Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,195 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company (18521 Views)

Lagos To Ban ‘danfo’ Buses From Passing Broad Street And Apongbon / Subsidy: Labour Gets 600 Buses From Fg / Joy As Enugu Receives 30 Luxury Buses From Innoson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Dede1(m): 12:46am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

"UDBN PLC, established by decree No. 51 of 1992 of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to foster rapid development of urban infrastructure throughout the federation through the provision of finance and banking services, was incorporated as a Public Liability Company in 1993.

UDBN PLC is a bank with majority shares privately owned, a publicly chartered financial service enterprise, with unique function to enhance the flow of credit to infrastructure sector at competitive rates. For more information,"

http://www.udbng.com/aboutUs.php

So UDBN, TUC, and NLC are not under the federal government's watch and people are complaining? They can buy buses from whoever they want. undecided

You are quite a reasonable fellow and I do not expect you to post this deceptive write-up. There is nothing private about UDBN. It is privately owned as corporations such Nigerian Railway Corporation. The appointment of the Director or the CEO of the UDBN is not decided by share holders but federal government of Nigeria through the right ministry.

Could you explain how NLC and TUC factor into buying buses from the money set aside to help private transporters such ABC, Ekene Dili Chukwu, Izuchukwu, Young Shall Grow, Aba/Lagos Promoters, etc?

NLC and TUC do not own or operate a wheel on the Nigerian roads.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:51am On Feb 24, 2011
Dede1:

You are quite a reasonable fellow and I do not expect you to post this deceptive write-up. There is nothing private about UDBN. It is privately owned as corporations such Nigerian Railway Corporation. The appointment of the Director or the CEO of the UDBN is not decided by share holders but federal government of Nigeria through the right ministry.

Could you explain how NLC and TUC factor into buying buses from the money set aside to help private transporters such ABC, Ekene Dili Chukwu, Izuchukwu, Young Shall Grow, Aba/Lagos Promoters, etc?

NLC and TUC do not own or operate a wheel on the Nigerian roads.

You're correct. I didn't really grasp the full scale of the federal government's role in the institution.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Obiagu1(m): 1:00am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Is this Innoson as well known, outside of the internet, as people think it is? There's probably a reason they never even bothered about Innoson - they probably have no idea about the capabilities or limitations of the company.

Remember, this deal was for 550 buses (mass transit). How many buses did Innoson make for Enugu? 30. Whether Innoson was capable or not may not be the issue. Nobody knows whether they're capable. Same for Anammco. They need to promote themselves more/better, probably.

. . . but the company was commissioned by GEJ, right?
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 1:01am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Is this Innoson as well known, outside of the internet, as people think it is? There's probably a reason they never even bothered about Innoson - they probably have no idea about the capabilities or limitations of the company.

Remember, this deal was for 550 buses (mass transit). How many buses did Innoson make for Enugu? 30. Whether Innoson was capable or not may not be the issue. Nobody knows whether they're capable. Same for Anammco. They need to promote themselves more/better, probably.

There is nobody you'll finance to produce 550 buses that wouldn't become an expert after making the first few units. Apart from Innoson and Annamco( which unfortunately belong to the dreaded Igbos!) there are the Styr company in Kano, and Leland co. in Ibadan. If you give any of them this contract, they will perfect bus production so much after a few trials and error( assuming they have no idea how to make one initially) that the whole World will be coming to buy buses in Kano, Nigeria.
What's wrong with Nigerians embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:17am On Feb 24, 2011
Obiagu1:

. . . but the company was commissioned by GEJ, right?

True. But they had not yet performed when he commissioned them. I was not clear. I meant, are they known as the go-to people for buses? Or are they still growing so as to earn that reputation?

naijaking1:

There is nobody you'll finance to produce 550 buses that wouldn't become an expert after making the first few units. Apart from Innoson and Annamco( which unfortunately belong to the dreaded Igbos!) there are the Styr company in Kano, and Leland co. in Ibadan. If you give any of them this contract, they will perfect bus production so much after a few trials and error( assuming they have no idea how to make one initially) that the whole World will be coming to buy buses in Kano, Nigeria.
What's wrong with Nigerians embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I thought Leyland motors is dead. I don't even know of this Kano company.

