Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating (7879 Views)

Poll: Rate the president?

Approve: 20% (74 votes)
Disapprove: 72% (263 votes)
Indifferent: 7% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by ikposhijnr: 9:06am On Feb 14, 2011
I just love Nairalanders Big time!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by totorimi: 9:15am On Feb 14, 2011
If I have a better alternative amongst the ones parading themselves now, heaven knows i wil never vote this man GEJ. He works like a robot been controlled from some external force. Too bad for a nation that has everything going for her. We need a man to rediscover this nations potential and harness it for our collective growth and better tomorrow. It's no use just answering the subriquet president when you cant act like one. We need a drastic change from the way things have been used to. On that note I will rate him 10%. Although as they say in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. So we may give it to him, but as a well read academician I would have expected things to start happening differently from the way we used to know it but NO, the status quo remains and even worse off.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by beknown(m): 10:29am On Feb 14, 2011
Nigeria deserve better leadership.

In fact the President himself confirmed on WikiLeaks that he was not the best person for the job.

Lets quit sentiment and do the right thing on election day. Show GEJ the exit door.

We need excellent leadership potential in our leaders. Leaders with vision. Leaders with foresight.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by tyson55(m): 10:38am On Feb 14, 2011
I am indifferent to the political affairs of this nation.

Likewise me!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Intrepid1(m): 10:44am On Feb 14, 2011
tyson55:

Likewise me!

If you are indifferent then you shouldn't complain about the sorry state of the Nation, or when the Police manhandle you, or when you go 2 weeks without electricity!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by kemisuga(f): 10:48am On Feb 14, 2011
Dunno undecided undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Anaegboka(m): 10:51am On Feb 14, 2011
The man is a big failure.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by passyjango(m): 10:56am On Feb 14, 2011
Jonathan's Approval rating is falling only because he is a failure. However, the disapproval must not stop in NL. We all must go out on that day to cast our vote. Like, @Kobojunkie said, we all must go out to vote for the candidate of our choice even if sentiments or popular knowledge says our vote will not count or your candidate will not win. Remember, the objective of the election is to vote for the person you believe is the best for this country. It does not matter if the person wins at the end of the day. This is democracy, majority will have their way, but the minority must have their say. Your job is to mobilise enough people on your side so that you will be one of the majority. If your candidate or idea does not win in this election another one will come in four years. That, my friends is the beauty of democracy.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Muza(m): 11:00am On Feb 14, 2011
passyjango:

Jonathan's Approval rating is falling only because he is a failure. However, the disapproval must not stop in NL. We all must go out on that day to cast our vote. Like, @Kobojunkie said, we all must go out to vote for the candidate of our choice even if sentiments or popular knowledge says our vote will not count or your candidate will not win. Remember, the objective of the election is to vote for the person you believe is the best for this country. It does not matter if the person wins at the end of the day.

chop knuckle
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by assme: 11:17am On Feb 14, 2011
The man is a zombie being controlled by some ex- commandos under the umbrella of PDP. like many have said, there's no need to complain about the state of Nigeria if we are going to remain passive or indifferent about the situation. Each and everyone of us have contributed to the sorry state of Nigeria by being passive. We choose our leaders, failure to that, they do it themselves. so lets all match out on election day and elect our President; thats how we are going to contribute our quota and lets see how they will rig it.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 11:19am On Feb 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

By any chance, can you give us an idea of what topics you would rather like to see pinned to the top of the page? Why should YOUR selections be honored OVER mine, or EVERYONE ELSES?
I think the point has been made and well received by the intended recipient - please move on !
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by fstranger3(m): 11:24am On Feb 14, 2011
illusion2:

I think the point has been made and well received by the intended recipient - please move on !

