Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,937 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? (12647 Views)

Ladies What Get You Attracted To A Man? / Guys, Are You Attracted To Tall Or Short Girls? / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Princek12(m): 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2011
You are more likely to run into Jamo, akata, and Islander women with who have wide hips and huge backsides. It is insanely difficult to run across Naija women who possess those characteristics. Naija men love huge backsides and wide hips, and many Naija girls are just straight like one okan.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2011
@mrs chima,

in that case, you are aligning AA with african men and doing the same for AA and african women. I see the point. but what do you think about AA men with African women.  I don't see a lot of that. do you have a possible explanation?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Kadata(m): 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

in what part of my post did I mention the word 'loose'? 
I never said AAs were loose. I do not think they are. Why do you interpret my comment to mean that AAs are loose?

I interpreted it based on the Nigerian context of sexuality as compared to the sexuality of other races without finger-pointing at any race in particular.
Female sexuality is stricto-senso deemed 'loose' in this part of the globe, if it is described as ''expressive'' or ''less frigid''.
Howbeit, I know quite well that racial denominations (aa or not) plays no significant role in morality( it's an everlasting question of choice.)
hope this explains it.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:13pm On Jan 16, 2011
Well, Jenifa.

I understand your annoyance but allow me to share this information with you if you mind.  Back in 1930, America suffered a great depression when the economy crashed.  The president FDR created an act called "The Great Deal" which is modern day welfare system.  The welfare system were created to aid WHITE WOMEN with children.  The act was later modified to help black women with children shortly after the first act was passed because it was unconstitutional to create a federal program for a specific race because the federal government represent all and not parts.  

The stipulations of these programs were:

Single
Children
show great deal of financial need

A woman who apply for welfare at the time could not hold any marriage license and no male were to be present in the household when social workers visit the home.  This movemnt caused a division with the NUCLEAR BLACK FAMILIES.  Black women were becoming head of house hold in the 60's during the Jim Crow Era because black men were put in jail for protesting against the unjust.  Jim Crow caused such rift amongst black women and men that the marriage between the two dwindled and women having to step up providing for their children by depending on the welfare system.  

You have to understand that in 1960's blacks were not allowed to ride the bus with white people unless they were in the back.  Blacks were not allowed to drink from same water fountain as whites and so on.  I also want to share with you that black women hid their marital status in order to get help from the government.  The government did not support married women because it were the men responsibility to provide for the family at the time.  In order for the government not to have records of such union they were often married in private halls by the preacher and under the Islamic tenet, you were married under Allah and witnesses.  The blacks took the same tenet and made it work for them.  

Now we are moving toward 1970's during the New Age Movement, the nuclear black families were completely destroyed and black women became head of household after black men were sought out by the police force because of riots and protests.  So since 1970's black women maintain the head of household status and highest graduates with children than any other group of women.  There are black single mothers however there are more black single women with no children.  Black women unfortunately are choosing abortion as routine birth control.   So the numbers are declining for single black women with children.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2011
Jenifa,

I do not have an honest answer for the reason why African women not marrying nor dating AA men. I do believe white men will most likely to be sought out more because of the representation of wealth that society placed on white men.

I am not saying that African women chase white men, but I am saying that in society's eyes AA men are not high on the totem pole when it come to success and prosperity.

Any African women want to share the reasons African women and AA men are not in relationships?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2011
who says african women and AA are not in relationships? there are many, just as African men back home who think everything about america is good, there are african women who will just want to be with an aa man because of what they see on tv, thought most african women would not want to date AA men after being here in america and seeing for themselves, alot of african women view think the normal stereotypes of AA men, they do not work, cant take care of their kids, are very disrespectful towards women and want to use women for money and have no goals, there are good AA men who have great careers and do good by women and those are the kinds i would date, mind u on a daily basis even when i was single i wold have AA men, chinese, u name it try to talk to me, but i would rather date an african guy or carribean, someone who is familiar with my culture.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2011
aminalib:

who says african women and AA are not in relationships? there are many, just as African men back home who think everything about america is good, there are african women who will just want to be with an aa man because of what they see on tv, thought most african women would not want to date AA men after being here in america and seeing for themselves, alot of african women view think the normal stereotypes of AA men, they do not work, cant take care of their kids, are very disrespectful towards women and want to use women for money and have no goals, there are good AA men who have great careers and do good by women and those are the kinds i would date, mind u on a daily basis even when i was single i wold have AA men, chinese, u name it try to talk to me, but i would rather date an african guy or carribean, someone who is familiar with my culture.