I wasn't talking about expertise in making the buses. Afterall Anammco was once under Daimler-Benz, so it's not a question of expertise. (But for the record, "become an expert after making the first few units" is not a reasonable approach for a company seeking to take on a big contract  undecided)

Perhaps your overemotional approach to everything made you completely sidestep the point I was making. For you everything is ethnic because you lean a little to the ethnic bigot camp.

I was talking about the ability of a company to provide hundreds of a quality product  in a reasonable time scale or a time scale seen as optimal by the buyer. Is a company that seems to be getting off the ground and in the early growth stage such a company? Maybe, maybe not. They could absolutely have the capability. But without them advertising that capability, there would be nothing that would make a prospective buyer immediately seek them out if their expertise, quality, and capability to deliver is not founded upon an already existing reputation or upon a very good sales pitch/marketing strategy.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 1:37am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

True. But they had not yet performed when he commissioned them. I was not clear. I meant, are they known as the go-to people for buses? Or are they still growing so as to earn that reputation?

I thought Leyland motors is dead. I don't even know of this Kano company.

I wasn't talking about expertise in making the buses. Afterall Anammco was once under Daimler-Benz, so it's not a question of expertise. (But for the record, "become an expert after making the first few units" is not a reasonable approach for a company seeking to take on a big contract undecided)

Perhaps your overemotional approach to everything made you completely sidestep the point I was making. For you everything is ethnic because you lean a little to the ethnic bigot camp.

I was talking about the ability of a company to provide hundreds of a quality product in a reasonable time scale or a time scale seen as optimal by the buyer. Is a company that seems to be getting off the ground and in the early growth stage such a company? Maybe, maybe not. They could absolutely have the capability. But without them advertising that capability, there would be nothing that would make a prospective buyer immediately seek them out if their expertise, quality, and capability to deliver is not founded upon an already existing reputation or upon a very good sales pitch/marketing strategy.

It will do you a whole lot of good to at least know basic things around you. The Styr motor company in Kano is almost going out of business, because nobody is offereing a 550 bus contract.
Your idea of quality is warped.
Remember my earlier example about the Chinese and 30 airplanes from Boeing? Today, the Chinese have been able to translate some of their knowledge from commercial Boeing 747 planes to fighter jets. The buyer always determines quality.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 1:40am On Feb 24, 2011
SOmebody needs to contact Annamco and ask them how much one of these buses costs:

http://www.anammco.com/default.asp?p=MBO1721InterCityBus
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:55am On Feb 24, 2011
naijaking1:

It will do you a whole lot of good to at least know basic things around you. The Styr motor company in Kano is almost going out of business, because nobody is offereing a 550 bus contract.
Your idea of quality is warped.
Remember my earlier example about the Chinese and 30 airplanes from Boeing? Today, the Chinese have been able to translate some of their knowledge from commercial Boeing 747 planes to fighter jets. The buyer always determines quality.

1. If it's going out of business, then how is it my fault to not know of their existence? Clearly they were not successful. For them to fade further and further into obscurity and irrelevance doesn't make me extremely ignorant.
2. Offering a large 550 bus contract to a dying company - company that was not even able to survive or thrive on a day to day basis. Does that make sense?  undecided So when you see that a company has no reputation, or has no success in dealing with the ordinary, you rush to offer it a large and extraordinary contract that could have an impact on your country's development/improvement?
3. My idea of quality is warped? What did I say my idea of quality is? I said the expertise was already there, but the question is, could they make 550 quality products consistently in a preferable/reasonable amount of time for the buyer? Furthermore, had the companies made it clear that they had such expertise and capability as any Chinese bus company (or equivalently, did the government know that they had such capability)? It's a question that may have played a role in the government's decision to snub these indigenous companies. Please remember that no less a company than Toyota was recently in hot water after churning out several products that were of substandard quality, and the owner, Mr. Toyoda himself, had to testify before the U.S. senate to save face.
4. My personal opinion is that they should have involved the indigenous companies and the Chinese that may have been seen as offering a better deal or as being less "risky" a choice. A sort of compromise. The Chinese should only have been a partial source, or an auxiliary part of the mass transit program, and then have been gradually phased out, in my opinion. Over-reliance on foreign expertise is a way to stall development and self-reliance, in my view.
5. "It will do you a whole lot of good" What do I have to do with the merit of my argument? You want to make this about me when you didn't even have the slightest idea about what my personal feelings were about the whole decision. My point was to figure out the government's rationale. They went with who they wanted and they had a reason for that, and I suspected that their reason for doing so was quite different from what some people were claiming in this thread.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Obiagu1(m): 2:02am On Feb 24, 2011
^^^

They might not offer them the whole 550 buses but a percentage will do the local industries some good. Don't you think so?

