Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,079 members, 7,814,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! (11000 Views)

ISIS Accepts To Join Forces With Boko Haram / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / ACN To GEJ- Fire Okupe And Apologize To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by honeric01(m): 7:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
@Dayo
I don't tire, but i won't give up, what the corrupt elites want is to frustrate those who want change, they have paid the likes of beaf, meat, johndoe, johnbull, ozin just to keep posting on NL,

But their end is near, corruption cup is about to be filled up and they shall all reap what they sow,

The good ones shouldn't give up, rather we should let them know they aren't welcome anymore.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by johndoe200: 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2011
fstranger1:

Why are you so jealous of us diasporans

I make in a day, what you make in a year.

Be nice to us, you might end up working for one of us!

A word is enough.

Look at this lunatic. do you know me? Anyway even if you give out all the women in your family as whores you will NEVER make as much as I do. Tell you what, I don't want to get into an argument with an slowpoke like you, but where would you like to meet, I only have houses in Washington and London., so those are where I go  If you are in any of those cities I can host you. (provided you are clean and have been house trained).

Can't have you frightening the wife and kids now can I?
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by orgasm(m): 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2011
Fielding two core northerners n muslims,irrespective of their credibilities, would be a wrong political arithmetics-apology to the late politician chuba okadigbo,the most vibrant and pragmatic senate president we ever had- in our ever ethno-religious polarised society. It might appear myopic but it is the simple truth.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Gbawe: 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2011
honeric01:

@Dayo
I don't tire, but i won't give up,

That's the spirit my brother.

what the corrupt elites want is to frustrate those who want change,

Spot on . This is why they are always seeking the next Yar Adua or the next Jonathan to assist them frustrate efforts to change Nigeria for the better.

But their end is near, corruption cup is about to be filled up and they shall all reap what they sow,

The good ones shouldn't give up, rather we should let them know they aren't welcome anymore.

This is the 'koko' of the matter . We will keep speaking against all the yar Adua's and Jonathan's they throw in our direction just to secure their own selfish interests. In the end we will begin to gain leaders who , with evey fibre of their being , want to lead Nigeria into a brighter future instead of all these accidental leaders who run around cluelessly like headless Chickens .
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by ziccoit: 11:37pm On Jan 25, 2011
I like it here, the atmosphere is healthy and the spirit is high. Nigeria external debt was near zero before OBJ left(as bad as he was/is) in 2007.

The guy also left over 20billion dollar in excess crude oil reserve. What do we have today?

From 2007 till today the Nigeria external debt has now risen by over 40 billion dollar and the excess crude oil account has been drained to almost nothing. This happened despite the ever recorded high price of crude oil in the world market.

What do they have on ground to defend this recklessness. Nigeria is standing with FOR SALE tag hanging on her neck. Who is going to arrest these speedy deteriorates.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by HamidO1(m): 11:58pm On Jan 25, 2011
Whatever the decision is, I just hope we succeed in reducing PDP's dominance. PDP is a complete nuisance.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by maclatunji: 12:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
Them say Jona, Goodluck Jona, brother Jona, sister Jona, nairalanders dance Jona,

And we can all live happily ever after.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by otokx(m): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2011
Tomorrow never comes.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by BigStar1(m): 8:52am On Jan 27, 2011
That means Goodluck is out. Hahahahaha, am happy!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by TeadroTec: 1:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
Teadro Info Tech, best known I.T school in Port Harcourt for its cutting-edge training where more of I.T practicals are emphasized in:
ORACLE, CISCO, MCITP, COMPTIA A+ and N+, MOS , IC3 and much more IS AT IT AGAIN! ! !,

Offering 100 percent scholarship to meritorious students. ABSOLUTELY FREE[/size][size=8pt]
NO gimmick, no registration fee, its totally free!!!
Teadro scholarship scheme is an annual scholarship program to empower the youths through ICT training and also to create opportunities for job placement.

Additional benefits include participants been enlisted on our consultant Database for job placement with any of the following: Telecom, Banks, ISPs, Oil and Gas and so on,

Remember, scholarship is based on merit, so come along with your writing materials for a 45 minutes test at Teadro InfoTech centre, 76 stadium road Port Harcourt or call 08036086061.
This is a rare opportunity where you can get yourself certified and grounded in I.T field at just no cost. Take advantage of this grand opportunity NOW!!!

Venue: 76 Stadium Road Port Harcourt
Date: 12th February 2011
Time: 9:00 am prompt!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by naso2(m): 9:00am On Jan 31, 2011
@Gbawe

What's the latest on this merger please?

Make I still dey laugh while i wait for your answer. grin grin grin
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by honeric01(m): 9:22am On Jan 31, 2011
Why ACN, Buhari parted ways
News Jan 31, 2011

By EMMANUEL AZIKEN, Political Editor, EMMAN OVUAKPORIE & INALEGWU SHAIBU
REVELATIONS, yesterday, emerged of how former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari, backtracked from becoming the only candidate of the major opposition parties in the forthcoming presidential election and the offer of funds for his presidential campaign.

The disclosures came as talks to herald a united opposition were officially pronounced dead, weekend, following the collapse of tripartite talks by the trio of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, and the All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP.

