Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380710 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
kykes: Hi people, Pls does anyone have details of any Dr. And hospital in Boston?

Only one that comes to mind now is Holy Family Hospital. I think with an all inclusive package of $4800. You should check them out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2014
Jaejae:

@mimibe, pls could you help with details (including cost pls) of your doctor and hospital you are registered with in Atlanta; as I also intend to have my baby in Atlanta.
Thank you pls

I'm using dr Wilson Oduro, he was mentioned on this thread, just google his name and you can also call them, I will be there today cos I have an appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Na wa o! Una no dey answer person for this place? angry grin

I'm asking if there are any April 2015 mums who plan to use MIHS??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2014
@shawbaby I read your post, am looking for affordable hospital which Mihs is one of them but I couldn't get response when I called them.for me my plan is to travel by November or December. I Would be happy if anyone can help me with direct number to contact them .Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 10:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
Shawbabe: Na wa o! Una no dey answer person for this place? angry grin

I'm asking if there are any April 2015 mums who plan to use MIHS??

Probably because there's no one travelling at that time for now. But hang in there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 11:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
kykes: @Santa2

Dr. Zimmerman is charging me $2600. How did u get the $1600 bill?

@bloggerina

Please can I have a contact number for Dr. Huynh?

Thanks.

Dr Zimmerman charged me $1,600 too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 30, 2014
mimibe:

I'm using dr Wilson Oduro, he was mentioned on this thread, just google his name and you can also call them, I will be there today cos I have an appointment.

Thank you v.much, I'm indeed grateful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 1:38am On Aug 30, 2014
0016023445407 direct number for an appointment at MIHS

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 2:07am On Aug 30, 2014
Lol I'm not asking for their contact details. I've already spoken to them though and they have told me all that has to be done. They said since I'm an April 2015 mum I can pay closer to the date. Like in February or March of next year. Will leave in February with my mum so we can do baby shopping together, then we head off to Phoenix like mid March to start prenatals there.

I was just asking if they will be any mums on here at MIHS during that period? Just so I know I won't be the only naija head then lol. grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 6:11am On Aug 30, 2014
Oluwamabelfunmi: hello everyone. i have bin a silent folower of this thread. thanks for all d updates, views n al. please wud nid your views on d ffg:
i planned using mihs in dec. i have d appointment wit financials only, is it ok to present dat at POE witout dr appointment? .please for dose dat traveld recently with financials only, how did u do it?
then howz POE at phienix like or is NY better?. then which airline is ok if travelling at 35/36weeks witout any stress.
please your swift response wud be highly appreciated. God bless you all

I would advice you to use Delta Airlines, they don't give you stress if you're 35/36wks gone. I was 36+2days when i travelled and all i did was to give them my Doctor's fit-to-fly certificate in Lagos during check-in. All you need is a fit-to-fly report from your Doctor. Please stay away from Qatar Airways if you're 35wks +1day even. Then concerning the POE, i'm not aware of both Phoenix or newyork's cos i came through Atlanta, but i didn't have to show any document because they didn't request for it.
Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 6:20am On Aug 30, 2014
dsaynt:

Actually it doesnt take that long to get the birth cert. Usually an official would come to the hospital and give you the neccessary documents to fill and if u pay for expedited you'd get it in like 8 working days and if not you'd get it in like 15 working days. Passport works the same way, pay for expedited and you'd get it within 2 working days to 8 working days. Next in Naija visa. This would take approximately 2 weeks using an agent. If you are in Atlanta or New York it would be faster.

With expediting everything, within 4 weeks after birth you can be back in Naija

Please can you help me with more details on how to expedite your baby's Birth certificate, Passport and Nigerian Visa.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 30, 2014
debrixxy:
I would advice you to use Delta Airlines, they don't give you stress if you're 35/36wks gone. I was 36+2days when i travelled and all i did was to give them my Doctor's fit-to-fly certificate in Lagos during check-in. All you need is a fit-to-fly report from your Doctor. Please stay away from Qatar Airways if you're 35wks +1day even. Then concerning the POE, i'm not aware of both Phoenix or newyork's cos i came through Atlanta, but i didn't have to show any document because they didn't request for it.
Hope this helps.

