about the food given to you.... Just eat it with love...

Really? You don't have to complain but you don't have to eat it either. Just be respectful if you have to turn down the offer. Na person wey dey alive dey marry ooo. One thing I know though is that you both should know each other's preference of food and level of spice.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by GboyegaD(m): 6:32pm On May 21, 2020
icu4:

Bro what if you are visiting then in a different state and it's a very long journey. Im in this kind of situation currently..

It's all about your preference. There are no rules to this. If you are comfortable sleeping over, it doesn't take an iota of dignity off you.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Godsfavour78: 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
landry07:
8: And don't forget to drop an envelop for the mother
not on first visit sis. You do that when it is clear you guys are getting married
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by oluwasegun007(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2020
Well said...
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by verifiedlegacy: 6:37pm On May 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Never use the toilet! No matter how the shit pushes, hold it until you get home.

seriously. this one follow too..

make them no perceive latrin abi..

me wil take flagen drug before going.. na 3days of locked stomach
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by verifiedlegacy: 6:39pm On May 21, 2020
Chommybaby:
j OMG!! You're a clown grin grin
chichi. r u married.. I love u and I don't know y
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by emmybernard(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2020
@Op!!! If you be my in law and you wasted my food you are in trouble!!
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by justli: 6:40pm On May 21, 2020
The food thing should be the opposite. Like, try to finish the food they serve. Because for me, that's a big problem. Once food isn't good, I find it extremely difficult eating it. But if the food is good, I'll est it and praise the cook. And trust me, the women love it when I eat their food like it's the source of life, with shower of praise.
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Chommybaby(f): 6:44pm On May 21, 2020
verifiedlegacy:

chichi. r u married.. I love u and I don't know y

I'm single

When you find a reason for the love let me know!! wink wink cool cool
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:44pm On May 21, 2020
Men should not wear covered shoes, it is a sign of arrogance!

Don't ask me who told me o!
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 21, 2020
Chommybaby:
j OMG!! You're a clown grin grin
Chioma Jesus, why?
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by GENIUSCALIBRE(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
Do not compromise your stand on things against your ethics
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by rukis360(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
SweetCunt97:
just imagine u shit very smelly shit in their toilet, I dnt want to think of the shame grin
SweetCunt97:
just imagine u shit very smelly shit in their toilet, I dnt want to think of the shame
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by verifiedlegacy: 6:49pm On May 21, 2020
Chommybaby:

I'm single
When you find a reason for the love let me know!! wink wink cool cool
must there be a reason dear..
Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by ParagonBeauty: 6:49pm On May 21, 2020
This number 7, I want to ask, what if you're coming from a distance place that you can't go back that day, especially if you're a lady, can't you sleep there instead of sleeping else where?

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Not Do When Meeting Your Partner's Parents For The First Time by AreaFada2: 6:49pm On May 21, 2020
Lamanii22:
Never complain about the food given to you.... Just eat it with love...
I do not eat Akpu or Santana for example.
No matter how yummy the soup looks.
If put in that situation I would have politely refused. No offense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Single Neighbor Came Knocking At My Door Late In The Night / Zimbabwean Man Invites Wife's Boyfriend To His House For Sex & He Came / 4 Things You Should Learn To Avoid About Women, If You Want To Live Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.