Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! (10999 Views)

ISIS Accepts To Join Forces With Boko Haram / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN / ACN To GEJ- Fire Okupe And Apologize To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by honeric01(m): 10:23am On Jan 24, 2011
Ozin:

From same mouth,curses and blessing is released.It is good to know you are a mere mortal,otherwise people with different political views other than yours would have been running helter scatter to get your curse removed.My brother wake up and find a life.This is democracy and people have the right to believe and choose who they like.A billion of such curse will not deter them in their believe.You need to grw up my little friend!!!

With the way you sound, someone would think you're either Odili, OBJ, Aonadoaka, Atiku or even Bode George, please are you in anyway supporting corruption? if not, then why are you so interested on who the "curses" are directed to?

BTW, i didn't curse anyone, i just used common sense which says "you reap what you sow".
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by ayubam: 11:25am On Jan 24, 2011
Ozin:

From same mouth,curses and blessing is released.It is good to know you are a mere mortal,otherwise people with different political views other than yours would have been running helter scatter to get your curse removed.My brother wake up and find a life.This is democracy and people have the right to believe and choose who they like.A billion of such curse will not deter them in their believe.You need to grw up my little friend!!!

I was about saying what portion was a curse in that Phrase. He simply states that you will reap what you sow. Are you afraid what you are sowing may not yield good fruits, hence you termed that phrase a curse? If I were you, I will say amen to reap what I am sowing.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by honeric01(m): 12:15pm On Jan 24, 2011
^^^
With the way he sounds, we wont be wrong if we say he's a product of corruption, hence his unneccessary outburst.

@ozin
Why don't you want to reap what you sow? Let me help you again, may you and your entire generation reap what you sow in 500 folds. amen
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Jan 24, 2011
honeric01:

@ayubam

May God bless you and your generation, may your lineage reap the reward of seeking progress for this country, may your children be proud of your stand for this country and may all the good things of life be for you for what you have stood for so far so good in this election period.

And for those who want to continue supporting corruption, may you all and your generation reap what you sow in 100 folds

AMEN!!!!

How is this a curse?

Let me repeat .

for those who want to continue supporting corruption, may you all and your generation reap what you sow in 100 folds

AMEN!!!!

I expect anyone who loves Nigeria to chorus this as well I guess some of your motives are questionable or are you one of those supporting corruption?
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Kilode1: 6:39pm On Jan 24, 2011
^^ You know how religious and superstitious our people are now! dem fear curse die cheesy

That was the reason why Prof. Sophie Oluwole suggested we make public civil servants and politicians swear their oath of office to Ogun, Shango, or Amadioha.

Some folks think she's a crazy old professor, I think her suggestion might just work grin

Our people no too dey fear Koran or Bible like that sef!

Ask former Gov. Chris Ngige, Governor Theodore Orji or even Andy Uba about the value of an Okija Oath!

Sango no get time for court case o, he go remove you sharply!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by software(m): 6:54pm On Jan 24, 2011
i still dont think they will win GET, for some reasons, GET isnt the best solution for Nigeria. And if AC,CPC and APGA merges, they will need to produce a better leader who will lead us to the promise land. Buhari might not be the best option for this country at this point in time.

We need leaders with the Fear of God. Because when the fear of God is there, it would be impossible to hurt the person next to U. God BLess this great Country Naija!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by ayubam: 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2011
software:

i still dont think they will win GET, for some reasons, GET isnt the best solution for Nigeria. And if AC,CPC and APGA merges, they will need to produce a better leader who will lead us to the promise land. Buhari might not be the best option for this country at this point in time.

We need leaders with the Fear of God. Because when the fear of God is there, it would be impossible to hurt the person next to U. God BLess this great Country Naija!

@ Software, can u list some attributes of a Leader who has the fear of God, and based on that can you tell us who of all these candidates has the fear of God, and I sincerely hope you will not limit the fear of God to confession of practicing a particular religion.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by ayubam: 7:28pm On Jan 24, 2011
Fellow NLers, a thought just flash through my mind and was convincing to me and I think I should put it here. I think the problem in Nigeria is that most Nigerians ARE CORRUPT (not all though) hence the majority prefers the rule of the corrupt politicians to a right standing one.

