Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:32 PM

Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? (12783 Views)

Ladies What Get You Attracted To A Man? / Guys, Are You Attracted To Tall Or Short Girls? / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 9:45pm On Jan 15, 2011
yes i can agree about the welfare i am aware the majority are whites, i am more so questioning the baby mama thing, but what u state could possibly be true,
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by queensmith: 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2011
miss chima you are right most welfare recipients are white women, but thats because theres alot more whites in america

its the percentage of each community your ought to look at, and the highest is the blacks

a higher proportion of blacks are on welfare than whites
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by aminalib(f): 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2011
The percentage of births to single women varies across race. In 1995, 20 percent of all births to Asian and Pacific Islanders were to single women, compared to 25 percent for white women; 41 percent for women of Hispanic origin; 57 percent for Native American, Eskimo, and Aleut women; and 70 percent for African-American families.

Read more: Single-Parent Families - Demographic Trends - Poverty, Family, Women, Percent, Births, Divorce, United, and Children http://family.jrank.org/pages/1574/Single-Parent-Families-Demographic-Trends.html#ixzz1B8hJGw1Z
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by queensmith: 9:54pm On Jan 15, 2011
sooo many inaccurate stereotypes are being thrown around on this thread; am i gonna have to take the whole of nl back to nursery??
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2011
we are all products of our environment ,and some of the Jamo,s are difficult to live with in the house.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Kadata(m): 10:28pm On Jan 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

As you can see my argument is THERE ARE NO DIFFERENCE between African, Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters.  All of our ancestry came from Mother Africa. The underlining question with all this being said does Nigerian men find attraction in Jamo, Akata, and Islander sisters because of similarity to African sisters

Good point. But can I beg to differ? Common ancestry does not necessary denote similiarity in expression and pattern of behaviours. Using a typical Nigerian scenerio, the expression of sexuality (especially in females) in its context is quite different , and to a large extent limited than that of their Akata counterpart. So it's a question of the environment of concern, and not necessarily ancestry.
Based on this, it is quite obvious that the Akata women have a more liberal expression of their sexuality than their Nigerian counterparts. Cause to this is the liberal nature of their society unlike the Nigerian society where women are bound by 'virtual regulations' .
Some Nigerian men find 'liberality of expression' in women as a compelling trait for reasons best known to male sexuality- of which the Nigerian society clearly inhibits.
By the way, if African sisters are similar to their Jamo and Akata peeps (according to you), why wouldn't Nigerian men find them as attractive as well ?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by 677ano(m): 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2011
Who said there are no teenage pregnancy among Naija girls/women? high abortion rate?

Naija men are attracted to these women because they are not frigid and they are expressive, independent not stuck up with pretense
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Kadata(m): 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2011
queensmith:

black men arent very good at appreciating black women
. . .- hasty generalization
queensmith:
i dont see what the big deal about them is anyway, they are bloody useless!
and thats talkless of Nigerian men!
Yeah, that's true. Wouldn't settle for less. . .why would I be useful to such??

queensmith:
in fact, the more akatas islanders they pick up, the more beautiful island men available for yourselves!
lol
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2011
olas2u:

we are all products of our environment ,and some of the Jamo,s are difficult to live with in the house.

Explain please. . .

------------------------------------------------------

@Topic: I wouldn't say that African men "love us" more it's just they have this false notion that we as foreign black women are liberal, freaky and expressive and they also believe they can tame us to be the "ideal African wife" who cooks, cleans and nurtures while also maintaining our s3xual freedoms (freaky/taboo s3x lol). The issue is that they fail to realize that there are Jamo and Akata women who are just as money hungry as some Nigerian women. Some of us western women do not have boundaries therefore we will do and say (as myself, carolece, ochungal, ms.eve and mrs.chima wink have demonstrated) anything and everything that goes against the "ideal wife".

