Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating (7880 Views)

Poll: Rate the president?

Approve: 20% (74 votes)
Disapprove: 72% (263 votes)
Indifferent: 7% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Jarus(m): 5:28pm On Feb 11, 2011
By popular demand, I'm putting this up for the third time. About 7 months ago when a similar poll was put up here, the president got close to 80%, four months ago, precisely October 2010, he got 41%(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-525669.0.html). Now, given the chain of events that have passed in the last four months, forumers have asked to know the rating, one year on as President(acting for 3 months, substantive for 9 months).

Oya, let's go. The thread will be on for one month.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by EzeUche2(m): 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2011
I am indifferent to the political affairs of this nation.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Ikengawo: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2011
^good job.

I accidentally voted approve cause of computer problems but i disapprove. his handling of Jos, lack of vision, and the superior discipline and track records of his opponents.

He did nothing for Bayelsa, as president he built a 7million dollar VICE presidential villa, and as president his aimless spending is ridiculous, nigeria NEEDS better,history isn't going to wait for us any longer.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On Feb 11, 2011
Ikengawo:

^good job.

I accidentally voted approve cause of computer problems but i disapprove. his handling of Jos, lack of vision, and the superior discipline and track records of his opponents.

He did nothing for Bayelsa, as president he built a 7million dollar VICE presidential villa, and as president his aimless spending is ridiculous, nigeria NEEDS better,history isn't going to wait for us any longer.

After stating all that, you feel pleading [b]indifference [/b]is the sensible thing to do? shocked
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by asamuel: 6:46pm On Feb 11, 2011
GEJ is a clown. H
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by asamuel: 6:56pm On Feb 11, 2011
GEJ is a clown. He doesn't deserve my vote at all. He almost made me prefer Atiku. Meanwhile, the good people of this nation fought so hard to make sure he succeeded his sick boss, Yaradua.

You may ask what he did wrong. He did a lot wrong and let me mention what I know about him:

1) He squandered the savings we managed to have after Obasanjo's wicked rain
2) He cannot deal with Jos crisis and Niger Delta decisively
3) He closed down schools for election registration when he could have used other locations
4) He called his political opponents rascals
5) He commercialized corruption like Babangida and Obasanjo did
6) He could not improve NEPA supply significantly in 1 full year; I don't still have light in my area
7) He is taking Salami to Supreme court to install a jungle justice in Appeal courts on the instruction of Alao Akala

I can go on and on. Let me stop here for a while. 7 they say is a perfect number,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:28pm On Feb 11, 2011
GEJ is a failure as far as I am concerned. It is all too obvious that he is a puppet in the hands of obj his master.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by LoveKing(m): 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
Voted Disapprove even before entering the thread angry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by SegzyJoe(m): 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2011
GEJ was not prepared for the office of the president. He lacks substance, character, carriage and intellectual capacity of a president. Luck has brought him this far, for the good of Nigeria we shouldn't allow luck to take him any further. He is not a leader. I used to be one of his fans, but sentiment apart, he didn't deserve my vote.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by honeric01(m): 12:13am On Feb 12, 2011
I rather vote for a bingo if there's no one else to vote for than vote for someone who is as clueless as GEJ who thinks the post of a president can be liken to a post of a local governor tout.

Talks anyhow, his wife is same, market woman mentality syndrome (SWMS), the world is just too complex and highly civilized to have an unclothed and uncultured GEJ and Patient as first man and lady.

One more thing, I'd be very embarrassed if he's beaten up by other presidents of the world if he ends up calling OBAMA or Jing Tao a rascal.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by semid4lyfe(m): 1:45am On Feb 12, 2011
honeric01:
I rather vote for a bingo if there's no one else to vote for than vote for someone who is as clueless as GEJ who thinks the post of a president can be liken to a post of a local governor tout.

Talks anyhow, his wife is same, market woman mentality syndrome (SWMS), the world is just too complex and highly civilized to have an unclothed and uncultured  GEJ and Patient as first man and lady.

One more thing, I'd be very embarrassed if he's beaten up by other presidents of the world if he ends up calling OBAMA or Jing Tao a rascal.