All these clamours for good governance are just pretext.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by mensdept: 7:44pm On Jan 24, 2011
^^^Agreed. We are not serious when it comes to nation building
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Gbawe: 9:33pm On Jan 24, 2011
Latest news in today reveals that Buhari has spoken to confirm that the alliance pact is on course to be sealed soon.

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10652:buhari-cpcacn-pact-to-be-sealed-soon&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Buhari: CPC/ACN pact to be sealed soon .
Monday, 24 January 2011 00:00 Lawal Ibrahim, Katsina

Alliance talks between the Congress for Progressive Change [CPC] and the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) are alive and well and will be concluded within the next three days, CPC’s presidential candidate General Muhammadu Buhari said in Katsina yesterday. High level sources from the CPC and ACN also confirmed to Daily Trust yesterday that General Buhari and his allies are meeting with leaders of the ACN, including former Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu in Abuja today in continuation of the talks, which are aimed at fielding a joint presidential candidate and ensuring a power sharing government.

Buhari had met with ACN’s presidential candidate Malam Nuhu Ribadu at his residence in Kaduna at the weekend. Buhari confirmed that the meeting was at his instance. Though he did not give details of the meeting, Daily Trust learnt that the talks between the two candidates were fruitful.

Speaking to newsmen shortly after obtaining his voter’s registration card at his Kofar Baru Daura ward in Katsina State on Saturday, Buhari refuted stories that his absence from a scheduled meeting in Abuja last week had destroyed the alliance talks.

Daily Trust however learnt that Buhari’s absence from last Friday’s scheduled meeting angered the ACN leaders, notably Tinubu, who came from Lagos for what was scheduled to be a final alliance meeting. CPC sources however denied that there was a scheduled meeting; they said ACN governors were in Abuja for other assignments and they requested to see Buhari, who was already on his way to Daura for the voter registration exercise. It was however agreed to hold a crucial meeting today.

Debunking stories of a split, Buhari said there were committees from both sides handling the alliance talks consisting of party chairmen; legal advisers, secretaries and two other members who are working to fine tune the proposals and sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU), after which the two sides will issue an appropriate statement within the next three days.

Responding to reporters’ questions, Buhari said, “Don’t say nothing concrete has been reached. A few days ago I met with Ribadu. He came to my house in Kaduna on my invitation. As some of you might have been observing, for the last six months we have been talking with AC, now ACN and I assure you we are still talking…”

Buhari said the CPC had been the first to conduct its convention and elect its presidential candidate and he had expected the ACN not to produce a presidential candidate, according to the initial agreement. He said since that did not happen, the two have been deliberating on a memorandum of understanding (MOU) which will be ratified, to be followed by a statement.

Still other political sources told Daily Trust last night that the ruling Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] has been working behind the scenes to scuttle the talks between the two opposition parties. PDP’s spokesman Rufai Ahmed Alkali yesterday failed to pick calls intended to seek his reaction on the allegations.

On the crisis rocking various state chapters of the CPC, General Buhari said the party’s board of trustees will meet this week to review all the various complaints and petitions arising from the recent primaries and will forward names of candidates and observations to INEC for consideration.

He said the CPC would strictly adhere to the provisions of the Electoral Act as well as those of the constitution of the party, adding that at the end of the day, what INEC endorsed is what would prevail.