Thank you for your answer sister. It is much appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2011
Kadata:

Female sexuality is stricto-senso deemed 'loose' in this part of the globe, if it is described as ''expressive'' or ''less frigid''.

obviously you are the one who think they are loose because this is your own comment below (and 677ano's) that I was quoting.

Kadata:

it is quite obvious that the Akata women have a more liberal expression of their sexuality than their Nigerian counterparts.

677ano:

Naija men are attracted to these women because they are not frigid and they are expressive, independent not stuck up with pretense
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by queensmith: 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2011
@ Jennifer , yes i understand what you mean now

I used to think the same thing, just because of the way alot of us like to talk

if you pay good attention you would realise there are an equal number of single Nigerian mothers and pregnant teenagers

just that a Nigerian will most likely keep it quiet, or lie about her status or the paternity of her kids

yes your right a nigerian will find it much more disgraceful- which is why alot of them have abortions

whilst other cultures don't really feel the need to, because pre-marital pregnancy is more accepted

same ish different toilets lol
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Jenifa,

I do not have an honest answer for the reason why African women not marrying nor dating AA men.  I do believe white men will most likely to be sought out more because of the representation of wealth that society placed on white men.  

I am not saying that African women chase white men, but I am saying that in society's eyes AA men are not high on the totem pole when it come to success and prosperity.  

Any African women want to share the reasons African women and AA men are not in relationships?

that's my guess too.
another point is that African women are not brought up to seek men out or go after men. they are taught to wait on the man. I'm sure this may be similar with AA culture to an extent.
I find something wrong with this (in that women aren't free to express themselves) but at the same time I think there is some benefit to it (some of these men they may not be worth it). But i'm confused if the good outweigh the bad.

Wow. thanks for the history lesson. I've heard of the GI bill/Great Deal programs being referred to as "white affirmative action" and the stipulations for welfare aid.
but i had never heard of a New Age Movement.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Kadata(m): 6:48pm On Jan 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

obviously you are the one who think they are loose because this is your own comment below (and 677ano's) that I was quoting.

I knew it would come to this, that's why I used the word ''loose'' in between inverted commas. This represents a metaphorical meaning and not a literal meaning as your perspective projects.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:49pm On Jan 16, 2011
The New Age Movement referred by AA community as the shift in NUCLEAR BLACK FAMILIES. I didn't mean to lecture. You should know I hold many seminars and lectures in my field. It a natural thing please forgive me.

I am also an essayist. I will write a sentence and it will become a book by the time I am finished. Hee hee. grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2011
Kadata:

I knew it would come to this, that's why I used the word ''loose'' in between inverted commas. This represents a metaphorical meaning and not a literal meaning as your perspective projects.

how did my perspective suggest to you that I mean loose in the literal sense?
and what does loose mean to you in the literal sense first of all?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

The New Age Movement referred by AA community as the shift in NUCLEAR BLACK FAMILIES. I didn't mean to lecture. You should know I hold many seminars and lectures in my field. It a natural thing please forgive me.

I am also an essayist. I will write a sentence and it will become a book by the time I am finished. Hee hee. grin

hahaha sounds like you have a really cool job.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Princek12(m): 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2011
Naija girls must be dreaming if they think AA males will seriously pursue them. Why on earth will AA males leave all of their hot AA girls to pursue mostly wowo-looking Naija girls who, for the most part, are socially incapacitated? I respect some of my Naija girls who are holding it down, but AA males who are into African chicks usually go after Ethiopian, Somalian, and other African chicks.

It is Naija dudes (even married ones) who chase after AA girls because of their big Ikebes. I am just keeping it real.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Mygoldie(f): 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^^Your point of view,arising from your own little world.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by ekubear1: 8:32pm On Jan 16, 2011
Princek12:

Naija girls must be dreaming if they think AA males will seriously pursue them. Why on earth will AA males leave all of their hot AA girls to pursue mostly wowo-looking Naija girls who, for the most part, are socially incapacitated? I respect some of my Naija girls who are holding it down, but AA males who are into African chicks  usually go after Ethiopian, Somalian, and other African chicks.

It is Naija dudes (even married ones) who chase after AA girls because of their big Ikebes. I am just keeping it real.

You are hanging around the wrong type of naija girls if these are the ones you are meeting, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I like AA chicks (my current gf is AA), Carribean women, other African women too. But anybody claiming that one is better than the other probably lacks the game to get top-of-the-shelf naija chicks anyway. . .

No offense, but you are proly the type of dude that goes to a naija party in which there are PLENTY of beautiful women there dancing, is too scared to go approach them and instead wants to claim that they are all ugly, or something
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 16, 2011
Princek12:

You are more likely to run into Jamo, akata, and Islander women with who have wide hips and huge backsides. It is insanely difficult to run across Naija women who possess those characteristics. Naija men love huge backsides and wide hips, and many Naija girls are just straight like one okan.

