Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,283 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters (17190 Views)

Onofiok Luke: Ibom Seaport Will Resolve The Gridlock Challenges On Apapa Road / Blackout Imminent As Kainji Dam Bursts, Nigeria To Lose 760MW / Akwa Ibom State 12lane Superhighway Awaiting FEC Ibom Deep Seaport Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Ilaumoh(m): 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
The work on the Ibom Deep Seaport (IDSP) on the southern coast of Nigeria has reached an advanced stage as call for expressions of interest is about to be issued to respective investors, said the Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Housing and Special Duties, Mr. Akan Okon at the meeting of the Ministerial Project Development Steering Committee that was held last week in the country’s capital of Abuja.

He said: “Port development is not just as building a sky-scrapper or any building for that manner; there’s a lot of paper work that’s involved. For us to get to the procurement stage, I will say about 75% of the work has been done and I am certain that by second quarter of next year, it will be ready.”

Ibom deep seaport is designed for large container vessels of 13,000 TEU and will have a capacity of 9 mln TEU. It will act as a transshipment port, wherefrom cargo will be re-distributed by feeder vessels to other sea and river ports serving the western and central African sub region including Sao Tome, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroun, Angola, Congo, Congo DRC, Chad.

The port has 5,129 hectares of land for development and is to be constructed in two stages. Phase 1 involves the development of a 20km approach channel of 450m width to provide for two-way vessel traffic, a marine approach channel which depth and turning basin is designed for 100,000 DWT container vessels with LOA 350m, draft 15m and beam 48m. The new port will also comprise a Naval facility for security.

Up to now, the project has obtained the Federal Government approval and completed the Environmental Impact Assessment. It is driven by the Federal Ministry of Transportation, Akwa Ibom State and the Nigerian Ports Authority, with the international advising from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and Singapore-based port engineering consultancy company Global Maritime and Port Services Pte Ltd.

The port is being developed on a design, build, finance, maintain, operate and transfer concept, with a 50-year concession obtained from the Federal Ministry of Transportation and the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC). Upon completion, the new port will be owned by the Federal Government through the Nigeria Ports Authority in partnership with Akwa Ibom State Government and private investors.

However, the new port may face competition from other deep seaport projects promoted by other Nigerian states, such as those in Lekki and Badagry driven by the Lagos State government and another one in the Cross River State. But all these three projects came after the Akwa Ibom State government had unfolded its plans, writes Nigerian Portnews.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/port.today/nigeria-proceeds-new-deep-seaport/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Brandstudio01: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
Federal government sudden attention on the south still amazes me. Hope it's not the case of dirty politics.

Because I trust our politicians when it comes to games. And someone like me can never fall for their tricks

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Ilaumoh(m): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
yuhsa:
nice one
Yes oo

1 Like

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Ilaumoh(m): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by longetivity(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
This is beautiful

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Ilaumoh(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
longetivity:
This is beautiful
Yes ooo

1 Like

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Ilaumoh(m): 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
More

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by kenny714433(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
kiss

That's my Akwa Ibom. If only this project will become reality. Then the next administration can develop state railways/trams to connect cities.

If only electricity wasn't in the exclusive list then our power plants would have provided us with 24/7 electricity.

Honestly, Nigeria is dragging my state with other SS states backward. I don't have hope in Nigeria, but I have little hope in Akwa Ibom state.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by SLOVFO(m): 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
That's wonderful coming from our darling grin PMB's government. I pray that the government would deregulate that sector of the economy. Let it be made competitive. It will help dicongest those ports in Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Siberia01(m): 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
smiley

till jesus comes

paper seaport

akpabio was the only one who would have built that .... instead he looted the little funds
Akwa ibom is not serious to do it
its just a tool for politics as usual

till 2023 we will still hear the same story ....

before you quote me

"Ndo ata amanah isong eyen Akwa ibom "

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Jalaw: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
That's a good one.

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by jericco1(m): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
Well when it comes to the South, the FG bring in unnecessary red tapes.. I hope it comes to pass though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Coldie(m): 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
B
Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Aether(m): 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Hopefully this pans out for the state as well as all involved parties

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Parisian: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2020
Great

1 Like

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by explosiveskull(m): 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
Good cos it will benefit me.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by horsepower102: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
I feel that Ibom Sea port is going through same delay tactics that Enugu Airport has been going through.

Those who know, know.

Nigeria tries to play with our intelligence as if we are 5 year old kids.

Next year the same news will come out again and people will celebrate as usual.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by MediaBoyfriend: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
My state my state grin

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Yankee101: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
Lol
Some people are working hard to cripple Lagos

Nothing is wrong with bringing all these ships to the Niger Delta and South East, it's just that we hope it's permanent and won't be reversed after Tinubu loses his presidential bid

And the persons behind all these rush rush are Ameachi and Hadiza Bala Usman, Elrufai's former Chief of staff.

Hmmmm

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by ForeThinker: 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Issorite

1 Like

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Openbusiness: 8:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
Great news

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by simeotexy: 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
L
Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by bro4u: 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
All these udom paid-online boys opening threads everywhere applauding him for doing nothing and placing the state as the second state with highest unemployment rate angry angry Ilaumoh and the other guy Hungcho something like that, you guys aren't ashamed of collecting peanuts defending Udom Your profile is convincing enough as it sells you out as an agent sponsored by the State Government to spread propaganda @OP

There's nothing here, the only job available is Keke riding. Little wonder NBS in it's recent rankings placed the state as the second highest in unemployment rate, and someone would still be shameless opening threads everytime applauding failure. angry angry

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by SILVERLINES: 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
cheesy
Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by highdon(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
W
Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by eaddyboy: 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
Akwa Abasi Ibom State Shall Be Great!!

5 Likes

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2020
They want to turn Akwa Ibom a no man's land, just as Lagos. There after, they ship their terrorist there and gradually committing havoce
Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by Ilaumoh(m): 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
Morere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Seaport Approval Imminent As Federal Government Applaud Promoters by abmarine(m): 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2020
Same news after every three months ...✍️

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: CAN Opposes Christian-Christian, Muslim-Muslim Presidential Ticket / Who Should APC Select As Their Presidential Candidate / Killings By Herdsmen Will Continue If Buhari Is Re-elected –atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.