Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market (31953 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by IFNOTGOD(m): 10:24am On Jun 09, 2020
coputa:
encroch into urhobo land,then you will know that they 're not coward.

nothing go happen, I am an urhobo Papa n mama side n lived almost all my life in warri, Urhobo has divided demselves and keep disttabilizing demselves politically hence cannot n no longer hold a single front like it use to do.

dey will use Ogboru to scuttle all our governorship position by dividing d votes while odas pick a single candidate.

I was among those who protested when Ogboru lost selection to Ibori n den Uduaghan n d mumu kept quiet when houses where burnt in Abraka, no words of encouragement n den he came to Abuja to b dining n wining with same set of politicians.

Election 2023 he will still contest again n I pray he continues to lose.

till date UPU house in Agbarho has not been completed if dat house was to b for Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba by now it would have been long completed.

if u want talk of urhobo leave dat mata

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2020
feldido:

And you think the Obolo people have not seen the post all these years to try correct it?

Have the Obolo people ever disclaimed it?
Do you know the Andoni's are also in the Ijaw Youth Congress(IYC)?

Don't expose your ignorance in public another time, A simple Google search would have helped you.

Andoni people are Igbos they have Igbo first name and Igbo surnames.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nengibo: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

So we are all one after all but Yoruba Scarfaced witches plus their son Edo from a bond woman wants to divide us. We are Biafrans.
You're on your own Igbo man, we aren't leaving Nigeria to another mini Nigeria
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nengibo: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

You aren't serious which Andoni man has Igbo name is it Tele Ikuru or UcheAwaji Secondus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsLPJMmHOy4
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:27am On Jun 09, 2020
nengibo:

You're on your own Igbo man, we aren't leaving Nigeria to another mini Nigeria

You are on your own too nengibo. If you are Ijaw thinking you'll control anyone you lie, when Biafra is declared if Ijaws don't want to join they can go away and stay on their own but they ain't taking any tribe with them that is not Ijaw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by betterpikinn: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

WE Hypocritical OSU lPOB JEWS will never disappoint, but watch how WE fools will come tomorrow by the time the usual stealing and corruption is found under a OSU man's agbada like Orji Uzor kalu, WE unholy thieves will come here to shout "Yorubas mind your business and leave us WE FRUSTRATED OSUS alone", so WE that DON'T mind Our business what has OSUS not got to do with Itshekiri and Ijaw fight?? or is that OUR wish are subtly declaring there for YORUBAS to feel happy when two OSU tribes are fighting?. Something is definitely wrong with the OSU race somewhere!
Definitely!
Now I know where your stupîdity and frustration is coming from.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by abokikhalifa: 10:28am On Jun 09, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Hmmmmm

Wonderful...

Both are birds of same feathers and characters...that feeds fat on blackmailing others..

Their business there..

Where is even Reno Omokri, can't he go and settle the differences or errmm Asari dokubo(Edi-abali) can't he also go and broker peace there...

Na to come and be dragging nonsense and blackmailing others especially that Asari and notorious Reno.

Delta state is the most confuse state in Nigeria. With more that 20 ethnic group in a state. The igbo speaking part of delta are not even recognized as deltans in the eyes of ijaw and itsshekiri etc.

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nengibo: 10:29am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

You are on your own too nengibo. If you are Ijaw thinking you'll control anyone you lie, when Biafra is declared if Ijaws don't want to join they can go away and stay on their own but they ain't taking any tribe with them that is not Ijaw.

Just count Ijaws out of your country, you've been told so since day one.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:29am On Jun 09, 2020
nengibo:

You aren't serious which Andoni man has Igbo name is it Tele Ikuru or UcheAwaji Secondus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsLPJMmHOy4

Wait so Uche is not Igbo name? Or is Ikuru not Igbo name anymore? I don't know if it's the smell of gas thats being flared in your area that is affecting your brains.

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by feldido(m): 10:29am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Why not say the Opobos and the Igbani people of Bonny are also Ibos cos they have IBO names
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nengibo: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2020
abokikhalifa:

Delta state is the most confuse state in Nigeria. With more that 20 ethnic group in a state. The igbo speaking part of delta are not even recognized as deltans in the eyes of ijaw and itsshekiri etc.
Delta doesn't have up to 20 ethnic groups
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:31am On Jun 09, 2020
nengibo:

Just count Ijaws out of your country, you've been told so since day one.