I know being a Jamaican woman we believe in taking care of our men s3xually and by way of food however due to historical reasons and our geographical location we are a mix between our old African ways (standards) and the new age. Meaning we will do our "wifely duties" but also playing the role (and admiring) the stereotypical American black girl with the independence and stuck up attitude. This has caused a few problems with my exes most of which were African. So I do not support the "we western black women are better" bull.

I am not like most white girls who like to say "take better care of your man and he won't come to me" because I am woman enough to know that number one: a man will say ANYTHING to get in my pants even if it means to degrade women of his own nationality and two: ONLY an African woman can be that perfect match to an African man culturally. This is not to say that we "across the Atlantic couples" are not compatible the same it's just culturally African women understand African men more and deserve the respect. As for the hype, yes, I do enjoy being that exotic couple: Jamo babe and African stud however I know what's up! It's all about personality and I for one cannot and will not approve of an African man who wishes to "court me" and is willing to bad mouth African women in the process, I think it's low.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Dsense(m): 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2011
^^^Metchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww angry
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2011
^^Mschew my big backside. You didn't even read it. faker. trying to ease your way into the conversation grin
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by 190: 11:20pm On Jan 15, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Explain please. . .

I am not like most white girls who like to say "take better care of your man and he won't come to me" because I am woman enough to know that number one: a man will say ANYTHING to get in my pants even if it means to degrade women of his own nationality and two: ONLY an African woman can be that perfect match to an African man culturally. This is not to say that we "across the Atlantic couples" are not compatible the same it's just culturally African women understand African men more and deserve the respect. As for the hype, yes, I do enjoy being that exotic couple: Jamo babe and African stud however I know what's up! It's all about personality and I for one cannot and will not approve of an African man who wishes to "court me" and is willing to bad mouth African women in the process, I think it's low. [/color]

Relationships really grow daily,
but honey i still want you to know something that african women perfectly match african men cos they
share the same cultural background is all wrong~
anyway im out leaving you to do your thing~
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2011
190:

Relationships really grow daily,
but honey i still want you to know something that african women perfectly match african men cos they
share the same cultural background is all wrong~
anyway im out leaving you to do your thing~

& How is that 190? I mean would you rather have an African lady who is willing to please her man plue know the "ropes" or an Akata/Jamo that you have to argue with, HOPEFULLY CONQUER/ and TEACH how to be like the African woman you have over looked?

To all my Jamo/Akata sisters I am not putting us down, we are just as good of a choice, I am trying to get into the head of these men and see what it is that they are thinking because as much as it is nice to be adored as the foreign black chick, it is not exactly cool to be "chosen" solely because of that fact. (if when he argues with you and yells "You are NO different from African woman", then you'd know what I am trying to avoid) undecided
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by 190: 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2011
angry angry angry

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXYS88LX9SA?fs=1&amp%3Bhl=en_US&amp%3Brel=0[/flash]

Like i said im leaving you to do your thang!
But what i do know is every thing boils down to personality
Nigerian men are certainly not stuck up with just our women
we love variaties and where we find love we stay,

While growing up,It was one of my dreams to date a white lady but
as i grew up that dream died cos i started seeing not just the good sides of white women
but the bad and their skin totally almost makes me Puke alongside their attitude of not taking
regular bath's,

Today i certainly dont see myself with anything white close to me not cos of hatred but cos i feel complete with
a black woman ( I certainly dont need to know where shes from but as long as she gat that respect and fully
gives me the attention i need and always remembers that i am HER MAN then things would definately work)
and lastly in regards to why nigerian men are attracted to the women listed in your discussion, I feel its cos most dudes
these days are certainly tired of the Issues Nigerian women give us this days,

