Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company (18515 Views)

Lagos To Ban ‘danfo’ Buses From Passing Broad Street And Apongbon / Subsidy: Labour Gets 600 Buses From Fg / Joy As Enugu Receives 30 Luxury Buses From Innoson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 3:55am On Feb 24, 2011
Let everyone take note.

If you do not buy shi1tty Igbo products, then you are in fact a bigot. And they'll secede.

Heh, keep making all your bullsh1t threats. Me, a guy who would otherwise be relatively neutral will instead work very hard in his life to keep you under Nigeria's boot.

Can you imagine a man begging for a handout and then threatening if you don't give one?

Onlytruth:

Now I'm convinced that you are even a mental case. If you use Igbo and hand-out in one language, you are beyond redemption.
I'm not the one asking for a subsidy. That is YOU.

For your information, most of us here talking to you guys are actually talking to the members of the international community who frequent this site to form opinion about Nigeria and Nigerians. By now, they know who has been drawing the country back and who it the parasite. One day, they will sit in judgment over our request for secession.
Keep talking. Let's see whether anything comes of it.

If Israel was defeated in 1948, you will not a have an Israeli made CPU today in your computer because the last time I checked, no Arab nation made one.
The point is that they instead searched for areas where they had competitive advantage. It wasn't at independence that they built their tech sector. In fact, it is only within the past 10 years that they've been able to do this.

Most people with sense in their heads say, "Hey, which business do I have a bit of an advantage? Let me exploit that." Not, "I wanna do X. I'm not competitive at it, but I'll feed at the government trough."
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 3:55am On Feb 24, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

Mike Okoli and one other fellow were part and parcel to the fraud and theft and all three were charged equally.

With all due respect, I'm talking about the pilot of a plane, the captain of a ship and the driver of a bus, while you are talking about passengers or conductors or crew members. undecided

Iseghohi was the MD/CEO. All buck stopped at his desk.  undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by jason123: 3:56am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

[b]
How did I look at it from a Tribal angle? Between, Nigeria and China, who got more comparative advantage in terms of cost of manufacturing? Why do you think spending millions in the process of importing and on the products themselves makes more sense than just doing it in Nigeria? Your Dapo knows nothing. You don't just need theoretical knowledge to understand what I am saying. You need practical knowledge. [/

I did not disagree with you. I siad you were look at it from a tribal point of view when you started the Biafra/eastern region supremacy thing.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 3:59am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

How did I look at it from a Tribal angle? Between Nigeria and China, who got more comparative advantage in terms of cost of manufacturing? Why do you think spending millions in the process of importing and on the products themselves makes more sense than just doing it in Nigeria? Your Dapo knows nothing. You don't just need theoretical knowledge to understand what I am saying. You need practical knowledge.

Jesu! So you are saying that Nigeria has a competitive advantage over China when it comes to manufacturing?! grin  grin grin grin If it did. . . then this thread would not even exist, would it? If I remember correctly, even labor in China is slightly cheaper. Not to talk of the numerous other inputs.

Fake businessman!

You are a drug mule sitting in Japan somewhere.

What do you know of business when you swallow cocaine wrapped in condoms? Abeg, let me not report you to your local authorities.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by aljharem(m): 3:59am On Feb 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Now I'm convinced that you are even a mental case. If you use Igbo and hand-out in one language, you are beyond redemption.

For your information, most of us here talking to you guys are actually talking to the members of the international community who frequent this site to form opinion about Nigeria and Nigerians. By now, they know who has been drawing the country back and who it the parasite. One day, they will sit in judgment over our request for secession.

If Israel was defeated in 1948, you will not a have an Israeli made CPU today in your computer because the last time I checked, no Arab nation made one.

eku_bear:

Let everyone take note.

If you do not buy shi1tty Igbo products, then you are in fact a bigot. And they'll secede.

Heh, keep making all your bullsh1t threats. Me, a guy who would otherwise be relatively neutral will instead work very hard in his life to keep you under Nigeria's boot.

