Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market (31956 Views)

Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Itsekiri And Other Eastern Minorities / Ijaw, Itsekiri Unite Against Oil Companies, 20 Years After Warri War / Asaba Massacre Nostalgia, Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, Itsekiri Let's Weep Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2020
UrRealG:

You sure?

Ogbe-Ijoh market rightfully belongs to the Ijaws, truth be told.
Ijaws are not native of warri south LGA. Apart from the Ogbe-ijoh market that they are trying to claim. Name any other ijaw settlement in warri south. I'm waiting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by coputa(m): 10:56am On Jun 09, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

nothing go happen, I am an urhobo Papa n mama side n lived almost all my life in warri, Urhobo has divided demselves and keep disttabilizing demselves politically hence cannot n no longer hold a single front like it use to do.

dey will use Ogboru to scuttle all our governorship position by dividing d votes while odas pick a single candidate.

I was among those who protested when Ogboru lost selection to Ibori n den Uduaghan n d mumu kept quiet when houses where burnt in Abraka, no words of encouragement n den he came to Abuja to b dining n wining with same set of politicians.

Election 2023 he will still contest again n I pray he continues to lose.

till date UPU house in Agbarho has not been completed if dat house was to b for Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba by now it would have been long completed.

if u want talk of urhobo leave dat mata
truth!,urhobo lack unity and money can divide urhobo
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 09, 2020
nengibo:

I'm from Rivers, secondly will you have the same argument if the market was name Ogbe itsekiri, and why did you 'allow' the Ijaws to change the name of your ancestral land
I don't understand your first question. I already said the market was initially called "Dore Numa Market" and that Dore Numa was an Itsekiri chief in charge of all lands in Warri. For your second question, I am not the one that allowed it to be changed to Ogbe whatever. Damn! Like I have the powers to do so undecided
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Igboid: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Una mumu never do?

Kill yourselves, when you are done, Fulani herdsmen are on stand by in your bushes to mop up whoever won and claim your lands.

Sense is just far away from Southern Nigeria ethnic groups. Unite and chase away the Fulanis occupying your farmlands, Mba. Nah to fight and bicker with each other over small lands that you can easily sit on a table and share amicably while you unite to face the real enemy.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by SlayQueenIG: 11:00am On Jun 09, 2020
nowpresence:

which part of warri is that?
what is the name of the market and road?

I will post the video soon later and mention you
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:00am On Jun 09, 2020
SlayQueenIG:

Obowo no Obolu

Obolo

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:03am On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

I don't understand your first question. I already said the market was initially called "Dore Numa Market" and that Dore Numa was an Itsekiri chief in charge of all lands in Warri. For your second question, I am not the one that allowed it to be changed to Ogbe whatever. Damn! Like I have the powers to do so undecided

Don't mind these Ijaws I don't know if they are the Fulanis we have over here. They claim everyone and everything is Ijaw. I wonder the kind of weed the smoke.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Kennyfancy(m): 11:05am On Jun 09, 2020
ArticleBeast:

Urhobos are cowards. With their population they should be in charge of delta state
ur father is a coward

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:06am On Jun 09, 2020
betterpikinn:

I fixed you a cup of tea.
Something a jobless and frustrated OSU pig deserves.

You fixed a cup of tea that you refused to fix for your starving father it's me your master you feel like serving tea. Face it you ugly Rhinos can't do without mentioning Igbos, stop deviating and admit the truth in honesty, it's like you are our bond maids who's highly intoxicated with the sweetness of the Master's dickkgrin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by nengibo: 11:09am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

There is no different Uche anywhere in Rivers State period whether Obolo or Ojoto, monkey! That was how an idiot was telling me the other day that Chidi means something else in Rivers State while we all see that its only Igbos that have Chi as God and so use it in almost all our names, that Chi alone is enough proof for that fool who's just like you.
You're just an unrepentant nicompoop ,go and die

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Malawian(m): 11:10am On Jun 09, 2020
tonyxxx:
the name of the market says it all. if it belonged to the itsekiri's, I guess it's name would sound something like (ogbe-itsekiri).

I thought about that but is it really the case? maybe or not, but we know there are places we call "ama awusa" in Igboland, does it mean those places now belong to Hausas? It is those who know the history of that place that can tell us what is going on there.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by AsawanaDgreat: 11:12am On Jun 09, 2020
Where is Tompolo and Asari Dokubo? Come and settle your boys
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:13am On Jun 09, 2020
nengibo:

[s]You're just an unrepentant nicompoop ,go and die[/s]

Foolish Ijaw you want to run the Fulani style colony in South South, you left Bayelsa to go Fight Itshekiri in Delta. Tomorrow you'll fight people in Akwa Ibom. You are like Fulanis no wonder Asari is an Ijaw Muslim. Foolish people, you can't be allowed to take what's not yours never!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2020
Malawian:

I thought about that but is it really the case? maybe or not, but we know there are places we call "ama awusa" in Igboland, does it mean those places now belong to Hausas? It is those who know the history of that place that can tell us what is going on there.

