Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare (8643 Views)

Buhari Picks Obasanjo As 'Envoy' To Guinea-Bissau / BREAKING: Buhari Picks Amaechi As His Running Mate? / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2011
dayokanu (m)
U.S.A

Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare
« #123 on: Today at 09:12:01 AM »
This was the same Bakare that went to demand that GEJ be made president when the "dodoyo" GEJ just sat there like a mumu taking orders from Turai

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/politics/636-yaradua-sng-takes-battle-to-lagos.html

Yep, same thing Fashola, Soyinka, etc also demanded for last year. So, many of the respected in Nigeria are guilty there.

Presenting the message on behalf of Nigerians to the Lagos State governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola, Pastor Tunde Bakare of Latter Rain Bible Church, who, in company with Barrister Femi Falana, Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu(Retired), General Alani Akinrinade(Retired), Chief Shonibare, Charles Oputa (Charlie Boy), Yerima, Adamu Aliu, and Yinka Odumakin, led the protesters numbering over three hundred people, said Nigerians were piqued by the flagrant violation of the constitution of Nigeria by those in power. He argued that the Constitution made provisions for how the president could transmit power, in case he could not perform his role as expected of him.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ayubam: 4:49pm On Feb 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/politics/636-yaradua-sng-takes-battle-to-lagos.html

Yep, same thing Fashola, Soyinka, etc also demanded for last year. So, many of the respected in Nigeria are guilty there.

What are they guilty of oo? Of standing that the constitution be upheld?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by dexmond: 5:53pm On Feb 02, 2011
dplordx

@dexmond

I am doing the same. Atleast, not all of us believe been on facebook is the only qualification it takes to rule a nation.

Thanks. What we need is someone who hates corruption, unfortunately Jonathan has not shown the courage to fight it because the people whom he is supposed to fight are the people that put him in office. Please, send words to everyone you know, that they should support BUhari/Bakare team. Buhari/Bakare should start a massive campaign immediately.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2011
ayubam:

What are they guilty of oo? Of standing that the constitution be upheld?

What they requested had nothing to do with upholding the constitution at the time. If that had been the concern, they would have requested that Yar adua be impeached. That was the constitutional thing to do at the time -- impeach yar adua and Jonathan automatically takes his place as president, not sit instead as acting president until yar adua died.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bishoptboy(m): 9:44pm On Feb 02, 2011
I'm so happy that smart people that want change are coming up to defend the true cause. We want to give credible people like Buhari and Bakare a chance. Enough of looting by PDP. they finish looting and put their children there to continue the trend. GEJ has shown that he has nothing to offer.

For the ignorant that think Bakare wants position and money, you have missed it. He has said it long ago that his destiny is tied to this country and he will lay all on the line for the country.

For those that think men of God are not to go into politics. siddon there. Go and read your bible well and see that men that made impact in the bible were not those that sat in the church. the likes of Joseph, Daniel, nehemiah, moses and the list goes on were invovled in politics of their time. Its your ignorance of the bible that makes you say that men of God should leave politics to looter.

Bakare asked bishop Mike okonkwo on a flight to Nigeria that if the church is asked to present a candidate for political office that who do we have and Okonkwo's answer implied that we have none. i believe that prompted Bakare to say if no one will have the liver to do that he will. so he is not seekin money. I even read in an online paper that Pastor Adeboye supports bakare's decision
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by dayokanu(m): 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2011
It was this same Bakare that came out to fight when the mumu GEJ was sitting in Turais kitchen giving her maggi and Palm oil.

Buhari supports Shariah, GEJ is the MEND spokesman.

God forbid having a mumu like GEJ as president
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by johndoe200: 4:58am On Feb 03, 2011
dayokanu:

It was this same Bakare that came out to fight when the mumu GEJ was sitting in Turais kitchen giving her maggi and Palm oil.

Buhari supports Shariah, GEJ is the MEND spokesman.

God forbid having a mumu like GEJ as president

Thank God the elections will be for Nigerians and not Internet Nigerians. We Nigerians know that Buhari-bin-Laden and his fake pastor side kick are just a joke.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bishoptboy(m): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2011
johndoe200:

Thank God the elections will be for Nigerians and not Internet Nigerians. We Nigerians know that Buhari-bin-Laden and his fake pastor side kick are just a joke.
What makes him fake. proof it by giving examples. is it because he believes that without being in politics you cant change things. is that against the bible. do you think he wants money. he has been rich before he started his church. he even funds his church from his personal finance. Attacking other Pastor because he see them practising whats not in the bible makes him a fake pastor? He teams up with uhari makes him a fake Pastor, ask Daniel if nebucadnezer was born again or joseph is Pharaoh was born again. SO WHAT MAKES HIM FAKE? He prophesied that OBJ has recieved God's judgement (he never said OBJ will die) and other men of God pleaded to God for mercy on OBJ (this is confirmed by Prophet Abiara that its prayers that sustained OBJ and no one should ignore the prophecy. SO TELL ME AGAIN WHAT MAKES HIM A FAKE PASTOR? Who is better btw him and PDP.