Can you imagine a man begging for a handout and then threatening if you don't give one?
The point is that they instead searched for areas where they had competitive advantage. It wasn't at independence that they built their tech sector. In fact, it is only within the past 10 years that they've been able to do this.

Most people with sense in their heads say, "Hey, which business do I have a bit of an advantage? Let me exploit that." Not, "I wanna do X. I'm not competitive at it, but I'll feed at the government trough."
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

dapo ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin

onlytruth grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin brother grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 3:59am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

I did not disagree with you. I siad you were look at it from a tribal point of view when you started the Biafra/eastern region supremacy thing.

I never stated any Biafran/Eastern supremacy stuff. Show me where I did.  You, eku-bear (Goat) and co are turning it into a tribal issue. You guys seem not to know when you do that. It seems to be a big part of y'all. Look at eku-bear screaming Igbo everywhere as if anyone cares about where his moronic self is from.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 4:01am On Feb 24, 2011
eku_bear:

Let everyone take note.

Stop making a fool of yourself. The international community know who has been living on handouts in Nigeria.
There is nothing wrong about the idea of government support for local industry. It is common practice ALL OVER THE WORLD.
Our quest for secession has been a "he said, she said" thing. But now, they can see how a thoroughly educated man is asking for government to kill off local industry and keep creating huge numbers of unemployed youths who will find their way into crime and end up in western countries seeking economic refuge.

When next our case comes up, it will be a no-brainer.  cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 4:02am On Feb 24, 2011
eku_bear:

Let everyone take note.

Even if you feel the buses should not be made by Igbos, For goodness sake have them made in Ibadan or Kano, even in Ghana, because the technology will be more easily transferred than from China.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by PhysicsMHD(m): 4:02am On Feb 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

With all due respect, I'm talking about the pilot of a plane, the captain of a ship and the driver of a bus, while you are talking about passengers or conductors or crew members. undecided

Iseghohi was the MD/CEO. All buck stopped at his desk.  undecided undecided

Obviously you're not familiar with the case. Mike Okoli was no passenger or crew member. It was a conspiracy and Iseghohi, Okoli, and Buba were very guilty of siphoning money. It wasn't a one-man operation.

Additionally:

"Meanwhile, the SSS has also drilled the controversial Transcorp Board Chairperson, Mrs. Ndidi Okereke-Onyiuke, over the alleged scam rocking the business conglomerate. Okereke-Onyiuke, Huhuonline.com has learnt, used her position as Board chair to muzzle Iseghogi as GMD. A source told Huhuonline.com that she was invited to the SSS headquarters to answer some questions regarding the controversies and allegations of fraud involving the top hierarchy of the company. The bulky Okereke-Onyiuke, who doubles as Director-General of the Nigeria Stock Exchange (NSE) is no stranger to the SSS and the EFCC having been arraigned last year in connection with the Africans for Obama fundraising. "

http://www.modernghana.com/news/218178/1/release-iseghohi-or-elsefamily-of-arrested-transco.html

I wonder if this person was also a passenger? undecided Let's not even get into her activities.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by jason123: 4:06am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

I never stated any Biafran/Eastern supremacy stuff. Show me where I did.  You, eku-bear (Goat) and co are turning it into a tribal issue. You guys seem not to know when you do that. It seems to be a big part of y'all. Look at eku-bear screaming Igbo everywhere as if anyone cares about where his moronic self is from.

[b]I detest eku-bear and those that feel that Nigerian manufacturers are not worth patronising. Pardon me, but their arguments just showed how useless some Nigerians are.
If I produce DVD machines in Japan, and decide to call them a twisted "Nnamdi" e.g Nnamotosoki. Eku bear and his fellow morons will rush to buy them, than if I had a branch in Nigeria that had produced the same DVD machines and simply called them"Nnamdi". These DVD machines may be produced in Nigeria by the my same Japanese employees, with the same equipments and same quality. Yet it will be despised because it is made in Nnewi and Nigeria.