Don't mind Ijaw trouble makers. No wonder they don't want to join Biafra because it's only the Igbos that can stop their madness of grabbing people's land by force, they want to enjoy the majority status.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Iriruaga100(m): 11:16am On Jun 09, 2020
Datazone:

FACT

To add:
It is only the Itsekiris that are natives of all three warri LGA. The word warri was gotten from the Itsekiri word "Iwerre" which was corrupted by the Portuguese explorers

You are wrong ma'am. Where the market is currently situated is owned by Agbasa community.. Its a known fact by all who reside in warri.. Don't change history ma, itsekiri still pay rent to Okumagba family for the current Olu palace.. Warri south is owned by Urhobo's and Itsekiti's, while Warri north is for Itsekiri and Ijaw , while warri southwest is for Itsekiri and ijaw. Infact where Ogbe-ijo is located is owned by Aladja in Udu local government. Ijaws and Itsekiri's are known land grabbers..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by betterpikinn: 11:16am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

I fixed a cup of tea that you refused to fix for MY USELESS DRUNKARD starving father. it's you master I feel like serving good tea. Face it, ME ugly Rhinos can't do without mentioning Yorubas, I WILL stop deviating and admit the truth in honesty that I'm hopeless and my ugly mother is a filthy whøre, it's like yorubas are our bond MASTERS who's highly intoxicated with the sweeteness of teaching us lessons grin.
Wow grin

What a cool story cool
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:18am On Jun 09, 2020
betterpikinn:

Wow grin

What a cool story cool

Glad you enjoyed it bond maids to Igbos. grin

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Japhtee(m): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2020
IFNOTGOD:

was goodluck president when ijaw and itsekiri were fighting?

some of u have never been to warri but u sit and type all manner of stories.

I was still in secondary school when dat fight happened n goodluck was not d president

My house is along Osubi road close to Lawfab hotel. I have been living at warri since my youth service days. You talk as if the 2003 fight was and is the only Ijaw and Itshekiri fight. If I ask you why majority of APC supporters are from Itshekiri what will your answer be. They fought 2013 over who becomes chairman of warri north and their was renewed tension. Itshekiris as a result felt Ijaws are backed by Good luck.

Well you can meet me at Solidas hotel in the evening let's take some bottles

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by IpobAntidote: 11:21am On Jun 09, 2020
[s]
Johnandv:

After blowing hot air you'll still mention Igbos, Ipob and Nnamdi Kanu again, I know it fool it's just a matter of when you'll mention it, whether its an Igbo related Thread or notgrin grin
[/s]

Incoherent mumbling of a lost soul. Better go back to a real school and learn to write in proper English instead of this your Aba made incoherent mambo jambo TRASH.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by betterpikinn: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Glad you enjoyed it bond maids to Igbos. grin
I'm glad you saw the fix.
A s.l.a.v.e to yorubas cheesy
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:27am On Jun 09, 2020
IpobAntidote:
[s][/s]

[s]Incoherent mumbling of a lost soul. Better go back to a real school and learn to write in proper English instead of this your Aba made incoherent mambo jambo TRASH[/s].

Coming from a free education crooner who was deprived of quality education grin
Show me the incoherence there in my comment. Do you even know the meaning of the words "proper English and incoherent" or you heard it somewhere and felt like using it today? grin Afonja illiteracy and hypocrisy is disgusting to say the least..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2020
betterpikinn:

I'm glad you saw the fix.
A s.l.a.v.e to yorubas cheesy

Good it's sinking now, but I assure you you'll mention Igbos and Ipob before the end of today grin, they are your oxygen of course. Bondmaid! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Philistine(m): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2020
tiredoflife:

U go blame dem
Awolowo of cursed memory came to give staff of office to a mere slave dispute sit which they now call olu of warri cos they were yorubas we urhobos used as slaves
But of cause they have mouth since that bastard elevated the stool to a first class traditional stool
The warri crisis of 98 no do dem
They will get more than they bargained for soon
Bloody slaves
Mr.Geofrey, you are now above 40yrs, quit all this childish and tribalistic attitude, grow up and begin to act your age. Haba!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Iriruaga100:

You are wrong ma'am. Where the market is currently situated is owned by Agbasa community.. Its a known fact by all who reside in warri.. Don't change history ma, itsekiri still pay rent to Okumagba family for the current Olu palace.. Warri south is owned by Urhobo's and Itsekiti's, while Warri north is for Itsekiri and Ijaw , while warri southwest is for Itsekiri and ijaw. Infact where Ogbe-ijo is located is owned by Aladja in Udu local government. Ijaws and Itsekiri's are known land grabbers..
Funnily how Urhobos keep peddling same unverified lies every now and then. According to TA Salubi, a renowned Urhobo historian and one of the founding fathers of the UPU (Urhobo Progressive Union) in one of their statements on the ownership of Warri he said that the Itsekiris leased land from them to build a Warri town hall. It was never stated that Itsekiris pay okumagba for a palace whatever. If you doubt, I challenge you from now till the end of this year to bring hard facts. Use Google, ask any Urhobo historian you know. Stop selling lies. I ask you, what is the market called by Urhobos before Nigeria's independence?

