Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,035 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! (17406 Views)

Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune / Report Your Efforts On Buhari-bakare Team Here / Buhari Bakare Manifesto - The Best Ever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by 1money: 10:36pm On Feb 28, 2011
@poster excellent analysis,weldone. @bb supporters thank d poster 4 bringing ur campaign to d news level. In my area some pple r stil asking who &who r contesting wt Gej 4 president of Nig. Face d reality,election is not won on the internet. I even saw Pastor Chris Okotie's ad on Nta news but never bb. Forget aso rock. As 4 me Gej may not have done wonders and sent us 2 heaven but we r not in hell either so Gej all d way!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Solomon227(m): 10:57pm On Feb 28, 2011
JUO:

stop wasting your time PDP has already won, we know we have tried to stop them. God know the best

JUO check out the people campaigning for BB something is common with all of US we are driven by purpose, we are not quitters, we are all, probably achievers in our different life endeavours. Few months ago GEJ fans controlled NL, facebook and Nigeria village square, few weeks to elections the same fans are for Buhari-Bakare.

GEJ has consistently been making unpardonable flaws in his desperation to return to Aso Rock and mots reasonable young Nigerians are seeing he is just another dishonest mediocre.

PDP has not won. A few months ago I was GEJ fanatic with my friends but today we have seen the light and are vigorously campaigning for BB. In a free and fair election GEJ cannot beat Buhari. Without our supports Buhari won 9 Northern states against the Chief election rigger himself (OBJ). With many more southerners falling in luv with Mr Integrity and our resolve to defend our votes BB will surely carry the day come April 2011.

JustGood:

How and why did Pastor Bakare get entangled with this man?  cry

Because he is a Man of his words
Because he is an achiever
Because he is determined to honestly serve Nigeria and Nigerians
Because his achievements as PTF CEO has never been matched by GEJ/PDP hawks in 12 years
Because he has not been stealing like IBB/OBJ/OGD/GEJ/Atiku/Tinubu/Turaki
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Solomon227(m): 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2011
1money:

@poster excellent analysis,weldone. @bb supporters thank d poster 4 bringing your campaign to d news level. In my area some pple r stil asking who &who r contesting wt Gej 4 president of Nig. Face d reality,election is not won on the internet. I even saw Pastor Chris Okotie's ad on Nta news but never bb. Forget aso rock. As 4 me Gej may not have done wonders and sent us 2 heaven but we r not in hell either so Gej all d way!

You shuld realise Mr Integrity had the opportunities of enriching himself 4 times with Billions but he did not so do not expect US to throw a fanfare like PDP who have been looting the treasury to fund their rallies but Buhari is a trademark money cannot buy and Bakare is a feather to the cap of Mr Integrity.

Like someone has already pointed out to you earlier people are ready to pay to see Buhari in Kaduna where inspite of GEJ bribes they still walked out on me. In the North-East GEJ was welcomed with stones in Nassarawa which is one of supposed PDP strongholds.

Buhari is a name synonymous to poverty alleviation among talakawas. He represents the disciplined society we the so called educated southerners crave for. his track records speak volume of his abilities and he has never wavered as a exemplary leader with a purpose.

We are voting out looters, killers and bombers well represented by GEJ returns. Join us in making a positive change in our fatherland.