Nigeria is a hopeless country. I don't even advise any profit-focused manufacturer to manufacture in Nigeria, especially my fellow Igbos, because their products will be despised.

Until disintegration of Nigeria becomes a reality, Nigerians shall never see progress. It will be 1 step forward, 1000 steps backwards always.

Your quote

also:

You are screaming revolution as if you will stand if it happens. Which group in Nigeria ever revolted against Nigeria? What happened to them? I am Igbo if you must know. I will rather stay away from your silly enclave than argue about how to revolt again and be backstabbed. I bet an uneducated person like you does not know

I detest eku-bear and those that feel that Nigerian manufacturers are not worth patronising. Pardon me, but their arguments just showed how useless some Nigerians are.
If I produce DVD machines in Japan, and decide to call them a twisted "Nnamdi" e.g Nnamotosoki. Eku bear and his fellow morons will rush to buy them, than if I had a branch in Nigeria that had produced the same DVD machines and simply called them"Nnamdi". These DVD machines may be produced in Nigeria by the my same Japanese employees, with the same equipments and same quality. Yet it will be despised because it is made in Nnewi and Nigeria. [/b]
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 4:07am On Feb 24, 2011
eku_bear:

Jesu! So you are saying that Nigeria has a competitive advantage over China when it comes to manufacturing?! grin  grin grin grin If it did. . . then this thread would not even exist, would it? If I remember correctly, even labor in China is slightly cheaper. Not to talk of the numerous other inputs.

Fake businessman!

You are a drug mule sitting in Japan somewhere.

What do you know of business when you swallow cocaine wrapped in condoms? Abeg, let me not report you to your local authorities.

LIKE I SAID, ARGUING WITH YOU WILL AMOUNT TO GIVING FREE EDUCATION TO A DUNCE.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 4:07am On Feb 24, 2011
naijaking1:

Even if you feel the buses should not be made by Igbos, For goodness sake have them made in Ibadan or Kano, even in Ghana, because the technology will be more easily transferred than from China.

That is not my argument at all. I'm not anti-Igbo. Obviously it benefits everyone in Nigeria if they are made in Nigeria. . . at competitive prices! If it costs 2X to make in Nigeria, and costs only X to make in China, then we are effectively subsidizing the local manufacturer. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes this is bad. Imo, for this particular business, subsidy is bad.

Let me use another analogy. I'm decent at basketball, but not great at it. Does it make sense for me to seek a career as a pro basketball player, when I don't have a competitve advantage at it   However, I'm good at certain other things. Those things are what I'm investing my time in.

I'm not opposed to technology transfer. But if the buses cost X each from China, and say 2X locally, then you probably want to buy from China, no? Certainly, demand some tech transfer. Local assembly. Etc, etc. But at the end of the day, you buy from China.

Then later on down the line when electricity runs 24/7, you'll have a competitive advantage and can start supply the local market at competitive prices.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 4:08am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

[b]I detest eku-bear and those that feel that Nigerian manufacturers are not worth patronising. Pardon me, but their arguments just showed how useless some Nigerians are.
If I produce DVD machines in Japan, and decide to call them a twisted "Nnamdi" e.g Nnamotosoki. Eku bear and his fellow morons will rush to buy them, than if I had a branch in Nigeria that had produced the same DVD machines and simply called them"Nnamdi". These DVD machines may be produced in Nigeria by the my same Japanese employees, with the same equipments and same quality. Yet it will be despised because it is made in Nnewi and Nigeria.

Nigeria is a hopeless country. I don't even advise any profit-focused manufacturer to manufacture in Nigeria, especially my fellow Igbos, because their products will be despised.

Until disintegration of Nigeria becomes a reality, Nigerians shall never see progress. It will be 1 step forward, 1000 steps backwards always.