You are the best!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by caringchi(f): 11:45am On Feb 14, 2011
it is not a crime, he asked us to rate the president neither is it a crime that the thread originated from him, but it becomes monoploy if the topics only pinnred to the top all originates from him.

before u comment on who wins and rules: make sure u have a voters' card and be willing to do your part by voting for who think its the right candidate; all words and no action wont help
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by onyeokwu: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2011
some NLs re myopic and short sighted hausa rule 38yrs yoruba 12yrs nothing to show about now you expect GEJ to turn Nigeria into paradise for barely 1yr he assumed the position of presidency
been tribal and ethnocentric doesn't pay
why all this hate about gej is because he told igbos that he is one of then
well
this forum has exposed how tribal yorubas are never to be trusted
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by 3kay945(m): 12:07pm On Feb 14, 2011
GEJ is good for nothing, the dude cant just offer nothing. he doesnt have gut and intellectual capacity to make basic things rights, dont be sentimental or deceived by his name.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by blacksta(m): 12:30pm On Feb 14, 2011
The only way GEj can win this election is by rigging - fact

He has no integrity and not credible enough to win a free and fair election anywhere in the world - fact no 2

Unprepared leaders who stumble to presidential postS have never made any impact that would benefit the masses - I am sure it is not

going start with GEJ. fact no 3

The last Nine months of GEJ admistration has revealed everything that is wrong with Nigeria - retrogression - Fact No 4
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Pataki: 12:45pm On Feb 14, 2011
While I am not able to vote as a result of my not being in the country, I will do all I can to ensure that my friends, family go out and cast their vote. Enough is enough of this PDP madness.

A clueless and guard-less president as Jonathan is not fit to rule the nation. I once supported him, but he has consistently shown he is not a man of his own convictions nor does he have the charisma to lead Nigeria. No personal drive to make a change in Nigeria and an utterly useless president who is not ready to bear the responsibility of leading and steering this nation in the right direction.

PDP madness of 12 years has to stop.

Enough is ENOUGH!

Please GO OUT AND VOTE.

We cannot keep shouting of no infrastructure in Nigeria for years and keep doing this siddon look approach and have some useless elements riding our intelligence and power with: ''I dey laugh oh''.

PDP must go!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2011
illusion2:

I think the point has been made  and well received by the intended recipient - please move on !
That was a nice hit below the belt.She never say anything on nairaland but wait to pick holes in what others say
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2011
onye_okwu:

some NLs re myopic and short sighted hausa rule 38yrs yoruba 12yrs nothing to show about now you expect GEJ to turn Nigeria into paradise for barely 1yr he assumed the position of presidency
been tribal and ethnocentric doesn't pay
why all this hate about gej is because he told igbos that he is one of then
well
this forum has exposed how tribal yorubas are never to be trusted

That is just the fact here on Nairaland.Their fathers and leaders( Hausa and Yorubas) having destroyed the country for 50years.Their Son and daughters are here on nairaland making noise and hell bend to see their Tribal comments hidden under the cloak of (Jonathan is not performing)come to past which most of us undertand very well.The issue here is not Jonathan,the problem these Yorubas and Hausa's have is that they cant stay alive to see a minority be in Power.It is a Tribal WAR from the MAJORITY against the MINORITY.But GOD will disgrace them very soon.50 years they have been in power and these peole make it look as if Jonathan is the cause of the 50years problem that must be fix under a year
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 14, 2011
Pataki:

While I am not able to vote as a result of my not being in the country, I will do all I can to ensure that my friends, family go out and cast their vote. Enough is enough of this PDP madness.

A clueless and guard-less president as Jonathan is not fit to rule the nation. I once supported him, but he has consistently shown he is not a man of his own convictions nor does he have the charisma to lead Nigeria. No personal drive to make a change in Nigeria and an utterly useless president who is not ready to bear the responsibility of leading and steering this nation in the right direction.

PDP madness of 12 years has to stop.

Enough is ENOUGH!

Please GO OUT AND VOTE.

We cannot keep shouting of no infrastructure in Nigeria for years and keep doing this siddon look approach and have some useless elements riding our intelligence and power with: ''I dey laugh oh''.

