Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,500 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. (27126 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Who Among This Actors Do You Think He Acts The Role Of Notorious Guy Best?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 5:04pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^

Now that we are winning, you want us to get along?

Aint happening
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 5:07pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

Now that we are winning, you want us to get along?

Aint happening

Winning at what?  grin

Everyone knows Nollywood is Igbo dominated. Only a fool would say that it isn't. When people watch Nollywood movies around the world, they hear Igbo names and sayings, so who is winning. Like I said, you all can have the music industry, while we have the movie industry.

It is our COMPARATIVE ADVANTAGE.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by asha80(m): 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2011
the majority of these nollywood movies are produced/directed by the igbos. zeb ejiro/chico ejiro/lancelot imasuen and it's only natural for these men to give the roles to igbo youths. nollywood in itself is too igbocentric. that they speak english doesn't really make it a national cake. let us just assume all english speaking nollywood movies are igbo movies.

Cougar so in your mind the bolded people are igbo?so much ignorance in nigeria.Make Edo/isoko people catch you saying the bolded.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2011
EzeUche_:

Winning at what?  grin

Everyone knows Nollywood is Igbo dominated. Only a fool would say that it isn't. When people watch Nollywood movies around the world, they hear Igbo names and sayings, so who is winning. Like I said, you all can have the music industry, while we have the movie industry.

It is our COMPARATIVE ADVANTAGE.

But you are still playing catch up to us in terms of quality of storyline , creativity, and initiative.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 5:13pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

But you are still playing catch up to us in terms of storyline, creativity and initiative.

What storyline, creativity and initiative? I have seen many Yoruba movies and it is all about juju, juju and more juju. No creativity whatsoever. That is why it is at the bottom of a trash bin.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by tkb417(m): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
EzeUche_:

What storyline, creativity and initiative? I have seen many Yoruba movies and it is all about juju, juju and more juju. No creativity whatsoever. That is why it is at the bottom of a trash bin.
and you have not see Blood Money Part 1,2,3,4 , Nnenka the pretty serpent, Karishika, Living in Bondage and the other movies that were all about rituals and juju?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
I am really disappointed at you people. I am sure all this tribal "poo" are coming from people that are ignorant of what is obtainable in the outside world. After all the money FGN invested in NYSC to clean up this tribal sentiment among our youths, it seems its all a waste. Nigerian men and women on NL I pity una!

Let me give you guys a real life story and I hope it will put some of you who take advise in line. My guy once told me that before he traveled to Canada for his Masters, that as long as you are not Yoruba he does not want to have anything to do with you. But when he got to Canada something happened. Upon his arrival, he lost is money and could not find his way to the school. He was stranded at the station where he was supposed to take a bus to his school. He said he looked like an alien and nobody really cared and it was really cold. He had to cuddle round his bags before he lose it. He was there until the whole place was almost deserter ed and he noticed these group of white touts at the other end stealing glances at him. He was pretty scared, cold and dam hungry that he didn't even know what to do or whom to call.

At about 1am a guy walked up to him and told him that he saw in here earlier in the day and now on his way back home he was still there, asked him if he was new in town and my guy said yes. My guy said at the point he was relieved because he has seen another black brother without minding where the guy was from. He told the guy how he could not find his money and as such couldn't get to his school. The stranger told him to come and pass the night at his place. My guy said when they got home the stranger ran him a hot bath, give him a nice meal. The next morning the guy asked him if he had a better winter jacket, which of course my friend didnt not have other than the one he was putting on. The stranger took him to a near by shop got him a solid winter jacket, gave him some money and put him on the next bus to his final destination.  At that point my friend asked me to guess where the stranger was from, I couldn't figure it out and he said the guy is not only a Nigerian but also an Igbo man. My guy said that particular incident changed his world view since then, he will only ask you if you a Nigerian he does not care about your tribe.

My dear people of NL it is time we put this whole tribal "shit" behind us and move on. I am leaving in Europe now, upon my arrival I knew no one here. Since I came the people that have been taking care of me are Yoruba. One other thing I noticed out here is that once we black meet the first thing you ask are you a Nigerian? once the person says yes, he or she is your flesh and blood. Also there is no where in my International passport that says am Igbo or Yoruba or not Hausa. Though it only indicated that I was born in Kano and a Nigerian that's all.  I wish we could treat one another that way at home.

I am fortunate that my dad was in Military and when we were still living in the barracks you will never perceive anything called "tribe". (Though it might be happening at the office but not among neighbours believe me)People are treated as one. I have lived with every single ethnic group you could mention in Nigeria. I never knew they were different until I joined the civilian world. Please let us grow up, Hause, Igbo, Yoruba , if you all noticed it was this tribal card that our ancestors played that brought us to this pathetic state we are now in naija. We should change things for our own children, we should not let what befell us befall them.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by SweetT1: 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
Awon Omo Ekiti yi baje sha, no respect for their elders.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by johnjoel(m): 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
who care for greetin or no greetin who nos them
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Laura202: 5:49pm On Feb 23, 2011
Good one@woodcork.