Your quote

also:

You are screaming revolution as if you will stand if it happens. Which group in Nigeria ever revolted against Nigeria? What happened to them? I am Igbo if you must know. I will rather stay away from your silly enclave than argue about how to revolt again and be backstabbed. I bet an uneducated person like you does not know

I detest eku-bear and those that feel that Nigerian manufacturers are not worth patronising. Pardon me, but their arguments just showed how useless some Nigerians are.
If I produce DVD machines in Japan, and decide to call them a twisted "Nnamdi" e.g Nnamotosoki. Eku bear and his fellow morons will rush to buy them, than if I had a branch in Nigeria that had produced the same DVD machines and simply called them"Nnamdi". These DVD machines may be produced in Nigeria by the my same Japanese employees, with the same equipments and same quality. Yet it will be despised because it is made in Nnewi and Nigeria. [/b]

HOW DOES THESE STATEMENTS IMPLY IGBO OR BIAFRAN SUPREMACY?
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 4:10am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

LIKE I SAID, ARGUING WITH YOU WILL AMOUNT TO GIVING FREE EDUCATION TO A DUNCE.

You aren't involved in any sort of legitimate business, simple as that. Don't get mad at me for that.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by jason123: 4:12am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

HOW DOES THESE STATEMENTS IMPLY IGBO OR BIAFRAN SUPREMACY?

It does because you said you products are despised and all. You also said Nigerians "Nigeria that had produced the same DVD machines and simply called them"Nnamdi". These DVD machines may be produced in Nigeria by the my same Japanese employees, with the same equipments and same quality. Yet it will be despised because it is made in Nnewi and Nigeria.

Nigeria is a hopeless country. I don't even advise any profit-focused manufacturer to manufacture in Nigeria, especially my fellow Igbos, bec"

Etc. Well, this is my opinion
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by udezue(m): 4:13am On Feb 24, 2011
Onlytruth, Let's be honest with ourselves, these companies are owned and operated by Easterners and Igbo in particular. Because of the rabid hatred they have for anything Igbo they are willing to render the nation poor, with youths jobless than support anything by the Igbo. Even if Nigerians were drowning and the Igbo had the solution free them they will rather drag the East down than take the good offer. The owners of both companies should strive to get other nations in Africa and outside Africa to patronize their products and kiss Nigeria good bye. Enugu already did and I hope other Eastern states will follow through.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by aljharem(m): 4:14am On Feb 24, 2011
naijaking1:

it has nothing to do with africa or ethnic groups but economies undecided
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by jason123: 4:16am On Feb 24, 2011
udezue:

Onlytruth, Let's be honest with ourselves, these companies are owned and operated by Easterners and Igbo in particular. Because of the rabid hatred they have for anything Igbo they are willing to render the nation poor, with youths jobless than support anything by the Igbo. Even if Nigerians were drowning and the Igbo had the solution free them they will rather drag the East down than take the good offer. The owners of both companies should strive to get other nations in Africa and outside Africa to patronize their products and kiss Nigeria good bye. Enugu already did and I hope other Eastern states will follow through.

Here we go again . . . . undecided cry
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by aljharem(m): 4:16am On Feb 24, 2011
udezue:

to gabon angry angry angry

why na, you people are not nigerian enough,.,. i mean read this statement by you angry angry
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 4:17am On Feb 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Stop making a fool of yourself. The international community know who has been living on handouts in Nigeria.
There is nothing wrong about the idea of government support for local industry. It is common practice ALL OVER THE WORLD.
You just don't get it. Governments subsidize businesses in which they already have a bit of a competitive advantage. Here is a map of the world at night: http://www.urbanizr.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/world-by-night-b.jpg

Does this map suggest to you that one should invest heavily in car manufacturing in Nigeria. . . without first investing in electricity production  

In any case, it is a free world. Invest in whatever you like. Just don't force everyone else to do the same. If you want to manufacture cars in Nigeria, do so. Just don't ask for me to prop up your business.

Our quest for secession has been a "he said, she said" thing. But now, they can see how a thoroughly educated man is asking for government to kill off local industry and keep creating huge numbers of unemployed youths who will find their way into crime and end up in western countries seeking economic refuge.

