Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! (10998 Views)

ISIS Accepts To Join Forces With Boko Haram / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / ACN To GEJ- Fire Okupe And Apologize To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Intrepid1(m): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2011
@ Intrepid, you do not have to be insulting. That is a valid character of a Jihadist? They are always angry when they are questioned? When was it Buhari was moaning up and down for the imposition of sharia? These are unfounded stories precisely targeted at destroying the credibility of a man who has character to cause positive change in the country. Buhari might be interested in Sharia but Mr, sharia is just a law. People studied these law in big universities abroad. I am a banker, people are researching into the the study of Islamic banking, why? because countries like Dubai, Saudi and Omar are developing strong financial institutions are money are being transfered there. There was a time Sanusi said if given a chance, all banks MDs will be shot dead. How many has he been able to shoot. People are free to express their opinions but that does not make them bad. That is not to say that I agree Buhari wanted imposition of sharia.

And INTREPID Jihadist is what we are talking about not Sharia. They are 2 different things but I have seen that your sense of reasoning has been darkened and you do not know your left from right. The Jihadist that I mentioned in PDP, can u deny there Jihad actions? IF U FAIL TO EXPLAIN THAT, THEN I WILL CONCLUDE YOUR SENSE OF REASONING HAS NOT ONLY BEEN DARKENED BUT DEAD.

Oga, we all agree that the PDP is populated by corrupt, incompetent, imbecilic Political hallelujah boys. I'm not arguing with you on that score. However, I think we should address your use of that word, 'jihadist'. From the simple dictionary I use, a Jihad is described as ' A holy struggle or striving by a Muslim for a moral or spiritual or political goal'. Over to you,
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Steadyangel(f): 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2011
Agents in Nairaland,CPC n ACN agents I de greet una 4 d handwork e no easy, make una take am softly we no dey drag am,
This year is 4 PDP so u guys can go and tel ur boss dat their plans will not work instead dey will make 2011 election 2 b fun, 4 d northans dat re angry n try der best to get d seat should chill, cos GEJ IS D MAN
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
CARRY GO
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by ayubam: 4:00pm On Jan 21, 2011
Intrepid!:

Oga, stop talking crap! You must be incredibly uninformed and astonishingly not-so-smart if you refuse to acknowledge the massive powers a 'Nigerian' President wields in this day and age. What's my business with Buhari's ambition? Am I running for President? The simple truth is that none of the jokers running for President at the moment is competent enough to lead us, finish!

@ INTREPID, I can now conclude that you are very young or naive because no president in Nigeria no matter how Powerful he is can force down a policy on people without the support base of the house in a democratic setting? As powerful as OBJ was, he could not change the constitution to get 3rd term no matter how hard he tried.

And all aspirants are jokers? None is competent to rule you? You are part of the lazy generation sidon look, do nothing people. Shio,
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Intrepid1(m): 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2011
@ INTREPID, I can now conclude that you are very young or naive because no president in Nigeria no matter how Powerful he is can force down a policy on people without the support base of the house in a democratic setting? As powerful as OBJ was, he could not change the constitution to get 3rd term no matter how hard he tried.

And all aspirants are jokers? None is competent to rule you? You are part of the lazy generation sidon look, do nothing people. Shio,

Ok, old wise one, I may be young and naive but I'm a hell lot more strategic in my thinking that you seem to be. You have no idea of the subterfuge that goes on in the Nigerian Government, With these corrupt bastards in the National Assembly, anything can happen. Can they withstand the temptation of oil money when the OAS throws their massive weight behind the bid of the Nigerian President to 'islamitize' his country?

You that belongs to the 'action' generation, what have you done about the rot in the country? What and where has your 'hard work' gotten you? Shut the hell up and stop being narrow-minded!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by dayokanu(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2011
ACN might not be angels but when we compare them to PDP its just way off.

In the SW, WHo are the leaders of PDP?