Government is still the largest market for brand new cars and buses in Nigeria because salaries are too low, so if you expect the companies to show themselves, hike salaries to enable individuals make some choice.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:07am On Feb 24, 2011
Obiagu1:

^^^

They might not offer them the whole 550 buses but a percentage will do the local industries some good. Don't you think so?

Government is still the largest market for brand new cars and buses in Nigeria because salaries are too low, so if you expect the companies to show themselves, hike salaries to enable individuals make some choice.

I agree. It should not have been a wholly Chinese thing. Because with where China is at now technologically, we could just ending up awarding large contracts to Chinese for everything, when we should only be trying to learn as much as we can from them and then move on. Ultimately the government can choose who they want, but I do think this decision was shortsighted.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

2. Offering a large 550 bus contract to a dying company - company that was not even able to survive or thrive on a day to day basis. Does that make sense?  undecided So when you see that a company has no reputation, or has no success in dealing with the ordinary, you rush to offer it a large and extraordinary contract that could have an impact on your country's development/improvement?

ding! ding! ding!
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 2:39am On Feb 24, 2011
[b]This is the reason why Nigeria will never ever develop. Nigerian leaders and some Nigerians are annoyingly blind. Look at morons arguing that it is better to import cars into Nigeria than manufacturing them. Do you all know that in this type of deal;

1. Purchase Agency Consultancy services will be paid for?
2. Export and Import fees will be paid?
3. Shipping cost will be paid?
4. The Cost of Buses will be paid for?
5. Internal transportation of those buses to their locations will be paid for?

If the buses were bought from Nigerian manufacturers;

1. Cost of Buses will be paid for.
2. Internal transportation cost will be paid for.
3. The buyers can personally supervise the production of their buses.
4. The local bus manufacturers can easily offer first hand maintenance servies
5. Jobs will be created during Production, sales and Maintenance.

Now, can someone tell me which one is preferable? those of you talking about quality does not understand that the buyers will have a higher chance of supervising and ensuring quality when these buses are manufactured in Nigeria than when they are made in China.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH NIGERIANS? MY GOD!!!!!!

SEE AN OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE JOBS, YET SOME NIGERIANS ARE AGAINST IT BECAUSE OF SOME STOOPID REASONS. HOW CAN JOBS BE CREATED WHEN WE KEEP IMPORTING THINGS THAT WE CAN MAKE FOR NO GOOD REASON?

All the government needs to do is to impose tax on imported cars and make them costlier than locally made cars, so that the local manufacturers can gain some patronage to aid their survival, while the government will make income from the tax (People will keep buying imported cars).
common sense!  In the long run, this will make popular car manufacturers to embark on FDI in Nigeria, because Nigeria's population is just too attractive, and more jobs will be stimulated. Gawd!!!! Some Nigerians are so dumb!!!

How can Nigeria's dwindling manufacturing base be salvaged when Nigerians think that it is safer and cheaper to import from outside?

I detest eku-bear and those that feel that Nigerian manufacturers are not worth patronising. Pardon me, but their arguments just showed how useless some Nigerians are.
If I produce DVD machines in Japan, and decide to call them a twisted "Nnamdi" e.g Nnamotosoki. Eku bear and his fellow morons will rush to buy them, than if I had a branch in Nigeria that had produced the same DVD machines and simply called them"Nnamdi". These DVD machines may be produced in Nigeria by the my same Japanese employees, with the same equipments and same quality. Yet it will be despised because it is made in Nnewi and Nigeria.

Nigeria is a hopeless country. I don't even advise any profit-focused manufacturer to manufacture in Nigeria, especially my fellow Igbos, because their products will be despised.