When next our case comes up, it will be a no-brainer.  cool cool cool
Keep bleating like a goat. Wait for the international community to come save you. I wouldn't suggest holding your breath while doing so, though.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 4:19am On Feb 24, 2011
eku_bear:

You aren't involved in any sort of legitimate business, simple as that. Don't get mad at me for that.
I AGREE  cool cool cool cool cool. SO GO AND REST IN PEACE. MAY GOD GRANT MY PRAYERS TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM A COW LIKE YOU AND YOUR LIKES.

jason123:

It does because you said you products are despised and all. You also said Nigerians "Nigeria that had produced the same DVD machines and simply called them"Nnamdi". These DVD machines may be produced in Nigeria by the my same Japanese employees, with the same equipments and same quality. Yet it will be despised because it is made in Nnewi and Nigeria.

Nigeria is a hopeless country. I don't even advise any profit-focused manufacturer to manufacture in Nigeria, especially my fellow Igbos, bec"

Etc. Well, this is my opinion

SO STATING THAT NIGERIANS DESPISE PRODUCTS THAT ARE MADE IN NNEWI AND NIGERIA [/b]IMPLIES IGBO SUPREMACY AND TRIBALISM?
STATING THAT I DON'T EVEN ADVISE [b]ANY PROFIT FOCUSED MANUFACTURER IN NIGERIA
, ESPECIALLY MY IGBO BORTEHRS, IMPLIES IGBO SUPREMACY AND TRIBALISM?
MAKING ILLUSTRATION WITH AN IGBO NAME IMPLIES IGBO SUPREMACY AND TRIBALISM?

THINK WITH YOUR HEAD AND NOT YOUR HEART. YOU AND EKU-BEAR READ TRIBALISTIC MEANING UNNECESSARILY, AND IT IS BECAUSE YOU GUYS HAVE PROGRAMMED YOUR MINDSETS THAT WAY.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 4:20am On Feb 24, 2011
udezue:

Lol. I would buy a car from the devil himself if he is offering the best price. Even if you think I hate Igbos, I certainly cannot hate them more than I hate the devil, can I?

When I buy things, all I care about is price and quality. Nothing else matters.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 4:22am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

I AGREE  cool cool cool cool cool. SO GO AND REST IN PEACE. MAY GOD GRANT MY PRAYERS TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM A COW LIKE YOU AND YOUR LIKES.
Likewise. I doubt the likes of you would be permitted around my neighborhood anyway grin We cannot have riff-raff like you depressing property values.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by jason123: 4:23am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

SO STATING THAT NIGERIANS DESPISE PRODUCTS THAT ARE MADE IN NNEWI AND NIGERIA [/b]IMPLIES IGBO SUPREMACY AND TRIBALISM?
STATING THAT I DON'T EVEN ADVISE [b]ANY PROFIT FOCUSED MANUFACTURER IN NIGERIA
, ESPECIALLY MY IGBO BORTEHRS, IMPLIES IGBO SUPREMACY AND TRIBALISM?
MAKING ILLUSTRATION WITH AN IGBO NAME IMPLIES IGBO SUPREMACY AND TRIBALISM?

[b]THINK WITH YOUR HEAD AND NOT YOUR HEART. YOU AND EKU-BEAR READ TRIBALISTIC MEANING UNNECESSARILY, AND IT IS BECAUSE YOU GUYS HAVE PROGRAMMED YOUR MINDSETS THAT WAY.

You always think people hate igbos but that is not the case please calm down and stop this hatred you have for everyone especially yorubas. Dapo's comments were purely based on economics but you all took it that he did not like the eastern region and etc. Please calm down!Ndo, Thank you
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 4:30am On Feb 24, 2011
Justcash:

SO STATING THAT NIGERIANS DESPISE PRODUCTS THAT ARE MADE IN NNEWI AND [b]NIGERIA [/b]IMPLIES IGBO SUPREMACY AND TRIBALISM?

