Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating (7882 Views)

Poll: Rate the president?

Approve: 20% (74 votes)
Disapprove: 72% (263 votes)
Indifferent: 7% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

President Jonathan's Approval Rating Was 60% In November - NOI Polls / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket / Looks Like Jonathan's Approval Ratings Has Hit The Roof? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2011
^^^ True. As a matter of fact the state/local government should run the schools and health centres.
As per your signature- IMO Ribadu should step down for Buhari,so we can get rid of PDP.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by nzeduka: 4:57pm On Feb 14, 2011
GEJ is indispensable. the best Nigeria have so far.And
dose that have been and planing to sabotage his
effort will fail in all there strategies.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2011
illusion2:

This is the problem with Nigeria - no matter how incompetent an aspirant is,most feel obliged to support him once he comes from their side of town. We'll my friend , I have good news for you.

In  a genuine federal system,your focus should be on your local officials,as they have (or should have) the most impact on your life.

So lets expend our collective energy with changing our corrupt system. Don't waste time or posts on the charade of PDP.

What stops states from doing just that today? Nothing!!!The Local officials already have enough control at the local level to impact serious change.
illusion2:

^^^ True. As a matter of fact the state/local government should run the schools and health centres.
As per your signature- IMO Ribadu should step down for Buhari,so we can get rid of PDP.

State/Local governments already run most of the schools and health care centres. You have state ministries for just this reason, and last I checked, each state gets some allocation to help it in carrying out some of the necessaries.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 6:53pm On Feb 14, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What stops states from doing just that today? Nothing!!!The Local officials already have enough control at the local level to impact serious change.
State/Local governments already run most of the schools and health care centres. You have state ministries for just this reason, and last I checked, each state gets some allocation to help it in carrying out some of the necessaries.

The states aren't entirely independent as they rely on handouts from the FG , ditto the LGs

To be completely responsible for the schools & healthcentres would mean full control of the budgetting process which they currently don't. have Hence their responsibility is largely nominal.

There's also the question of capacity of the individuals running the show at local govt level.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Orikinla(m): 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2011
With the horrors following him about, I wonder whether his name Goodluck is not an irony.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Feb 14, 2011
illusion2:

The states aren't entirely independent as they rely on handouts from the FG , ditto the LGs

To be completely responsible for the schools & healthcentres would mean full control of the budgetting process which they currently don't. have Hence their responsibility is largely nominal.

There's also the question of capacity of the individuals running the show at local govt level.

But the states can always generate there own funds for a supplementary budget.

Do you have any data, or evidence to actually show that the problems at the state level is that the state does not have full control?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 1:51am On Feb 15, 2011
Gbawe:

What a brilliant statement full of wisdom and logic !!! Indeed the Yorubas and Hausas have destroyed Nigeria. Afterall we all know that the SS and SE Governors  "destroying" their States ( like Ohakim, Orji, Imoke, Sylva et al) are really Yoruba and Hausa men in disguise !!!!! The pouplarly held belief that the problem of Nigeria is that misruling elites from all regions unite to loot our commonwealth is wrong . The problem of Nigeria is simply the Yoruba and hausa "destroyers". We all saw how OBJ coerced his fellow Yoruba man disguised as an SS man (Imoke) to 419 Nigeria with the NIPP scheme . Ain't that beautiful ? Two evil Yoruba men cooperating to frustrate Nigeria's effort at progress? From then on it is easy to conclude it is the fault of the Yoruba man that we do not have improved electricity.
The Head can not be sick and then you expect the body to be okay.Whether we want to pretend we dont know or deliberatly want to be like the Past(Yoruba and Hausa Leaders) who over the years have destroyed this country but still come out from their coven with insatiable hunger for power.The fact still remain and I want to challenge by everybody coming out with his/her real First name and surname with prove of where they are from in Nigeria,that the WAR against Jonathan is tribal.Then we will all come to that conclusion whether the TRIBAL WAR against GEJ is Tribal or not.You can as well start by being sincere and tell us where you are from in Nigeria.It is only those who want to be deceived would not see to this grand delusion of making Buhari and Ribadu look like angels and the most intelligent to take Nigeria out of the woods.Of course that is a big LIE.You know it but cant boldly come out to say so because somewhere in you is tied to that cloack of TRIBAL INNUENDOES.Now you make example of your Yoruba leader(Obasonjo with Imoke)but will never be bold to say how Obasonjo used the current Yoruba presidential candidate(Ribadu) So the fact still remain that all these cry,sleeplessnes about GEJ is nothing but a TRIBAL WAR against the Minority producing the 95% of the wealth of this nation.Of course you guys dont have anything against this man less than one year rule.Your Leaders for Christ sake(Hausa and Yorubas) should please allow others to also rule this country.And if you are not Tribalistic as I have said,then drop RIBADU who is representing the Yorubas who have ruled for 12 years,BUHARI representing Hausas who have ruled for over 38 years and back Pat Utomi who is far more intelligent and capable than RIBADU and BUHARI combined
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:03am On Feb 15, 2011
Superbrain:

Nigerians,  let us look beyond religion, ethinicity and social status while we cast our votes in the upcoming elections. Vision, morals and wisdom are not qualities peculiar to any sect. They are qualities characteristic of any man or woman who is driven by the idea of a better society, and who "consciously" strives to make his visions a reality. GEJ lacks those qualities. He failed as a deputy governor, as a governor, as a vice president and also as a president. In the past few months during which he occupied the office of the president, he failed to provide the much needed security of lives and properties, failed to address issues that affect the general populace, failed to be prudent in expenditure and also failed to represent the country well as expected of him.

He has chosen to compromise on integrity, morals, and true values, by associating with some of the worst criminals in Nigerian history, just in a bid to win an election.

We should thank God that his true character is coming to light. How can he account for precious lives that have been lost in the past few months? Yet he moves around with baboons and gorillas, announcing how important it is that they-PDP, must win the elections. The word "must" is an insult on the millions of Nigerians, who as a sign of patriotism to their country, and with a strong desire for change burning in their heart, will come out enmass to cast their votes- hoping, believing, that change will come.

Like the Obama deception, PDP is at it again, promising, lobbying and trying to buy our future and children's future.

I will vote and enjoin my family, friends and community to vote, so we can end this tyranny. GEJ has failed us, and if we let him and those goons, we will live to regret it.

Vote against insanity, Vote out the PDP. We need a new government!
My Dear we can not look beyond ethnicity,Tribalism and Religion unless we are trying to deceive ourselves.These things are the crux of the matter and must not be ignored.Why must GEJ be held responsible for the over 50 years damage of the country by the leaders from the (YORUBA and HAUSA)? We need to be sincere here and tell ourselves the truth.It is like someone who for 50 years lived a careless life with drugs,Alcohol and women blaming the Doctor for his sickness who has decided to help him out for less than a year
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:11am On Feb 15, 2011
Pataki:

You need to go and rest your head. I do not engage in tribal bashing and I would not even come down to your fetid level and reason things out with you.

You claim to live in Australia, why not open your mind to intelligent reasoning? I do not see any iota of intelligence with your comment. It reeks of outright inanity.

Preach your message to fellow dumb skulls as yourself. They surely would accept you with a closed mind.

PDP madness has to stop. 12 years of no purpose, no direction has to end.

Buhari/Bakare is the CHANGE we want as a nation.

Sorry I do not claim to live in Australia,I do live here.As to your venom release,I wont descend to that level becuase I know your type.You all suddenly woke up from your slumber and realised PDP has stayed in there for 12 years when a non Yoruba/Hausa is in power?then there must be something wrong with your "intelligent skull"What I am saying here is not even for your type but for those with independent mind to listen to arguement without being attached to Tribal WARLORDS like you
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:15am On Feb 15, 2011
Gbawe:

Don't mind some folks . Adult Nairalanders , and thus Nigerians, have delivered an overwhelming vote of no confidence in the ability of their President , based on his below average performance in office , yet all some people can talk about is how Yorubas and Hausas have destroyed Nigeria and  that "their Son and daughters are here on nairaland making noise and hell bend to see their Tribal comments hidden under the cloak of (Jonathan is not performing)come to past which most of us undertand very well.The issue here is not Jonathan,the problem these Yorubas and Hausa's have is that they cant stay alive to see a minority be in Power".

The ugly minds of some folks , aside being revolting , is just scary. Some people are simply beyond redemption.