Isiaka Adeleke (Governor of the state in 1991, Current Senator),

Iyiola Omisore (Deputy Governor 1999-2003, Murder suspect of Attorney general Bola-Ige, Senator for 8yrs), And

Olagunsoye Oyinlola(Governor of lagos State 1993, Suspected conspirator in the murder of Kudirat Abiola, Governor of Osun State 2003-2010)

Musiliu Obanikoro (Senator, Governorship candidate, Suspected conspirator in the murder of Funsho Williams.

Bode George Military Governor, Chaiman of NPA currently lounging in prison for embezzlement.

Teslim Folarin Current Senate leader, Suspect in the Murder of Eleweomo.

Alao-Akala - Nuff said

OBJ- 11yrs as President, Hated in his community, Hated in his region, $16bn Power project money etc
Show me your leaders and I would tell what you represent
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by alphabet43(m): 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2011
@ IKay88: I'm concerned too. It's because of this

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-586305.0.html
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by babytoun: 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2011
This merger would have been sealed off, if not for Buhari's poor negotiating acumen. He wants the entire stick. This fortells the kind of difficult president he will turn out if voted in.

As for me and my house, we support GEJ.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by ayubam: 4:53pm On Jan 21, 2011
Intrepid!:

Ok, old wise one,  I may be young and naive but I'm a hell lot more strategic in my thinking that you seem to be. You have no idea of the subterfuge that goes on in the Nigerian Government,  With these corrupt bastards in the National Assembly, anything can happen. Can they withstand the temptation of oil money when the OAS throws their massive weight behind the bid of the Nigerian President to 'islamitize' his country?

You that belongs to the 'action' generation, what have you done about the rot in the country? What and where has your 'hard work' gotten you? Shut the hell up and stop being narrow-minded!
Intrepid!:

Oga, we all agree that the PDP is populated by corrupt, incompetent, imbecilic Political hallelujah boys. I'm not arguing with you on that score. However, I think we should address your use of that word, 'jihadist'. From the simple dictionary I use, a Jihad is described as ' A holy struggle or striving by a Muslim for a moral or spiritual or political goal'. Over to you,

@ Intrepid, Let me try and take your issues one after the other.  I hear you say you are strategic in your thinking? What strategy? That someone who has been investigated by all known agencies in Nigeria (NPF, EFCC, ICPC, SSS, Military Intelligence etc) and found blameless will now turn around to use oil money to bribe your PDP imbecilic Political hallelujah boys to Islamize Nigeria and the halleluyah boys will collect the money and pass that bill? What a dumb "strategic thinking". When he was the Military head of state, he only needed to make a decree and the deputy being a muslim will not have issue with it and dat would have been it. But what did he do? He was busy pursuing discipline as the only thing lacking in our polity till today is discipline in all aspects of life. Arrested all the corrupt politician, dealt with drug barons, a dollar was exchanging for 95kobo thereabout. Umaru Dikko Ran away and the likes of Adamu Ciroma was led in. When the cabals felt that their source is running dry, they planned a coup and PDP IBB came in and took Nigeria name to OIC, search the record. Buhari never took us there. Did u hear about MKO sinking a whole ship of bible coming into the country, Buhari never do dat. Idahosa crusade was going on with full police support. So how is he a Jihadist.

He is a passionate muslim just that we cannot yet see a xtian of his class who can boldly say he has not robbed this nation while in service. Is it wrong to serve your God passionately? That is the crime this man has commited- he is a devoted muslim? He does not represent the ruling class in the north. They are even more convenient with GEJ cos they know GEJ will tolerate what Buhari will not tolerate. He knows the rot in the Nation. He can never be accused of sponsoring violence. Infact the Kano riot in 1983/84, Buhari arrested all perpetuators, lock them up and after he was ousted out of power, IBB released all of them. These are his people, noetherners that committed offence. When last has anybody bein jailed after violence? This is the only man that has the record? Do not let these thieves deceived you further.