I always say anyone clamoring for PDP is either a looter or aspiring looter and we will run you all out of Nigeria
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bishoptboy(m): 8:30am On Feb 03, 2011
To all that quote the bible by saying he shouldnt be unequally yoked with unbelievers, why dont you quit your own job because your boss is not a born again. you are perfect in reading the bible out of context
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by johndoe200: 10:17am On Feb 03, 2011
What makes him fake is that he stood for LGA CHAIRMAN (DID YOU KNOW THAT?). After being soundly beaten he decided that he would look for money from the national level. If he truly meant well why did he abandon his LGA?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ayubam: 11:32am On Feb 03, 2011
johndoe200:

What makes him fake is that he stood for LGA CHAIRMAN (DID YOU KNOW THAT?). After being soundly beaten he decided that he would look for money from the national level. If he truly meant well why did he abandon his LGA?

Such an unfortunate liar. Under what platform did he stand for LGA chairman and which Local Govt, ?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by johndoe200: 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2011
ayubam:

Such an unfortunate liar. Under what platform did he stand for LGA chairman and which Local Govt, ?

He stood for Abeokuta LGA. Please confirm this. He himself told everyone.

He could not win election in his LGA, now he wants us to give him VP
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ayubam: 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2011
johndoe200:

He stood for Abeokuta LGA. Please confirm this. He himself told everyone.

He could not win election in his LGA, now he wants us to give him VP

There is nothing to confirm, You only read Bakare on news paper, you do not have idea of who this man is. When was the primaries? Which Party? Who won that primaries? How many people contested in that election? what position did he take? I HAVE REPEATED IT SEVERAL TIMES, UNTIL WE START ASKING INTELLIGENT QUESTIONS, WE WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE LIES.

Bakare never contested for any primaries or election anywhere? If you will be sincere with yourself, answer those questions or find out if you do not know. Stop reading fake papers. Or are you sponsored to tell lies about him?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by tpiah2: 12:44pm On Feb 03, 2011
Beaf:

It is obvious you have no ideology so you float in the wind and have no counter arguments. You go around re-registering on NL just say foolish things; anyways, congrats on reaching only 12 posts, yet having indepth knowledge of Beaf; you fool only yourself!

If you no get argument, di best tin na to shut up. Nigeria couldn't have a worse curse than the pairing of two zealots (even if one na false prophet).

WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS FIGHTING ALL THE TIME?

YOU NO GET JOB?
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by bodmax: 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2011
I have carefully read all your comments, PLEASE READ THIS

It is not an issue at all since he said, "I'll run If God permits Me", this statement should not cause pandemonium. God does not lie, God word cannot change but will come to pass and God is never wavering in statute. So wait for the ANSWER of the POLL.

You are free to campaign for or Against anyone, irrespective of his/her status. Now Pastor & Politician Bakare must have some more tolerance for the non-sense talks that would characterize the political scene in Nigeria( the THUG-WORLD of Politics), else he would be quoted as either offensive/defensive.

Although there are PERMISSIVE will of God and there are ABSOLUTE will of God(Saul as a leader is permissive while Davids' ordination is absolute, remember God ordained them both), God may permit you your desire and that may ruin you but God's will for you will never destroy you.

I quite understood that both the lover of SNG and Buhari/Bakare loves Nigeria as those who were skeptical about the Pastor stepping low from Altar of God(Priesthood hierarchy) to Public service also loves this nation equally.

Nobody talks about Buhari chances as much as before the pastor joined the team, therefore, there is an indication of an heavy change but the direction is the problem.

Please let us pray to Almighty God to savage our nation from all tyrants, I do not care who God will use be it a muslim, christian or pagan(The heart of Kings is the hands of God).

But saying "GOD SAID" equals BETTING WITH YOUR INTEGRITY since we know God's integrity never changed. If you believe with me that nobody can get to any position in life without God then our Prayer and Civic right must be done with quietness and calmness of the spirit.