See the thing is, when one has to jump to racism/bigotry as the first explanation, it suggests poor reasoning. We still have not seen a price quote from INNOSON or this other company. Almost certainly, the bus costs more from them than the Chinese company (for obvious reasons.)

At that point, it isn't "despise products that are made in Nnewi", but another businessman saying, "Damn, why should I pay more for this locally made item when I can get it cheaper abroad?"

So what does all this tribalism stuff that you brought up have to do with anything? Should we point a gun at anyone's head and say he MUST buy the more expensive product?

Why not instead attack the problem of making the locally produced goods CHEAPER? Help the local businessman by fixing electricity. Maybe by providing healthcare benefits for his employees. Tax holidays. Subsidize fuel for him. Whatever. There are so many ways to attack the problem. We can debate the relative merits of each.

But instead of having such a debate, ya'll are just whining and crying, especially OnlyTruth's bleatings about the international community.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Justcash(m): 4:33am On Feb 24, 2011
jason123:

You always think people hate igbos but that is not the case please calm down and stop this hatred you have for everyone especially yorubas. Dapo's comments were purely based on economics but you all took it that he did not like the eastern region and etc. Please calm down!Ndo, Thank you

LMAO!!!!! YOU ARE STILL MAKING TRIBALISTIC STATEMENTS WHILE TRYING TO JUSTIFY MY SUPPOSED BIAS THAT IS NON EXISTENT. WHOEVER TOLD YOU THAT I THINK PEOPLE HATE IGBOS? LOL!
I AM A STRONG ADVOCATE OF A POLITICAL RE-ORIENTATION IN NIGERIA. THIS IS PURELY FOR THE SAKE OF PEACE AND PROGRESS. I ADVOCATE FOR A CON-FEDERATION OR OUTRIGHT DIVISION. MY PERSISTENCE ON DIVISION IS BASED ON THE FACT THAT NIGERIANS ARE NOT READY TO ACCEPT A CON-FEDERAL SYATEM OF GOVERNMENT. MY BELIEF DOES NOT IN ANYWAY MAKE ME TRIBALISTIC.

NOW, YOU AND YOUR DAPO ARE ALWAYS READING TRIBAL MEANING IN EVERYTHING. DAPO WAS FAST TO INSULT IGBOS BECAUSE I HAD A DIRECT ARGUMENT WITH HIM. MY POINT IS THAT, IT IS YOU AND THE LIKES OF DAPO THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE YOUR MINDSETS, TO AID YOUR CONSTRUCTIVE REASONING.
HOWEVER, THE WAY YOU TWO REASON (IN A TRIBALISTIC WAY) CLEARLY GIVES A GOOD REASON WHY NIGERIA NEEDS A DIVISION. IF NIGERIA WAS ONE, YOU TWO WOULD NOT BE READING TRIBALISTIC MEANING IN EVERYTHING SAID BY AN IGBO.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 4:37am On Feb 24, 2011
eku_bear:

That is not my argument at all. I'm not anti-Igbo. Obviously it benefits everyone in Nigeria if they are made in Nigeria. . . at competitive prices! If it costs 2X to make in Nigeria, and costs only X to make in China, then we are effectively subsidizing the local manufacturer. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes this is bad. Imo, for this particular business, subsidy is bad.

Let me use another analogy. I'm decent at basketball, but not great at it. Does it make sense for me to seek a career as a pro basketball player, when I don't have a competitve advantage at it   However, I'm good at certain other things. Those things are what I'm investing my time in.

I'm not opposed to technology transfer. But if the buses cost X each from China, and say 2X locally, then you probably want to buy from China, no? Certainly, demand some tech transfer. Local assembly. Etc, etc. But at the end of the day, you buy from China.

Then later on down the line when electricity runs 24/7, you'll have a competitive advantage and can start supply the local market at competitive prices.

I agree on the electricity issue.

