Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,363 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:33 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1403072 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 11:15am On Sep 01, 2014
debrixxy:

Please can you help me with more details on how to expedite your baby's Birth certificate, Passport and Nigerian Visa.

Thanks

Well to expidite the baby's birth certificate all you need to do is tell the county clerk that comes to take the baby's details at birth that you wanted it expidited and she/he would tell u how much to pay for that service.

For the passport, you have to show proof that you require the passport urgently as you are applying for a visa with it and also show that you are travellimg soon. The time varies from state to state. I know that in LA you can get it with 48 hours (at the LA county office). Show evidence of travelling soon and visa being needed and then you pay. You can google and check for the State you are in then call them cos sometimes the details (in respect of timing) are not up to date.

The Nigerian Visa one would have to be through an agent. Unfortunately I've lost the number (I got it here a while back...hope its not amongst the missing pages).
Abeg if anyone in the house has it pls share o! @Justwise....hope that wouldn't be a violation cos this one no dey google o! Lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Phema:

Thanks Debrixxy! How was Delta on your return leg? How much did you pay for an infant? How many stopovers did they have?

Infant fare is usually 10% of the fare that the mum paid. I believe its standard across all airlines
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 01, 2014
dsaynt:
Infant fare is usually 10% of the fare that the mum paid. I believe its standard across all airlines

Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kingsdaughter: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
sayoberry:
yes o phema.. carrying twins. grin
phema phema. congrats to you too. how is your little one? when are u el-paso bound? I'm contacting doctoresparati next month and will apply by December. shake my hand so the vo will gimme visa without checking any document. grin

WoW Sayoberry Twins!!! Thank God for answered prayers wishing you a healthy and bouncing 9 months. Abeg nor fear Visa Granted already grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
@pattyreal: Now you know the kind of friends you have. My wife was given visa in July and then she was 5months gone. She was proud to show the VO her pregnancy, and she got her visa and will be off to elpaso this month. Please don't lie on the baby. If you are going to give birth, tell them. Just be truthful, and think that is the watchword on this platform

Gather all your documents and pray for favour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
@aykanbi. I will counsel that you focus on the main goal of travelling to US to have a baby. You can travel to other places if you want your passport to be stamped, and then get ready for the US visa to give birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
aykanbi:

Why don't you focus on your main goal which is to go have a baby because incredible as it sounds, one of the easiest visas to get is the medical tourism one. I don't have any experience with the vacation thingy. Hope someone else on here can help

Thanks for d response @ aykanbi. I deeply appreciate the advise. We are already in d process of getting the visa, we want a situation where they come to meet me after I deliver (hoping that everything falls into place) den we all return. Tnx for the info I will explore all avenues as events turn out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nfarayolayahoo: 1:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
hello everyone, please i want to be certain about this:here is the concern,(i and my hubby was denied US VISA last month at the US Embassy and we reapplied for another interview which is coming up this month and My concern is if we can still use d same 5cm x 5cm photograph-like passport for this next interview or we need to snap another?? Thanks.

Looking forward to hear your quick response.

Thank you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
nfarayolayahoo: hello everyone, please i want to be certain about this:here is the concern,(i and my hubby was denied US VISA last month at the US Embassy and we reapplied for another interview which is coming up this month and My concern is if we can still use d same 5cm x 5cm photograph-like passport for this next interview or we need to snap another?? Thanks.
Looking forward to hear your quick response.
Thank you all.

Did the VO tell you he was denying you cos of your passport? If no, then that should be the least of your concerns.

Use same passport.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hi Aykanbi,

How do you do?

Please did u get a signed maternity package plan from MIHS?

aykanbi:

When you get there and u are thru with financials you can then go and ask for ur appointment to be fixed for earlier than 2wks and hopefully if you are graced u might get an appointment in 4 or 5 days. I'll be there on the third of November. When are u planning to come. And have u got ur appointment with financials yet
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 3:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
MrsDGN:

I forgot to ask please. What are your plans for accommodation? Living with someone or renting? If renting please can I have contacts for decently priced and located short term rentals. Say like 3 months.

I haven't really looked because I still have more than 6 months to go. But it will probably be the ones recommended here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Queenetha: Hi Aykanbi,

How do you do?

Please did u get a signed maternity package plan from MIHS?

Nope, it's on their website tho. I really don't need that because I have my visa already and all d documents for Poe. I just got email confirmation for appointment with financials
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 5:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
GenoMI: Hello House,

Please does anyone have information on reasonably priced accommodation in Atlanta? I plan to use Gwinnett Medical Centre in Lawrenceville so looking for something not too far from the hospital. Thank you.

Hello, I was planning to have my baby in gwinnett medical centre. There's a girl in Atlanta that has a house, accommodates mothers to be for a fee of $2000 monthly. She will also drive you to the hospital for doctor's appointments, grocery store etc. if the price is good for you, you can drop your email address and I can forward you her details.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 5:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
bomly: Any mom presently in Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - West
4861 W. McDowell Rd.