Are they xtians? Have they not threatened to destroy this nation if not given presidential tickets? Do you even think buhari has enough money to sponsor violence now? He has described low level Illiteracy and poverty as the reason for violence in the north. What has the like of Atiku, IBB, Adamu Ciroma and others do to develop the people? As PTDF chairman, Buhari built many schools in the north, irrigation projects, hospitals and healthcentres, records are there to show. People say why should he do that in the north only and i ask y did Awolowo develop the SW alone? Y did all the money going to NDDC not have been used to develop Bayelsa? How many project did OBJ commisisoned in the SW after 8 yrs of rule? These are questions we should be asking and hold our leaders accountable? The 1st obj assignment was to probe Buhari's acct in PTDF and he came out clean an untouched?

Mr Intrepid, who do you want to be your president? someone who was assistant Gov and Gov yet the society is still backward? Who throughout his stay as gov was travelling from PH to Yenagoa daily? Whose wife was caught laundering money and the case dropped by the high and mighty? Whose being a Vice President was only ceremonial? or what did he influence as VP for his people? PH- warri road that links Bayelsa is still nothing to write about? Whose since becoming a President has Shared more than 1 Trillion Naira to Governors and no meaningful infrastructure to show for it? who has given all PDP govs automatic ticket to continue to govern us irrespective of their performances? who released a senator accused of murder charge all to curry support for him during primaries, who has been alleged to have given $7k each to delegates to get their votes? Who has chosen to choose the like of OBJ, Tony Anenih, etc as Political God fathers? Whose campaign strong based are Daniel, AKALA, Oyinlola etc?

As per our action, when Andoaka, Turai etc hijacked powers from Yaradua cos of illness, it took action to force the NASS to apply doctrine of necessity to relinquish power to Jonathan to become Acting President, it took action to force IBB out to relinquish Power to Shonekan, it took effort of Nadeco, CD and many others during Abacha days to attracts several sanctions from international bodies and invoke the wrath of God upon himself, it took effort to start this present INEC registration else, we would have been using that old fraudulent register for this election. So when we speaks, our word is a powerful currencies that those cabals fear but we do not know. Join the ACTION CLUB. Do not just sit down and allow looters to continue to reign just because u feel your IDEAL MR PERFECT is about to emerge. THE PRINCIPLE SHOULD BE THIS, WHEN PRESENTED WITH CHOICES, ONLY THE BEST OF THE CHOICES SHOULD BE GIVEN THE CHANCE. That will make people perform better. It is not because one is perfect. It is because one is better based on performance history and what we have seen so far. Chikena
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by legba1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2011
the pact is sure  a step in the right direction to oust PDP, but can they pull it through?even if they did,are we sure we wont regret voting BUHARI in?this is time to put on our thinking cap.will my intyerest as a xtian matter afterall?hmmmnnnn
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Intrepid1(m): 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2011
Omo, see long sermon sha! Gaddem! Oya, you don convince me. I dey vote for Buhari! Yes boss!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2011
As far as i know,its only the Sharia that can make Nigeria best,no compromise in the Sharia law,cos its the law of God,as long as its taken from the Quran though and not hadith.

As for the thieve as God said,cut off thier hands.
As those that cause corruption/mischief on the land,kill them.

its all we need,and not just manmade laws that uses sentiments to intertpret,Ribadu and Buhari my choice
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2011
Gbawe:

When have I said that? It is okay if you support GEJ for whatever reason . That is your prorogative .What no sane Nigerian should deny is that the PDP has been a 12 year nightmare for our nation. If you see the need to support GEJ as far more important than how you are also supporting the PDP and its misrule , even the likes of Hillary clinton has condemned repeatedly , then you wont understand what I am saying .

Gbawe! I do not have problem with your permutations.What I am saying here is that ACN,PDP,CPC.ANPP andt other political parties are the same whether we like it or not.People should stop this grand deception that ACN/CPC is the only party that can bring about change,that is not only  fantasy but grand self delusion and Deception.I believe in personality and as far as I am concern,GEJ still remain far above all other candidates.People want to see a president with charisma,a talkertive president,a president without any respect to the rule of law.That is why no ex- Uniform man should rule this country again.THE RACE AS THE GREAT BOOK SAYS IS NOT TO THE SWIFT NOR THE BATTLE TO THE STRONG.So I love the passion of everyone.But please allow others choose their own candidates whether in PDP,ACN,CPC or whatever party they feel their candidates are.ENOUGH OF ALL THESE DONT VOTE PDP!!! Jonathan is in PDP and There are millions out there that will vote for him and will not vote for some PDP members,Likewise there are millions out there that wont vote Ribadu but would vote Fashola in the same ACN.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by ayubam: 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
Intrepid!:

Omo, see long sermon sha! Gaddem! Oya, you don convince me. I dey vote for Buhari! Yes boss!