Adult Nairalnders that have more than 20 IDs here coming to say the same things using different ids.And what is their total percentage compare to the true masses who will vote and dont even know what the internet is?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:18am On Feb 15, 2011
ziccoit:

No wonder " a nigerian living in Australia" You have completely lost contact with reality. You belonging in one of your preached seperated part would spell doom for such a region.

Sorry my dear,I am a more Nigerian than you are in every aspect of it.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:21am On Feb 15, 2011
Gbawe:

That can happen when one is totally consumed with a hatred of others to the extent that reason and logic are always discarded to support a warped position. GEJ had the overwhelming backing of Nairalanders in the past. No one brought up "tribalists" or the "Yoruba and Hausa destroyers" back then. Now that this poll shows that Jonathan has lost the goodwill of the majority of Nairalanders we read that the "sons and daughters" of the evil Yoruba and hausa "destroyers" hate Jonathan because he is from a minority group. If sanity still reigns in the mind of some folks they will see , without any iota of doubt , that it is GEJ's abysmal performance , and nothing else, that has led to him losing so much goodwill and support. I predicted it before and GEJ has gone on to prove me right . If you are clueless, innately inept and undeserving of your position , as many leaders are in Nigeria, you will go on to show this to the chagrin and dissapointment of those who believed in you. That is what is happening here . Nothing else. Some people should take their message of hatred elsewhere.
Tell that to your group who will believe you ever loved and supported GEJ. And the support never moved to Pat utomi who is a million times better than BUHARI and RIBADU combined?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 15, 2011
Gbawe:

Excellent Statement. This is what I hinted at when I mentioned Ohakim, Orji,Imoke and Sylva. If all the SS and SE State Governors utilised their allocation judiciously then we would have undoubted proof that "the Yorubas and Hausas have destroyed Nigeria". How are the Yorubas and Hausas responsible for the maladministration of SS and SE state by SS and SE administrators ?

Excellent statement if it is what you want to hear,but silly if it is contrary.Wow! the great Democrats GBAWE!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 2:27am On Feb 15, 2011
nzeduka:

GEJ is indispensable. the best Nigeria  have so far.And
dose that have been and planing to sabotage his
effort will fail in all there strategies.

My brother this your statement will increase GEJ haters BP and I pray it does not result to something fatal.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2011
I really do hope Mr. President will be fair enough to let the elections be free and fair unlike what he let happen in Delta state where riverine community had more voters than 10 urban delta centres combined. I have lost an Id for posting links, so i cant post the link
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

But the states can always generate there own funds for a supplementary budget.

Do you have any data, or evidence to actually show that the problems at the state level is that the state does not have full control?

Their hands are largely tied. You needn't look beyond the RMAFC and the unitary system of government we currently practise (federal road,federal electricity,federal police) to have a good idea of the situation.

This leads to states & LGs opting for extra constitutional means of generating revenue or multiple taxation. The Federal govt even sells land in Lagos ? undecided

Add that to the fact that that close to 90% of expenditure is on recurrent expenses at the local level & you'll have a better idea of the malaise in the current system.

This website gives a good breakdown of the issues : http://www.yashuaib.com/rmafc.htm
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Feb 15, 2011
illusion2:

Their hands are largely tied. You needn't look beyond the RMAFC and the unitary system of government we currently practise (federal road,federal electricity,federal police) to have a good idea of the situation.
I like to look beyond that actually!!! Here are questions for you. What state(s) in Nigeria has ALL it's State roads taken care of? What state(s) in Nigeria currently produces enough MW to supply it's people but cannot simply because of the Federal Electricity issue?

illusion2:

This leads to states & LGs opting for extra constitutional means of generating revenue or multiple taxation. The Federal govt even sells land in Lagos ? undecided
Add that to the fact that that close to 90% of expenditure is on recurrent expenses at the local level & you'll have a better idea of the malaise in the current system.

This website gives a good breakdown of the issues : http://www.yashuaib.com/rmafc.htm

The Federal Government owns land in Lagos. . . this is not unique to Nigeria and I do not see how this should, in anyway hinder development of other lands in the same State. Lagos is currently generating own income and making own budget. I ask again, what stops my LGA from looking into ways to generate supplemental income so it does not have to rely continually on the federal and state for funds to rebuild our area?