Until we realise that we have gone wayyyyyyy past the tribal crap in Nigeria, we will always be our own worst enemies.

woodcook:

I am really disappointed at you people. I am sure all this tribal "poo" are coming from people that are ignorant of what is obtainable in the outside world. After all the money FGN invested in NYSC to clean up this tribal sentiment among our youths, it seems its all a waste. Nigerian men and women on NL I pity una!

Let me give you guys a real life story and I hope it will put some of you who take advise in line. My guy once told me that before he traveled to Canada for his Masters, that as long as you are not Yoruba he does not want to have anything to do with you. But when he got to Canada something happened. Upon his arrival, he lost is money and could not find his way to the school. He was stranded at the station where he was supposed to take a bus to his school. He said he looked like an alien and nobody really cared and it was really cold. He had to cuddle round his bags before he lose it. He was there until the whole place was almost deserter ed and he noticed these group of white touts at the other end stealing glances at him. He was pretty scared, cold and dam hungry that he didn't even know what to do or whom to call.

At about 1am a guy walked up to him and told him that he saw in here earlier in the day and now on his way back home he was still there, asked him if he was new in town and my guy said yes. My guy said at the point he was relieved because he has seen another black brother without minding where the guy was from. He told the guy how he could not find his money and as such couldn't get to his school. The stranger told him to come and pass the night at his place. My guy said when they got home the stranger ran him a hot bath, give him a nice meal. The next morning the guy asked him if he had a better winter jacket, which of course my friend didnt not have other than the one he was putting on. The stranger took him to a near by shop got him a solid winter jacket, gave him some money and put him on the next bus to his final destination. At that point my friend asked me to guess where the stranger was from, I couldn't figure it out and he said the guy is not only a Nigerian but also an Igbo man. My guy said that particular incident changed his world view since then, he will only ask you if you a Nigerian he does not care about your tribe.

My dear people of NL it is time we put this whole tribal "poo" behind us and move on. I am leaving in Europe now, upon my arrival I knew no one here. Since I came the people that have been taking care of me are Yoruba. One other thing I noticed out here is that once we black meet the first thing you ask are you a Nigerian? once the person says yes, he or she is your flesh and blood. Also there is no where in my International passport that says am Igbo or Yoruba or not Hausa. Though it only indicated that I was born in Kano and a Nigerian that's all. I wish we could treat one another that way at home.

I am fortunate that my dad was in Military and when we were still living in the barracks you will never perceive anything called "tribe". (Though it might be happening at the office but not among neighbours believe me)People are treated as one. I have lived with every single ethnic group you could mention in Nigeria. I never knew they were different until I joined the civilian world. Please let us grow up, Hause, Igbo, Yoruba , if you all noticed it was this tribal card that our ancestors played that brought us to this pathetic state we are now in naija. We should change things for our own children, we should not let what befell us befall them.

Go
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by nvo5(f): 5:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
@fstranger3, I'm really disappointed at you.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
@Laura202

what annoys me most is that these people throwing the "tribal shit" around are all grown adults; men and women.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Dawdy(m): 5:57pm On Feb 23, 2011
She is out of her sense 200 km away, wot kind of respect does she want? They should bow or wot?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 23, 2011
Someone was definitely drunk to bring this sh1t up the home page right?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 6:00pm On Feb 23, 2011
nvo5:

@fstranger3, I'm really disappointed at you.

Were you supposed to be proud of me? grin

Are you my mother?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Sannmmy: 6:04pm On Feb 23, 2011
May God bless you in every way my man woodlook, i read a lot of posts,  no one ever commended on a good "unity post" they only focused on arguing, You can call me yoruba, but i dont really care though and yes Fstranger is a nuisance, EzeUche is trying to be civil most times and stranger just would not cool down,  what difference does it make if one tribe does something better than another,  all fingers are not equal but all are important,  its not a good comment UCHE JOMBO made, you cant generalize on a group of people by what some of them do,  your comments count a lot as a role model and you should be trying everything to make things go smooth among nigerians, after all you want yoruba people to watch your movies also,  My man, woodlook, you have seen life and you know that a person from your tribe or even your brother is not always the best friend to you,  Many times there are people who are not from your tribe or country that care about you more than your own brothers,  if you call yourselves NIGERIANS and you are not ready to be proud of what other tribes are achieving then, you are killing yourselves
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2011
^^^

You did not need to create a new username just to call me a nuisance, you know that right Ezeuche?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ifyalways(f): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2011
Cheei NLD  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Phd holders,Harvard graduates,Sisters and brothers in the lawd etc etc arguing over Nollywood. . . and morrow y'all wud claim u don't watch Nollywood.
Mu he he.Twa  cheesy
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 6:10pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

^^^

You did not need to create a new username just to call me a nuisance, you know that right Ezeuche?

I do not do that. . .