Until disintegration of Nigeria becomes a reality, Nigerians shall never see progress. It will be 1 step forward, 1000 steps backwards always.[/b]
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:03am On Feb 24, 2011
Note:

When I mentioned quality, I specifically said that there was nothing to suggest that the government knew that the companies could produce hundreds of quality buses successfully in the desired amount of time (whatever that is) given that these were not previously prominent companies. This could be attributed to the fact the companies do not have a major reputation yet, not that there is any actual lack of expertise. Just so my use of the word quality is not further distorted, the meaning should be pretty clear: An established company with a reputation as one of the larger and better bus companies in China would have a reputation that would allow it to be assumed to deliver a large quantity of well-performing products without anybody even needing to monitor them for quality or feel they were taking some risk. This does not mean that they should be solely relied upon, because once again, if we take this route, we'll just end up buying everything from China and not developing anything indigenous. The decision was shortsighted, but I simply don't see any conspiracy aspect of the decision. Maybe I'm approaching things too logically to see eye to eye with those who are emotionally distraught by this.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by againstGEJ(m): 3:11am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

[b]This is the reason why Nigeria will never ever develop. Nigerian leaders and some Nigerians are annoyingly blind. Look at morons arguing that it is better to import cars into Nigeria than manufacturing them. Do you all know that in this type of deal;

Now, can someone tell me which one is preferable? those of you talking about quality does not understand that the buyers will have a higher chance of supervising and ensuring quality when these buses are manufactured in Nigeria than when they are made in China.

SEE AN OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE JOBS, YET SOME NIGERIANS ARE AGAINST IT BECAUSE OF SOME STOOPID REASONS. HOW CAN JOBS BE CREATED WHEN WE KEEP IMPORTING THINGS THAT WE CAN MAKE FOR NO GOOD REASON?

All the government needs to do is to impose tax on imported cars and make them costlier than locally made cars, so that the local manufacturers can gain some patronage to aid their survival, while the government will make income from the tax (People will keep buying imported cars).
common sense!  In the long run, this will make popular car manufacturers to embark on FDI in Nigeria, because Nigeria's population is just too attractive, and more jobs will be stimulated. Gawd!!!! Some Nigerians are so dumb!!!

How can Nigeria's dwindling manufacturing base be salvaged when Nigerians think that it is safer and cheaper to import from outside?

I detest eku-bear and those that feel that Nigerian manufacturers are not worth patronising. Pardon me, but their arguments just showed how useless some Nigerians are.
If I produce DVD machines in Japan, and decide to call them a twisted "Nnamdi" e.g Nnamotosoki. Eku bear and his fellow morons will rush to buy them, than if I had a branch in Nigeria that had produced the same DVD machines and simply called them"Nnamdi". These DVD machines may be produced in Nigeria by the my same Japanese employees, with the same equipments and same quality. Yet it will be despised because it is made in Nnewi and Nigeria.

Nigeria is a hopeless country. I don't even advise any profit-focused manufacturer to manufacture in Nigeria, especially my fellow Igbos, because their products will be despised.

Until disintegration of Nigeria becomes a reality, Nigerians shall never see progress. It will be 1 step forward, 1000 steps backwards always.[/b]

Calm down - come on. Talk is cheap, and all you have done is just talk nothing else.

All these because a private organisation that has nothing to do with government decides to source their needs from somewhere else, then Nigeria is hopeless and should dis integrate? How many made in Nigeria products are on you as we speak? including the pant that you put on?

Your arguments are so sentimental and devoid of points that can be looked into and discussed.

When Lagos State under BRT bought their buses, where were yah? Even ordinary Church, example Winners Chapel, Redeem etc, when they bought their fleet of buses running into hundreds, none of them went to Annamco or Innoson, ask them why, they must have their reasons. It is anybody's business to spend their money buying products from where they like. Calm down. Nigeria will not dis integrate because we dont buy cars from these sources.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 3:14am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

Lol. Your argument is garbage. And never in your life put my name and m.oron in the same sentence. You who are not fit to lace my shoes, calling me a m.oron?

I laugh in Igbo.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 3:24am On Feb 24, 2011
againstGEJ:

Calm down - come on. Talk is cheap, and all you have done is just talk nothing else.

All these because a private organisation that has nothing to do with government decides to source their needs from somewhere else, then Nigeria is hopeless and should dis integrate? How many made in Nigeria products are on you as we speak? including the pant that you put on?