Princek12:

Naija girls must be dreaming if they think AA males will seriously pursue them. Why on earth will AA males leave all of their hot AA girls to pursue mostly wowo-looking Naija girls who, for the most part, are socially incapacitated? I respect some of my Naija girls who are holding it down, but AA males who are into African chicks  usually go after Ethiopian, Somalian, and other African chicks.

Slap yourself twice and then jump off of a moving truck please! Thanks!  cheesy

Jenifa_:

of course human attraction to the opposite gender is normal. I think Jamo, Akata, Island ladies that OP mention probably also inhabit the same space as african immigrants do. Same neighborhood etc. maybe due to similar income categories. this might contribute to that. there is a familiarity from close association.
but I do not think "ancestorship" has anything to do with it. Africans don't consider akatas or jamos to be africans. lol generally they are as different as latinos or asians or white. But there is the connection that we share though and that is mostly when africans are concerned with racism that we experience. that is the uniting factor among us blacks. but I don't think naija men are particularly interested in carribean or akata culture or ancestry. lol in fact they may complain about that. Maybe they like your looks or your looks are comparable to african women or find you more approachable. again it goes back to sexual appeal.

it's interesting to hear your view anyway. esp. the nigerian single moms thing.

I agree with you that we foreign black women, being from the same racial category but being that "outside" black makes us "interesting" and worth a try so to speak by African men, however that line about us not "being seen as African", is nobody's call but ours. We are the ones that decide what we are (African or not). Only we have that right due to historical reasons.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by jaybee3(m): 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 8:38pm On Jan 16, 2011
Why are you frowning Jaybee? You are not attracted to akata women?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by jaybee3(m): 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2011
I'm attracted to strong black sisters regardless of race or ethnicity
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 16, 2011
^^but not Jamos angry grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2011
Okay.  You basically saying the same thing I am saying Jaybee.  Men!  Now again, why was you frowning was it something I said?  You did tell me to stop fighting people and I haven't really fought nobody. (Please don't go to the do nigerian men stay faithful to oyindo thread)  grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Mygoldie(f): 8:45pm On Jan 16, 2011
gals gals leave jaybee alone jor.he 's attracted to only Mygoldie. tongue tongue cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 16, 2011
@Mygoldie, Jaybee doesn't like me lol
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by jaybee3(m): 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

^^but not Jamos angry grin
I love me Jamos as well especially when they cook me some rice peas and jerk chicken. lol

Mrs.Chima:

Okay.  You basically saying the same thing I am saying Jaybee.  Men!  Now again, why was you frowning was it something I said?  You did tell me to stop fighting people and I haven't really fought nobody. (Please don't go to the do nigerian men stay faithful to oyindo thread)  grin
Yeah right Q  tongue
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Mygoldie(f): 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2011
OH! really? allow him to like me then, you and mrs chima, should back off!!!! tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 16, 2011
jay bee:

I love me Jamos as well especially when they cook me some rice peas and jerk chicken. lol
Yeah right Q  tongue

LOL!!! grin grin I heard that. . .*runs to get the jerk sauce*. . .[/COLOR]

Mygoldie:

OH! really? allow him to like me then, you and mrs chima, should back off!!!! tongue tongue tongue grin

[color=#0055bb]*puts the jerk seasoning back in fridge and backs away from Jaybee* angry angry grin
Sheesh!! angry Meanie.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Mygoldie(f): 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

LOL!!! grin grin I heard that. . .*runs to get the jerk sauce*. . .[/COLOR]

[color=#0055bb]*puts the jerk seasoning back in fridge and backs away from Jaybee* angry angry grin
Sheesh!! angry Meanie.

''opens the fridge and eat all the jerk chicken,and run away from the house'' grin grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2011
Excuse you, Jaybee? Are you calling me a liar? I have been behaving myself accordingly and you still say I am not listening to you?

I don't understand how you African women deal with these African men I swear.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mygoldie,

You can have Jaybee he is starting to irritates me.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2011
Why do I get the feeling. . .that Jaybee and Chima are an item? cool

or do I need to sthu chima? grin grin grin

lol@ Mygoldie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Naija Guys Take Milk & Malt Or Banana And Egg Blend After A Sex Romp? / UBUNJA's MISEDUCATION: Girls Open Legs, Guys Open Hearts. / How I Slept With My Friend's Girlfriend Today. I'm So Feeling Guilty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.