Always ranting. . .you nor dey tire? Click on an option in the poll and stop sounding like a badly scratched CD will you?tongue grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by honeric01(m): 2:00am On Feb 12, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Always ranting. . .you nor dey tire? Click on an option in the poll and stop sounding like a badly scratched CD will you?tongue grin

You this small boi, when are you going to learn to keep shut or are you also a rascal like your boss GEJ? hehehehe, anyways BRF has thrown a challenge towards your Rascal GEJ, can you please send a message to that dude? grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by hannie: 3:33am On Feb 12, 2011
is this thread really neccessary ?

GEJ will win and there wont be much we can do about it . . . .

The country is doomed, lets just fight for individual survival, anyways I am happy that my 'rascally' Governor is making us proud in Lagos . . .

The rest of Nigeria can go to hell with their non-rascality cry cry

1 man 1 vote indeed embarassed
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by jason123: 3:45am On Feb 12, 2011
hannie:

The country is doomed, lets just fight for individual survival, anyways I am happy that my 'rascally' Governor is making us proud in Lagos . . .

You took the words out of my mouth! sad
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by honeric01(m): 4:44am On Feb 12, 2011
hannie:

So we should let this continue and not challenge them by making sure we vote for our own rightly choice? a vote to someone else is a vote against PDP, a vote not cast is a vote left to be rigged.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by hannie: 5:21am On Feb 12, 2011
^ DUH

u have always been intellectually challenged, why I am surprised ?

UR VOTE COUNTS FOR NOTHING DUDE!!!!!!!

PDP will win, GEJ will remain President and the heavens will not fall . . .if u like challenge it till ur last bone break off ba ur wahala be dat!

sad . . .but what do we do ? siddon look cry

This election has been rigged . . . opposition cant win nada!!! cry

Jonathan might well be the one to take this country further downhill . . . . cry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 5:43am On Feb 12, 2011
Please people, whether paranoid if not, make sure you go out and vote this time around. The PDP is out there organizing it's own people to go to the polls come April ( less than 70 days from today).

Please do not let your fears that your votes will not count get th better of you and your senses. VOTE FOR CHANGE . . . CAST YOUR VOTE . . it is YOUR VOICE!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by spade: 7:34am On Feb 12, 2011
- He's surrounded himself with criminals, murder convicts, corrupt administrators and desperadoes. People see him as the savior; but how do you expect the man to deliver us when he dines with the same people who left us in this current position?

- How do you expect him to save our economy when the safety of our lives has become a luxury? How can you expect seriousness and determination from a man whose only solution to the incineration of our brothers in the north is blind prayer?

- When the rule of law was duly carried out with Aregbesola's judicial victory, this president of ours accused Atiku of 'disloyalty to the PDP' for rejoicing on the verdict? Clearly, he's shown us he owes his allegiance to the PDP and not to Nigeria.

I used to be a fan. But after all these things, I've come to realize he doesn't deserve my vote.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by wesley80(m): 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2011
@Jarus,
Since when did u start obeying the will of "forumites"? Let me guess; whenever it suits your clandestine sadistic propaganda campaign right?
Fact is 95% of those that wld vote and flap their tongues the loudest on this thread are marooned 4 good outside the shores of the country they claim to know so much abt and mort probably, do not know what a Voters card look like. So while u prepare to sit back and gloat, just give yrself credit 4 what u've achieved which is no more than instigating an assembly of irrelevant haterz.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Gbawe: 3:06pm On Feb 12, 2011
wesley80:

@Jarus,
Since when did u start obeying the will of "forumites"? Let me guess; whenever it suits your clandestine[b] sadistic [/b] propaganda campaign right?
Fact is 95% of those that wld vote and flap their tongues the loudest on this thread are marooned 4 good outside the shores of the country they claim to know so much abt and mort probably, do not know what a Voters card look like. So while u prepare to sit back and gloat, just give yrself credit 4 what u've achieved which is no more than instigating an assembly of irrelevant haterz.

Oga cool it . Totally inappropriate choice of word IMO.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sadistic

1. The deriving of sexual gratification or the tendency to derive sexual gratification from inflicting pain or emotional abuse on others.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from cruelty.
3. Extreme cruelty.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by excanny: 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2011
wesley80:

@Jarus,
Since when did u start obeying the will of "forumites"? Let me guess; whenever it suits your clandestine sadistic propaganda campaign right?