Whatever that means, make sure you vote wisely. Together, we have the power and ability to cause a change by carefully selecting a right candidate not by sentiments but for the love of this nation. Remember, the principle is that the better candidates deserves the slot. That is fairness. How will you feel if you apply for a job and u re very qualified only to be rejected because u re a good xtian or muslim that will not bend rules to steal from the coy's treasury. That is the true pix of Nigeria situation. One will naturally assume that the Atiku's camp will threaten to support Buhari massively but they trust GEJ more than Buhari to continue their looting? Lets think once and for all and block the whole in the treasury. That is the first step to the salvation we are looking for.

legba1:

the pact is sure  a step in the right direction to oust PDP, but can they pull it through?even if they did,are we sure we wont regret voting BUHARI in?this is time to put on our thinking cap.will my intyerest as a xtian matter afterall?hmmmnnnn

@ Legba, what is your interest as a xtian? I am one too. To see righteousness in our Govt,  see justice being done, freedom of expression. All these are guaranteed. Stop believing these looters who are tagging Buhari as Islamic fundamentalist. As PTDF chairman, he worked mostly with Southern xtians and no record of frustrating fellow xtians cos of their religion. He was a GOC in army xtian, muslims and atheist being part of the command. Was there any record of he frustrating any interest based on religious sentiments.

The major issue is LOOTING. If you are a xtian or muslim or anything, looting will not be tolerated cos he has nothing to hide. Those who have joined them will not have moral strength to fight them. Do u wonder y u will always hear of Gulf Money fraud and no one can probe. Power Project, Halliburtton scam has joined and no one is saying jack . Wake up please
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 21, 2011
bchindo:

nawa   o,   some   people   restrict  the   north   central   to   only   plateau   and   benue   states.   What   about  niger,   nassarawa,   kogi   and   kwara   states?   It   will   only  take   a   lunatic   to   think   that  gej   can   defeat  buhari  in  these  states.

Na today!!! Obasonjo defeated him there,Yar,adua defeated him there and these were PDP candidates,so you may at the end of the day become the Lunatic because Jonathan will surey defeat Buhari there.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2011
bchindo:

gbam,   what   a   perfect  match.   I   pray   it   should   happen.

Pray very hard and dont forget to add dry fasting from now till April.Tall Dream!!!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by teskyg: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2011
Muslim for President,Muslim for VP?Na there papa get this country?Let us wait and see.This arrangement will never work.This Buhari sef,na by force say him must rule?
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by dayokanu(m): 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2011
Ozin:

Gbawe! I do not have problem with your permutations.What I am saying here is that ACN,PDP,CPC.ANPP andt other political parties are the same whether we like it or not.People should stop this grand deception that ACN/CPC is the only party that can bring about change,that is not only  fantasy but grand self delusion and Deception.I believe in personality and as far as I am concern,GEJ still remain far above all other candidates.People want to see a president with charisma,a talkertive president,a president without any respect to the rule of law.That is why no ex- Uniform man should rule this country again.THE RACE AS THE GREAT BOOK SAYS IS NOT TO THE SWIFT NOR THE BATTLE TO THE STRONG.So I love the passion of everyone.But please allow others choose their own candidates whether in PDP,ACN,CPC or whatever party they feel their candidates are.ENOUGH OF ALL THESE DONT VOTE PDP!!! Jonathan is in PDP and There are millions out there that will vote for him and will not vote for some PDP members,Likewise there are millions out there that wont vote Ribadu but would vote Fashola in the same ACN.