Your arguments are so sentimental and devoid of points that can be looked into and discussed.

When Lagos State under BRT bought their buses, where were yah? Even ordinary Church, example Winners Chapel, Redeem etc, when they bought their fleet of buses running into hundreds, none of them went to Annamco or Innoson, ask them why, they must have their reasons. It is anybody's business to spend their money buying products from where they like. Calm down. Nigeria will not dis integrate because we dont buy cars from these sources.

If you did not understand or see the points in what I wrote, then you may be either Myopic or simply Uneducated. FYI, I am a Manufacturer. I do so in a foreign land and export to Nigeria because of morons like you.
Contrary to your prayers, Nigeria will divide. By the way, If you could only understand my disintegration statement from the angle of this bus issue, then your problem must be about being uneducated than myopic.
You are screaming revolution as if you will stand if it happens. Which group in Nigeria ever revolted against Nigeria? What happened to them? I am Igbo if you must know. I will rather stay away from your stupid enclave than argue about how to revolt again and be backstabbed. I bet an uneducated person like you does not know the history of your enclave.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 3:27am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

This is the reason why Nigeria will never ever develop. Nigerian leaders and some Nigerians are annoyingly blind. Look at morons arguing that it is better to import cars into Nigeria than manufacturing them. Do you all know that in this type of deal;

Until disintegration of Nigeria becomes a reality, Nigerians shall never see progress. It will be 1 step forward, 1000 steps backwards always.

Nigeria is one country where you see thoroughly educated folks failing WOEFULLY in simple logic.  undecided

Please note that for 43 years (since after the war), Nigeria has not moved an inch. And year after year, they keep appointing "educated" Nigerians to positions of responsibility only for them to fail serially.

Without any apologies whatsoever, the only time I hold out some hope in Nigeria is when they appoint educated Igbo to sensitive positions; from NAFDAC, to CBN to Nigerian Immigration; nothing happened until they appointed Igbo folks.

I told eku_bear that there is a cultural and philosophical gap between Igbo and other Nigerians, and I meant it.
Something so simple is so difficult for Nigerians to comprehend and follow. shocked undecided cry

Look at when they appointed one "Tom Iseghohi" to head Transcorp. The dude came in with all his education and pedigree, yet, he orchestrated theft and incompetence there. Look at Olusegun Aganga!  undecided cry

Look at the CBN and Sanusi. His coming to the bank killed Nigeria's match to being the financial hub in Africa and the world.  cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Look at Attihiru Jega, a "renowned and no-nonsense professor" trying to outdo a known crook called Maurice Iwu in "pre-election rigging" or votes. At least Iwu waited till the election. This one couldn't wait! cry cry sad sad sad

So, you see why I'm saying that Nigeria should really divide, because since 1970, we (Biafrans) could have developed up to the stage of Israel or even Sweden.

Let "educated" men keep lying to themselves. One day, they will live by themselves and we would be gone.

Innoson should relocate to Ghana if the Federal government fails to give it some share of this contract. cool
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 3:30am On Feb 24, 2011
eku_bear:

Lol. Your argument is garbage. And never in your life put my name and m.oron in the same sentence. You who are not fit to lace my shoes, calling me a m.oron?

I laugh in Igbo.

Look at how many made in Japan electronics that you have. You may just have my brand among them. Those products would have been made in Nigeria if your local and illiterate brain was big enough to understand the principles of economics. If you think it is cheaper to manufacture in a foreign land than in Nigeria (Even with all the lack of basic infrastructures), then you must be a Demented Ass-h_ole.
Don't worry, one day, you will wake and find a Chinese Eku-bear, and you'll feel it is okay to have another slowpoke that is made in China. Ewu!
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 3:31am On Feb 24, 2011
^--- The bleatings of two impotent goats. Divide the country, if you have the strength.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by aljharem(m): 3:33am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