[size=20pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Omooba77: 11:36pm On Feb 28, 2011
GEJ will win, the rascals in the west will loose out! It is God that choose GEJ,he didnot force himself to be President God thrusted it at him. Buhari wll not win, God sparing our lives we shall all be witness to it. Many of these people shouting on NL may not ahve even registered, most that did, did it in V/I, Lekki, Ikeja and so on, why they live in Ikorodu, Sango, Alagbado. God has different role for each and everyone, if indeed God sent you. By God's grace I'm not a kindergerteen kid and I have seeing other parts of the world. I know what I'm saying, most of us want quick fix to our problems, forgetting that if the root is not dealt with, we are just building with spittles. God bless GEJ and Nigeria, we shall be free from the shackles of the slave traders. When God sent Moses, most of the Isrealites never saw in him a messiah, but the few that did made it to the land. God bless those who made deregatory statement. Nigeria will never be the same again.Even I'm the only one that will vote for GEJ, he has my vote, God sparing my life and everyone of us.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by damogul: 3:02am On Mar 01, 2011
[b][b]IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW ANY LEADERSHIP IS PERFORMING LOOK THE WAY OF ITS FOLLOWERS[/b][/b]. NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN GROANING, CRYING AND GNASHING THEIR TEETH UNDER GEJ. POVERTY LINE IN NIGERIA HAS BEEN ON THE INCREASE, HUMAN DIGNITY IS STILL UNATTENDED TO, NIGERIANS ARE BEING MOLESTED AND KILLED ABROAD AND EVEN LOCALLY WITHOUT ANYONE RAISING AN EYEBROW BECAUSE WE HAVE A GOVERNMENT OF ME, MYSELF AND I. I AM SHOCKED AT THE REASONING OF THE GEJ SUPPORTERS. HOW CAN A MAN BE DROWNING AND INSTEAD OF CRYING OUT FOR HELP WOULD PRETEND HE LIKES THE WATER? NIGERIANS HOME AND ABROAD PLEASE PLEASE WAKE UP. WAKE UP FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR VERY LIVES, THE LIVES OF YOUR CHILDREN BOTH BORN AND UNBORN. [b]FOR THOSE WHO ARE MOTHERS AND FATHERS WOULD YOU TELL YOUR CHILDREN WHEN ASKED, THAT YOU VOTED FOR GEJ SIMPLY BECAUSE HE WAS POPULAR OR FROM THE SOUTHERN PARTS AND BASED ON THAT, MORTGAGED THEIR FUTURE AND YOURS TO YEARS OF FURTHER TORTURE? [/b]

SPEAKING FOR MYSELF (AN EASTERNER), MY FAMILY, MY NEIGHBOURS AND MY ENTIRE ESTATE HERE IN LAGOS, GEJ WILL NOT GET OUR VOTES. NIGERIANS HAVE BECOME WISER THAN HOW PDP AND THEIR CRONIES THINK WE WERE A FEW YEARS AGO. THE MENTAL CHANGE IN NIGERIANS HAS BEEN A GRADUAL BUT SURE PROCESS. [b]HOW CAN A FATHER FURTHER INVEST IN A CHILD WHO FOR 12 YEARS HAS REPEATEDLY FAILED IN ONE CLASS. FOR 12 YEARS PDP HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A FAILURE IN NIGERIA AND YOU WISH TO FURTHER INVEST YOUR VOTES, TIME AND ENERGY INTO THEM? YES  YOUR VOTE IS AN INVESTMENT. AN INVESTMENT YOU CAN PROFIT FROM OR GO BANKRUPT IN. A WISE INVESTOR NEVER GOES THE WAY OF IMPENDING FAILURE BUT THE WAY OF GUARANTEED SUCCESS ON INVESTMENT.[/b]

[b][b]GEJ AND PDP ARE FAILED INVESTMENTS WHICH PERSONALLY LEAVES ME WITH A BITTER TASTE. MY HEART ACHES WHEN I THINK OF HOW NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN OPPRESSED AND SUPPRESSED BY THIS MONSTER CALLED PDP. A MONSTER WHICH DERIVES ITS STRENGTH FROM EATING ITS OWN CHILDREN. I WATCH THEM CAMPAIGNING ON THE TELEVISION AND MY HEART BLEEDS AT THE WAY A FEW NIGERIANS STILL SUBMIT THEMSELVES TO THEM TO BE FURTHER MANIPULATED. THEIR SLOGAN FOR GEJ IS "FRESH AIR" BUT IRONICALLY THEIR IS NO FRESH AIR IN THE SAME OLD SONG THEY ARE SINGING. IBB IS STILL IN THE CAMP, OBJ, ANENIH, BODE GEORGE,IBORI AND SO ON. BUHARI MAY BE A NORTHERNER BUT I AM PROUD TO IDENTIFY WITH A NORTHERNER WHO HAS IDEALS THEN TO IDENTIFY WITH  SOUTHERNER WHO HAS ALWAYS WISHED ME ILL. IF GEJ HAS DONE WELL AND HE IS PROUD OF HIS WORKS THEN WHY THE AGGRESSIVE CAMPAIGNING? HIS WORKS SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPEAK FOR HIM. MANY NIGERIANS WHO SAY THEY WOULD VOTE FOR GEJ SIMPLY SAY " HE HAS MY VOTE BECAUSE HE IS HUMBLE", OR " HE HAS MY VOTE BECAUSE HE IS POPULAR". WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP AND CRAPPY MINDED PEOPLE.[/b][/b]