The last thing at the back of my mind (men) is for women to disorganize their lives and when Nigerian women start
with their attitude,fights,issues and everything, its not easy to tame her down,im not trying to write off the nigerian women
cos they certainly seem 2 have the key to their men (i.e if that man has a key hole) but to me all women are the same the only
difference in them is their personality~
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by ekubear1: 12:11am On Jan 16, 2011
Isn't like I specifically go hunting for akata. You go looking for pretty girls and just find out the girl is naija/salone/akata/caribbean/etc. Nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MOBO444(f): 12:18am On Jan 16, 2011
@ Poster i have been watching you for some time now and see how you disregard Nigeria men anyhow.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Kadata(m): 12:41am On Jan 16, 2011
Aha!
^^I smell 'trouble' around.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by eridah2007(m): 1:40am On Jan 16, 2011
lolz
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Mygoldie(f): 1:42am On Jan 16, 2011
Mrseve Please come back, we all Love you. sad sad
or else Mrs chima would be banned. tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Orton10(m): 1:48am On Jan 16, 2011
^
Yes pls, Mrs Chima has gone nuts.
MOBO444:

@ Poster i have been watching you for some time now and see how you disregard Nigeria men anyhow.

Lol. I noticed it too.
Mrs Chima - the staunch feminist.lol
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by queensmith: 3:12am On Jan 16, 2011
Kadata:

hasty generalization

and how is this so mr? Last time I checked black men were the 'only' men known to soo desperately cling onto other races
especially after new found success.
Kadata:

Yeah, that's true. Wouldn't settle for less. . .why would I be useful to such??

Thats why I encourage black women to date other races, the ignorance plays both ways.
You wont find alot of black women willing to date outside their race whilst you will find plenty of black men dating settling and having families with all sorts!
The reason alot of the women are unhappy is because they cling soo desperately onto illusions! what percentage of black men are making real differences in their communities? Whats the rates like of black men that abandon thier families? Whats the proportion of those that turn to crime and all sorts? How do their kids turn out? how great are the marriages? theres all sorts of things women should consider before dating. sometimes it will be more useful to use your head rather than listen to the sweet nothings alot of men are full of!
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 6:56am On Jan 16, 2011
Of course little boys who does not respect a woman right to have her own opinion will call me a feminist.

Queensmith,

I hear what you saying about exploring other race of me. For me I do not find other race of men sexually attractive nor appealing to me. Don't get me wrong there are some nice looking men in other races but that it.

There are a lot of AKATAS who will not date less than a brother. It should not be look at anything different than the fact that it is a preference. You have a preference of any man as long as you are interested in him. That your right. There are women who will not date anyone but "the preference" and will have nothing against other "not their preference".

I have always been attracted to African and AA men there is nothing to explain but the fact that it who I want to be with. There is a difference if there is hate crime involve then that would be a different story but a sister choosing not to date out of her race is merely exercise of preference.

I hear you though.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 7:01am On Jan 16, 2011
Who said there are no teenage pregnancy among Naija girls/women? high abortion rate?

Naija men are attracted to these women because they are not frigid and they are expressive, independent not stuck up with pretense

where do you live?
Nigerian women abroad definitely do not have high unmarried pregnancy rates and children outside of marriage.
if they are aborting any babies, well good riddance.

to me, it's more about values. What would it benefit us if we became more "sexually expressive" and "less frigid" like akatas? won't it just lead it us becoming single moms and baby mamas like them?

Kadata sums it up best:

Kadata:

it is quite obvious that the Akata women have a more liberal expression of their sexuality than their Nigerian counterparts. Cause to this is the liberal nature of their society unlike the Nigerian society where women are bound by 'virtual regulations' .
Some Nigerian men find 'liberality of expression' in women as a compelling trait for reasons best known to male sexuality- of which the Nigerian society clearly inhibits.

men are simply more attracted to the girls they have the best shot at sleeping with and knocking up. lol
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Kadata(m): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

to me, it's more about values. What would it benefit us if we became more "sexually expressive" and "less frigid" like akatas? [/b]won't it just lead it us becoming single moms and baby mamas like them?
please, you just have to spot a causal explanation from recommendation. The OP was seeking an explanation as to why [b]some Nigerian men find some akatas attractive. I did just that. I never recommended the seemingly 'loose' attitude that characterizes any race whatsoever. Personally, I don't involve myself with anybody with loose morals. And I appreciate most of our African sisters for this.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by queensmith: 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2011
Jenifer are u talking about Nigerian women in western countries? Because they are the ones adding to the large numbers!