Thanks Debrixxy! How was Delta on your return leg? How much did you pay for an infant? How many stopovers did they have?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lipsyred: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2014
Thanks debrixxy.i will be using delta too,intend travelling two weeks time,will be 35weeks then.How was the trip?did u go with foodstuffs? Was ur tummy very big?what were u asked on ur POE?cos I actually didn't disclose going for delivery it was late wen I got d info from dis column but my sis Inlaw will b having her graduation so I told dem that cos d tym is almost same as my delivery will wait afterwards.willin to risk it ,God will c me thru.Let know how urs went.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2014
Ibtisam24: 0016023445407 direct number for an appointment at MIHS

@ibtisam thanks for your help, I called them but the lady told me I need to come and pick the maternity package plan after that it will take 2or 3weeks to make an appointment. I want to know are using mihs , what are the steps you take to make appointments. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2014
Hello everyone, I am new here but found out I am not new to nairaland shocked. I actually became a member in 2007! I completely forgot and see my profile name sef undecided. Pls how do I even change dat.

Let me go straight to d point. I have read dis thread from page 1 to 109 and find it quite informative, and I have a book where I took down valid points. So now I know where I wanna go, how much to spend, wat to do and so on. But here is the tin (pls be patient) I have so much to ask but I'll try to ask in bits

So I do not have a visa and no travel history, I am married with two lovely angels. I am not even pregnant. We plan to have anoda baby and plan to make it happen btw Oct and Nov, I mean get pregnant (o yes God decides wen but He gave us wisdom to plan wink ). We want to all get a visa cos we want to go on vac with my kids den ultimately give birth to number 3 in the us. Vac dis year den birthing next.

So pls how do we make dis happen?
Wat advice can u give for us to be successful at the interview? I have not even filled the form. Just being as proactive as phema
The main aim is to birth in d us when d time comes, vacation is to 'clock' in d visa as earlier advised by the gurus on dis forum
Mamas dat got a visa while preggy how many years visa did u get?

Let me stop here for now.
Pls uchetobi, babababy, phema, vivianobas, mrsbee and all d guru (can't remember all d names) come to my aid. I need all d advice I can get. Don't tell me to read the thread cos I have already done dat! I am looking for a more personalized answer for my situation and those in my shoes.
Waiting!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
toitoi:

@ibtisam thanks for your help, I called them but the lady told me I need to come and pick the maternity package plan after that it will take 2or 3weeks to make an appointment. I want to know are using mihs , what are the steps you take to make appointments. Thanks

When you get there and u are thru with financials you can then go and ask for ur appointment to be fixed for earlier than 2wks and hopefully if you are graced u might get an appointment in 4 or 5 days. I'll be there on the third of November. When are u planning to come. And have u got ur appointment with financials yet

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
aykanbi:

When you get there and u are thru with financials you can then go and ask for ur appointment to be fixed for earlier than 2wks and hopefully if you are graced u might get an appointment in 4 or 5 days. I'll be there on the third of November. When are u planning to come. And have u got ur appointment with financials yet

@aykanbi thanks for your response , I haven't make my appointment with financial, please I would like to get more information from you because your date of arrival its the same time with mine .we can hook up if you dont mind .we can discuss better on toytoy497atgmail.com, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TK2014: 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
Varvara:

How long it was between your interview and those tuesday?

Almost a month 1st interview was on july 15 while we were called on August 13. However there was 2 days public holiday in july
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
Phema:

Thanks Debrixxy! How was Delta on your return leg? How much did you pay for an infant? How many stopovers did they have?

I just had my baby last week, i've not returned yet but i did call them even before i gave birth and i was abt $300 i think
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
debrixxy:

I just had my baby last week, i've not returned yet but i did call them even before i gave birth and i was abt $300 i think

@debrixxy congratulations , am so happy for you. How are you and baby doing? Please which hospital did you use and what is the total cost.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lipsyred: Thanks debrixxy.i will be using delta too,intend travelling two weeks time,will be 35weeks then.How was the trip?did u go with foodstuffs? Was ur tummy very big?what were u asked on ur POE?cos I actually didn't disclose going for delivery it was late wen I got d info from dis column but my sis Inlaw will b having her graduation so I told dem that cos d tym is almost same as my delivery will wait afterwards.willin to risk it ,God will c me thru.Let know how urs went.Thanks

