Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,345 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest (51834 Views)

Lady Goes Down On Her Knees As Her Man Proposed Marriage To Her (Photos, Video) / "We Need Marriage But Men Are Scared To Come"... Pretty Lawyer / I Proposed To My Girlfriend But She Doesn’t Wear Her Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Angybaby(f): 9:30pm On Jun 23, 2020
my advice is not to spend any money for her birthday, if she value u for real d relationship will continue but if she doesn't it will end
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by khalids: 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
NEWBIN:
We have known each other for about six months now. I proposed to her in March 2020 and kept telling me she was thinking about it.

Just yesterday, she said yes to my proposal and I was so excited. When I met her yesterday evening, she told me Friday (June 26) is her birthday and that, she expects a lot of gifts and mobile money from me. My bowels became full instantly so left to go ease myself.

I have lost interest. Show me a way to outsmart this fraudster of a lady, thanks.

Wait, you proposed to someone ...whose birthday date you don't even know...
This is how niggas get killed.......no proper courtship to fully understand and know one another
Now you have seen one trigger and you are running for the fence...............

As for the lady...you accepted his proposal you are about to get married which is a big financial thing...
I would think your focus would be on planning for the engagement, introduction, wedding, honeymoon and even life after the wedding
Instead, you are talking about spending big on birthday.............lol..............that is a big red flag.

even if it is not a scam....it shows she is a lady with misplaced priorities
Op, just run....you have successfully dodged a bullet....go and thank your stars
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by henzy4life: 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
espn:
Dont give her shishi except for HBD message. She will do auto reversal of her yes...
funny u
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2020
Soulmender:
Send her nice text messages and call her to wish her happy birthday, don't buy her anything yet to see her real intentions and reaction.... If she behaves positive , you can get her gift a week later.

Simp comment

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by tonididdy(m): 10:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
What kind of marriage do you expect from a lady you only know for 6months...

Some men Sha...

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by lifeguard(m): 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
No smart moves, only frankness can save you. Call and tell her on the phone that you cannot what she asked yet. She should calm down.
Because, she just accepted to double-date because she needs a new phone.

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by uthlaw: 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
Richieniit:

Small pikin they ur body. I no need reply you
u go understand if one hurt you!

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Ttob(m): 11:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
FeliciaOja:
If She Took Her 4 months to Accept your Proposal
Then it means, She had other men who she was interested in and messing with
After experimenting with other suitors for 4 months, she probably got dumped and now she is looking for you to wife her up

Op, dump her and never look back
Ah,women.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by somy405(m): 11:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
wish her a happy birthday, and for the gifts tell her that you are still preparing them
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by topazCaro: 11:45pm On Jun 23, 2020
espn:
Dont give her shishi except for HBD message. She will do auto reversal of her yes...
you are right. if she is serious with her yes u will see her bothered a little but if naa faky faky she will do run. just wish her a HBD so early that very day.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by davidedith54: 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
CLICK TO WATCH THIS HOT AND ROMANTIC MOVIE OF FREDERICK LEONARD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls1wPY28aPg

espn:
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by davidedith54: 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2020
CLICK TO WATCH THIS HOT AND ROMANTIC MOVIE OF FREDERICK LEONARD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls1wPY28aPg

Bellaqueee:
These are the problems we have with men that don't know what dey want
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by helpfindbolu: 12:08am On Jun 24, 2020
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Jsaviour(f): 12:16am On Jun 24, 2020
Kingpele:
Ok, it is important to be matured in your mind b4 u enter marriage life, so if u now marry her and she had to go through surgery to put to bed, considering the funds involved, u will just run off or disown your family... If u are not ready to foot the bill, why propose?... U better relax first and hustle, so that u won't bring children talk to this forum again...

I'm a woman but I won't support this your talk.

Why should he foot her bills when she is not his wife?

It's this attitude from men like you that make women misbehave thinking all men are fools.

You owe a lady nothing until you guys are married ( you can give her things based on what you feel you want to give and not by compulsion)

She on the other hand owe you nothing but the mutual encouragement, respect and companionship.

It's when you start demanding for things that aren't yours yet that she will start demanding for what isn't hers yet.

It's true women love gifts but you don't owe her money or gifts because you proposed to her. You give her gifts because you want to.

She has hands, let her work and make her own money.

3 Likes

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by ehinmowo: 12:42am On Jun 24, 2020
Tomide007:
She might not be a fraudster, some ladies actually see gifts as a sign of love....but it's obvious u don't love her, soo just break up for her sake and ur mental health. This is one advice I can't give my brother.

Stop smoking this thing na! Not healthy.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Soulmender: 1:53am On Jun 24, 2020
Angy55:

You nailed.
Op take this advise.

Na all these kind girls dey spoil matter for innocent ones.

Don't mind the people quoting me wrongly, one fool even called his father simp and not me.. It's only here in Nairaland that you'll see kids that can't stand the gaze of a woman forming alpha..

When I said get her gift I didn't mean he should buy her heaven and earth.. Just a little gift is okay, at least they're friends, he can get her gift, a little thing as a friend.