They do have children outside wedlock, children for different men, and underage pregnancies

a high percentage of the black women on benefits are nigerian
there are ALOT of single nigerian mothers outside of nigeria!

Again the sexual frigidity most of these men describe is not just sex, the fact that women abroad (that includes nigerians) may be able to ty things your average nigerian girl wont be comfortable with. So it has nothing to do with any race being 'loose' nigerian women are equally as 'loose' married or otherwise.

and i dont even get why nigerian men like to lament about women being frigid! they are the most sexually frigid group of men I have ever seen!
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by seun0622(m): 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Okay. Now that we employed different words, what are your thoughts on my question I asked you? Do you think African society expressed vast emphasis on African women to be less expressive and proactive?

Exactly my thought!
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

where do you live?
Nigerian women abroad definitely do not have high unmarried pregnancy rates and children outside of marriage.
if they are aborting any babies, well good riddance.

to me, it's more about values. What would it benefit us if we became more "sexually expressive" and "less frigid" like akatas? won't it just lead it us becoming single moms and [size=18pt]baby mamas[/size] like them?

Kadata sums it up best:

men are simply more attracted to the girls they have the best shot at sleeping with and knocking up. lol

This is the SECOND time you have said something shysty about us. You have a problem with akatas? (I am half "Akata", and extremely offended by that line). You ever ask yourself the role the men play in their lives? what makes them have to endure such treatment and predicaments? Let's not get ignorant on here because the last time I checked neither myself or Chima came on here to start a cyber beef with Naija women or bring up stereotypes. I knew plenty of African women who are single (some WELL into their 30's-40's) and some who are single mothers - believe it or not a couple of them are Nigerian, it's not so much their fault but things happen, and I don't judge them, rather I respect them for taking care of their business.

190:

Like i said im leaving you to do your thang!
But what i do know is every thing boils down to personality
Nigerian men are certainly not stuck up with just our women
we love variaties and where we find love we stay,

While growing up,It was one of my dreams to date a white lady but
as i grew up that dream died cos i started seeing not just the good sides of white women
but the bad and their skin totally almost makes me Puke alongside their attitude of not taking
regular bath's,

Today i certainly dont see myself with anything white close to me not cos of hatred but cos i feel complete with
a black woman ( I certainly dont need to know where shes from but as long as she gat that respect and fully
gives me the attention i need and always remembers that i am HER MAN then things would definately work)
and lastly in regards to why nigerian men are attracted to the women listed in your discussion, I feel its cos most dudes
these days are certainly tired of the Issues Nigerian women give us this days,

The last thing at the back of my mind (men) is for women to disorganize their lives and when Nigerian women start
with their attitude,fights,issues and everything, its not easy to tame her down,im not trying to write off the nigerian women
cos they certainly seem 2 have the key to their men (i.e if that man has a key hole) but to me all women are the same the only
difference in them is their personality~

Hmmmm. excellent point there, nicely said.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mz. Dark,

It clear that SOME people are paying heavy attention to CNN, you and I know that CNN is WHITE AND REPUBLICAN. Enough said.

Everybody else,

I understand that SOME of you think that Akata is running around having children out of wedlock and sleeping with multiple men. I understand and it is not your fault for the information THAT SOME OF YOU GET is purely from MEDIA SOURCE. I don't blame you if you are not able to experience the information personally so of course you will reply on the independent source such as the WHITE MEDIA CIRCUIT. Remember this, anytime you see a person WHO IS NOT OF A PARTICULAR RACE created an informercial about ANOTHER RACE please do not fill your recording pen with that bullshit.

Here is the CORRECT information that SOME of you were not PRIVY to.