On various complaints that trailed the ongoing voters’ registration exercise, he said though there are fears that PDP and its government are bent on manipulating the process, it’s up to Nigerians to make sure that no one is given the opportunity to rig elections again.[/qoute]
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by honeric01(m): 12:27am On Jan 25, 2011
Something should be arrived at on time.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by edicolove: 1:33am On Jan 25, 2011
All you guys are not serious at all. You just come to NL here and fantasize. I did my voter's registration in Lagos and almost everyone at the registration station said they would vote Fashola and GEJ. You dont know the sentiments on the ground. Lagos is the only state that is almost sure for ACN in the governorship. Dont get carried away. PDP might win back states like Ekiti and Osun. Lagos state ACN is in troubled waters and only the good will of Fashola will guarantee their success. Their primaries was a sham and people are angry. Tinubu has shown he is not a true democrat by all the sham primaries ACN had. So you guys don't have a clue when you keep doing all these permutations. GEJ will win without a sweat. Buhari is too old for Naija. He has no clue as to how to run a modern country. He has no vision. NIgeria needs more than a war against Indiscipline. The sentiments on the ground is for young leadership. IF GEJ can defeat IBB, Atiku and Gusau in the PDP primaries then you must know that he will win the April election easily. Even Shehu Shagari, about the most respected Hausa-Fulani leader, has said the North will vote GEJ. Some of you have still not learnt any lesson from the PDP primaries. It showed you several things

1. The North is not united
2. The North doesn't vote in a block anymore
3. The South is completely united behind GEJ.

Dont delude yourself. States like Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Benue, Plateau and a few others have only PDP. The other parties are practically none existent. This is the reality on the ground. It doesn't matter whether you like the PDP or not.

I will just like to add too hat I am a little disappointed with you guys. You should be canvassing for people to vote the right candidates whatever the party. Not canvassing for a party. Nigeria needs good leaders not a change of party. I will never vote a Tinubu, whatever the party because he is a crook. So is Aregbesola. Another big crook. Doesnt matter how the press tries to paint him. I will vote a Fashola. This is the kind of thinking Nigeria needs.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 25, 2011
honeric01:

Something should be arrived at on time.
Abi o. It's taking too long jare.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Dreamchaser1(f): 8:53am On Jan 25, 2011
@edicolove and jondoe, thank you so much 4 what you wrote! I love you so much! Nigeria doesn't have a PDP problem, it has a leadership problem and all this political parties are the same if not worse than the PDP. I suggest we kick out bad leaders irrespective of their party, that's the sort of change we need. For me, its GEJ all the way!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by honeric01(m): 9:29am On Jan 25, 2011
@Jarus

Do you think Nigeria and Nigerians deserve better leadership than what they are getting now?

Do you think Nigerians deserve a better life? do you think an average Nigerian wants his country to be compared with other developed ones?

Please just highlight and explain your response to these questions BASED on how and what we have been reading from various Nigerians on NL and also the Nigerians you see in person.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 11:16am On Jan 25, 2011
Buhari achieved more in 1.5 years of leadership, than all the leaders after him put together have acheived since Buhari was overthrown by IBB in 1985.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by deandavid(m): 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2011
This is too good to be true, though am from delta state, but any sincere southerner that wants the best for our nigeria will vote out PDP and even our brother GEJ. GEJ maybe a good man but he is in a bad place.lets kick PDP out this time for real. My Niger-Delta brothers we need a real change, and breakage from those past leaders. to do this we need to kick PDP out and now. One nigeria
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by johndoe200: 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
This tomorrow never come? Well you know what they say - Tomorrow Never Comes.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by fstranger1: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2011
johndoe200:

This tomorrow never come? Well you know what they say - Tomorrow Never Comes.

For you!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2011
Buhari has a christian wife - some jihadist !!!

Buhari was tried and tested in power no evidence in office of religious fanaticism.

So stop your lies now!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2011
Thank you, Honeric.
Based on my experience on NL here and in real world, I will say, honestly, that things are pointing to impressive future, at least based on attitude. More and more people are getting aware of the need to do things right. More and more people are seeing the need to register and vote, more and more people are daring the leaders to do the right things, more and more people are having confidence in the system, even the leaders will think twice before dipping their hands into the till these days. There are more and more awareness. I, sincerely, see hope.

Do you think Nigeria and Nigerians deserve better leadership than what they are getting now?
I honestly think so. But I must admit the situation is so bad already that it will not be easy to take note of the performance of even a performing government. Too many areas to fix. But if with the complexities of a state like Lagos, we still see visible development in a short time under a Fashola administration, then I believe a national performance can still be achieved.

