Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare (8641 Views)

Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by kcjazz(m): 7:17pm On Jan 31, 2011
Interestingly, BB is a good combination, its all left to you and I to vote. GEJ would not be having a laugh.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Lagosboy: 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2011
They would have my vote, Nigeria needs God fearing men to rule the country. Buhari we all accept is upright, Bakare is a pastor who has been vocal and shown uprightness in his criticism of the status quo.  They should have my vote, ACN should go bury their head in shame for not been able to compromise and unite the opposition.

My only fear is that , it is only an alliance that could win this election from PDP.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by aljharem(m): 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2011
Lagosboy:

They would have my vote, Nigeria needs God fearing men to rule the country. Buhari we all accept is upright, Bakare is a pastor who has been vocal and shown uprightness in his criticism of the status quo.  They should have my vote, ACN should go bury their head in shame for not been able to compromise and unite the opposition.

My only fear is that , it is only an alliance that could win this election from PDP.

gbamm

thank you

nigeria needs people who have the fear of the MIGHTY ONE
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by aspabay(m): 7:24pm On Jan 31, 2011
lets wait and see how all this play out in the next few days.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by juman(m): 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2011
Lagosboy:

Yes only an alliance.

I believe Senator Kanti Bello would be smiling (laughing) at the outcome of alliance that failed.

General Buhari is surrounded by political sycophant. They always deceive and over rates him. This happened in 2007 also. He cannot win alone.

The leadership of ACN did their best to come together with General Buhari even ready to foot the bill of the presidential election, but no way.
Now we stick with our beloved Nuhu Ribadu. God bless.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by rebranded(m): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2011
Haha two stubborn men want to work together!

Even if they win, they will be like OBJ and Atiku

I dont support Pastor Bakare with this move at all!. .Buhari cant win, he is just wasting his time, wat does the 70yr old Buhari want in Aso rock again

When we have Ribadu!!!
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Beaf: 8:32pm On Jan 31, 2011
GEJ will win in Ribadu's village, sad but true. The man is only known in Lagos.
As for Buhari, its gonna be total defeat for the last standing religious bigot and sharia evangelist.

I predict that Nigeria will pull out of the Organisation of Islamic Conference and other religious groupings by 2013, because we are not an Islamic nation. Nigeria is secular and must remain so.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by dexmond: 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2011
[size=16pt][B]I love the combination! I am voting for them. Please register, and vote for them too. This is the change we need!

GO BUHARI! GO BAKARE. WE LOVE YOUR TEAM![/B][/size]
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by rasputinn(m): 8:57pm On Jan 31, 2011
Of what political value would Bakare be?this has got to be the biggest mistake Buhari has made ever since he dumped the gun for politics.Buhari has demonstrated once again his acute lack of political acumen
I've never taken Bakare too seriously as a pastor,however,with this final misadventure,he's lost any iota of regard I had for him
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by gadogado(m): 9:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
Nigerians never fail to amaze me, look at the comments on this thread. It is very true that "a people deserves the kind of leaders they get" Look at Buhari, a tried and tested leader with 0 tolerance for corruption, look at his record when he was PTF chairman, look at the development that took place across Nigeria. Yet, people keep talking about him being a "jihadist" you guys will forever avoid substance and digress into meaningless sentiment that is of no benefit to your collective well being.
GEJ is a proven incompetent and corrupt leader and has no capacity nor will to move this country forward. He has shown he is in with the business as usual crowd. Yet you want to vote for him on the basis of sentiment. Nigerians deserve the leaders they have, you're a useless people incapable of anything productive. your fortay is division! you're simply divisive, i suppose its in your nature. You clearly have more credible people and you know fully well that corruption is Nigeria's problem yet you're ok with corrupt leaders as long as they're from your part of the country. Im going to burn my nigerian passport tonight. Nigerians disgust me.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by rasputinn(m): 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2011
Beaf:

GEJ will win in Ribadu's village, sad but true. The man is only known in Lagos.
As for Buhari, its gonna be total defeat for the last standing religious bigot and sharia evangelist.
I predict that Nigeria will pull out of the Organisation of Islamic Conference and other religious groupings by 2013, because we are not an Islamic nation. Nigeria is secular and must remain so.