Every region in the WORLD has a baby 'mama" cliche. In USA, white women has the largest group of single mothers with children followed by African American women. A large percentage of these single mothers have children by black men. If you pay closely attention to what being going on you will see that the highest group of graduates in any level of SECONDARY EDUCATION are black women. A larger percentage of these black women are successful and single followed by white women. Now the statistic states that white women hold the largest amount of marriage license which make sense seeing that successful black women are opting to improve their career goals rather than their personal love goal.

Please do not be fool by the fact that white women hold the largest amount of marriage license without taking in account that they also hold the largest amount of divorce decrees. In my opinion, divorce decree is an embarrassment when one is judging single women for not being married. I know a lot of single black women who has no children and are very successful in their field. Do not believe the hype about black women being in ghettos and on welfare. IF you go to any AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, you will see more black women than white women in college. Many of these women either have small children or adult children and are pursuing Master's degree. Do you think you can juggle motherhood and get a Master's degree? My hat go off to those strong black women who are holding down the fort and making sure they are providing for their children in the midst of oppressive adversary.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2011
Kadata:

please, you just have to spot a causal explanation from recommendation. The OP was seeking an explanation as to why some Nigerian men find some akatas attractive. I did just that. I never recommended the seemingly 'loose' attitude that characterizes any race whatsoever.  Personally, I don't involve myself with anybody with[b] loose[/b] morals. And I appreciate most of our African sisters for this.

in what part of my post did I mention the word 'loose'? 
I never said AAs were loose. I do not think they are. Why do you interpret my comment to mean that AAs are loose?

MzD@rkSkin:

This is the SECOND time you have said something shysty about us. You have a problem with akatas? (I am half "Akata", and extremely offended by that line). You ever ask yourself the role the men play in their lives? what makes them have to endure such treatment and predicaments? Let's not get ignorant on here because the last time I checked neither myself or Chima came on here to start a cyber beef with Naija women or bring up stereotypes. I knew plenty of African women who are single (some WELL into their 30's-40's) and some who are single mothers - believe it or not a couple of them are Nigerian, it's not so much their fault but things happen, and I don't judge them, rather I respect them for taking care of their business.

I guess the term "baby mama" is now offensive. wrong word of choice. I mean "single mom."
A single mom doesn't mean she's loose. it could mean that a guy probably took advantage of her or left her. At least, that's the way I see it in a lot of cases. A lot of times the victim is unaware of the guy's intention.
Anyways, the bottom line of my point is that you women should be careful. Men are attracted to women for a reason. You just have to be careful
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2011
queensmith:

Jenifer are u talking about Nigerian women in western countries? Because they are the ones adding to the large numbers!

They do have children outside wedlock, children for different men, and underage pregnancies

a high percentage of the black women on benefits are nigerian
there are ALOT of single nigerian mothers outside of nigeria!

Again the sexual frigidity most of these men describe is not just sex, the fact that women abroad (that includes nigerians) may be able to ty things your average nigerian girl wont be comfortable with. So it has nothing to do with any race being 'loose' nigerian women are equally as 'loose' married or otherwise.

and i dont even get why nigerian men like to lament about women being frigid! they are the most sexually frigid group of men I have ever seen!

well, you learn a new thing everyday don't ya.
I was just speaking on my experience based on the nigerians I know. I don't know any nigerian "single mom" abroad.  Unless she was married before and had a divorce. But I know a few white, AA, haiti girls who ended up pregnant by nigerians but no marriage whatsoever.
but it's interesting to hear that things are different in other places (like  yours for example). hmm

again I never mentioned the word "loose" I'm guessing you assumed that based on Kadata's post. I don't know what he's on.
Some people are comfortable with being single parents. it could be because they are ok with it not because they are loose or can't keep their legs close. I do not believe that. So my point was that nigerian women are generally not comfortable with that which is why I would assume they are less likely to be open to such arrangements. but that's based on my personal environment though.
I know I get harassed by nigerian men all the time but I don't always assume they are attracted to me. I always keep in mind that they may have ulterior motives. 70% of the time, to me they have ulterior motives. lol