Funny enough no one takes Ijaw seriously, just count Akwa Ibom and Delta out of your "Ijaw owned" Niger Delta Republic, you've been warned!
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Malawian(m): 10:32am On Jun 09, 2020
Haba, Na so Niger Delta republic go dey dey? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nengibo: 10:33am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Wait so Uche is not Igbo name? Or is Ikuru not Igbo name anymore? I don't know if it's the smell of gas thats being flared in your area that is affecting your brains.
Uche in obolo language means gift, Uche awaji means Gods gift, it has been explained a million times, Ikuru, mean to wait, does Igbo own the latin alphabet or something cos to you everything sounds like igbo to you people, it's how one ipob idiot told me amanyanabo is Igbo language, una brain go on vacation

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:33am On Jun 09, 2020
feldido:

Why not say the Opobos and the Igbani people of Bonny are also Ibos cos they have IBO names

Why not say?? Of course they are Igbos or are you insane or what?? So in your mind they can be Ijaws even without any Ijaw names but they can't be Igbos even with Igbo names huh?

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Psalms5522: 10:34am On Jun 09, 2020
Human greed will never be satisfied na this same ogbe ijoh matter na Im make warri burn from 1998 to 2000 ruin the oil city economy drive all oil companies from warri. I was a survivour of that crisis, but why bring it up again is the question I wish to ask this two groups. I thought all the lives lost and the blood spilled had satisfied their greed but with what i saw today, they are still hungry for more. Hmmmm...... Let God’s kingdom Come

7 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2020
nengibo:

[s]Uche in obolo language means gift, Uche awaji means Gods gift, it has been explained a million times, Ikuru, mean to wait, does Igbo own the latin alphabet or something cos to you everything sounds like igbo to you people, it's how one ipob idiot told me amanyanabo is Igbo language, una brain go on vacation[/s]

Shut up slowpoke stop talking trash Uche means "thought or mind", Uche-nna or "Uche-nda" (Thought/mind of father) Uche-chi (Thought/mind of God) does Nyesom mean suggardaddy in Obolo language too? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by SlayQueenIG: 10:36am On Jun 09, 2020
MansoryMX:

Fulani dey disturb Anioma North & South, Ughelli South & North, Ika local government but not Warri South or Warri North. They won’t dare misbehave here in Warri south. Dem know how Itsekiri and Ijaw people dey craze bro. No love no mercy if Fulani try any rubbish here. Militants go scatter dem with GMG instantly. Lastly these regions are mostly creeks, small islands and waterlines areas. I rest my case.

Pack one side abegi

Na only to dey make mouth una sabi.

I see the way Hausa_fulani have taken over many places in Warri to the extent that on Fridays they block main road to pray.
They even blocked market road on market day and nothing happened.
They lay mats in your own roads and you did nothing.

Make we here word abeg

7 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:37am On Jun 09, 2020
betterpikinn:

Definitely!
Now I know where your stupîdity and frustration is coming from.

Glad you got my message enough to make you spend a whole lot of time editing it.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nengibo: 10:37am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Shut up slowpoke stop talking trash Uche means "thought or mind", do Nyesom means suggardaddy in Obolo language right?
Is nyesom wike from andoni, are you stupid or just ignorant or you dont know the same word can have two meanings in two different languages or is Obolo an igbo dialect, ur stupidity stinks

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 09, 2020
tiredoflife:

U go blame dem
Awolowo of cursed memory came to give staff of office to a mere slave dispute sit which they now call olu of warri cos they were yorubas we urhobos used as slaves
But of cause they have mouth since that bastard elevated the stool to a first class traditional stool
The warri crisis of 98 no do dem
They will get more than they bargained for soon
Bloody slaves
Your post reeks of pure ignorance. Warri as a word was derived from the itsekiri word "Iwerre". Go and ask any historian you know. Before 1900, different history books and documents have always referred to the king as either olu of Itsekiri or Olu of Iwerre. When Iwerre was corrupted to Warri by the Portuguese, it is only right that his title be referred to as Olu of Warri. I don't see why you all bicker over naming a king over his own word that was corrupted. Gosh! Yet Urhobos and Ijaws wants to die to claim the Itsekiri word that was corrupted. Funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by feldido(m): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Why not say?? Of course they are Igbos or are you insane or what?? So in your mind they can be Ijaws even without any Ijaw names but they can't be Igbos even with Igbo names huh?