Is it that Bakare is unaware of Buhari sharia bigotry or he just finds it convenient to close his eyes and ears to that aspect of Buhari just because he wants to be a VP running mate,well they will experience a massive defeat that will put them in their rightful places;political siberia
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Gbawe: 9:03pm On Jan 31, 2011
rasputinn:

Of what political value would Bakare be?this has got to be the biggest mistake Buhari has made ever since he dumped the gun for politics
I've never taken Bakare too seriously as a pastor,however,with this final misadventure[b],he's lost any iota of regard I had for him[/b]

That is a tad undemocratic is it not? I too think , for now , Bakare should have stayed out of politics but I defer to his inalienable right to offer himself for political office if he thinks he can make a difference. I don't look at him different to how I viewed him before because of this decision. If you decide to run for an office tomorrow do I "lose any iota of respect" I had for you simply because it is my personal opinion that you will not make a good politician or do I wish you well and concede it is your choice and your right to run for a political office ?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bkbabe97y(m): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2011
gadogado:

Nigerians never fail to amaze me, look at the comments on this thread. [b]It is very true that "a people deserves the kind of leaders they get" Look at Buhari, a tried and tested leader with 0 tolerance for corruption, look at his record when he was PTF chairman, look at the development that took place across Nigeria. Yet, people keep talking about him being a "jihadist" you guys will forever avoid substance and digress into meaningless sentiment that is of no benefit to your collective well being.
GEJ is a proven incompetent and corrupt leader and has no capacity nor will to move this country forward. He has shown he is in with the business as usual crowd. Yet you want to vote for him on the basis of sentiment. Nigerians deserve the leaders they have, you're a useless people incapable of anything productive. your fortay is division! you're simply divisive, i suppose its in your nature. You clearly have more credible people and you know fully well that corruption is Nigeria's problem yet you're ok with corrupt leaders as long as they're from your part of the country. Im going to burn my nigerian passport tonight. Nigerians disgust me.[/b]

. . . . and thats why I hope they all vote GEJ, so a year from now I'll be making crazy fun of them on NL and beyond!

Buncha fuxcking poverty stricken lunatics!
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by rasputinn(m): 9:34pm On Jan 31, 2011
Gbawe:

That is a tad undemocratic is it not? I too think , for now , Bakare should have stayed out of politics but I defer to his inalienable right to offer himself for political office if he thinks he can make a difference. I don't look at him different to how I viewed him before because of this decision. If you decide to run for an office tomorrow do I "lose any iota of respect" I had for you simply because it is my personal opinion that you will not make a good politician or do I wish you well and concede it is your choice and your right to run for a political office ?

You dont understand.
Bakare is a pastor,who has on many occasions told his congregation not to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers,that coupled with Buhari's yet to be recanted sharia rhetorics make this arrangement very akward,if Bakare accepts,it kind of makes him look like a cheap opportunist
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Gbawe: 9:38pm On Jan 31, 2011
rasputinn:

You dont understand.
Bakare is a pastor,who has on many occasions told his congregation not to be unequally yoked together with unbelievers,that coupled with Buhari's yet to be recanted sharia rhetorics make this arrangement very akward,if Bakare accepts,it kind of makes him look like a cheap opportunist

Well, I must confess that I don't know of Bakare's religious inclinations or preaching. I was just speaking based on how is is eligible to run for public office as a Nigerian adult.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by rasputinn(m): 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2011
^^^
Okay
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by jason123: 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
gadogado:

Nigerians never fail to amaze me, look at the comments on this thread. It is very true that "a people deserves the kind of leaders they get" Look at Buhari, a tried and tested leader with 0 tolerance for corruption, look at his record when he was PTF chairman, look at the development that took place across Nigeria. Yet, people keep talking about him being a "jihadist" you guys will forever avoid substance and digress into meaningless sentiment that is of no benefit to your collective well being.
GEJ is a proven incompetent and corrupt leader and has no capacity nor will to move this country forward. He has shown he is in with the business as usual crowd. Yet you want to vote for him on the basis of sentiment. Nigerians deserve the leaders they have, you're a useless people incapable of anything productive. your fortay is division! you're simply divisive, i suppose its in your nature. You clearly have more credible people and you know fully well that corruption is Nigeria's problem yet you're ok with corrupt leaders as long as they're from your part of the country. Im going to burn my nigerian passport tonight. Nigerians disgust me.

YOU ARE VERY RIGHT!!!
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Epiphany(m): 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
Maybe there is a higher plot - or maybe i have been watching too many movies.

WHAT IF - God has told Bakare to run because he (Bakare) will end up as the president.

Both may be sworn in and after a few months, Buhari just drops dead. Chikena. Bakare is now president. This is of course, assuming that their combination wins the elections.  grin
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ekubear1: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2011
Buhari has no chance of winning w/o an alliance with the ACN.

Bakare cannot deliver the SW.

