Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,011 members, 7,828,545 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? (49824 Views)

Is It Normal To See Women Sun Bathing In Bikinis At Home In Brazil(photos) / If We Are Dating & I Find Out You Play Sports Betting, It’s Over - Nigerian Lady / 2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Nyamve1: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2020
No need of prior notice except u guys are just playing around
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 09, 2020
Depends on the purpose of your relationship with your partner. If the Goal is marriage and parenthood of your future kids, it is wrong to call before visiting each other. How would you understudy and prequalify a future partner without elements of surprises and spying?

It is after the period of test before we can trust each other.

But if you are just bleeping around without a mission. You better call. Those who engage in senseless sex are unstructured in their ways, they could get upset if you dont call before going.

I can see them on nairaland. Their impulsive reaction is their core competence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Blackdisciple(m): 11:19pm On Jun 09, 2020
Hmmm....

Why na u should let him / her knw na....

ok what if u came and missed ur hubby at home, then will u start paying transport back home or wait for him till he comes back or call him at work place or wherever hubby is to come home cos u are around like that's selfish
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Damosoftic(m): 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2020
To me, prior notification is important because its possible she visit and I'm not around.

What if she dont have duplicate of my key with her, she will have to go back
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by GboyegaD(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sermwell:

I just think if you need boundaries, stay on your own and don't get involved in relationships expecially romanctic ones.

Your opinion is okay but it doesn't really fit. I believe in boundaries and they have to be respected. That is me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by foleskay(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
nanauju:
Well, as much as I would like that u notify me when you are coming (just incase I'm riding something), I don't think the issue should cause any unnecessary fuse
''When you're riding something '. Chaii, you go hot in reverse cow boy. Tualee for you shocked
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Bizibi(m): 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2020
Eulalia:
If I can't visit you without preinforming you, then there's no us. Like seriously why should I? The only reason I'll call is if I need to see you urgently and need to be sure if you're home or at a friends so I can meet you up. Otherwise, I'll storm for my cabal as ah like. No shaking cool

The man is having a skeleton in his cupboard thats why he's angry. The Lady should reconsider. No time. sad
hmmm....I must inform the person before I visit.i have learnt my lesson from past mistakes.
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Correcto: 11:26pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lol you are hiding something in your personal space
chiddyok:

Nothing fishy. I love my personal space so I respect other’s own too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by foleskay(m): 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
Lol. If we re to vote now, we would see that most ladies will support the idea of visiting unannounced, while the guys would go against it, only few will feel indifferent. Nigeria girls always hv this feeling of insecurity to their guys, that is why most would surely visit unannounced.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by nextstep(m): 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2020
Well, the verb "visit" means you are going to someone else's house. Emphasis on "else's house".

Girlfriend should call or otherwise inform her boyfriend that she is coming for a visit. I don't like unannounced visits... I may have my friends over, might want to concentrate on work/school, or some other thing, and your impromptu visit is (for me) an invasion of my peace and space.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by SavageResponse(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2020
Sermwell:
We had to settle a serious quarrel in my compound today between a lady and the guy she's dating! It's actually a serious relationship because if not for the covid-19 pandemic, they would have been married!

The guy claimed that his woman came to visit him without pre-informing him and the lady was screaming at the top of her voice that she doesn't have to call him before coming.

Some of my neighbors were in support of the guy and I feel it's not right because I'm also dating someone, and we visit each other anytime we like without prior notice!!

Some of my neighbors think otherwise!!
please I need your opinion. Do you think it's wrong to visit someone you are dating without prior notice??

And so what if they're dating?

You should call before showing up at a person's house

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Zeinymira(f): 11:45pm On Jun 09, 2020
friendl:
Guy ,l even call my wife if she is at home .....very wrong to visit someone unannounced

Are you a Muslim?
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by agaziomohwilfre(m): 11:51pm On Jun 09, 2020
is very good to visit a girl why dating
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Andrew13: 11:53pm On Jun 09, 2020
D guy has been cheating cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Yakyah: 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2020

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by chocboi78(m): 11:57pm On Jun 09, 2020
Its not okay to visit anyone unannounced , buh visiting a fiance without notice should not lead to any from of argument or misunderstanding...

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by mrnelsono(m): 11:59pm On Jun 09, 2020
This one is serious
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:01am On Jun 10, 2020
chiddyok:

Nothing fishy. I love my personal space so I respect other’s own too.

A lot of you are kids not ready for serious relationship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:03am On Jun 10, 2020
Nickymezor:
Lolz, very funni

Hope u wouldn't come unannounced Nne
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by kkinternet: 12:05am On Jun 10, 2020
No..its not ok to do that....you can't just come and catch me unawares . Prior information is the best...