You've got to look at the big picture and that's where government planners are supposed to come in.
Even if it cost 4X to buy the vehicle from say a plant in Nnewi, Kano, or Ibadan today; and 1/2X to buy it from China, you will notice that on the long run the cost of maintaining a unit of those buses in Nigeria for say a period of 10 years will be more than 10X considering spare parts, services, and raw materials.
Why do you think sensible goverments impose import duties so that they could level the cost of certain items i,ported vs those produced locally?
These are not new arguments.

alj harem:

it has nothing to do with africa or ethnic groups but economies undecided

If it has nothing to do with blind ethnicsm, what's the source of these disputes: poor understanding of basic international trade?
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 4:38am On Feb 24, 2011
udezue:

Onlytruth, [b]Let's be honest with ourselves, these companies are owned and operated by Easterners and Igbo in particular. Because of the rabid hatred they have for anything Igbo they are willing to render the nation poor, with youths jobless than support anything by the Igbo. [/b]Even if Nigerians were drowning and the Igbo had the solution free them they will rather drag the East down than take the good offer. The owners of both companies should strive to get other nations in Africa and outside Africa to patronize their products and kiss Nigeria good bye. Enugu already did and I hope other Eastern states will follow through.

A friend of mine from Alayi in Abia State had to relocate his plastic factory to ANGOLA.
Imagine how many jobs he had to destroy, and yet you have goats here chewing grass thinking they are talking to me. undecided angry

There are MANY Igbo guys who own factories in other African countries.
But for me that is even one of the proofs we need when we make our case.
If I were Innoson, I would relocate NOW to Ghana or anywhere outside Nigeria.

The questions for Ndigbo now are:

For how long shall we allow our dreams to be rubbished just because of Nigeria?
Isn't it time we made some serious moves to secede from that country?
Should we continue in Nigeria until our youths take to crime in numbers large enough to drive us out of our home land?

Those are the questions every Igbo person should be asking himself.

We don't share world-view with most of Nigerians. Their youths can survive on dust, ours can't.
So we cannot say "is alright" and simply walk away.

I've just added a few more folks to the list of those I ignore on nairaland. cool
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 4:40am On Feb 24, 2011
Look at some northern youths, and tell me if they care about tech jobs. undecided

Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Kobojunkie: 4:42am On Feb 24, 2011
I see this is another thread that may just need to be moved in to the CULTURE,RACIST,TRIBALIST Board since it seems it has again been hijacked by Tribalists  . ,  undecided
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by aljharem(m): 4:42am On Feb 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

A friend of mine from Alayi in Abia State had to relocate his plastic factory to ANGOLA.
Imagine how many jobs he had to destroy, and yet you have goats here chewing grass thinking they are talking to me. undecided angry

There are MANY Igbo guys who own factories in other African countries.
But for me that is even one of the proofs we need when we make our case.
If I were Innoson, I would relocate NOW to Ghana or anywhere outside Nigeria.

The questions for Ndigbo now are:

For how long shall we allow our dreams to be rubbished just because of Nigeria?
Isn't it time we made some serious moves to secede from that country?
Should we continue in Nigeria until our youths take to crime in numbers large enough to drive us out of our home land?

Those are the questions every Igbo person should be asking himself.

We don't share world-view with most of Nigerians. Their youths can survive on dust, ours can't.
So we cannot say "is alright" and simply walk away.

I've just added a few more folks to the list of those I ignore on nairaland. cool
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

brother you are very funny grin grin grin grin i like your sense of humor wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@bolded

why can't your youths survive on dust when others are undecided
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by aljharem(m): 4:43am On Feb 24, 2011
Onlytruth:

Look at some northern youths, and tell me if they care about tech jobs. undecided

is that necessary angry haba angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Amaechi, Jang Clash Again As NGF Faction Summons Meeting / INEC Declares Tambuwal Winner Of Sokoto Governorship Poll / APC Lists N440bn Fraud Cases Against Jonathan Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.