Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare (8646 Views)

Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by aspabay(m): 7:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
^^^^^
which guy?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by RichyBlacK(m): 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2011
gadogado:

Nigerians never fail to amaze me, look at the comments on this thread. It is very true that "a people deserves the kind of leaders they get" Look at Buhari, a tried and tested leader with 0 tolerance for corruption, look at his record when he was PTF chairman, look at the development that took place across Nigeria. Yet, people keep talking about him being a "jihadist" you guys will forever avoid substance and digress into meaningless sentiment that is of no benefit to your collective well being.
GEJ is a proven incompetent and corrupt leader and has no capacity nor will to move this country forward. He has shown he is in with the business as usual crowd. Yet you want to vote for him on the basis of sentiment. Nigerians deserve the leaders they have, you're a useless people incapable of anything productive. your fortay is division! you're simply divisive, i suppose its in your nature. You clearly have more credible people and you know fully well that corruption is Nigeria's problem yet you're ok with corrupt leaders as long as they're from your part of the country. Im going to burn my nigerian passport tonight. Nigerians disgust me.

@gadogado,

Not every Nigerian is blinded by sectional interests. I for one fully agree with your comments (but don't burn the passport yet - there still may be hope for Nigeria).

If the literacy rate among Nigerians was high enough and if Nigeria was not a lawless land, this ticket (Buhari-Bakare) will win 55-60% of the popular votes. However, many Nigerians are far too provincial to look at politics from a sane point of view.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Topegold: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2011
for Pst Bakare to be running in the polls is a pain in the axe. Sometimes it baffles me when xtians just fall out. If PFN does not approve him then he would not sell the christian birthright to Islamic community
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by vasa: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2011
mmmmmmmmmm, !!!!!!!!Yes this is a perfect combination for a common man on the street. I want state it categorically clear here that politically Buhari & Bakare plus Ribado put together CAN NOT WIN PDP. Reasons absolutely all the big wing politician from north, east, west and south in Nigeria are looters and corrupt including most you here on nl.
If by commission or omission they win i give them three months PDP senators and reps. will push them out of office. Don't forget that PDP understand the fact that they don't  have strong opposition in Nigerian polity and they have put in place strong structure in place. They have capture almost if not all local chiefs, most pastors, imams, Obas, etc these are the ppl who controls the ppl under them.
No matter what combination other parties put together PDP will bury their difference and fight this battle. Look at how they strategically confuse other parties with zoning principle and they all choose their candidates from the north. hey b4 u start calling me PDP fans am not but this is fact, if u don't believe it let wait for April 2011.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by dayokanu(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2011
Good news
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Chyz2: 7:50pm On Feb 01, 2011
dayokanu:

Good news

open your tribalistic eyes dummy. It is either two things, Buhari will use Bakare to get into the seat then dump him because they will disagree when it comes to religious issues to the point Bakare will have to go,or Bakare will just simply be muted while sharia is implemented because we all know that the Vp has no say so at the end in nigeria.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by udonna777: 7:54pm On Feb 01, 2011
it is only God that will help us in this country, let the will of God be done
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Blazing99: 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
With this alliance, now I think I'm going to register to vote.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ekubear1: 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2011
Chyz*:

open your tribalistic eyes dummy. It is either two things, Buhari will use Bakare to get into the seat then dump him because they will disagree when it comes to religious issues to the point Bakare will have to go,or Bakare will just simply be muted while sharia is implemented because we all know that the Vp has no say so at the end in nigeria.

So your whole concern is that Sharia, which is already implemented in Northern Nigeria will be implemented elsewhere too? In Christian states, for example?

Just want to make sure I know what your fear is before I point out why this shouldn't be a concern for you.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by segunjowo(m): 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2011
Some people says I'd lose my vote if I give it to Buhari. Well. WTH? I'd rather loose the vote to Buhari that give it freely to GEJ. cool
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Dotmantop(m): 8:19pm On Feb 01, 2011
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, let's see how this will play out .
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ayubam: 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2011
to all gej followers, how many of u guys will throw your weight behind jonathan if he is not the incumbent president today say for example he is contesting as an independent candidate?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Chyz2: 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2011
eku_bear:

So your whole concern is that Sharia, which is already implemented in Northern Nigeria will be implemented elsewhere too? In Christian states, for example?

Just want to make sure I know what your fear is before I point out why this shouldn't be a concern for you.

Lets hear it.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ayubam: 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2011
Chyz*:

@Chyz, so do you think all the senators and house of representatives members from the south will be muted while Buhari will Islamize the country? I have heard so many times on this forum that Buhari was a ceremonial President that Tunde Idiagbon was the main man. Have we had a rethink that Bakare may be the key guy like Idiagbon if they win?