We've never been friends untill these words came out of you. They're tired of the ***chukwu blasphemy, now they want a panel of investigation because of his recent comments. Whatever suits them only.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Gbawe: 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2011
excanny:

We've never been friends untill these words came out of you. They're tired of the ***chukwu blasphemy, now they want a panel of investigation because of his recent comments. Whatever suits them only.

Jarus merely started an opinion poll . Nothing wrong with that at all. It is done all the time worldwide to gauge the mood and thinking of the polity. Why must there be a conspiracy behind the actions of Jarus which ostensibly appears genuine ? do you have mind reading abilities ? I think the siege mentality the Jonathan camp has always suffered from is now reaching fever pitch.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nsiman(m): 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2011
N.l opinion polls is unrellyable, many here have multiple user names, as such we go to the field.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by honeric01(m): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please people, whether paranoid if not, make sure you go out and vote this time around. The PDP is out there organizing it's own people to go to the polls come April ( less than 70 days from today).

Please do not let your fears that your votes will not count get th better of you and your senses. VOTE FOR CHANGE . . . CAST YOUR VOTE . . it is YOUR VOICE!

That's just it, even if they say GEJ has won right from his birth, that does not count until April when everyone must have cast their vote.

As long as my vote was cast to my choice person, i can as well have a say when the wrong result is displayed.

If i cast a vote for candidate A and i know another 1000 persons that did the same, when the result is announced and i find out that the candidate of 1001 of us scored 600, then would i be able to "boldly" and authoritatively say we were robbed.

DO NOT LET ANYONE DISCOURAGE YOU FROM VOTING FOR THE PERSON YOU WANT TO VOTE FOR, YOUR VOTE IS YOUR RIGHT TO CHOICE.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2011
I believe what happened back in 2007 was that people concluded that PDP would sweep the votes, so they did not bother to vote at all, but the PDP however drove their people to the polls to vote en masse, even with the assumed riggings.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2011
Jarus,
With all due respect,you are monopolising the politics section.

A cursory look at the list of threads shows you initiated most of the  threads stuck to the top.

We probably need to rename this section  Jarusland.

It is important we are concious of any authority/responsibility we are given,its easy to criticise political leaders for being dictators and having a 'sit-tight' agenda.

If your threads are that interesting,let them go through the motions.

A word as they say is enough for the wise.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Feb 12, 2011
^^^ What part of this thread do you have a problem with??

The part that is a poll asking people of how they would rate the current President of Nigeria? The fact that it was pinned to the top in a boardroom focused on discussing Nigeria and Nigerian issues? Or that @Jarus created it?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2011
Kobo,
When did you become Jarus' mouthpiece?

My comments are quite clear.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2011
illusion2:

Kobo,
When did you become Jarus' mouthpiece?

My comments are quite clear.

I am sorry your comments are unclear hence the QUESTIONS. I am not @Jarus's mouthpiece, just wondering what in the world you are BLATHERING ON about. This is a simple poll which you will find in most every political site out there. I am not certain what part of it IRKS you enough to want to claim the @Poster, albeit a moderator, is biased for creating this thread.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by omanzo02: 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2011
illusion2:

Jarus,
With all due respect,you are monopolising the politics section.

A cursory look at the list of threads shows you initiated most of the  threads stuck to the top.

We probably need to rename this section  Jarusland.

It is important we are concious of any authority/responsibility we are given,its easy to criticise political leaders for being dictators and having a 'sit-tight' agenda.

If your threads are that interesting,let them go through the motions.

A word as they say is enough for the wise.

I sometime wonder myself why other interesting post that don't originate from Jarusland not pinned to the top in boardroom focus on discussing Nigeria, is he aspiring to become NL Mubarak or something?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by ahidjo: 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2011
[size=20pt]http://buhari4change.com/[/size]
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by honeric01(m): 11:35pm On Feb 12, 2011
Whats wrong with some people? he said you should rate your president, how is that a crime?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SAN Threatens 1,000 Cases Against Emefiele Over APC Form / APC May Threaten PDP Dominance – Anenih / Supreme Court Dismisses Shittu’s Suit Against APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.