Buhari's handlers/advisors. . . absolutely terrible.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by dibigslim: 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2011
Notin more, 2 jokers goin no where.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by dplordx(m): 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
[b]Suddenly PDP became the best party to rule Nigeria.
And Obasanjo's choice of candidacy becomes the most supported and approved. Well, most people here approved of Yaradua. And with time cursed baba for it. Time is always the best teacher,
Even Dr. Goodluck with no record to show for one year in office, or 3 years while been the VIP, besides making a big fool of himself before FIFA and the football world is now the messiah. Talk about memory loss. Or is it just sheer tribalism? or bigotry of purpose? Why are the people here so eager to protect their views rather, always reloading rather than just look at history a little bit?
So, now Obj is your baba? When he now laughs, thats suppose to be celebrated? and GEJ is suddenly the face of hope, the new Obama, because he's so lucky? Or because is he really hard working and deserved to be where he is now?

So, Bakare's and the SNG's fight to save the soul of Nigeria is now totally forgotten; the same man was in the battle front while our lame duck Dr. Goodluck stood quiet and at the back of the fight tong shuddering, wetting his pants, scared of getting killed while this brave pastor with Noble Laureate Wole Soyinka sweat it out with the same cabal thats now clapping for Uncle Jo.

Bakare has proved himself to be braver than any pastor within the country. Atleast he is comfortable and could act like any pastor and just watch the nation rot while the same looters and public enemies kneel infront of him for blessings and acceptance; and of course, he would pocket their millions of dollars offerings like your anti-christ Adeboye would (Please read your bible and check the meaning of anti-christ before commenting). He didnt do what is common. Now thats the type of a leader the country need.
Not some push-around guy who cant shout at his disgraceful wife to keep quiet!
Anyways sha, been politically correct is always a big pain.[/b]
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by cvibe: 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
Anyone heard of Ribadu's running mate?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by dplordx(m): 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2011
@dexmond

I am doing the same. Atleast, not all of us believe been on facebook is the only qualification it takes to rule a nation.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2011
GEJ still has my vote
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Meldrick(m): 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2011
It  is so easy to criticize. Iam sure if this move was from another man of God, Pastor Bakare would have criticized. Now the visioner has to prove to us that God actually wants him to be a running mate to a muslim but pastor remember[b] " DO NOT BE ON EQUAL YOKE WITH UNBELIEVERS". [/b] There is no same ideology with light and darkness.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2011
The worst news to come out of Nigeria for a long while.

Tell me what fellowship has light with darkness  

"What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"2 Corinthians 6:15

What business has a Pastor in worldly affairs.

"No man that wars entangles himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who has chosen him to be a soldier." 2 Timothy 2:4

I am now more than ever convinced that Nigeria's brand of Christianity is largely fallen and apostate.

God have mercy on us.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by dplordx(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2011
@frosbel

your sounding childish. dont most Nigerian pastors own private jets and have several land acquisitions?
and accounts swelling into millions of US Dollars? how lame could you sound?
so jesus sold his soul when he ate in the house of the tax collector abi? abeg stop this and if you have nothing logical to offer, just shut it!
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2011
^^^

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence" John 18:36

Jesus ate with sinners for sure, but for the sole purpose of sharing with them about the kingdom and saving them.

Remember this verse :

"When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone." John 6:15

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. All this I will give you," he said, if you will bow down and worship me.Jesus said to him, Away from me, Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only"Matthew 4:8-10

God came to save us , not to get involved in our dirty , perverse and filthy politics.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by dplordx(m): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2011
@frosbel

what happened to what you first posted? did you miss some vital word or is the repetition the work of some virus on your computer grin
talk about goodluck supporters. birds of feathers, biko
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by LaconicINC: 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2011
Anyway I don't really have much to say,but that won't make me vote Buhari becos I don't want to waste my precious vote. It is GEJ all the way!!!
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by mbulela: 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2011
frosbel:

The worst news to come out of Nigeria for a long while.

Tell me what fellowship has light with darkness  

"What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"2 Corinthians 6:15

What business has a Pastor in worldly affairs.

"No man that wars entangles himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who has chosen him to be a soldier." 2 Timothy 2:4

I am now more than ever convinced that Nigeria's brand of Christianity is largely fallen and apostate.

God have mercy on us.

this interpretation is faulty and incorrect.
So you don't work with unbelievers?
you don't live in the same compound with them?
what does a pastor not have with worldly affairs?
Is he an alien?
is he not a human being?
the important matter is that he must not let darkness overcome the light of God in him.
you must not mix the light of God with the darkness of satan.
That is where darkness and light have nothing in common.
Afterall he is in the world, the important issue is that he must not be of it (his thinking must not be influenced by the world system).
Bakare has not broken any scripture by his choice.
Whether he is able to maintain his confession of faith is another matter.
The average Nigerian has some warped sense of the pastorate.
That is why they are easily scammed by fraudsters.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bilymuse: 6:57pm On Feb 01, 2011
the guy is a clown, shameless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Official Results Of Imo State Governorship Election / N23bn Election Fund: How N900m Was Shared In Gombe, Adamawa / Nigeria’s Crude Oil: A Curse Or Blessing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.