[]Look at how many made in Japan electronics that you have. You may just have my brand among them. Those products would have been made in Nigeria if your local and illiterate brain was big enough to understand the principles of economics. If you think it is cheaper to manufacture in a foreign land than in Nigeria (Even with all the lack of basic infrastructures), then you must be a Demented backside-h_ole.
Don't worry, one day, you will wake and find a Chinese Eku-bear, and you'll feel it is okay to have another not-so-smart person that is made in China. Ewu! [/b]

did you just call dapo ewu, illiterate grin grin grin

guy you are clearly out of ur league here wink take my advice go sleep grin grin grin mumu
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by jason123: 3:35am On Feb 24, 2011
Na wa ooo!! shocked
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:36am On Feb 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Nigeria is one country where you see thoroughly educated folks failing WOEFULLY in simple logic.  undecided

Please note that for 43 years (since after the war), Nigeria has not moved an inch. And year after year, they keep appointing "educated" Nigerians to positions of responsibility only for them to fail serially.

Without any apologies whatsoever, the only time I hold out some hope in Nigeria is when the appoint educated Igbo to sensitive positions; from NAFDAC, to CBD to Nigerian Immigration; nothing happened until they appointed Igbo folks.

I told eku_bear that there is a cultural and philosophical gap between Igbo and other Nigerians, and I meant it.
Something so simple is so difficult for Nigerians to comprehend and follow. shocked undecided cry

Look at when they appointed one "Tom Iseghohi" to head Transcorp. The dude camp with his education and pedigree, yet, he orchestrated theft and incompetence there. Look at Olusegun Aganga!  undecided cry

Look at the CBD and Sanusi. His coming to the bank killed Nigeria's match to being the financial hub in Africa and the world.  cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Look at Attihiru Jega, a "renowned and no-nonsense professor" trying to outdo a known crook called Maurice Iwu in "pre-election rigging" or votes. At least Iwu waited till the election. This one couldn't wait! cry cry sad sad sad

So, you see why I'm saying that Nigeria should really divide, because since 1970, we (Biafrans) could have developed up to the stage of Israel or even Sweden.

Let "educated" men keep lying to themselves. One day, they will live by themselves and we would be gone.

Innoson should relocate to Ghana if the Federal government fails to give it some share of this contract. cool

lol, you really believe only Igbos do anything good for Nigeria and every non-Biafran group is trash? grin And then you wonder why you have so many enemies on this site.

With regard to a Tom Iseghohi, I believe a certain Mike Okoli was arrested along with him and also charged with fraud. I wonder what ethnic group Mr. Okoli was from.  undecided
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 3:40am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

lol, you really believe only Igbos do anything good for Nigeria and every non-Biafran group is trash? grin And then you wonder why you have so many enemies on this site.

With regard to a Tom Iseghohi, I believe a certain Mike Okoli was arrested along with him and also charged with fraud. I wonder what ethnic group Mr. Okoli was from.  undecided

Mike Okoli was not the CEO and MD of Transcorp. Mr Tom Iseghohi was.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 3:40am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

Look at how many made in Japan electronics that you have. You may just have my brand among them. Those products would have been made in Nigeria if your local and illiterate brain was big enough to understand the principles of economics. If you think it is cheaper to manufacture in a foreign land than in Nigeria (Even with all the lack of basic infrastructures), then you must be a Demented backside-h_ole.
God in heaven! You are a dumbass. Are you really involved in any sort of legitimate business? No doubt a drug pusher, that is what you are exporting.

Labor is cheap in Nigeria, yes. But obviously if that were the only input, then Nigeria would have a significant competitive advantage against most other countries, and would likely be a net exporter of finished goods.

Is this the lot of your typical Igbo businessman? Beg and plead for others to buy their sh1tty products, then threaten to secede if they don't? No wonder everyone on earth hates your kind.

This is what I don't get about the Jewish comparisons. At least Israelis MAKE stuff that I like to buy. CPUs from a plant in Israel. I even saw some underwear from Israel one time at Wal-Mart. Never hear about the Jewish man begging for a handout.

Abeg, no beggars permitted. You won't get a dime from me.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 3:41am On Feb 24, 2011
alj harem:

did you just call dapo ewu, illiterate grin grin grin

guy you are clearly out of your league here wink take my advice go sleep grin grin grin mumu

Dapo and you reason like goats. Especially you. You are a bigger goat because you over value your "goaty" mate. Just a fact.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:43am On Feb 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Mike Okoli was not the CEO and MD of Transcorp. Mr Tom Iseghohi was.