[b]AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE WE HAVE CHAINED OURSELVES TO THE BUHARI/BAKARE BANDWAGON AND WE ARE NOT GETTING OFF[/b]. THE TALE OF PDP AND NIGERIA HAS BEEN THE TALE OF A CAPTAIN ABOARD A SINKING SHIP AND THE CAPTAIN IS SHOUTING "EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF". THE FRESH AIR SLOGAN BELONGS TO THE BUHARI/BAKARE CAMP AND NOT GEJ. ON A FINAL NOTE: I STAND NOW TO DECLARE THAT GEJ WILL DEFINITELY NOT WIN THE ELECTION COME APRIL BECAUSE NIGERIANS WHO NEVER VOTED BEFORE BECAUSE THEY WERE FED UP WITH LEADERSHIP IN NIGERIA HAVE NOW BANDED TOGETHER TO TAKE THEIR DESTINY INTO THEIR OWN HANDS. [b]I ENCOURAGE ALL WHO ARE SENSIBLE AND DESIRE A BLESSED FUTURE TO PITCH THEIR TENTS WITH THE BUHARI/BAKARE TEAM. GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, GOD BLESS NAIRALANDERS.[/b]
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Owanigbo(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2011
The BB presidential ticket is likely to be the Nigerian ticket to the Egypt experience. I av been a GEJ person cos i biliv dat our revolution shd be gradual and dat is what GEJ represent, "a face/taste of the new Nigeria we desire and a stint of the old sins". Wit d evolving trend, it is becoming clearer dat wat d pple want is a paradigm change and i tink d pple will do dat wit their vote. D post effect of the annulment of June 12, whose ghost is still hunting the gap-tooth general, the wild civil unrest dat followed are enough indications dat any attempt to steal d pples vote if they choose to vote out GEJ will take us straight to Libya, Tunisia and Egypt. [/color]
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by kachiface(m): 8:55am On Mar 01, 2011
@papabrowne: Kudos, very well analysed.

If the elections turn out to be free and fair, there will be lots of surprises.

Indeed, GEJ has a different air from his pre-decessors. He surely doesn't look or sound like a tyrant, however, is it possible to truly know someone who spends his time trying to create an impression of himself to you? Same goes for Buhari/Bakare; what is the guarantee we have in that pair? or the magazine publisher, Momodu? or Ribadu?

@All: there is a real need for us to be tactical, empirical and very objective in our decisions when we cast our votes, not just following the bandwagon. Africans have always had a major flaw in this regard, we have always been reactive and not proactive; we think to a certain point, then just "men, this thinking stuff is too hard and complex!" so we cop out and  go with the flow, waiting to see results and then to react.

I always ask this: Why him? and Why not him? Any mathematical computation which leaves out or wrongly assumes any factor on the left side will always result in an erratic conclusion on the right side.

So, whichever bunch you choose, why them? what are the guarantees?
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by maclatunji: 9:31am On Mar 01, 2011
All that your analysis na rubbish because without money, BB don beat-up Jonathan on cyberspace. You should know by now that the majority of Buhari supporters wouldn't know Google or Facebook if they saw it. What I see is a brilliant strategy by Team BB. Let GEJ waste is money campaigning across the country first then 3 weeks before the election, concentrate majority of your campaign resources on ensuring that every man, woman, boy and girl knows of your name and what you stand for.

What PAPABROWNE should be writing about is how every vote cast in the April elections will be defended by Nigerians. That is what we really need. Whoever wins a free and fair election in Nigeria will know that he cannot take the people for a ride anymore.