I stick to using one name when posting on Nairaland. Not that changing of name BS. Way too much work.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2011
[/quote][quote author=EzeUche_ link=topic=609616.msg7786697#msg7786697 date=1298477246]
Winning at what?  grin

Which music industry ca they have? Name the three biggest musical acts in Nigeria today: Psquare, Tuface Idibia, and D'Banj (who's lifeblood is Don Jazzy, an IGBO man). Even if you name the top 10 acts, I'm sure there wouldn't be more than 3 yoruba names on the list. Unless you're talking aout sheer numbers (quantity, not quality) of interlopers in the industry; and that would be down to the fact that Lagos is their land, and Lagos is where it all happens.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 6:15pm On Feb 23, 2011
pro01:

Which music industry ca they have? Name the three biggest musical acts in Nigeria today: Psquare, Tuface Idibia, and D'Banj (who's lifeblood is Don Jazzy, an IGBO man). Even if you name the top 10 acts, I'm sure there wouldn't be more than 3 yoruba names on the list. Unless you're talking aout sheer numbers (quantity, not quality) of interlopers in the industry; and that would be down to the fact that Lagos is their land, and Lagos is where it all happens.

You are just grasping at straws. You are so funny. How old are you, like 12?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by nvo5(f): 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

Were you supposed to be proud of me? grin

Are you my mother?

maybe, do you want me to be your mum
I don't except such comment from you.
I have always admire you comments but
not this ones.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Sannmmy: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
See this fstranger guy,   i'm Yoruba and i was born in ILORIN. and you are a nuisance, you can settle things in more civil ways,  stop being an ass, i'm not saying Eze is completely right, but i can see him getting close to a reasonable agreement while you just don't wanna hear nothing,  if you want people to respect your tribe, you need to respect yourself and respect their tribes,  you can be productive, and my beef with you is not only on tribalism, you say a whole lot of other crap too, come on man, i can tell you are really smart, but you are using it in a destructive manner,
fstranger3:

^^^

YOU CAN CHANNEL YOUR SMARTNESS INTO THE POSITIVE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by dancenony: 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2011
BLUETHOOT , incase u have memory seizure, let me remind youthat when Pete Edochie was acting, olu jecobs was still coming up as an actor so i dnt see why pete will care abt someone who had come to eat from his leftovers ,
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by olaadegoke(m): 6:29pm On Feb 23, 2011
@woodcook God Bless you, You guys need to desist from this tribalism cra.p, Be the change you want to see in our Great country, One Luv !
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

You are just grasping at straws. You are so funny. How old are you, like 12?

Would knowing my age resuscitate your comatose brain-cells? Let me know, I might consider obliging you.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by 2dcore(f): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2011
dancenony:

BLUETHOOT , incase u have memory seizure, let me remind youthat when Pete Edochie was acting, olu jecobs was still coming up as an actor so i dnt see why pete will care abt someone who had come to eat from his leftovers ,

Please check your facts well before you type.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by rhymz(m): 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
Many of us here are just blinded by bigotry. Bluetooth is an !diot that should not be engaged seriously, he's got $hiit for brains, always talking like a sicktard.
Before all these stray bigots (both igbos and yorubas) start spewing rubbish, I think it is in order to put things in perspecrives. The movie industry seem to be dominated by people from the eastern region not because easterners wont let others participate, firstly movie production is a billion naira business and the people involved in it want to make profit. If a majority of the people that choose to get themselves involved in it happen to be easterners how is that anyone's fault?
I find all these stupid arguements of Nollywood being dominated by easterners as dumb, you lot forget that a majority of the people that fund and distribute these movies are easterners? Their choices are based on profit and that is why they are not interested in using any one Nigeria language to make their movies. Just as we have majority of yoruba people in yoruba movies so we have a lot of easterners in english speaking movies but that is not to say we dont have other tribes in Nollywood. Mercy Johnson, Omotola, Bimbo Akintola, RMD,Jide Kosoko, Olu Jacobs, Joke Silver etc are not from the east but they are amongst the faces that dominate our screens. I have seen a lot of the Yoruba movies they are ok but they lack dynamism in their plots, I dont think they are crap, in the cultural segment of Nollywood, they are the most successful but it is downright silly for anyone to suggest any competion between them.
As for Uche Jumbo's complaints, I think it is petty and very childish. Nobody is designated to greet you, even if you speak kreola, na wa o
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 7:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
@kemisuga[size=20pt]
@ Uchennaq - must u type in dat big fonts. Shows how lousy u are.
[/size]

your mama. Which Kind stupid name be this[size=20pt] kemisuga[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by oluchioke(f): 7:14pm On Feb 23, 2011
rubbish, what is being tribalistic for, ibo , yoruba , hausa we are all nigerians whether you like it or not
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by tyson55(m): 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
Why am i on this thread? I don't watch Naija movie On the side note; Fstranger3 and Ezeuche are the most bigoted Nls, even though both of them are my brothers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tobi Bakre Wins Most Popular Bbnaija Housemate At Neclive7 Award / Photos From Dr. Sid And Simi Osomo's White Wedding / You All Have To Read Bovi's Amazing Testimony About #WIZKID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.