There is a gulf of difference. I know about the SW very well, can you show us any Political party that has these kind of people in their fold?

dayokanu:

Lamidi Adedibu: The Godfather of thuggery and Political Hooliganism

Iyiola Omisore (Deputy Governor 1999-2003, Murder suspect of Attorney general Bola-Ige, Senator for 8yrs), And

Olagunsoye Oyinlola(Governor of lagos State 1993, Suspected conspirator in the murder of Kudirat Abiola, Governor of Osun State 2003-2010)

Musiliu Obanikoro (Senator, Governorship candidate, Suspected conspirator in the murder of Funsho Williams.

Bode George Military Governor, Chaiman of NPA currently lounging in prison for embezzlement.

Alao-Akala - Nuff said

OBJ- 11yrs as President, Hated in his community, Hated in his region, $16bn Power project money etc
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by roselynbas(f): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2011
i should vote for someone that supports sharia? tufiakwa!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nicklee(m): 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
ayubam:

@ Intrepid, Let me try and take your issues one after the other.  I hear you say you are strategic in your thinking? What strategy? That someone who has been investigated by all known agencies in Nigeria (NPF, EFCC, ICPC, SSS, Military Intelligence etc) and found blameless will now turn around to use oil money to bribe your PDP imbecilic Political hallelujah boys to Islamize Nigeria and the halleluyah boys will collect the money and pass that bill? What a dumb "strategic thinking". When he was the Military head of state, he only needed to make a decree and the deputy being a muslim will not have issue with it and dat would have been it. But what did he do? He was busy pursuing discipline as the only thing lacking in our polity till today is discipline in all aspects of life. Arrested all the corrupt politician, dealt with drug barons, a dollar was exchanging for 95kobo thereabout. Umaru Dikko Ran away and the likes of Adamu Ciroma was led in. When the cabals felt that their source is running dry, they planned a coup and PDP IBB came in and took Nigeria name to OIC, search the record. Buhari never took us there. Did u hear about MKO sinking a whole ship of bible coming into the country, Buhari never do dat. Idahosa crusade was going on with full police support. So how is he a Jihadist.

He is a passionate muslim just that we cannot yet see a xtian of his class who can boldly say he has not robbed this nation while in service. Is it wrong to serve your God passionately? That is the crime this man has commited- he is a devoted muslim? He does not represent the ruling class in the north. They are even more convenient with GEJ cos they know GEJ will tolerate what Buhari will not tolerate. He knows the rot in the Nation. He can never be accused of sponsoring violence. Infact the Kano riot in 1983/84, Buhari arrested all perpetuators, lock them up and after he was ousted out of power, IBB released all of them. These are his people, noetherners that committed offence. When last has anybody bein jailed after violence? This is the only man that has the record? Do not let these thieves deceived you further.

Are they xtians? Have they not threatened to destroy this nation if not given presidential tickets? Do you even think buhari has enough money to sponsor violence now? He has described low level Illiteracy and poverty as the reason for violence in the north. What has the like of Atiku, IBB, Adamu Ciroma and others do to develop the people? As PTDF chairman, Buhari built many schools in the north, irrigation projects, hospitals and healthcentres, records are there to show. People say why should he do that in the north only and i ask y did Awolowo develop the SW alone? Y did all the money going to NDDC not have been used to develop Bayelsa? How many project did OBJ commisisoned in the SW after 8 yrs of rule? These are questions we should be asking and hold our leaders accountable? The 1st obj assignment was to probe Buhari's acct in PTDF and he came out clean an untouched?

Mr Intrepid, who do you want to be your president? someone who was assistant Gov and Gov yet the society is still backward? Who throughout his stay as gov was travelling from PH to Yenagoa daily? Whose wife was caught laundering money and the case dropped by the high and mighty? Whose being a Vice President was only ceremonial? or what did he influence as VP for his people? PH- warri road that links Bayelsa is still nothing to write about? Whose since becoming a President has Shared more than 1 Trillion Naira to Governors and no meaningful infrastructure to show for it? who has given all PDP govs automatic ticket to continue to govern us irrespective of their performances? who released a senator accused of murder charge all to curry support for him during primaries, who has been alleged to have given $7k each to delegates to get their votes? Who has chosen to choose the like of OBJ, Tony Anenih, etc as Political God fathers? Whose campaign strong based are Daniel, AKALA, Oyinlola etc?