PDP must go!
[/quot
It is not PDP madness for 12 years.It is Yoruba and Hausa madness for 50 years of our Nationhood.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Gbawe: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ozin:

That is just the fact here on Nairaland.Their fathers and leaders( Hausa and Yorubas) having destroyed the country for 50years.

What a brilliant statement full of wisdom and logic !!! Indeed the Yorubas and Hausas have destroyed Nigeria. Afterall we all know that the SS and SE Governors  "destroying" their States ( like Ohakim, Orji, Imoke, Sylva et al) are really Yoruba and Hausa men in disguise !!!!! The pouplarly held belief that the problem of Nigeria is that misruling elites from all regions unite to loot our commonwealth is wrong . The problem of Nigeria is simply the Yoruba and hausa "destroyers". We all saw how OBJ coerced his fellow Yoruba man disguised as an SS man (Imoke) to 419 Nigeria with the NIPP scheme . Ain't that beautiful ? Two evil Yoruba men cooperating to frustrate Nigeria's effort at progress? From then on it is easy to conclude it is the fault of the Yoruba man that we do not have improved electricity.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Superbrain(m): 1:47pm On Feb 14, 2011
Nigerians, let us look beyond religion, ethinicity and social status while we cast our votes in the upcoming elections. Vision, morals and wisdom are not qualities peculiar to any sect. They are qualities characteristic of any man or woman who is driven by the idea of a better society, and who "consciously" strives to make his visions a reality. GEJ lacks those qualities. He failed as a deputy governor, as a governor, as a vice president and also as a president. In the past few months during which he occupied the office of the president, he failed to provide the much needed security of lives and properties, failed to address issues that affect the general populace, failed to be prudent in expenditure and also failed to represent the country well as expected of him.

He has chosen to compromise on integrity, morals, and true values, by associating with some of the worst criminals in Nigerian history, just in a bid to win an election.

We should thank God that his true character is coming to light. How can he account for precious lives that have been lost in the past few months? Yet he moves around with baboons and gorillas, announcing how important it is that they-PDP, must win the elections. The word "must" is an insult on the millions of Nigerians, who as a sign of patriotism to their country, and with a strong desire for change burning in their heart, will come out enmass to cast their votes- hoping, believing, that change will come.

Like the Obama deception, PDP is at it again, promising, lobbying and trying to buy our future and children's future.

I will vote and enjoin my family, friends and community to vote, so we can end this tyranny. GEJ has failed us, and if we let him and those goons, we will live to regret it.

Vote against insanity, Vote out the PDP. We need a new government!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Pataki: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ozin:

It is not PDP madness for 12 years.It is Yoruba and Hausa madness for 50 years of our Nationhood.
You need to go and rest your head. I do not engage in tribal bashing and I would not even come down to your fetid level and reason things out with you.

You claim to live in Australia, why not open your mind to intelligent reasoning? I do not see any iota of intelligence with your comment. It reeks of outright inanity.

Preach your message to fellow dumb skulls as yourself. They surely would accept you with a closed mind.

PDP madness has to stop. 12 years of no purpose, no direction has to end.

Buhari/Bakare is the CHANGE we want as a nation.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Gbawe: 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2011
Superbrain:

Nigerians, let us look beyond religion, ethinicity and social status while we cast our votes in the upcoming elections. Vision, morals and wisdom are not qualities peculiar to any sect. They are qualities characteristic of any man or woman who is driven by the idea of a better society, and who "consciously" strives to make his visions a reality. GEJ lacks those qualities. He failed as a deputy governor, as a governor, as a vice president and also as a president. In the past few months during which he occupied the office of the president, he failed to provide the much needed security of lives and properties, failed to address issues that affect the general populace, failed to be prudent in expenditure and also failed to represent the country well as expected of him.

He has chosen to compromise on integrity, morals, and true values, by associating with some of the worst criminals in Nigerian history, just in a bid to win an election.

We should thank God that his true character is coming to light. How can he account for precious lives that have been lost in the past few months? Yet he moves around with baboons and gorillas, announcing how important it is that they-PDP, must win the elections. The word "must" is an insult on the millions of Nigerians, who as a sign of patriotism to their country, and with a strong desire for change burning in their heart, will come out enmass to cast their votes- hoping, believing, that change will come.

