Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381049 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 2:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
oyinkay123:

i got same email too. my sister that lives in lawrenceville saw Dr Soyoola and he said $1800 wink how did you reach the doctors?

Ahhh. I got his phone number from my friend who used him and that was how I called. Hmm that means I should request for discount o LOL. I guess you don't have to stress about accommodation since you have a sister there. I am still carrying out my research on that trying to find a cost effective option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=ajoke01]Hello All,

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has provided information on this thread.

A friend gave me info about this thread in August and I am addicted. I used all the information i
[/quote

Congrats @ ajoke01.... Could u pls share excerpts from d interview so we can learn from it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
I sent you a private e-mail via nairaland, please check your email inbox so we can talk further. Maybe your sis can give advice through you on how to negotiate Dr Soyoola's costs grin grin grin grin grin

oyinkay123:

i got same email too. my sister that lives in lawrenceville saw Dr Soyoola and he said $1800 wink how did you reach the doctors?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
GenoMI: I sent you a private e-mail via nairaland, please check your email inbox so we can talk further. Maybe your sis can give advice through you on how to negotiate Dr Soyoola's costs grin grin grin grin grin

i got notification that i have an email from you, cant see any email. i'm new here grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ok I have just sent you a response, you should get that in your inbox also and you can just click reply grin

oyinkay123:

i got notification that i have an email from you, cant see any email. i'm new here grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by salt2: 3:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
Great friends in the house I need your advise. I will be due in Jan 2015 buh trying to complete my DS160. I hear it is best one attends the interview with one's husband when ure going to give birth. My husband is a B1 holder and his visa expires in June 2015. I have no US visa. Should we both apply for B2 visas even with his 10 months validity on his B1 visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
GenoMI: Hi @ogonnan, @mimibe please are you staying with family or in rented accommodation? If rented accommodation can you kindly share the details including cost? Thank you very much.

Rented apartment, I really don't know how much my hubby paid, but I think it quite expensive, so I'm not the right person to make enquiry for accomodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hi guys. Pls how do we get flights from Nigeria to Phoenix? I Can't find anything direct. I'm thinking of stopping in New York, then connecting to Phoenix. Pls help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
salt2: Great friends in the house I need your advise. I will be due in Jan 2015 buh trying to complete my DS160. I hear it is best one attends the interview with one's husband when ure going to give birth. My husband is a B1 holder and his visa expires in June 2015. I have no US visa. Should we both apply for B2 visas even with his 10 months validity on his B1 visa?

I didnt apply with my husband cos he has a valid visa, I just indicated that he is travelling with me. I went there with my 2yrs old son and I didn't spend up to 2mins.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
jeanny: Hello good people. Pls any mom's in Elpaso already- intown precisely? Ella77 sent u several private mails. Do respond. Nifetitiram, i would love the company too, shd b leaving by 2nd week of sept. Plss yet to get responses on documents to travel wit for baby's papers.

Hi Jeanny, sorry got notifications but couldnt find d mails u sent. No worries there are many of us in intown suites.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
nefertitiram:

@babe16 you can try intown suites in phoenix. Palm shadows, siesta palms and twin palms will not send you a reservation until you appear in person, so it may not favour you for visa interview.

As for MIHS letter, I waited for my physical mail forever, till I was able to reach an Alba who sent me an email in 5 mins! So if you call, please ask for Alba Cahans. She is very efficient.

Thanks Nef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by meine: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
Please can someone advice me on this issue

I made some errors in filling the DS 160 form for my wife and myself is there a way i can retrieve our forms or correct the form after submitting? Do i need to book another appointment? Kindly advise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by meine: 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
ajoke01: Hello All,

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has provided information on this thread.
A friend gave me info about this thread in August and I am addicted. I used all the information i got here to apply for my Visa and I got the Visa. I applied for a B2, and the reason I gave the VO is that I am travelling to have my baby, i was almost 6months preggars. The interview was less than 5mins. It pays to be honest. Pray and prepare! I wish all planning for the interview success.

Where did you have your interview and can you give details of the questions you were asked? thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
Soso15:
Yes you should apply soon too, because you will need to travel by December. All the best

I planned to travel later like when I'm 35 weeks.please MiHS mamas would I be accepted by my 35th week. I want to maximise my maternity leave fully.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
meine:

Please can someone advice me on this issue

I made some errors in filling the DS 160 e.

@ meine
to the best of my knowledge u can't retrieve d old forms but u can fill new forms n change ur ds 160 no in ur appointment page. Den go for interview with d new confirmation page. U will need to explain dis to d vo if d question comes up of which i dont think it will.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
Freshface: Hi guys. Pls how do we get flights from Nigeria to Phoenix? I Can't find anything direct. I'm thinking of stopping in New York, then connecting to Phoenix. Pls help.