P.S: Jonathan is in Lagos today, watch-out for the mother and father of traffic jams in the city,
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Omooba77: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2011
It is good we all know who to vote for that is the beauty of democracy. Under military regime things are not so. Buhari is not strong will as people thought, it was not an open secret that Idiagbon was the one ruling when he was in power, the coup was successful because Idiagbon was not in the country. Also because the man cannot face opposition he left ANPP to form CPC. I will and resound I will not vote a man that we run away when there is trouble! If Buhari wins it will be too easy to take over the government by the military. So Nigerians, most especially the youth should wise up. GEJ is the only President that holds town hall meeting with people anywhere he goes. I will give GEJ my vote and nothing else. Nigeria needs focused leaders not a militrialised ones. We don't want another military rule. People's human right should be obeyed.God bless Nigeria real good!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Ciromaa: 11:13am On Mar 01, 2011
You have done your analysic and as usual the analist have his personal motion, but we should know that Buhari is not doing a do or die politics if he win fine, if he doesn't he will step aside and keep on looking, is let for Nigerians to decided their future, if we want to continue under ditectors,corrupt leaders is left for us ,but all i know Nigerians has reach a certain level that they can react to any injustice in the land.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by omo9ja1(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
Nice trend, I hope a good person will win, if possible I want to see all these men forming a solid Nigeria Gej,Buhari and Ribadu what about that, but because of selfish interest in the heart of Nigerian leaders it will never happen,in own openion I want PDP to go and have a fresh air, Gej have tried but we need fast and speedy change in Nigeria, we don't want business as usuall politicians to rule ours again.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Omooba77: 12:49pm On Mar 01, 2011
Let Jonathan continue is the only one that can work with others, if he had not given amnesty to Ribadu, will he be talking about being the President, why did he ran away. If GEJ is withch haunting the man will be out.GEJ all the way Kadunna, Benue, Plateau, Kwara, Kogi, Ogun, Lagos, Ondo, Ekiti, Adamawa, Rivers, Cross Rivers, Abuja, Nassarawa, Anambra (Apga), Imo, Enugu, Oyo, Yobe, Bauchi, Gombe,Katsina, Ebonyi,Abia,Taraba&Osun. All this state are home and dry for GEJ. Jigawa too! I will vote for him, God sparing my life!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by DeeJay20: 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2011
omo9ja1:

Nice trend, I hope a good person will win, if possible I want to see all these men forming a solid Nigeria Gej,Buhari and Ribadu what about that, but because of selfish interest in the heart of Nigerian leaders it will never happen,in own openion I want PDP to go and have a fresh air, Gej have tried but we need fast and speedy change in Nigeria, we don't want business as usuall politicians to rule ours again.

If GEJ wins it would be nice for him to extend a olive Branch to Buhari/Bakare
and form a Parnership, a kind of Unity Government, that why Buhari & Bakare get to prove themself in a specific area,
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by agabaI23(m): 12:59pm On Mar 01, 2011
One problem I have with GEJ is romance with all the well known bad guys.
On a second thought I realised that he needs the political structures of these evil guys that still have serious followership to win. IBB has his die hard fans and  Atiku has his own structure and good followership too.
I do think it is wise for him to accommodate them to win and after which he will leave them for dead on the runway.
#Whether he will be able to do that is a matter for another day.
I think he is just being wise. if this assumption is true and he can add some urgency when he gets elected, then he would have done well.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by agabaI23(m): 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2011
DeeJay20:

If GEJ wins it would be nice for him to extend a olive Branch to Buhari/Bakare
and form a Parnership, a kind of Unity Government, that why Buhari & Bakare get to prove themself in a specific area,

That's not necessary, we will need s strong opposition even if there is interparty relationship
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Omooba77: 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2011
All these people saying GEJ will not win, ask them whether they registered or not? God helping me I will vote for GEJ, my friends, family, colleagues and others have agreed to vote for GEJ
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2011
agabaI23:

One problem I have with GEJ is romance with all the well know bad guys.
On a second thought I realised that he needs the political structures of these evil guys but still have serious followership to win. IBB has his die hard fans and  Atiku has his own structure and good followership
I do think it is wise for him to accommodate them to win and after which he will leave them for dead on the runway.
#Whether he will be able to do that is a matter for another.
I think he is just being wise. if this assumption is true and he can add some urgency when he gets elected, the he would have done well.
I honestly don't agree with you. I don't believe the end justifies the mean. The mean, like the end, should be clean. This is why Buhari is perhaps the only politician that has refused to join the corrupt men, all because he wanted to become president. GEJ should have steered clear of - or at least must be seen as such - the IBBs, Objs, Iboris, Alams, Tony Anenihs if he truly  wants to be seen as abhorring corruption.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2011
Omooba77:

Let Jonathan continue is the only one that can work with others, if he had not given amnesty to Ribadu, will he be talking about being the President, why did he ran away. If GEJ is withch haunting the man will be out.GEJ all the way Kaduna, Benue, Plateau, Kwara, Kogi, Ogun, Lagos, Ondo, Ekiti, Adamawa, Rivers, Cross Rivers, Abuja, Nassarawa, Anambra (Apga), Imo, Enugu, Oyo, Yobe, Bauchi, Gombe,Katsina, Ebonyi,Abia,Taraba&Osun. All this state are home and dry for GEJ. Jigawa too! I will vote for him, God sparing my life!

[size=14pt]IF GEJ WINS THE BOLDED, I WILL RESIGN AS NAIRALAND MOD. Quote me.[/size]
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by agabaI23(m): 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2011
Jarus:

I honestly don't agree with you. I don't believe the end justifies the mean. The mean, like the end, should be clean. This is why Buhari is perhaps the only politician that has refused to join the corrupt men, all because he wanted to become president. GEJ should have steered clear of - or at least must be seen as such - the IBBs, Objs, Iboris, Alams, Tony Anenihs if he truly  wants to be seen as abhorring corruption.

That view is not popular but trust me if GEJ was not there, the corrupt people would have gone for another person who they will definitely rig in.

Now tell me, would you be thinking of winning the election if GEJ has not been liberal and has insisted that he is all free and fair election? Trust me you would not have much faith in BB having any impact.

But GEJ set the ball rolling. If he had steered clear like you said, you would not dream of what you dreaming of now.
You do not use force to remove a boil in the scrotal sac.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by agabaI23(m): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2011
Jarus:

[size=14pt]IF GEJ WINS THE BOLDED, I WILL RESIGN AS NAIRALAND MOD. Quote me.[/size]
I cannot say for Katsina, that will be a had nut to crack but for Kaduna, well you cannot rule out SAMBO effect and the southern Kaduna influence.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Omooba77: 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2011
Posted by: agabaI23  
One problem I have with GEJ is romance with all the well know bad guys.
On a second thought I realised that he needs the political structures of these evil guys but still have serious followership to win. IBB has his die hard fans and  Atiku has his own structure and good followership.
I'm listening To Amechi in Rivers state and I'm impressed. God is doing new thing in Nigeria. PDP is busy campaigning and others are just staying in the comfort of their homes, thinking they will win. GEJ carry gooooooooooooooooooooo. America started in 1776 and they have gotten right.Obama was the least man they could have voted in. Thank God will can all ready and post something on the net. Go and check GEJ fb!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2011
As for me and my household.GEJ all the way
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2011
agabaI23:

I cannot say for Katsina, that will be a had nut to crack but for Kaduna, well you cannot rule out SAMBO effect and the southern Kaduna influence.

Sambo my foot. Sambo is seen as a traitor in Kaduna and info I ahve over there has it that he may not even win his ward(in Kaduna).
Southern Kaduna? Yes, I know GEJ will make some impact there, but you know they are less than 35% of Kaduna population, the reason they have not been able to produce elected governor.

I still stand by my vow: If GEJ wins Kaduna, I'll resign as NL mod. I'm serious.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Omooba77: 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2011
Mr Jaurus, thanks for conceeding 24 states to GEJ based on your recent comments. Even in the Bible David knew one of the children of Zeruiah, Joab, was evil and he still left him as the chief of Staff. GEJ is a wise man, young and vibrant, will do Nigerians a lot of good by voting enmass for him. I will want strong opposition to act as check and balance so we will not have loose democracy. Please Jaurus don't resign as moderator of NL you are doing a good job. You have just demonstrated the Nigeria I don't want to be involved spirit!God bless Nigeria and you for a good job well done sir!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by agabaI23(m): 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
Jarus:

Sambo my foot. Sambo is seen as a traitor in Kaduna and info I ahve over there has it that he may not even win his ward(in Kaduna).
Southern Kaduna? Yes, I know GEJ will make some impact there, but you know they are less than 35% of Kaduna population, the reason they have not been able to produce elected governor.