See I am not convinced that the reason my particular LGA is not as developed as it can be, is because Federal does not want my LGA to develop. Kindly convince me with actual data to support these claims that we have heard over and over.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by bashit(m): 5:43pm On Feb 15, 2011
Obvious, the heart dat desires to follow d ruling of its nation blindly, irrespective of injuries to human fulfillment or d placement of citizenry welfare as uppermost priority, will receive NO blessing from the gone hero who sought freedom from the white scavengers with their lives and blood. Even, the unborn ones will never take flower to their grave side because of their neglect and cowardice to the dirty ruling of their land. If we decide not to rate the rulers of our land, when do we then hope to get free from these modern scavengers?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I like to look beyond that actually!!! Here are questions for you. What state(s) in Nigeria has ALL it's State roads taken care of? What state(s) in Nigeria currently produces enough MW to supply it's people but cannot simply because of the Federal Electricity issue?

The current electricity regulations doesn't encourage independent generation,as all power generated must be put back on the national grid.

Kobojunkie:

See I am not convinced that the reason my particular LGA is not as developed as it can be, is because Federal does not want my LGA to develop. Kindly convince me with actual data to support these claims that we have heard over and over.

Did you check the site I sent? They(LGAs) don't even have a separate account for the monthly federal handouts,how can they possibly plan their finances?

They don't even have control over the local police station. The current constitution is a continuation of military central government & won't work.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Tokotaya: 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2011
GEJ is a major disappointment! Go away, GEJ.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Genbuhari3: 8:10pm On Feb 15, 2011
this OZIN of a man or woman get time oooo.

you are still defend a president who is down 19% in approval ratings. you better stop before you drown with a sinking GEJ!

Guys,

the polls have spoken. I have nothing else to add apart from my vote for BB TICKET. THE BEST AND THE BOLD grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by ava2: 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2011
DISAPPROVED for being generally clueless, irresponsibly superstitious, prodigal, generally indecisive, lacking drive and concerted focus,
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by illusion2: 11:11pm On Feb 15, 2011
av@a:

DISAPPROVED for being generally clueless, irresponsibly superstitious, prodigal, generally indecisive, lacking drive and concerted focus,

LOL ! cheesy
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Tokotaya: 7:15am On Feb 16, 2011
Gbam! That's it.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by dominique(f): 12:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
Thank goodness more and more people are seeing this GEJ for the nonentity that he is. I've been questioning his intentions since that unecessary facebook launch, but after he decided to shutdown schools for no apparent reason, i became convinced that this supposed academic has no vision for our crumbling country. He doesnt even look like someone that can run his household talkless of a fledeling economy.
I used to be one of his supporters (not die hard tho) but now, he's lost my respect, support and vote. Joining the Ribadu train regardless the outcome of the results. May God help us in this country.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Lagosboy: 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2011
GEJ together with his rogue friends like OBJ, Anenih and all the perpetual Kleptomaniacs in power should be booted out this year. Every speech GEJ makes without a paper is a disaster, his phd is a burden to his intellect, he is as clueless as it comes and to make matters worse he is now supported by all the OBJ billionaires pre 2007 that across all the tribes.

The guy talking about tribal issue here must know that ibori is from Ogun state, must know that Alamco is from Ondo state, Igbinedion must be from Oyo state. These 3 govs did practically nothing for their SS states when in power and we claim tribalism is the reason for being against GEJ.

SAI BUHARI!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by successtay: 1:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
the man will fail
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by jason123: 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2011
By the way, the way these Ijaws are insulting the SW is unfair because it was the SW that put him there. It was the SW that stood with him when Ojukwu and the SE was supporting IBB. It was the SW that STOOD with him when other people were talking about removing him. Now he wants to bite the hands that fed him. It is not done that way.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-426847.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440358.64.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515531.0.html
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515783.128.html
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by calaharry: 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2011
Nigeria is the most difficult nation to govern, because of its'extremely large population that is  massively uneducated. This is why the people easily forget to unanimously bring to book those that tormented them in d past and support those that are determined to make life better in future.

Objectively, GEJ has scored over 70%. Because all his actions was not just to grab power but to transform nigeria with it;GEJ has ensured constant fuel  availability with equal pricing across the states as seen in DEc 2010 holiday period( how can Nigerians forget so easily how they were suffering b4 over lack of fuel while black mkt was thriving?);

GEJ has reformed INEc with people of integrity for successful credible voters registration nationwide; he provided massive funding to begin a turnaround in entertainment ind. ; he has focus his programmes on electric power generation in phases to serve nigeria.