The collapse of the talks came as CPC and ACN separately intensified pressure on the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the North. The CPC in a remarkable political gesture chose a younger brother of former President Umaru Yar’Adua, Lt. Col. Abdulazziz Musa Yar‘Adua, as running mate to Senator Garba Lado, its gubernatorial candidate for Katsina State.

Talks by the opposition parties on presenting a unified presidential candidate to fight the PDP broke down, weekend, after General Buhari reportedly rejected entreaties to ply his ambition on any other banner apart from his CPC.

Flying the ACN banner

Vanguard learnt that Buhari had, in the first stages of the talks, leaned towards flying the banner of the ACN but reportedly changed his mind after confidantes in The Buhari Organisation, TBO, persuaded him to the contrary.

It was further gathered that even the ACN presidential candidate, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, had offered to withdraw for him but on the condition that he, Buhari, flies the ACN flag, which Ribadu and other party officials said was a more known and recognizable party. The ACN, it was learnt, was willing to offset the funding for the presidential campaign had Buhari agreed to the request.

The TBO officials had told the ACN emissaries that Buhari was in control of the votes in the North and as such should be able to decide the platform for the contest.

ACN officials were equally adamant on the ACN being represented during the presidential contest. The party officials, Vanguard learnt, were concerned about a bandwagon effect derailing the ACN in its strongholds in the Southwest as it happened in the 2003 elections when the Alliance for Democracy, AD, entered into an alliance with the PDP for the presidential elections.

That alliance is blamed for the wipe out of the party from the Southwest.

One high ranking party official told Vanguard, weekend: “The presidential election is taking place before the governorship election and if we tell people to go and vote for CPC in the presidential election, how do we go back within one week to again tell them to go and vote for ACN for the gubernatorial election.”

Confirming the party’s withdrawal from further talks with the CPC, the ACN National Secretary, Senator Lawali Shuaibu, said that the party had too much at stake to concede to a party as the CPC which he said lacks the necessary national structure.

Conceding the presidency

He said: “We have governments from the federal to the local government level while CPC cannot even boast of a councillor anywhere yet we were ready to concede the presidency to them.

“At the national level we have legislators at the Senate and House of Representatives; at the state level we have four serving governors and innumerable local government chairmen yet they want us to fly their flag that is practicably impossible. Let me tell you something, I will continue to say it, ACN is the party to beat in this country not the ruling PDP, in the next general election.

“We have what it takes to form the next national government come May this year as the Nuhu Ribadu ticket would sweep the PDP from power; mark my words.”

Asked whether there could be the possibility of reconciling their differences, Shuaibu said, such prospects were over as they could no longer meet with the INEC deadline.

Losing sleep over alliance talks

He said: “We are not losing sleep over alliance talks any longer. We have a credible candidate in Ribadu who has such a tall credential to deliver at the polls. He is young and energetic he can change the country for the betterment of all within a short period and take Nigeria to the next level without compromising standards in governance.

“He has displayed an impeccable leadership style even at a much younger age when he excellently built a new image for Nigeria as an anti_corruption crusader when he managed the affairs of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

“At the time he took over as pioneer chairman of the anti_graft agency no Nigerian was willing to accept such a thankless job and he performed it to the admiration of all Nigerians.”

Meanwhile, the CPC and ACN were, weekend, putting pressure on the PDP in the North. CPC gubernatorial candidate for Katsina, Senator Garba Lado, told newsmen in Abuja that he had chosen Lt. Col Yar’Adua to be his running mate.

He said: “The CPC has picked Alhaji Abdulazeez Yar’Adua as running mate for the governorship candidate in the April general election. Our choice is informed by his leadership qualities and his great political pedigrees come from his years of experience in the military and great family root. We believed that he will bring this great experiences and qualities to bear in our party and Katsina State.”

Yar‘Adua, a junior brother to late President Yar‘Adua quit the military last year to join politics.

His choice is expected to add to the pressure the PDP is facing in Katsina State from Buhari’s CPC. Buhari is from Katsina State.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/why-acn-buhari-parted-ways/

^^^^

Don't act as if you don't know already. (hypocrite lol grin)

Anyways, maybe something else is going to kick pdp out of power. sad
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Gbawe: 9:39am On Jan 31, 2011
na_so:

@Gbawe

What's the latest on this merger please?

Make I still dey laugh while i wait for your answer. grin grin grin

Be careful what you wish for.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Dave6: 9:50am On Jan 31, 2011
All these confusion, mistrust and jumping here and there is because there's NO credible person amongst all of them. They've all put their personal interest ahead of any other 'flimsy' issue.
Buhari's claiming he'll get the votes from the North - based on what? Because he's a Northerner? Should that now be the basis of why a candidate should be voted for?
Many Northerners are exposed and educated and know what to do in order for this country to move forward.

But wait, if these parties have a common interest for this Country - Eradication of corruption, peaceful coexistence of citizens, etc - what would it take to merge into one?
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by johndoe200: 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2011
johndoe200:

This tomorrow never come? Well you know what they say - Tomorrow Never Comes.

[size=14pt]Tomorrow Never Comes[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fulani Agree To Leave Villages After Meeting With STF. / Should Nigeria Outlaw The Use Of Pan/Metal Rooftops? / Jonathan Signs 2013 Budget Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.