I'm aware there are a few -in fact, many - saboteurs out there, but the reality is for leaders that have the will, saboteurs can be crushed. All we need is will. This is why I'm personally opting for Ribadu or Buhari. These are people that, to me, will not look at your face or might in the process of effecting change, as has been seen. Such disposition is needed at this point.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by honeric01(m): 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^^

Well, as for me, i think Nigerians deserve this present leaders they have because they themselves don't know what they want.

A Nigerian would say he or she wants corruption kicked out of Nigeria, yet endorses corrupt people

When the good ones try to come out to help, the same Nigerians shoot them down and various kinda of stereotyping.

So i think most Nigerians are just like their leaders.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2011
Honeric,

Thats the problem with Nigerians.

Do we really want our country to develop or we are just paying lip service?

I get this vibe all the time that Corruption can be excused as long as its done by our favourite people.

When Alams was arrested for corruption see as people rioted in Yenagoa. This was a man who stole money meant for you!!

What of OBJ. A man stole $16b for Power projects without them clearing the site of the project yet people are saying he gave us GSM. Why cant the same OBJ GSM proponent give Buhari credit for giving us Color TV? Shebi GEJ gave us facebook cool

Now with the vibe coming from GEJ and all the crooks he sorrounded himself with we all know its same of the same, When you have Tony Anenih, OBJ etc supporting one particular man, Do you need a soothsayer to tell you that its corruption continued?

In GEJ's 1yr of rule has corruption reduced? What of bomb blasts, Violence and killing in the country has it reduced? The Oct 1 bombing what happened? Between December 24 and Jan 1 a week we had about 4 bombing in a country and all the president is concerned about is how to update his facebook profile.

No one here can level any form of corruption against Buharis candidature yet They are against him simply because "Hausa don rule us enough"

I seriously dey laugh ooo
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by johndoe200: 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2011
Jarus:

Thank you, Honeric.
Based on my experience on NL here and in real world, I will say, honestly, that things are pointing to impressive future, at least based on attitude. More and more people are getting aware of the need to do things right. More and more people are seeing the need to register and vote, more and more people are daring the leaders to do the right things, more and more people are having confidence in the system, even the leaders will think twice before dipping their hands into the till these days. There are more and more awareness. I, sincerely, see hope.
I honestly think so. But I must admit the situation is so bad already that it will not be easy to take note of the performance of even a performing government. Too many areas to fix. But if with the complexities of a state like Lagos, we still see visible development in a short time under a Fashola administration, then I believe a national performance can still be achieved.

I'm aware there are a few -in fact, many - saboteurs out there, but the reality is for leaders that have the will, saboteurs can be crushed. All we need is will. This is why I'm personally opting for Ribadu or Buhari. These are people that, to me, will not look at your face or might in the process of effecting change, as has been seen. Such disposition is needed at this point.

Don't take this the wrong way but what about KWARA state? If Baba Oloye says you should vote for GEJ, wont you and every other voter in Kwara?
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by spyder880(m): 5:46pm On Jan 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Honeric,

I get this vibe all the time that Corruption can be excused as long as its done by our favourite people.

When Alams was arrested for corruption see as people rioted in Yenagoa. This was a man who stole money meant for you!!

What of OBJ. A man stole $16b for Power projects without them clearing the site of the project yet people are saying he gave us GSM. Why cant the same OBJ GSM proponent give Buhari credit for giving us Color TV? Shebi GEJ gave us facebook  cool

Now with the vibe coming from GEJ and all the crooks he sorrounded himself with we all know its same of the same, When you have Tony Anenih, OBJ etc supporting one particular man, Do you need a soothsayer to tell you that its corruption continued?

In GEJ's 1yr of rule has corruption reduced? What of bomb blasts, Violence and killing in the country has it reduced? The Oct 1 bombing what happened? Between December 24 and Jan 1 a week we had about 4 bombing in a country and all the president is concerned about is how to update his facebook profile.