Looking to leave for Phoenix tomorrow. I got the extended stay but the price was a bit higher after Nov 1st
Hi, how much is it per month? I need an idea as I will be going to Phoenix and considering the cross land economy studio. When I checked online, it was $30 per night. Is it the same price you are paying?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Soso15:

Hello, I was planning to have my baby in gwinnett medical centre. There's a girl in Atlanta that has a house, accommodates mothers to be for a fee of $2000 monthly. She will also drive you to the hospital for doctor's appointments, grocery store etc. if the price is good for you, you can drop your email address and I can forward you her details.

Hi @Soso15, thanks for your response. I will send you a private message so that you can have my email address. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
Soso15:

Aside all you mentioned, what other things does she do for the mum n new born baby?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
@ Pattyreal and Soso15 am also due in March 2015 and am using MIHS. I have gotten my appointment wit financials but still gathering info for d Visa. I pray I get d visa. But am still searching for accommodation thou looking at Palm shadows. Pls anyone wit idea on Palm shadows apartments or any other good accommodation in Phoenix apart from Crossland. Pls waiting for accommodation in Phoenix from anyone willing to share. Tanx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 6:57pm On Sep 01, 2014
Good day all. I am very happy for a forum like this with so many first hand information. I should have dropped this message but i could not remember my password, thats sorted now.
I and my family arrived US through JFK two weeks ago and it was smooth & stress-free. The CPB only ask what we came to the States for, to have our baby we replied. Then he asked further any doctors appiontement, we presented the letter of responsibility from doctoresparati. He went through it and stamped us all 6months. No money declared, no secondary inspection, i could not believe my eyes - then i started glorifying God for His mercies and favour.

Like so many have said in this forum, be honest, it pays.

Thanks all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 7:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
Babe16: @ Pattyreal and Soso15 am also due in March 2015 and am using MIHS. I have gotten my appointment wit financials but still gathering info for d Visa. I pray I get d visa. But am still searching for accommodation thou looking at Palm shadows. Pls anyone wit idea on Palm shadows apartments or any other good accommodation in Phoenix apart from Crossland. Pls waiting for accommodation in Phoenix from anyone willing to share. Tanx.
Yay another March 2015 mom. Congratulations dear. Please apply soon. So we can start making plans. I wish you and pattyreal get your visas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
Amen @ Soso15. Pls have u made any arrangement for accommodation. Am trying to get accommodation reservation so dat I can also use it to apply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
Babe16: Amen @ Soso15. Pls have u made any arrangement for accommodation. Am trying to get accommodation reservation so dat I can also use it to apply.

please soso15, how did you get your appointment with financials @ MIHS. been tryn to reach out to dem but no one is responding.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
mimibe:

Aside all you mentioned, what other things does she do for the mum n new born baby?
She helps you get a doctor, a letter from the doctor for embassy runs if you don't have a visa yet(at a fee) she helps you with getting the babies documents, and takes you baby shopping. Basically she's your buddy for your whole duration at hers. A friend gave me her number, I called her, and she sent me an email with all the details. In her package there's also a discount of 40% if you pay your medical bills within 30days. So that takes your birth to 2,600 without epidural, 4,000 with epidural and about 8k for cs. If you don't pay within the 30 days, I think it's 4,000, 6,500 and 10k respectively. I don't think tests are inclusive in the bill. If I remember clearly tests are about 2,600, I think inclusive of sonograms. It's be best to contact her if you've made up your mind on gywnette medical centre.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Babe16: Amen @ Soso15. Pls have u made any arrangement for accommodation. Am trying to get accommodation reservation so dat I can also use it to apply.
No I've not made reservations I just checked online, I found 3 places, but I'm not sure of how safe the are of the one I really like is. So I may go with the extended stay one that a few ppl have recommended here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
pattyreal:

please soso15, how did you get your appointment with financials @ MIHS. been tryn to reach out to dem but no one is responding.
I've not gotten my appointment at mihs yet. I'm still yet to decide. It's dependent on if I know a few ppl going there. My husband wants to me to stay in maryland since that's where my sister and mom live but it's such an expensive state
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
Please, I need help on how to cargo my stuff (air freight) from phoenix. I need contact ASAP, as I'm almost due to return to naija. Abeg help o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 12:09am On Sep 02, 2014
Anyone at cross land who can help out? Please it's really urgent and important for me to send this things on or before Friday. Please help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 02, 2014
Soso15:
She helps you get a doctor, a letter from the doctor for embassy runs if you don't have a visa yet(at a fee) she helps you with getting the babies documents, and takes you baby shopping. Basically she's your buddy for your whole duration at hers. A friend gave me her number, I called her, and she sent me an email with all the details. In her package there's also a discount of 40% if you pay your medical bills within 30days. So that takes your birth to 2,600 without epidural, 4,000 with epidural and about 8k for cs. If you don't pay within the 30 days, I think it's 4,000, 6,500 and 10k respectively. I don't think tests are inclusive in the bill. If I remember clearly tests are about 2,600, I think inclusive of sonograms. It's be best to contact her if you've made up your mind on gywnette medical centre.

Thanks, does she help with someone that bathe the new born! Cos that's what I need.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Blesyn83: 4:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Phema:

Thanks dear.

I was hoping to hear from you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 02, 2014
Blesyn83:
I was hoping to hear from you

Shooting you a mail right now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (402)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.