FACT: In old Warri, itsekiri is taught as a language in all schools in Warri.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by IpobAntidote: 11:36am On Jun 09, 2020
[s]
Johnandv:

Coming from a free education crooner who was deprived of quality education grin
Show me the incoherence there in my comment. Do you even know the meaning of the words "proper English and incoherent" or you heard it somewhere and felt like using it today? grin Afonja illiteracy and hypocrisy is disgusting to say the least..
[/s]

It's not my job to educated empty shallow brainless fools like you. If you can't spot the errors in your delusional post, then you need to find a night school and start from scratch. Retarded brainwashed IPOB semi educated "umbllela, Blead, bloda" gala hawking fool on the streets of Lagos monkey.
I have more advance education in my pinky finger than your whole clan.

STFU and GET LOST.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by betterpikinn: 11:39am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

Good it's sinking now, but I assure you you'll mention Igbos and Ipob before the end of today grin, they are your oxygen of course. Bondmaid! grin
As a tribal bigot.

I'm sure your obsession with yorubas will send you to your early grave. The funny thing is, most you know deep down you that yorubas are 100x better and ahead of you in all ramifications.
It's you people that runs from post to coast looking for greener pastures. You can't sit in your state to develop it but will claim to be developing another man's state grin How sensible grin
No matter what you type, nothing will change the facts.
Jealousy and hate is eating you up. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Kfed4ril(m): 11:46am On Jun 09, 2020
IpobAntidote:

Some retards must turn everything into Fulani issues even when Igbos are killing each other, they will find a way to turn it into Fulani matter. Bunch of delusional brainwashed retards.

God, how I love NL.
They must find a way to involve Igbo in everything they do.
Bunch of retards.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 09, 2020
Johnandv:

They are Biafrans. Yes Igbo siblings, our younger ones..

Don't ever quote me again.

I don't entertain any Ipob Miscreants on my quote.

Why not pack the whole nigeria and call it Igbos.

Someone as useless as kanu and his fellow miscreants needs to be nuked down by dynamite.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Johnandv: 11:53am On Jun 09, 2020
betterpikinn:

[s]As a tribal bigot.

I'm sure your obsession with yorubas will send you to your early grave. The funny thing is, most you know deep down you that yorubas are 100x better and ahead of you in all ramifications.
It's you people that runs from post to coast looking for greener pastures. You can't sit in your state to develop it but will claim to be developing another man's state grin How sensible grin
Jealousy and hate is eating you up. ;[/s]D

You see you people will never ever disappoint, you are forming the victim now like powerless children, this is exactly what I said earlier and you have validated it without knowing cos you are a hypocrite by default, it comes to you naturally. So you did not see how your fellow Afonja mentioned Igbos first and I only gave it back to him with equal or more firepower. Keep fooling yourself thinking you are deceiving anybody, you think Igbos are jealous of you lazy leaches but it's you people that cant go a day without mentioning Igbos on issues that dont involve them, now who's jealous of the other here?, who's ahead of the other now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by IpobAntidote: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2020
[s]
Kfed4ril:

God, how I love NL.
They must find a way to involve Igbo in everything they do.
Bunch of retards.
[/s]

The case is actually the reverse. It is the Igbos that will find ways to involve other tribes even if the fight is strictly between Igbos. They will say "Instead of fighting each other why not fight the Fulanis" or just blame Buhari and Fulanis for anything that happens even in Yebo land. You must be new to NL.
Retardation is very prevalent in your land, sure seem like you have been affected too. Pls don't pass it on to the next generation.
Re: Ijaw, Itsekiri Communities At War Over Ogbe-Ijoh Market by Kwashiman: 11:54am On Jun 09, 2020
betterpikinn:

As a tribal bigot.

Jealousy and hate is eating you up. grin
Typical case of a butterfly that thinks itself a bird grin
The only thing(s) yorroobas are better in all ramifications are skull mining AKA ritual killings and body parts transactions, losing your ports, lands, market economy, lands, and even a whole territory to your Hausa/Fulani and Igbo masters. Stop flattering yourself with mundane self-adulations...we sabi una pass una sef

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs / Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? / Yakubu Dogara Resumes Work As Speaker (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.