Mike Okoli and one other fellow were part and parcel to the fraud and theft and all three were charged equally.

lol, you really believe only Igbos do anything good for Nigeria and every non-Biafran group is trash?
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by aljharem(m): 3:44am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

[]Dapo and you reason like goats. Especially you. You are a bigger goat because you over value your "goaty" mate. Just a fact.[/b]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin frustrated mumu grin grin grin

ode ,olodo

ewu amu, onya ara grin grin grin grin grin grin  go sleep mumu
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by jason123: 3:45am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

Look at how many made in Japan electronics that you have. You may just have my brand among them. Those products would have been made in Nigeria if your local and illiterate brain was big enough to understand the principles of economics. If you think it is cheaper to manufacture in a foreign land than in Nigeria (Even with all the lack of basic infrastructures), then you must be a Demented backside-h_ole.
Don't worry, one day, you will wake and find a Chinese Eku-bear, and you'll feel it is okay to have another not-so-smart person that is made in China. Ewu!

Guy, calm down. Dapo was discussing this issue from an econmic point of view which is the comparative advantage while you are looking at it from a tribal or ethnic point of view. It is not a conspiracy against anyone, please cheer up. smiley cool
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by aljharem(m): 3:49am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

Guy, calm down. Dapo was discussing this issue from an econmic point of view which is the comparative advantage while you are looking at it from a tribal or ethnic point of view. It is not a conspiracy against anyone, please cheer up. smiley cool

jason123, no vex me oo angry

he was just joking,.,.,. how can he be that ethnocentric,.,. it unreal ,.,. i mean even to business undecided

i agree with onlytruth on the idea of buying from a nigerian firm but the price and quality has to be right cool
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 3:49am On Feb 24, 2011
eku_bear:

God in heaven! You are a dumbass. Are you really involved in any sort of legitimate business? No doubt a drug pusher, that is what you are exporting.

Labor is cheap in Nigeria, yes. But obviously if that were the only input, then Nigeria would have a significant competitive advantage against most other countries, and would likely be a net exporter of finished goods.

Is this the lot of your typical Igbo businessman? Beg and plead for others to buy their sh1tty products, then threaten to secede if they don't? No wonder everyone on earth hates your kind.

This is what I don't get about the Jewish comparisons. At least Israelis MAKE stuff that I like to buy. CPUs from a plant in Israel. I even saw some underwear from Israel one time at Wal-Mart. Never hear about the Jewish man begging for a handout.

Abeg, no beggars permitted. You won't get a dime from me.

Now I'm convinced that you are even a mental case. If you use Igbo and hand-out in one language, you are beyond redemption.

For your information, most of us here talking to you guys are actually talking to the members of the international community who frequent this site to form opinion about Nigeria and Nigerians. By now, they know who has been drawing the country back and who it the parasite. One day, they will sit in judgment over our request for secession.

If Israel was defeated in 1948, you will not a have an Israeli made CPU today in your computer because the last time I checked, no Arab nation made one.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by jason123: 3:53am On Feb 24, 2011
alj harem:

jason123, no vex me oo angry

he was just joking,.,.,. how can he be that ethnocentric,.,. it unreal ,.,. i mean even to business undecided

i agree with onlytruth on the idea of buying from a nigerian firm but the price and quality has to be right cool

Omo, some of these igbo guys are not joking ooo! Some of them are this ethnocentric for REAL. That is why I laugh when they accuse the yorubas of tribalism (yet there region occupies the highest number of people from other regions) and accuse the north of nepotism when they also practise the same.

Remember, it is only SOME of them not all that are like this undecided sad cry .

Anyway, I agree with onlytruth to some extent. But Dapo also has a valid point. It now all depend on the FG!
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 3:53am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

How did I look at it from a Tribal angle? Between Nigeria and China, who got more comparative advantage in terms of cost of manufacturing? Why do you think spending millions in the process of importing and on the products themselves makes more sense than just doing it in Nigeria? Your Dapo knows nothing. You don't just need theoretical knowledge to understand what I am saying. You need practical knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Jibrin Secretly Begs Dogara Over His Suspension - Daily Trust / APC: Oyegun Surrenders - The Nation / 14 Safety Tips For South Easterners As They Are Under Military Watch.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.