Like the Obama deception, PDP is at it again, promising, lobbying and trying to buy our future and children's future.

I will vote and enjoin my family, friends and community to vote, so we can end this tyranny. GEJ has failed us, and if we let him and those goons, we will live to regret it.

Thank god folks like you still exist otherwise one would have to give up on Nigeria from reading the ridiculous utterances of those who have already condemned themselves to being losers in life with how they go around seeing everyone else as enemies of their progress .
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by onyezebros(m): 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2011
- He's surrounded himself with criminals, murder convicts, corrupt administrators and desperadoes. People see him as the savior; but how do you expect the man to deliver us when he dines with the same people who left us in this current position?

- How do you expect him to save our economy when the safety of our lives has become a luxury? How can you expect seriousness and determination from a man whose only solution to the incineration of our brothers in the north is blind prayer?

- When the rule of law was duly carried out with Aregbesola's judicial victory, this president of ours accused Atiku of 'disloyalty to the PDP' for rejoicing on the verdict? Clearly, he's shown us he owes his allegiance to the PDP and not to Nigeria.

I used to be a fan. But after all these things, I've come to realize he doesn't deserve my vote
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Gbawe: 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2011
Pataki:

Preach your message to fellow dumb skulls as yourself. They surely would accept you with a closed mind.

PDP madness has to stop. 12 years of no purpose, no direction has to end.

Buhari/Bakare is the CHANGE we want as a nation.

Don't mind some folks . Adult Nairalanders , and thus Nigerians, have delivered an overwhelming vote of no confidence in the ability of their President , based on his below average performance in office , yet all some people can talk about is how Yorubas and Hausas have destroyed Nigeria and  that "their Son and daughters are here on nairaland making noise and hell bend to see their Tribal comments hidden under the cloak of (Jonathan is not performing)come to past which most of us undertand very well.The issue here is not Jonathan,the problem these Yorubas and Hausa's have is that they cant stay alive to see a minority be in Power".

The ugly minds of some folks , aside being revolting , is just scary. Some people are simply beyond redemption.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by onyezebros(m): 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2011

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by onyezebros(m): 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2011
What a brilliant statement full of wisdom and logic !!! Indeed the Yorubas and Hausas have destroyed Nigeria. Afterall we all know that the SS and SE Governors "destroying" their States ( like Ohakim, Orji, Imoke, Sylva et al) are really Yoruba and Hausa men in disguise !!!!! The pouplarly held belief that the problem of Nigeria is that misruling elites from all regions unite to loot our commonwealth is wrong . The problem of Nigeria is simply the Yoruba and hausa "destroyers". We all saw how OBJ coerced his fellow Yoruba man disguised as an SS man (Imoke) to 419 Nigeria with the NIPP scheme . Ain't that beautiful ? Two evil Yoruba men cooperating to frustrate Nigeria's effort at progress? From then on it is easy to conclude it is the fault of the Yoruba man that we do not have improved electricity
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by ziccoit: 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ozin:

WOW! I so love the way things are going now.The mere mention of GEJ seems to be giving a lot of people here sleepless nights and High blood pressure.I will after this thread start another one that concerns GEJ again so that some people's blood pressure would continue to rise.My only prayer is that stroke or heart attack wont be the result.So much hatred for a man that has barely stayed one year just because he is from the Minority tribe.We have more Mallams and those who use Kpo! as plate to eat here(Yorubas) so I am not too surprise at this hatred for the minority.And on a more serious note,we need to ask ourselves who are those responsible for how the country is today? They are the Hausas and Yorubas who have ruled this country all through the years.Obasonjo and Shonekan representing the Yorubas ruled for a total of 12 years.The Hausa misrule came about with Tafawa-Balewa,Gowon,Murtala,Shagari,Buhari,Babangida,Abacha,Abdusalam and Yar'adua.Now you all come representing your Western Nigeria and Norther Nigeria using unguarded utterances on a Man from the minority tribe because you are in the majority so can open a thread and pour out your Venom after your Looting leaders have destroyed the nation for about 50 years? You are all expecting Magic within 1year? Na so! You guys should continue,but some of us understand that the hate for Jonathan is nothing but Tribal or else why dont we have 60% of these Tribalist here on nairaland support someone like Pat Utomi? or is Buhari and Ribadu more inteligent and hard working than him? Of course the main reason for this hatred for Jonathan is Tribal and I truely pray God in his infinite mercy will cause a revolution that will make the 6 geopolitical zones go different ways.Sets of Tribalist without anything to contribute to the National Purse but only interested in leadership role so that we shall continue to produse the Likes of Abacha,Buhari,Babangida,Obasonjo,Abdusalam, (Those who in the past have crippled this nation)