But GEJ's major obstacles are saboteurs (past failed rulers) not seen by followers at the lowest food chain. We must identify and stop the saboteurs in high places who do not want Nigeria to excel via GEJ SAMBO transformational plans and works. LET US SEE BEYOND POLITICAL  MANIPULATIONS AND JOIN HANDS TO ENCOURAGE GEJ'S TEAM TO REVIVE NIGERIA, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
illusion2:

The current electricity regulations doesn't encourage independent generation,as all power generated must be put back on the national grid.
I understand that but still states are generating still. So any state using that as excuse needs to understand that we disagree. Currently, States that generate get fed more of the supply,so I see no reason why states, that can, should not.
illusion2:

Did you check the site I sent? They(LGAs) don't even have a separate account for the monthly federal handouts,how can they possibly plan their finances? They don't even have control over the local police station. The current constitution is a continuation of military central government & won't work.
Yes, I did check the site you sent me, but I don't anything on there different. Granted that LGA's are unable to have separate accounts for the monthly federal handouts, but I don't see a reason for them to.

If the LGA has supplemental income coming in, which it should(but Lord knows suckling at the nips of the federal is all most of them want to continue to do), then it could budget and plan other ways it wants to.

I would not, right now, vote that LGA's have control over the Local police at all. I say this because I know what our local politicians are very much capable of. Even without local control, some of us have seen how easily these police men can be bribed to do the biddings of the politicians. Giving them full control now is out of the question.

I am definitely for change but common sense change from BOTH SIDES. Pointing finger all the time at the Federal Government when the Local itself refuses to do anything differently only helps keep us oscillating about the same point for longer.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by Nobody: 3:19am On Feb 17, 2011
calaharry:

Nigeria is the most difficult nation to govern, because of its'extremely large population that is  massively uneducated. This is why the people easily forget to unanimously bring to book those that tormented them in d past and support those that are determined to make life better in future.

Objectively, GEJ has scored over 70%. Because all his actions was not just to grab power but to transform nigeria with it;GEJ has ensured constant fuel  availability with equal pricing across the states as seen in DEc 2010 holiday period( how can Nigerians forget so easily how they were suffering b4 over lack of fuel while black mkt was thriving?);

GEJ has reformed INEc with people of integrity for successful credible voters registration nationwide; he provided massive funding to begin a turnaround in entertainment ind. ; he has focus his programmes on electric power generation in phases to serve nigeria.

But GEJ's major obstacles are saboteurs (past failed rulers) not seen by followers at the lowest food chain. We must identify and stop the saboteurs in high places who do not want Nigeria to excel via GEJ SAMBO transformational plans and works. LET US SEE BEYOND POLITICAL  MANIPULATIONS AND JOIN HANDS TO ENCOURAGE GEJ'S TEAM TO REVIVE NIGERIA, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

God bless you my brother!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Approval Rating by xoxogg(f): 9:43am On Feb 17, 2011
What a brilliant statement full of wisdom and logic !!! Indeed the Yorubas and Hausas have destroyed Nigeria. Afterall we all know that the SS and SE Governors  "destroying" their States ( like Ohakim, Orji, Imoke, Sylva et al) are really Yoruba and Hausa men in disguise !!!!! The pouplarly held belief that the problem of Nigeria is that misruling elites from all regions unite to loot our commonwealth is wrong . The problem of Nigeria is simply the Yoruba and hausa "destroyers". We all saw how OBJ coerced his fellow Yoruba man disguised as an SS man (Imoke) to 419 Nigeria with the NIPP scheme . Ain't that beautiful ? Two evil Yoruba men cooperating to frustrate Nigeria's effort at progress? From then on it is easy to conclude it is the fault of the Yoruba man that we do not have improved electricity.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I knew people dispproved of GEJ [s]really which sane patriotic nigerian would nt notice his blunders[/s] but a 19% approval rating is soooo low.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC May Threaten PDP Dominance – Anenih / Umaru Musa Yar'adua 65th Birthday (posthumous) Is Today / Tinubu's Wife Is A Pastor In The Church And A Muslim At Home - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.