Nne, no direct flight from Lagos to Phoenix, but use popular agent websites like wakanow and travelstart.com.ng to get flights going that way.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
nefertitiram:

@babe16 you can try intown suites in phoenix. Palm shadows, siesta palms and twin palms will not send you a reservation until you appear in person, so it may not favour you for visa interview.

As for MIHS letter, I waited for my physical mail forever, till I was able to reach an Alba who sent me an email in 5 mins! So if you call, please ask for Alba Cahans. She is very efficient.

I just calles MiHs and spoke to a Suzy. She insisted on no mail even when I asked for an email and she requested to know the particular date I would be arriving. Is that how it goes?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
@freshface. Get a flight first to NY and then Phoenix. There will be a connecting flight as no direct flight to phoenix
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
Thanks Neferititiram et Lizcom. Will do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lekiks: 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
Freshface: Hi guys. Pls how do we get flights from Nigeria to Phoenix? I Can't find anything direct. I'm thinking of stopping in New York, then connecting to Phoenix. Pls help.

I flew direct to phoenix on delta. Poe was atlanta. U can check wakanow to book..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
lekiks:
I flew direct to phoenix on delta. Poe was atlanta. U can check wakanow to book..

Trying to make a choice between BA and Delta to Phx.

What's the wait time in Atlanta to and from Phx? How much was it? Did you book with an agent or directly from the airline?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hello fam. Pls do they allow hand bag and car keys into the embassy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pitykitten: 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
salt2: Great friends in the house I need your advise. I will be due in Jan 2015 buh trying to complete my DS160. I hear it is best one attends the interview with one's husband when ure going to give birth. My husband is a B1 holder and his visa expires in June 2015. I have no US visa. Should we both apply for B2 visas even with his 10 months validity on his B1 visa?

He can if he wants to. A friend of mine had a valid visa and he still went with his wife for hers. Can't remember the reason he said he gave the VO sha. Personally, I don't think you have to. You can just indicate that he will be travelling with you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
IyawoToBe: Hello fam. Pls do they allow hand bag and car keys into the embassy?

Yes. But they will help you keep all metal objects in a safe box just before you are let in for the interview. They will give them right back to you when you're done.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 9:55pm On Sep 03, 2014
Phema:

Yes. But they will help you keep all metal objects in a safe box just before you are let in for the interview. They will give them right back to you when you're done.
ok love. Bren meaning to ask you on bb but my subscription is off atm. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adriannajones: 9:56pm On Sep 03, 2014
sayoberry:

would be coming in early January. like the first week by Gods Grace

yaay ill be waiting to meet u by Gods grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adriannajones: 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
malory84:

I am due around February. Also traveling by end of December. Will be nice if we hook up. I am elpaso bound.

yaay. we should hookup. email me on e.shola@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adriannajones: 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
[quote author=Gigi240][/quote]

yay we should hookup
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lekiks: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
Phema:

Trying to make a choice between BA and Delta to Phx.

What's the wait time in Atlanta to and from Phx? How much was it? Did you book with an agent or directly from the airline?

@phema, had similar considerations....

Here are more factors to consider
Poe: for BA , its heathrow, for delta its atlanta..none is so problematic
Infant ticket:delta may require return ticket 4 ur infant since he is a citizen except he has a naija passport
Wait times: from what i saw , the wait time at heathrow is too long .just had to wait a little at atlanta

I booked delta at wakanow, dnt tink it can be booked directly on their website.prices varies..was tracking the thing like a forex guru..hope this helps
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 04, 2014
lekiks:
@phema, had similar considerations....

Here are more factors to consider
Poe: for BA , its heathrow, for delta its atlanta..none is so problematic
Infant ticket:delta may require return ticket 4 ur infant since he is a citizen except he has a naija passport
Wait times: from what i saw , the wait time at heathrow is too long .just had to wait a little at atlanta

I booked delta at wakanow, dnt tink it can be booked directly on their website.prices varies..was tracking the thing like a forex guru..hope this helps

Thanks alot Lekiks! I'm grateful.

I thought POE for BA is Phoenix and that it only has a stopover at Heathrow?

Do you know BA's infant ticket policy? Will it also be return ticket?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lekiks: 12:28am On Sep 04, 2014
Phema:

Thanks alot Lekiks! ?

I dnt tink so, since they are natively british. But for what av seen the diff btw one way and return isnt much.
Anyone in the house that has flown BA with an infant can help confirm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 3:18am On Sep 04, 2014
GenoMI: Ok I have just sent you a response, you should get that in your inbox also and you can just click reply grin

ah ah these chicks... y una dey do 2 aside conversation na? please what's the scoop on this Dr Soyoola... if he is cheaper and there are good things said about him, i can port too na...
I think the $2150 for Oduro is already the discounted price. unless there is any further negotiation you can do when he sees your face. @mimibe, as the only one who is there now, can you confirm if Dr. Oduro is open to further nego?
@Genomi- i'm going to be staying with family, so can't help with the accommodation question, pele....

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.