I still stand by my vow: If GEJ wins Kaduna, I'll resign as NL mod. I'm serious.
Well I do not have the information you have however I do know that governors do have a lot of influence in elections.
Lets say they see him as a traitor but they have a governor who was his deputy. Do they also see him as a traitor? What % of Northern Kaduna people see him as a traitor?

Lets say that he wins 30% out of the 35% in the south and 30 % of the remaining 65% in the north still love him, then GEJ will have 60%.
Do not forget that Sambo is still Hausa and moslem, two factors that influence the vote of an average core Northerner.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by 10cirenoh: 3:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
Wether GEJ is spending billions campaigning or not, i am still going to VOTE for BB2011.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by agabaI23(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2011
^ That's why Democracy is good. You a choice! You have a say!
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by akings100: 3:44pm On Mar 01, 2011
GEJ may not win by simple majority thereby giving room for a re-run. This may now open a alliance talk with ACN which may now eliminate GEJ and his PDP. The summary is anything can open. Let us pray for free and credible election.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2011
agabaI23:

Well I do not have the information you have however I do know that governors do have a lot of influence in elections.
Lets say they see him as a traitor but they have a governor who was his deputy. Do they also see him as a traitor? What % of Northern Kaduna people see him as a traitor?

Lets say that he wins 30% out of the 35% in the south and 30 % of the remaining 65% in the north still love him, then GEJ will have 60%.
Do not forget that Sambo is still Hausa and moslem, two factors that influence the vote of an average core Northerner.

I don't like to discuss politics that border on religion and ethnicity.
But it may interest you to know that the grudge of the northern Kaduna people against Sambo is his betraying them to become VP, paving way for a Christian from Kaduna South, to become governor for the first time. So it's not about his being Muslim or Hausa but allowing to happen what they have always guided against. That's their grudge against him. They see him as a betrayer, as a traitor, because of personal desire to become VP, he left the state in teh hnads of a Christian. That's their grudge against him. Like I have been saying, feelers from there have it that Sambo may not win in his Kaduna registration centre(although he can/should win in his native Zaria compound).
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by naso2(m): 4:18pm On Mar 01, 2011
Jarus:

Yeye dey worry you, I think say you go say you go resign your paid Job, wetin concern person if you resign as NL mod afterall your tenure don dey elapse, abi you don apply for tenure elongation ?

On a serious note I agree KATSINA will be almost impossible for GEJ , but Kaduna should not. Yes Buhari has his following there, but remember that YAKOWA and to some extent Sambo's career depend on their ability to deliver KADUNA ,so GEJ should have a good showing there.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by naso2(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2011
akings100:

GEJ may not win by simple majority thereby giving room for a re-run. This may now open a alliance talk with ACN which may now eliminate GEJ and his PDP. The summary is anything can open. Let us pray for free and credible election.

To win the elections GEJ needs to score more votes than other contestants and have at least 25% of the votes in 24 states. So far nothing suggest that GEJ will not meet this requirement in the first run.
Re: 7 Reasons Buhari/bakare Will Lose The Elections Despite Growing Popularity! by agabaI23(m): 4:32pm On Mar 01, 2011
Jarus:

I don't like to discuss politics that border on religion and ethnicity.
But it may interest you to know that the grudge of the northern Kaduna people against Sambo is his betraying them to become VP, paving way for a Christian from Kaduna South, to become governor for the first time. So it's not about his being Muslim or Hausa but allowing to happen what they have always guided against. That's their grudge against him. They see him as a betrayer, as a traitor, because of personal desire to become VP, he left the state in teh hnads of a Christian. That's their grudge against him. Like I have been saying, feelers from there have it that Sambo may not win in his Kaduna registration centre(although he can/should win in his native Zaria compound).
I wish we can discuss politics devoid of ethnicity and religion. I knew about that grudge but being a VP is an advantage to any people and it is celebrated. But if they cannot celebrate his new position because of religion, why will you be shy to bring it in since it is the major factor in this instance. You are jubilating that a state will not vote for a candidate because they were 'betrayed' religiously not due to political reasons. Is that right Jarus? I thought voting would have been based on merit. Now according to you they are going to vote based on religious sentiment which is what you have been against and it still gladdens your heart. . . Right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Badeh’s Wife, Children Removed From Watch-list / APGA Loses All Its Elected National Assembly Legislators To The PDP / Faleke Picks Mohammed Audu As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.