2 Likes

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Soulmender: 1:58am On Jun 24, 2020
michaelpop50:

Simp comment

You can form alpha all you want but that doesn't change the fact that you're kid with little experience on sensitive and adult matters like this... E-alpha
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by FreeSpirited: 3:45am On Jun 24, 2020
FeliciaOja:
If She Took Her 4 months to Accept your Proposal
Then it means, She had other men who she was interested in and messing with
After experimenting with other suitors for 4 months, she probably got dumped and now she is looking for you to wife her up

Op, dump her and never look back

So woman wey geh sense still dey Nairaland

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by DedeNkem: 5:00am On Jun 24, 2020
NEWBIN:
We have known each other for about six months now. I proposed to her in March 2020 and kept telling me she was thinking about it.

Just yesterday, she said yes to my proposal and I was so excited. When I met her yesterday evening, she told me Friday (June 26) is her birthday and that, she expects a lot of gifts and mobile money from me. My bowels became full instantly so left to go ease myself.

I have lost interest. Show me a way to outsmart this fraudster of a lady, thanks.

Six months is not enough time to know someone before marriage. Take it easy.

Her attitude is a huge red flag! She said "yes" because of your money, she's a gold-digger. Run while you can!!!!! If you marry such girl, she would dump you as soon as you go broke!

Be a man and tell her to forget the proposal. Don't do it in person because she will do everything to change your mind. So do it on phone. After that, cease communicating her.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Angy55(f): 6:36am On Jun 24, 2020
Soulmender:

Don't mind the people quoting me wrongly, one fool even called his father simp and not me.. It's only here in Nairaland that you'll see kids that can't stand the gaze of a woman forming alpha..

When I said get her gift I didn't mean he should buy her heaven and earth.. Just a little gift is okay, at least they're friends, he can get her gift, a little thing as a friend.

They are yet to understand life. Ignore them.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by chuks0009: 8:07am On Jun 24, 2020
Soulmender:
Send her nice text messages and call her to wish her happy birthday, don't buy her anything yet to see her real intentions and reaction.... If she behaves positive , you can get her gift a week later.

For me, a week later is too close, I suggest a month later
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by chuks0009: 8:14am On Jun 24, 2020
Jsaviour:

I'm a woman but I won't support this your talk.

Why should he foot her bills when she is not his wife?

It's this attitude from men like you that make women misbehave thinking all men are fools.

You owe a lady nothing until you guys are married ( you can give her things based on what you feel you want to give and not by compulsion)

She on the other hand owe you nothing but the mutual encouragement, respect and companionship.

It's when you start demanding for things that aren't yours yet that she will start demanding for what isn't hers yet.

It's true women love gifts but you don't owe her money or gifts because you proposed to her. You give her gifts because you want to.

She has hands, let her work and make her own money.

Good one, but let me say this, no one owes each other companionship biko, companionship is meant for a couple Pls,unless u are talking about another companionship outside the one I know
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Soulmender: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2020
chuks0009:

For me, a week later is too close, I suggest a month later

Yes, that's cool too, he should do it at his own convenience and not because the said lady asked for it.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Jsaviour(f): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2020
chuks0009:

Good one, but let me say this, no one owes each other companionship biko, companionship is meant for a couple Pls,unless u are talking about another companionship outside the one I know

Companionship is not sex. It's unfortunate most people especially men think that companionship means sex.

Companionship entails having someone you share your dreams and aspirations with. Someone you can trust and let your emotions down without being judged. A true friend who helps you when you feel down etc.

It is this generation that disfigured and bastardized everything about relationship.

1 Like

Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Aarenaija: 9:48am On Jun 24, 2020
Gifts are gifts and not requested for. They are meant to be surprises. What's the essence of it if she already know what you are giving her?
She is only asking for payment for saying yes.

As advised by others, stay calm, send heart felt wishes to her and watch her reaction after then, make up your mind sir.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by freethinker01: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020
Bellaqueee:
How doesn't the op know what he wants but the person that kept the op waiting for three months on the other hand before giving a reply some few days to her birthday knows what she wants right.
You know what, you and sense are like two parallel lines, you can't meet, not in this life.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by ityP(m): 11:49am On Jun 24, 2020
[quote author=Joefat post=90979192][/quote]

Lmao. E shock me too bros grin grin grin
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by ObiOkpor(m): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2020
NEWBIN:

Whatever the outcome is on that day, don't fail to update us...
Thanks grin
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Mayng01(m): 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2020
Reset her brain by pulling out.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by Newbielearner(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
Bellaqueee:

Na. It's the problem we have with leeches having horrendous entitlement mentality.
Re: I Proposed Marriage But I have now Lost Interest by godwinjessica: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
5 mistakes small YouTuber makes|make these changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klomTnelE-Y

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Married Woman Using Old Time Flame To Sleep With Her Ex Boyfriend / Anthony Joshua's Photo Breaks A Lady's Relationship / Man Looking For A Virgin Graduate To Occupy His Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.