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by AfroKnight: 12:07am On Jun 10, 2020
Most of these comments only consider the situation where the woman visits the man unannounced. Perhaps if the roles were reversed they would understand the need to call beforehand.

Even if you get key, madam, call me before you show.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 12:09am On Jun 10, 2020
Sermwell:
We had to settle a serious quarrel in my compound today between a lady and the guy she's dating! It's actually a serious relationship because if not for the covid-19 pandemic, they would have been married!

The guy claimed that his woman came to visit him without pre-informing him and the lady was screaming at the top of her voice that she doesn't have to call him before coming.

Some of my neighbors were in support of the guy and I feel it's not right because I'm also dating someone, and we visit each other anytime we like without prior notice!!

please I need your opinion. Do you think it's wrong to visit someone you are dating without prior notice??

If she was SCREAMING her intentions to her to-be Husband, l see that as a bad sign, maybe the Heavens are just revealing to the guy, the kind of Life-Trouble he is about walking into.
We tend to ignore all these small, small signs when we are in-love
but when the deed is done, we now try to shift the blame on the Woman, when in actual fact, the SIGNS were screaming at you all the while.

As to whether he/she can sneak-in or not on their would-be spouse (that is what it actually is), it all depends on "their practice and level of trust in the relationship".
Some 'couples' so trust themselves that such things dont matter and they dont even try to do it.
Some 'couples' are so distrustful of themselves that they are afraid of what the other person may find.
Their policy is that "What you dont see, does not make you bitter".
But we all know how it ends eventually
. undecided grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by WoundedLamb: 12:11am On Jun 10, 2020
NO

Next!!!
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 12:11am On Jun 10, 2020
AfroKnight:
Most of these comments only consider the situation where the woman visits the man unannounced. Perhaps if the roles were reversed they would understand the need to call beforehand.

Even if you get key, madam, call me before you show.

WHY?
Please, just state coincisely WHY the person you are just about marrying for life, needs to call before showing up in your house or you need to call her before showing up in her personal house.
I want to learn something today.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Slynation(m): 12:12am On Jun 10, 2020
Sermwell:

Na see finish dey cause am... Courtesy demands you call someone prior before visits...
So all i can deduce from this scenario is that the Guy is a "man of principles"

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 12:14am On Jun 10, 2020
Zeinymira:

Are you a Muslim?

What has religion got to do with it, some of you people sef.
Did you ask all the people taking positions here, whether they took their position because of their religion?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by hardbody: 12:15am On Jun 10, 2020
Sermwell:

Whatever your neighbours said is right. Next....
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Zeinymira(f): 12:18am On Jun 10, 2020
One4me:

What has religion got to do with it, some of you people sef.
Did you ask all the people taking positions here, whether they took their position because of their religion?

Hello, I didn't ask you a question.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by BuhariEXPlAINED: 12:27am On Jun 10, 2020
When is not that you are mad, just want to hurt yourself.
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 12:28am On Jun 10, 2020
All of you saying it is about Respect, being reasonable, being discipline, bla, bla bla...

You are all missing something very important:
Irrespective of who is visiting (Man or Woman), this type of situation is completely different from what you'all are using as yardstick.

A 'to-be' SPOUSE si not a 'second person' or an outside anymore, that PERSON IS YOURSELF and you dont take permission to see yourself.
I am talking about a fully-commited relationship, 100% marriage in a few weeks!

If l still have inhibitions about my fiance/finacee visiting me a few weeks to our marriage and He/She has to call first and get Permission, then we need to postpone that marriage until we are very comfortable with ourselves.

You wonder why majority of marriages fail and end in divorce within the first FIVE YEARS?
Be committed to each other fully, before you start talking of marriage because once married, its all about in-your-face!
That is when the "distance, individualism and barrier you encouraged during Courtship, starts tormenting both of you.

Marriage is very serious shyte, if you want it to succeed then both partners must be committed to COMPLETE OPENESS, TRUST and BARRIER ELIMINATION
........ something we all find very difficult to do.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 12:32am On Jun 10, 2020
Zeinymira:

Hello, I didn't ask you a question.

Sure, you wont even dare ask me such toxic question .......but l took pity on the bigotted ignoramus that asked such questions on a public thread or forum. undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

As a guy,what is your greatest Turn Off In A Lady. / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Secondary School Babe After 15 Years Of Dating / Couple Spotted Using Man In The Box As Back Drop For Wedding Photo - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.