Is it wrong to be passionate about being a muslim? Is Islam really the problem with us? What about nation like Dubai, Omar, etc? I think we xtians are becoming very intolerant these days and forget that Jesus did not die for Xtians only but for ALL.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ekubear1: 8:37pm On Feb 01, 2011
Sharia law only applies to Muslims. Isn't like Christians can go to such a court anyway. And if I'm not mistaken, any incidents involving Christians and Muslims must go to an ordinary court.

Moreover, practically speaking, it is impossible for sharia to be implemented in a state without the governor and legislature of that state approving.

The president cannot single-handedly change the law of the land; he cannot replace the ordinary courts in Enugu State with say Sharia courts and force everyone to bring their cases there.

So I have no clue why southerners give a sh1t about this sharia stuff. Though if it is a valid concern, someone should please explain why to me.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ekubear1: 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2011
Anyway, if you don't like Buhari, no problem. But if you don't like him because you are afraid he will turn Nigeria into an Islamic state. . . ?

Then seems a bit silly.

Personally, me myself I'm inclined to support GEJ from the present set of options. But that doesn't mean Buhari is necessarily evil, just because I'm not interested in voting for him.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by lynxnoon(m): 8:39pm On Feb 01, 2011
Buhari n Bakare
hmmmmmmm
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by beknown(m): 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2011
All,

Buhari and Bakare are a good combination. Not perfect, but better than others.

GEJ is bad for Nigeria. He cannot take control. In fact the situation in Nigeria now is chaos, GEJ is not in control. Killings everywhere. Stealing and looting in government. EFCC is tired of pursuing Nigerian politicians.

Nigerians should quit sentiment and face the reality. We need a strong leader whose 'yes' will truly be 'yes'.

Malaysia, Turkey, UAE, Kuwait, etc are islamic nations who are progressing high in development.

The problem with Nigeria is not Christian or Islam. In fact people from both religion marry each other in love, peace and friendship.

Nigerians should think beyond PDP. PDP owns GEJ, he has no voice of his own.

NIGERIA NEED A CHANGE. We do not need another 4 years of sluggishness and looting. Nigerians must grow up now or else there will be more suffering than what we have now.

Nigerians must be ready to take back the country from thieves. Buhari is not perfect, nobody is perfect. GEJ has failed Nigerians in his slow system of development.

PDP has good structures in Nigeria because they have the looted money under their control. The stolen money of Nigeria are in PDP. No party has been in government longer than PDP.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by chikeorji123(m): 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2011
buhari and bakare?.Joke of the century.

l still dey laugh  grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Chyz2: 9:09pm On Feb 01, 2011
eku_bear:

Sharia law only applies to Muslims. Isn't like Christians can go to such a court anyway. And if I'm not mistaken, any incidents involving Christians and Muslims must go to an ordinary court.

Moreover, practically speaking, it is impossible for sharia to be implemented in a state without the governor and legislature of that state approving.

The president cannot single-handedly change the law of the land; he cannot replace the ordinary courts in Enugu State with say Sharia courts and force everyone to bring their cases there.

So I have no clue why southerners give a sh1t about this sharia stuff. Though if it is a valid concern, someone should please explain why to me.

Hmm. . .good argument.I'm guessing the presidency cannot have a sharia court established in christian states to "accommodate muslims". Does the president have to authority to regulate certain practices,or not? Those practices although not religious may be considered unislamic in his book. There are always back doors to carry through implementations. Look at Mallam Lamido Sanusi,he's good a good job,sure,even though some of the reforms may have already been in place before his being the CBN Gov.The first thing that comes out of his mouth is something Islamic.Islamic banking,which inorder to carry that out one has to know or learn islam to complete its task.This alone is kind of an indirect way of force islam on nonmuslims.You have to learn its rules,etc. Banks were favored over others.The unfavorable ones were sold which happened to make room for the islamic banking industry magically. Anyways my point is that their are always back doors.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by UyiIredia(m): 9:18pm On Feb 01, 2011
@ topic >>> I hope this is not true >>> Pastor B ! of all people ! running for president ! >>> why ? >>> I have genuine concerns, especially since I'm a member of LRA >>> my hunch is that this (if true) will not go well >>> I hope I'm dreaming !
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by samkal(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2011
Topegold:

for Pst Bakare to be running in the polls is a pain in the axe. Sometimes it baffles me when xtians just fall out. If PFN does not approve him then he would not sell the christian birthright to Islamic community