As per our action, when Andoaka, Turai etc hijacked powers from Yaradua cos of illness, it took action to force the NASS to apply doctrine of necessity to relinquish power to Jonathan to become Acting President, it took action to force IBB out to relinquish Power to Shonekan, it took effort of Nadeco, CD and many others during Abacha days to attracts several sanctions from international bodies and invoke the wrath of God upon himself, it took effort to start this present INEC registration else, we would have been using that old fraudulent register for this election. So when we speaks, our word is a powerful currencies that those cabals fear but we do not know. Join the ACTION CLUB. Do not just sit down and allow looters to continue to reign just because u feel your IDEAL MR PERFECT is about to emerge. THE PRINCIPLE SHOULD BE THIS, WHEN PRESENTED WITH CHOICES, ONLY THE BEST OF THE CHOICES SHOULD BE GIVEN THE CHANCE. That will make people perform better. It is not because one is perfect. It is because one is better based on performance history and what we have seen so far. Chikena

This is one appropriately written piece. I am from the South and I am a Christian - but it beats me totally why we Christians are turning the obvious lie about Buhari into a political tool. There are ~75million Christians in Nigeria and NO ONE - absolutely NO ONE, can Christianize or Islamize Nigeria. It is as simple as that. Go to the Religion section on Nairaland and you will see shoddier Christian enthusiasts. It is so dreadful that Pastors/Priests are now getting the veneration and worship due only to Christ. We Christians are becoming so intolerant, yet we see someone else's adherence to his religious values as outright immoral and a dent on his electability.

The fundamental questions we need to ask ourselves are these: (1) What exactly is wrong with Nigeria? (2) Who can fix it?
Our biggest challenge is corruption and indiscipline. When OBJ says I dey Laugh Oo, ofcourse he knows this. The little progress we made during OBJ's time was a combination of image laundering (which was primarily due to the intense fight against corruption that the international community saw us waging) and the quality of technocrats in his cabinet. These factors secured several international attention and investors for the country. Rewind to OBJ's first term or fast forward to Yaradua's term and you would see how everything falls apart with indiscipline and corruption.

I have no individual problems with GEJ. There are no sentiments here, because we are talking about a bigger cause. GEJ's political mentors are the biggest plunderers and self-serving persons we have seen in Nigeria. We need to take a look at Brazil to appreciate what we can do as a country. There is entirely no reason Nigeria should remain in its present miserable state after 12 years of increasing record oil prices. Our inability to move forward is mainly due to the obstinate corrupt tendencies of the average Nigerian. I took time to study Brazil in a project I did with a Brazilian professor at Stanford, and it became clear that Brazil's journey to economic glory started with a 'bloody' battle against the corrupt class that had set the country back. Thereafter, they invested in their people. At a point, the country was sending their students to Stanford, paying for them but mandating them to return to Brazil to work in the different sectors (c/f with our PTDF which is a joke). Today, Petrobras has some of the finest technology in the oil industry, Brazil is into manufacturing of airplanes and cars, their power generation capability is so huge that the country makes a great deal of money selling to neighbors, their agriculture is off the roof (and I was appalled to realize that Brazil produces more electricity from sugar cane chaff than the entire output of Nigeria). Brazil is into manufacturing, research, services and ofcourse minerals.

When we start looking at hard core economic drivers and what it would take a country to get there, I think we would stop sectionalizing our electoral process and get serious. We don't have the luxury of sensational electoral processes that some countries like the USA have. No, we are in deep crap and have to get out of it first. We need sturdy leadership, self-determining mindedness and a radical like Lulu Da'Silva. We also have to start looking at socio-political ideologies of the different individuals and political parties. Above all, we have to get rid of sentiments - totally.