No one here can level any form of corruption against Buharis candidature yet They are against him simply because "Hausa don rule us enough"

Let he that is without blame cast the first frigg'n stone!
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by johndoe200: 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Honeric,

What of OBJ. A man stole $16b for Power projects without them clearing the site of the project yet people are saying he gave us GSM. Why cant the same OBJ GSM proponent give Buhari credit for giving us Color TV? Shebi GEJ gave us facebook  cool

Well you see, that;s the difference between an internet Nigerian and a real one.

If we say enough of Hausa what is wrong with that? Anyway, I am sure that and your fellow internet Nigerians will  vote for Buhari in Dallas, London, Copenhagen etc.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by hasyak(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2011
ayubam:

Fellow NLers, a thought just flash through my mind and was convincing to me and I think I should put it here. I think the problem in Nigeria is that most Nigerians ARE CORRUPT (not all though) hence the majority prefers the rule of the corrupt politicians to a right standing one.

All these clamours for good governance are just pretext.

in as much i hate to agree with you, but that seems to be the truth. in a country like nigeria where pdp have ruled for almost 12 years now, nothing concrete to show for it. i dont have anything against GEJ but the party he is in, can not bring in the  positive changes we desire in this country.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by dayokanu(m): 5:56pm On Jan 25, 2011
johndoe200:

Well you see, that;s the difference between an internet Nigerian and a real one.

If we say enough of Hausa what is wrong with that? Anyway, I am sure that and your fellow internet Nigerians will  vote for Buhari in Dallas, London, Copenhagen etc.

In other words, An Internet Nigerian wants a president who is not corrupt regardless of where he is from, A real nigerian wants someone from their own side of the country even when he is corrupt? Honeric, you are hereby an Internet Nigerian

Good to know you validate my points.

Not for one day did I support OBJ being president even though he is Yoruba, But for you and yours Its okay to be corrupt as long as the person is not from the North
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by spyder880(m): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2011
dayokanu:

In other words, An Internet Nigerian wants a president who is not corrupt regardless of where he is from, A real nigerian wants someone from their own side of the country even when he is corrupt? Honeric, you are hereby an Internet Nigerian

Not for one day did I support OBJ being president even though he is Yoruba, But for you and yours Its okay to be corrupt as long as the person is not from the North
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by Gbawe: 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2011
johndoe200:

If we say enough of Hausa what is wrong with that? Anyway, I am sure that and your fellow internet Nigerians will  vote for Buhari in Dallas, London, Copenhagen etc.

Some of you fans of GEJ should learn to think before you talk. When you speak in haste you tend to sound hypocritical and self-contradictory like the candidate you support. GEJ is running on the slogan that he is best for Nigeria irrespective of his ethnicity. Does that same ideology not apply to Northerners who feel they are the best candidates to lead Nigeria forward? Saying "enough of Hausa" means you , one way or the other , endorse the discrimination Jonathan and his fans are trying to convince Nigerians to stand up against by giving Mr. President another 4 years. You constantly claim to be on the ground so maybe you are Tony Anenih . Afterall It was Anenih , speaking as you now do, who was threathening fire and brimstone against any SS delegate who dared to vote for a Northerner while the same vile chap expects Northerners to vote for GEJ.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by johndoe200: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2011
dayokanu:

Please tell me what you KNOW, not think that GEJ has looted? Of all the so called candidates he is the most clean.

Look even if you think are motives are not valid, what does it matter? We are what we are, if you don't like it, don't come visiting for Christmas.
Re: CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! by fstranger1: 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2011
johndoe200:

Please tell me what you KNOW, not think that GEJ has looted? Of all the so called candidates he is the most clean.

Look even if you think are motives are not valid, what does it matter? W[b]e are what we are, if you don't like it, don't come visiting for Christmas[/b].

Why are you so jealous of us diasporans

I make in a day, what you make in a year.

Be nice to us, you might end up working for one of us!

A word is enough.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Otedola/Lawan $620K Bribery Scandal Probe Hits Dead End / Pictures From Senate's Nigeria@52 Dinner / Jonathan Signs 2013 Budget Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.