GOD HELP NIGERIA IN JESUS NAME!!!
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by ayubam: 1:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
bodmax:

I have carefully read all your comments, PLEASE READ THIS

It is not an issue at all since he said, "I'll run If God permits Me", this statement should not cause pandemonium. God does not lie, God word cannot change but will come to pass and God is never wavering in statute. So wait for the ANSWER of the POLL.

You are free to campaign for or Against anyone, irrespective of his/her status. Now Pastor & Politician Bakare must have some more tolerance for the non-sense talks that would characterize the political scene in Nigeria( the THUG-WORLD of Politics), else he would be quoted as either offensive/defensive.

Although there are PERMISSIVE will of God and there are ABSOLUTE will of God(Saul as a leader is permissive while Davids' ordination is absolute, remember God ordained them both), God may permit you your desire and that may ruin you but God's will for you will never destroy you.

I quite understood that both the lover of SNG and Buhari/Bakare loves Nigeria as those who were skeptical about the Pastor stepping low from Altar of God(Priesthood hierarchy) to Public service also loves this nation equally.

Nobody talks about Buhari chances as much as before the pastor joined the team, therefore, there is an indication of an heavy change but the direction is the problem.

Please let us pray to Almighty God to savage our nation from all tyrants, I do not care who God will use be it a muslim, christian or pagan(The heart of Kings is the hands of God).

But saying "GOD SAID" equals BETTING WITH YOUR INTEGRITY since we know God's integrity never changed. If you believe with me that nobody can get to any position in life without God then our Prayer and Civic right must be done with quietness and calmness of the spirit.

GOD HELP NIGERIA IN JESUS NAME!!!

Sir, if BB ticket did not win at the pole, does that mean God did not tell him to run? And I asked you, did he say God told him he will win at the pole? God's will was that all men will be saved and Jesus came to die for the sins of all, did all or will all accept him? Does that mean Jesus' coming to die for all was not God's will? I just asked these questions based on your post and conclusion of how to know if God had actually told him.

What you we fail to understand is that God does not compete to know one? You do not know why God wants him to run. It could also be a message to condemn the world in like manner the world was condemn for failing to recognize Jesus as Lord.

Since no one has said categorically that God told him it is a wrong step this man is taking, it shows the depth of the Church in Naija- everly confused on issues and use rational ideas to analyse spiritual matter.
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by CyberG: 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2011
GEJ will NOT do anything good for this country! Like Yar'adua (and all the previous daft leaders), like GEJ! If naija likes, vote in corruption and retrogression and spend another 8 years bitching about it. Na you sabi oo
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by Muza(m): 1:57am On Feb 04, 2011
To those criticizing Bakare for going into politics:

", sometimes you dont wait for change,sometimes you have to standup and bring that change,most especially when the change is taking too long to come, "

vote BB for the bloodless revolution, thank you
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by base144: 2:59am On Feb 04, 2011
Nigerians I hail you!!!!!!!!!!
Haba, we are SIMPLY insatiable. After WE ALL agreed that Buhari is arguably the least corrupt viz-a-viz experienced presidential  aspirant in Nigeria since 2003. The election results of 2003 and 2007 declared him defeated. When asked, even a kid would answers that "Buhari lost in those elections mostly because he is viewed to be TOO ISLAMIST".
Now that Buhari picks a running mate MAJORLY for the sake of OVERTUNING the notion that he is too islamist; and he picked a RENOUNED CHRISTAIN (PASTOR) so as to prove his LIBERALISM worldview of politics. Yet, majority of us still don't just get it!
Pastor Tunde Bakare should not SIMPLY be CONDEMNED for joining politics simply because is a Man-of-God. Look at many nations in Europe, they even have CHRISTAIN PARTY that ONLY fields CHURCH MEMBERS/OFFICIALS only as candidate. For your information, the present head of government in Germany is from a CHRISTAIN PARTY in the country.
I pray to God Almighty to OPEN OUR EYES AND SENSE OF REASONING so that we choose wisely for PROGRESS, PEACE and JUSTICE  to reign in our nation, Nigeria. PLEASE, let give these UPRIGHT men a chance for a NEW Nigeria perhaps.
God bless Nigeria!
God bless Buhari-Bakare ticket!!
God bless you!!!
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by jason2010(m): 2:45pm On Feb 05, 2011
Great team. Go get PDP guys
Re: Breaking News - Buhari Picks Bakare by XueRengui: 10:44am On Oct 18, 2014
Choice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Prince Deji Adeyanju, The Incoming PDP Deputy Publicity Secretary / Aisha Buhari Sends Relief Materials To Flood Victims In Kebbi State / Nkem Okeke's Defection : Stakeholders Trade Tackles As Election Draws Closer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.