I am not related to; neither do I personally know any of the political gladiators. I have no other stake in the coming election besides wanting to see credible leadership for Nigeria. But I'll really like us to step back a little, look at the big picture - see where we are and where we can go, and decide who will lead us there. For me, the present crop of PDP leadership does not cut it. They had 12 years (of record oil prices) and nothing has changed in Nigeria besides the pockets of the politicians. I visited Nigeria some months back and asked for audience with my House of Assembly representative. This was a man I knew a while back who didn't have a job before getting into politics. The utter opulence of his home, the number of expensive cars was mind boggling. After lauding the pure beauty of his home, I asked him how he got this well-off within a short period of time. His short answer was: You better leave your useless quest for education and come back home to join politics - that is where the real money is. He is a member of the PDP.

I will canvass support for either Buhari or Ribadu as president (whoever finally gets the nod). I had the privilege to talk to Ribadu on his visit to Stanford last year and I was impressed. It was no holds barred and he held his ground quite impressively. I have also tried to study Buhari and have found his credentials impressive – ofcourse I chose to discount the obvious lies about him asking for a Sharia Nigeria. Now, I don't know how far my support will go, but then I can be rest assured that I took a step back, looked at the big picture, and voted for a set of candidates that I think will start us in the right path.
Wouldn't it be nice if Nigeria toes the path of Brazil?
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by londoner: 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2011
I think in 2011, Nigeria needs to break away from having individuals with a military past in the seat of president, or vice president.

I also think they should steer away from having both positons filled by muslims or christians, Nigerians have not yet reached the stage of maturity where this would not cause a widespread backlash in whole regions of the country.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by tlops(m): 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2011
Goodluck to the Alliance!!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by dayokanu(m): 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2011
Nickle,

Nice piece.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2011
alphabet43, note that the article you showed me was written in 2001. I have a link to a video interview of Buhari done late 2010 where he explains the misconception of the reporter of that article you showed me.

http://www.saharareporters.com/video/
general-muhammed-buhari-speaks

Right now, I don't care if our next president/VP worships his own mirror image in a shrine full of cow skulls. Religous views are of least importance to me because in the last 12 years i've seen both christian and muslim presidents and VPs yet the power to my house has not improved one bit, the FG has not given me any better healthcare or education than before democracy. The only thing that has remained constant these 12 years is the overwhelming, obvious grip of the blatantly corrupt PDP on this country.

I want constant power in my house, I want a government that notices and cares for my existence. For this to happen corruption must be killed. PDP has had 12 years but have shown that they are against my wants, so wether Buhari or Ribadu or Utomi, i'm gonna go for the one that shows he is the best out of the three in the next 2 months.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by sley4life(m): 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
Never possible
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by reindeer: 7:22pm On Jan 21, 2011
Me i don't care if he worships his own backside  grin.
Let us just have good governance!
Everyone voted MKO and Kingibe in '93, they were both muslims and it didn't matter. Only myopic Christians will use that as an excuse to vote people who have wrecked us further in the last 12 years.
What Nigerians need is someone who will deliver good governance.
I am so sure that with good governance you'd see less ethnic divide in the country and it may be all the country will ever require to become united.
After all what do people really want?
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Xfactoria: 7:26pm On Jan 21, 2011
Buhari belongs to the past and should remain there! He is not a saint. He is part of the old order. What energy still remain in him that he is so desperate at 74? If he cannot drop his ambition for Ribadu who seemingly shares his view on how to rebuild Nigeria, then he is just being ambitious for nothing. In fact, he should just forget it.

That said, ACN is not different from PDP. They also loot (Lagos - Fashola & Tinubu) kill and maim (evident in recent primaries in Ekiti & Edo States), impose candidates and propagate the culture of Godfatherism (dictators). I tell you, nothing, absolutely nothing is attractive about them. If you say Fashola is performing as ACN governor, without holding brief for PDP, Akpabio is also performing, Chime in Enugu is also performing, Babangida Aliyu is also performing.