The flight was okay for me, no stress whatsoever; i just watched movies until like 2am and slept until about an hour b4 touch-down(using the restroom wen i had to). I'll advice you select an aisle seat for more convenience. I didn't go with any foodstuff but my mum came with some 3wks after and they didn't give her any stress. My stomach wasn't very big, but i declared my intentions right from my visa Interview. Why didn't you declare your intentions? In my opinion, that's the best thing to do. At the POE(ATL) i was asked my purpose, duration, how much i had with me, final destination and address, and was stamped in for 6months. My mum said they didn't even check her food stuff or asked her any questions, they just stamped her in with no date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debrixxy: 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
toitoi:

@debrixxy congratulations , am so happy for you. How are you and baby doing? Please which hospital did you use and what is the total cost.

I didn't use a hospital, i used a birthing center.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
debrixxy:

Oh, I thought you used MIHS. How much did the birthing centre charge you and where is it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
debrixxy:

Are u in Atlanta?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hello house...
Please does any1 know how i can edit info on my ds 160 app? I av submitted n scheduled an appointment already . I tried retrievin it from d site but i wasnt getin it. Will i need to fill anoda application? How will i reconcile d new application wit my appointment. I intend using d visa for birthing purpose so instead of selecting medical tourist i selected business touist. Please how do i go about dis?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by musspuss: 10:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
hollabeesy2014: Hello house...
Please does any1 know how i can edit info on my ds 160 app? I av submitted n scheduled an appointment already . I tried retrievin it from d site but i wasnt getin it. Will i need to fill anoda application? How will i reconcile d new application wit my appointment. I intend using d visa for birthing purpose so instead of selecting medical tourist i selected business touist. Please how do i go about dis?

I also had a similar problem but a different error and needed to edit my form after booking appointment twice. I already asked LagosNiv by email and they responded that I refil a new form and print it out then take it along with the confirmation letter for the interview. You will need to explain why to the interviewing officer. That was the response from them but I think if you haven't exhausted your appointment schedule times, you can refil and get a new confirmation with the new bar code number. Goodluck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=musspuss]

I also had a similar /quote]
thanks a lot musspuss... will do just that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adriannajones: 2:54am On Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys. Been a silent follower of this thread for a while now. I have gotten so much info it's overwhelming. Thank you everyone. I am now ready for my visa interview in mid September, wish me luck guys. Plus are there any February 2015 mamas around? I'd like to travel to El Paso by end of December and I'll be staying at intown. Would really want to have some company when I get there. Pls get at me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 2:54am On Aug 31, 2014
@toitoi your welcome dear, I am use MIHS and first thing u meet financial agent then you get an appointment within a week that what happend with and mt friend. I tried to book an appointment for 2 moms from nairaland I could nor even I fight with them caz I told them not fear they come from nija and pay hotels only waiting for an appointment !!! And should be physically.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2014
Adriannajones: Hi guys. Been a silent follower of this thread for a while now. I have gotten so much info it's overwhelming. Thank you everyone. I am now ready for my visa interview in mid September, wish me luck guys. Plus are there any February 2015 mamas around? I'd like to travel to El Paso by end of December and I'll be staying at intown. Would really want to have some company when I get there. Pls get at me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 10:11am On Aug 31, 2014
Ibtisam24: @toitoi your welcome dear, I am use MIHS and first thing u meet financial agent then you get an appointment within a week that what happend with and mt friend. I tried to book an appointment for 2 moms from nairaland I could nor even I fight with them caz I told them not fear they come from nija and pay hotels only waiting for an appointment !!! And should be physically.

@ibtisam thanks for your response. Is there any letter they can send to us, the, problem now is point of entry incase they ask for it.i would like to know about accommodation and the price.wish you safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gigi240: 10:21am On Aug 31, 2014
[quote author=Adriannajones]Hi guys. Been a silent follower of this thread for a while now. I have gotten so much info it's overwhelming. Thank you everyone. I am now ready for my visa interview in mid September, wish me luck guys. Plus are there any February 2015 mamas around? I'd like to travel to El Paso by end of December and I'll be staying at intown. Would really want to have some company when I get there. Pls get at me.[/quote

I'm planning to go in January.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.