No wonder " a nigerian living in Australia" You have completely lost contact with reality. You belonging in one of your preached seperated part would spell doom for such a region.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Gbawe: 2:46pm On Feb 14, 2011
ziccoit:

No wonder " a nigerian living in Australia" You have completely lost contact with reality. You belonging in one of your preached seperated part would spell doom for such a region.

That can happen when one is totally consumed with a hatred of others to the extent that reason and logic are always discarded to support a warped position. GEJ had the overwhelming backing of Nairalanders in the past. No one brought up "tribalists" or the "Yoruba and Hausa destroyers" back then. Now that this poll shows that Jonathan has lost the goodwill of the majority of Nairalanders we read that the "sons and daughters" of the evil Yoruba and hausa "destroyers" hate Jonathan because he is from a minority group. If sanity still reigns in the mind of some folks they will see , without any iota of doubt , that it is GEJ's abysmal performance , and nothing else, that has led to him losing so much goodwill and support. I predicted it before and GEJ has gone on to prove me right . If you are clueless, innately inept and undeserving of your position , as many leaders are in Nigeria, you will go on to show this to the chagrin and dissapointment of those who believed in you. That is what is happening here . Nothing else. Some people should take their message of hatred elsewhere.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2011
Ozin:

That is just the fact here on Nairaland.Their fathers and leaders( Hausa and Yorubas) having destroyed the country for 50years.Their Son and daughters are here on nairaland making noise and hell bend to see their Tribal comments hidden under the cloak of (Jonathan is not performing)come to past which most of us undertand very well.The issue here is not Jonathan,the problem these Yorubas and Hausa's have is that they cant stay alive to see a minority be in Power.It is a Tribal WAR from the MAJORITY against the MINORITY.But GOD will disgrace them very soon.50 years they have been in power and these peole make it look as if Jonathan is the cause of the 50years problem that must be fix under a year
This is the problem with Nigeria - no matter how incompetent an aspirant is,most feel obliged to support him once he comes from their side of town. We'll my friend , I have good news for you.

In  a genuine federal system,your focus should be on your local officials,as they have (or should have) the most impact on your life.

So lets expend our collective energy with changing our corrupt system. Don't waste time or posts on the charade of PDP.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Gbawe: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2011
illusion2:

This is the problem with Nigeria - no matter how incompetent an aspirant is,once he comes from my side of town I need to supprt him. We'll my friend , I have good news for you.

In a genuine federal system,your focus should be on your local officials,as they have (or should have) the most impact on your life.
So lets expend our collective energy with changing our corrupt system. Don't waste time or posts on the charade of PDP.

Excellent Statement. This is what I hinted at when I mentioned Ohakim, Orji,Imoke and Sylva. If all the SS and SE State Governors utilised their allocation judiciously then we would have undoubted proof that "the Yorubas and Hausas have destroyed Nigeria". How are the Yorubas and Hausas responsible for the maladministration of SS and SE state by SS and SE administrators ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu's Wife Is A Pastor In The Church And A Muslim At Home - Pics / APC May Threaten PDP Dominance – Anenih / Supreme Court Dismisses Shittu’s Suit Against APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.