Dayokanu and co seem to be under the illusion that Tinubu speaks for the SW. Southwesterners are dynamic people who have their own minds. They will surprise Tinubu and ACN if they don't put their house in order. We southwesterners know that Tinubu is a political businessman.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2011
X-factoria:

Buhari belongs to the past and should remain there! He is not a saint. He is part of the old order. What energy still remain in him that he is so desperate at 74? If he cannot drop his ambition for Ribadu who seemingly shares his view on how to rebuild Nigeria, then he is just being ambitious for nothing. In fact, he should just forget it.

What is our business with Buharis age? How old was Geor H Bush or Ronald Reagan when they ruled the greatest democracy in the world?

That said, ACN is not different from PDP. They also loot (Lagos - Fashola & Tinubu) kill and maim (evident in recent primaries in Ekiti & Edo States), impose candidates and propagate the culture of Godfatherism (dictators). I tell you, nothing, absolutely nothing is attractive about them. If you say Fashola is performing as ACN governor, without holding brief for PDP, Akpabio is also performing, Chime in Enugu is also performing, Babangida Aliyu is also performing.

I wont talk about what I dont know, I know the SW and can you tell me the ACN equivalent of Bode george, Alao-Akala, Iyiola Omosore, Teslim Folarin and Musiliu Obanikoro.

Which ACN leader has been accused in a murder rap or even been detained by Police for murder the way Omisore and Teslim Folarin were?

Which ACN leader has been jailed for corruption like Bode George

Just give us examples and lets work with specifics instead of throwing random stuff all over.

Dayokanu and co seem to be under the illusion that Tinubu speaks for the SW. Southwesterners are dynamic people who have their own minds. They will surprise Tinubu and ACN if they don't put their house in order. We southwesterners know that Tinubu is a political businessman.

Was Dayokanu the one who supported Fayemi, Oshiomole and Aregbesola? The ACN is the wave of the SW. The SW have tasted the ACN and have tasted the PDP and we know who we prefer.

SWesterners know Tinubu is a political businessman, But they would rather trust him over murderers like Oyinlola, OBJ, Omisore and Folarin
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by segunjowo(m): 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2011
I agree with this, but either okonjo iweala or pat utomi must be running mate for this to work. Why can't all this parties merge as opposition to form opposition to pdp under a new name? Na wa for 9ja ooo
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 21, 2011
dayokanu:

Isiaka Adeleke (Governor of the state in 1991, Current Senator),

Alao-Akala - Nuff said

you forgot adedibu Garrison commander of amala politics
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by debosky(m): 8:00pm On Jan 21, 2011
Buhari should not contest - I believe Ribadu has greater appeal across a broader spectrum than Buhari.

I would caution choosing Ngige or Okonjo Iweala as deputy. . . .I don't think either of them has the capacity to bring in sufficient votes. To decimate the SS vote, I'd choose Oshiomhole as the VP instead.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2011
Dobo.

The motive is to get candidates that can win an election.

In the North who do you think is more sellable or who has more appeal Buhari or Ribadu? I would say Buhari floors Ribadu by at least 70-30.

In the Search for a VP. Oshiomole wont quit his governorship role to go for VP when he isnt even sure of winning. Fighting Jonathan in the SS is a futile endeavour cos the SS would naturally prefer their son being President than being VP.

OK. Now left with Ngige and Okonjo. Which of these 2 have the clout and structure to win their own state in an election Not to talk of the whole region?

Then why should the ACN support this ticket when it doesnt benefit the base (The strongest base of the ACN is in the SW).

Ribadu-Okonjo looks good on paper to white collar voters, But in reality Buhari-Yoruba ACN man is stronger.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
Babangida Aliu is not performing anything atall,Niger state is in shambles,just go and see its provinces,like JEBBAH,MOKWA,KOTANGORA,SHIRORO BUSSA,KAINJI,WAWA,they are all rubbish and nothing to show for,when mentioning active president,dnt even include him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Have No Hands In PDP Crisis – Atiku / Sagay: Corrupt Judges Should Suffer Fate Of Ordinary Men / Otedola/Lawan $620K Bribery Scandal Probe Hits Dead End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.