I rest my case, I see no reason to argue with someone who have decided to show his ignorance in public space. The people you claim are Ibos said they are Ijaws and speak Ijaw, but you want them to agree that they are Ibos cos you guys are landlocked and want a front for your Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:45am On Jun 09, 2020
nengibo:

Is nyesom wike from andoni, are you stupid or just ignorant or you dont know the same word can have two meanings in two different languages or is Obolo an igbo dialect, ur stupidity stinks

There is no different Uche anywhere in Rivers State period whether Obolo or Ojoto, monkey! That was how an idiot was telling me the other day that Chidi means something else in Rivers State while we all see that its only Igbos that have Chi as God and so use it in almost all our names, that Chi alone is enough proof for that fool who's just like you that the name is Igbo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 09, 2020
nengibo:
The name of the name proves the ownership i guess
You cant be in Bayelsa and then come up with weak statements to score points. So because the ijaws refer to the place as Ogbe-ijoh market then it is theirs. Have you stopped to ask what the Itsekiris call market? Listen carefully, before independence, long before you were born, that market used to be called Dore Numa Market. Dore Numa was an Itsekiri chief in charge of all lands in Warri. Fast forward to some time in the '90s, the ijaws have since changed the name to Ogbe-ijoh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

Sir, ijaw has no land in warri south local government. Where the market is situated is owned by Agbasa community Itsekiris. Ijaws are trouble makers. Ibori drove them out from the market after the crisis.
FACT

To add:
It is only the Itsekiris that are natives of all three warri LGA. The word warri was gotten from the Itsekiri word "Iwerre" which was corrupted by the Portuguese explorers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by IpobAntidote: 10:48am On Jun 09, 2020
[s]
Johnandv:

I think Igbos are your family and entire tribe's hope of survival that's why if you don't mention Igbo it looks as if you might not live to see the next day.
[/s]

Another miscreant suffering from grand delusional self worth. Empty chest beating cretin.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Bigchristo: 10:48am On Jun 09, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Hmmmmm

Wonderful...

Both are birds of same feathers and characters...that feeds fat on blackmailing others..

Their business there..

Where is even Reno Omokri, can't he go and settle the differences or errmm Asari dokubo(Edi-abali) can't he also go and broker peace there...

Na to come and be dragging nonsense and blackmailing others especially that Asari and notorious Reno.
your comments is very sentimental,if you have issues with Asari and Reno this isn’t the best opportunity to get back at them, find a better ground , there are people running the state currently why don’t you call them out to broker peace?
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nowpresence(f): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2020
SlayQueenIG:

Pack one side abegi

Na only to dey make mouth una sabi.

I see the way Hausa_fulani have taken over many places in Warri to the extent that on Fridays they block main road to pray.
They even blocked market road on market day and nothing happened.
They lay mats in your own roads and you did nothing.

Make we here word abeg
which part of warri is that?
what is the name of the market and road?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2020
feldido:

I rest my case, I see no reason to argue with someone who have decided to show his ignorance in public space. The people you claim are Ibos said they are Ijaws and speak Ijaw, but you want them to agree that they are Ibos cos you guys are landlocked and want a front for your Biafra.

Keep thinking your small Ijaw is one big superpower grin till you are cut to sizeable size morons, because people speak Ijaw they are now Ijaw, you don't want another tribe to associate with their Igboness because they are in Rivers State and according to you they are not "landlocked". Your Ijaw Republic is loading soon by force, we will chase you people to your corners in Rivers and Bayesla, you ain't taking no other tribe with you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nengibo: 10:51am On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

You cant be in Bayelsa and then come up with weak statements to score points. So because the ijaws refer to the place as Ogbe-ijoh market then it is theirs. Have you stopped to ask what the Itsekiris call market? Listen carefully, before independence, long before you were born, that market used to be called Dore Numa Market. Dore Numa was an Itsekiri chief in charge of all lands in Warri. Fast forward to some time in the '90s, the ijaws have since changed the name to Ogbe-ijoh.
I'm from Rivers, secondly will you have the same argument if the market was name Ogbe itsekiri, and why did you 'allow' the Ijaws to change the name of your ancestral land
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 10:53am On Jun 09, 2020
IpobAntidote:
[s][/s]

Another miscreant suffering from grand delusional self worth. Empty chest beating cretin.

After blowing hot air you'll still mention Igbos, Ipob and Nnamdi Kanu again, I know it fool it's just a matter of when you'll mention it, whether its an Igbo related Thread or notgrin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by SlayQueenIG: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

The name Obolo sounds more Igbo than Ijaw, infact there is Obolo in either IMO or Abia.

Obowo no Obolo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

President Buhari Is Meeting With APC Presidential Aspirants In Abuja / Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs / Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.