Otherwise,
of course human attraction to the opposite gender is normal. I think Jamo, Akata, Island ladies that OP mention probably also inhabit the same space as african immigrants do. Same neighborhood etc. maybe due to similar income categories. this might contribute to that. there is a familiarity from close association.
but I do not think "ancestorship" has anything to do with it. Africans don't consider akatas or jamos to be africans. lol generally they are as different as latinos or asians or white. But there is the connection that we share though and that is mostly when africans are concerned with racism that we experience. that is the uniting factor among us blacks. but I don't think naija men are particularly interested in carribean or akata culture or ancestry. lol in fact they may complain about that. Maybe they like your looks or your looks are comparable to african women or find you more approachable. again it goes back to sexual appeal.

it's interesting to hear your view anyway. esp. the nigerian single moms thing.
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by Jenifa1: 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2011
@mrs chima,

I agree with your last sentence. I think black women are some of the strongest in the world (especially outside of africa) in terms of preserving the family.I was reading the news on haiti (fertility rate tripled since the earthquake. partially due to r[size=1pt].[/size]apes after the earthquake) and just wondering how these women survive this.

I personally dread becoming a single mother. But I hope I will be able to handle it if it ever happens.  And it annoys me to see the very high rates among blacks and what the consequences are for the society and esp. kids

Okay.  Now that we employed different words, what are your thoughts on my question I asked you?  Do you think African society expressed vast emphasis on African women to be less expressive and proactive? 

I don't see it as a bad thing in terms of sexuality. To me, it's nice for there to be a balance to things. If men are overly expressive and proactive, it's nice for the women to be less expressive. too much of expressiveness and such isn't too nice
ex. southern african women are known to be more expressive but there are high rates of HIV rates down there. This may not be correlated but there is a high chance that it is.  Northern Muslim states where women are especially restrained have the lowest HIV rates in Africa
it seem sexist yes but there might be utilitarian purpose for it in a way that it benefits both sexes. although maybe in an unfair way toward the women.
but how do we make things fairer without causing too much damage?
Re: Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? by MrsChima(f): 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2011
Jenifa_:

@mrs chima,

I agree with your last sentence. I think black women are some of the strongest in the world (especially outside of africa) in terms of preserving the family.
I was reading the news in haiti (fertility rate tripled since the earthquake. partially due to despoils after the earthquake) and just wondering how these women survive this.

It is interesting to see how AA/African women are portrayed in the white media circuit as being unmarriable and too dominant. I have studied some characteristics between white, AA, and African women for some time. I have noticed that black men in both Africa and America will opt for white women when it come to making an easier choice. You stated that American women are more likely to be hunt down by African brothers than African women because "I deserve better" attitude. I do not believe that is the reason.

I have read multiple conversations by African/AA men and each of them painted white women as wealth and prosperity. They have also painted African/AA women to be more difficult to "manage" for better lack of word. I was at this function previously where a black woman confronted her boyfriend with his white mistress saying "you actually thought I wasn't aware of your cheating adventures?", The guy responded "I don't love this white ho, I am just milking her for all I can". Now you can imagine the horrific look on the white people faces and the sounds of Oooh damn from the black people mouths.

I have stated many times that there are few black men who actually love their white women and not using them for all they can. Now going back to what a brother said on this thread that the reason Akata women are sought out by African men are relatively different from the reasons why Oyindo women are sought out by African men. If we were to compared the two groups of women married to African men, we will see that Oyindo women have the largest marriages to African men than black women. Not because they are the largest group of women, but because of that man's personal reasons.

It is sad what happening in Haiti and my heart goes out to the women that are dealing with the devil's aftermath.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Beauty!! How Come She Has No Boyfriend??? / The Truth About Having A Big Dick / This very picture has totally made our Youths useless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.