what is the meaning of this? you guys should just be reasonable atleast for once.
nija deserves the kind of leaders they have foooooolssssssss
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by eros(m): 9:26pm On Feb 01, 2011
Nigerians never fail to amaze me, look at the comments on this thread. It is very true that "a people deserves the kind of leaders they get" Look at Buhari, a tried and tested leader with 0 tolerance for corruption, look at his record when he was PTF chairman, look at the development that took place across Nigeria. Yet, people keep talking about him being a "jihadist" you guys will forever avoid substance and digress into meaningless sentiment that is of no benefit to your collective well being.
GEJ is a proven incompetent and corrupt leader and has no capacity nor will to move this country forward. He has shown he is in with the business as usual crowd. Yet you want to vote for him on the basis of sentiment. Nigerians deserve the leaders they have, you're a useless people incapable of anything productive. your fortay is division! you're simply divisive, i suppose its in your nature. You clearly have more credible people and you know fully well that corruption is Nigeria's problem yet you're ok with corrupt leaders as long as they're from your part of the country. Im going to burn my nigerian passport tonight. Nigerians disgust me.

You are spot on. When the time comes, i will also burn my Nigerian passport. Nigerians suck and we will continue to destroy this country ourselves. It's such a shame.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by samkal(m): 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2011
we have learnt nothing in this country, PDP GEJ has nothing to offer,, i can assure you that you will still come here next two years complaining of PHCN.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by reucom: 9:51pm On Feb 01, 2011
This can't be true! Can someone say its a joke. Bakare and Buhari!!! Otio,
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Beaf: 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2011
Chyz*:

The first thing a Buhari presidency would do is spread implement sharia in Abuja. That alone, plus our Organisation of Islamic Conference membership, would be a powerful statement and a devastating blow.
After that, all Northern states and some SW ones would follow in order to be in the Buhari's good books. Extending the practice to all Muslim enclaves and areas (e.g. Hausa Quarters in Warri) will the easiest thing; by the time the govt is done, the landscape will be unrecognisable.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ekubear1: 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Chyz*: Presidents simply don't have that power. Even the military dictators did not. Most of those who suggest otherwise are either ignorant or fearmongering.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bishoptboy(m): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2011
I just dont understand why people think the way they do. Most of the poeple that are criticizing Bakare are those ones that dont even understand anything about him and why he makes his decision. To me I see a man that loves his country so much that he would lay down everything for his country including his reputation . A man that brought back his two sons from the US to come and match with him and exposed them to danger. our leaders send their kids our to escape the country while they loot it. Most of you siddon for your PC dey blow grammer anyhow. How many of you have stood up for what you think you believe in. When crooks say vote for us we will give you money, you dump your critical minds and just run and vote. now credible men decide to team up and change our nation and you just cant keep quiet but criticize them. If you listen to Tunde Bakare you would know that he is not about religion,  but you dont. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU THAT CANT RISK ANYTHING FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN BUT CAN ONLY CRITICIZE THOSE THAT DO.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Limaoscar: 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2011
My only question to all these will be: shouldn't there be a clear-cut difference between activism and politics? Pastor Tunde Bakare's position has changed severally I hope  as a man of God He can discern the times correctly otherwise this will be so much of flesh He'll regret it.

The 2nd thing is aren't politicians at that level supposed to have a solid base constituency? Can Bakare confidently point to any particular support base he has going into this alliance?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bishoptboy(m): 10:39pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Limaoscar, how many of our politicians are as educated as Bakare. what do the people in govt know about politics except to share money like GEJ and we all say GEJ will do it when he has started in a wrong way by giving money as primaries. we all know the next 4 years will be another 4 years of chop i chop if PDP continues
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bishoptboy(m): 10:43pm On Feb 01, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

@ topic >>> I hope this is not true >>> Pastor B ! of all people ! running for president ! >>> why ? >>> I have genuine concerns, especially since I'm a member of LRA >>> my hunch is that this (if true) will not go well >>> I hope I'm dreaming !
my guy you no be LRA because if you are you will know Bakare better and know about his passion for the country. the way you are suprised about his decision tell me you must be one of those that breeze into the church just to mark register
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bishoptboy(m): 10:48pm On Feb 01, 2011
Chyz*:

Lets hear it.
Chyz you dey shout sharia sharia. If they offer you visa to kuwait or saudi now you go dump naija quick quick. when buhari was there years back did he implement sharia so why is it now that you think all he wants to do is sharia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pdp Haram! Pdp Haram! Pdp Haram! - Pastor Tunde Bakare In Maiduguri / Lawan Sneaks Into House Chambers , Says He Will Be Vindicated / Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.