Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380691 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 2:47am On Sep 03, 2014
mimibe:

Im using Gwinnett, been in Atlanta for 2weeks now. I'm due in 2 weeks, seen dr Oduro twice.
Hiya @mimibe... i'm also heading to Atlanta next week. will be using Gwinnett and have an appointment to see Dr Oduro. What's the guy like? does he seem like a good doctor (make i no whether to port before i get there). also, have you gone to the hospital yet (i.e. gwinett?) do you have to do any sort of registration there before going to have the baby?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:15am On Sep 03, 2014
ogonnan:
Hiya @mimibe... i'm also heading to Atlanta next week. will be using Gwinnett and have an appointment to see Dr Oduro. What's the guy like? does he seem like a good doctor (make i no whether to port before i get there). also, have you gone to the hospital yet (i.e. gwinett?) do you have to do any sort of registration there before going to have the baby?

Well he seem like a good one, he seem to have a lot of clients from Africa, i haven't been to the hospital yet but d doctor's office is just by d hospital, all they told me in Oduro office was that if im in labour I could just go to labour n delivery unit and give them my doctors name and my name should be on his list of patients.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 5:38am On Sep 03, 2014
mimibe:

Well he seem like a good one, he seem to have a lot of clients from Africa, i haven't been to the hospital yet but d doctor's office is just by d hospital, all they told me in Oduro office was that if im in labour I could just go to labour n delivery unit and give them my doctors name and my name should be on his list of patients.

aah... good to know!! thank you....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:42am On Sep 03, 2014
ogonnan:

aah... good to know!! thank you....

I guess u r flying with delta airline! Cos Arik turned me down at 31weeks with doctor's fit to fly.

Delta didn't even ask for any letter! I just went thru easily
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 7:08am On Sep 03, 2014
Varvara:

I applied in third country

1.Marriage certificate
2.Crossland reservartion
3. Mail conversation with nanny (social tie)
4.Paper from my job about maternity leave and salary
5. My husband's bank statemnet
6. Letter from MIHS financial
7. Confirmation from Woman Clinic by mail about my appointment in MIHS
8. Rent house contract in Kuala Lumpur (financial tie)
9. Previous passports
10. Photos with my husband
11. MIHS maternity package
12.Spreadsheet
13. Husband's paper from his job
14. Husband's payslips from last three months
15. Rating MIHS in comparing with another hospitals
16. Weather in Phoenix (why I'm choosing that state smiley)

sorry that I give that list without logical sequence

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2014
mimibe:

I guess u r flying with delta airline! Cos Arik turned me down at 31weeks with doctor's fit to fly.

Delta didn't even ask for any letter! I just went thru easily

yea delta. didn't bother checking any other airline.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2014
Hi @mimibe, @ogonnan, Great to know you are already there. In terms of accommodation, are you staying in a hotel? I won't be in Atlanta till December by God's Grace.

I was also thinking of using Dr. Oduro and I was told that he's good by someone who used him recently, but that she didn't feel like his service was 'personalised' enough after comparing notes with other mums. Oh well, I guess as long as he knows his work. How much is he charging?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by meine: 9:09am On Sep 03, 2014
Good morning guys, thanks for the good job you are doing. Please i need your advice for my upcoming interview, i made some errors in filling the DS 160 form for my wife and myself is there a way i can retrieve our forms after submitting? Do i need to book another appointment? Kindly advise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogonnan: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2014
GenoMI: Hi @mimibe, @ogonnan, Great to know you are already there. In terms of accommodation, are you staying in a hotel? I won't be in Atlanta till December by God's Grace.
I was also thinking of using Dr. Oduro and I was told that he's good by someone who used him recently, but that she didn't feel like his service was 'personalised' enough after comparing notes with other mums. Oh well, I guess as long as he knows his work. How much is he charging?

Hallos... he charges $2000 for vaginal i believe but that is if you pay by your first visit (abi @mimibe?). did your friend tell you which part of his services she was impressed with? and what she thought was impersonal about him?

if she didnt feel there was anything wrong while she was there (and was only after comparing), then might still be okay. my doctor now is quite impersonal, so that won't be a deal breaker for me, as long as Oduro is willing to listen, sympathetic and is good at his work (and not a complete meanie), i dont really need him to be my best friend smiley. my own 2 cents sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 10:15am On Sep 03, 2014
Varvara:

Oh really? I have reservation in Crossland too. I did reservation through internet, so I didn't get discount undecided
So hope that I can ask it directly there.

In what date will you come there?

My reservation is from the 16th of September, but may arrive on the 15th of September.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:30am On Sep 03, 2014
Soso15:

@pattyreal I'm quite excited to find a march 2015 mom here. Please try and get your visa ASAP. As at last week when I checked for someone, there were available visa application dates in September. All the best with your application

I am due at the end of February 2015 and I'm seriously considering MIHS but I haven't applied for visa too. Seems I should apply now make September visa date no pass me by.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:53am On Sep 03, 2014
Babe16: @ Pattyreal and Soso15 am also due in March 2015 and am using MIHS. I have gotten my appointment wit financials but still gathering info for d Visa. I pray I get d visa. But am still searching for accommodation thou looking at Palm shadows. Pls anyone wit idea on Palm shadows apartments or any other good accommodation in Phoenix apart from Crossland. Pls waiting for accommodation in Phoenix from anyone willing to share. Tanx.

Hi Babe. Did you have to call MIHS to get the appointment with financials or u emailed. Then were u sent a phusicall or email copy because I remember some mamas saying you have to get a physical copy for the visa interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
El-Paso mamas this september, please send me a private message, I have a friend el paso bound and she doesnt want to be lonely, because I am phoenix bound. Will love to connect her with you all.

Gracias!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
raii:

Hi Babe. Did you have to call MIHS to get the appointment with financials or u emailed. Then were u sent a phusicall or email copy because I remember some mamas saying you have to get a physical copy for the visa interview

@babe16 you can try intown suites in phoenix. Palm shadows, siesta palms and twin palms will not send you a reservation until you appear in person, so it may not favour you for visa interview.

As for MIHS letter, I waited for my physical mail forever, till I was able to reach an Alba who sent me an email in 5 mins! So if you call, please ask for Alba Cahans. She is very efficient.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ajoke01: 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hello All,

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who has provided information on this thread.

A friend gave me info about this thread in August and I am addicted. I used all the information i got here to apply for my Visa and I got the Visa. I applied for a B2, and the reason I gave the VO is that I am travelling to have my baby, i was almost 6months preggars. The interview was less than 5mins. It pays to be honest. Pray and prepare! I wish all planning for the interview success.

I plan to travel to Atlanta in a couple of weeks with Delta Airline and plan to use Northside Hospital. All the Atlanta mommas, is there anyone planning to use Northside hospital? I also need to decide on the OBGyn.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2014
GenoMI: Hi @mimibe, @ogonnan, Great to know you are already there. In terms of accommodation, are you staying in a hotel? I won't be in Atlanta till December by God's Grace.

His charge is 2150
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Monmon81: 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
Girls , I am planning to do my pregnancy in Houston ? Need recommendation for apartment or hotel with good prices and clean.
and if someone have recommendation for hospital , dr will be great .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
ogonnan:

Hallos... he charges $2000 for vaginal i believe but that is if you pay by your first visit (abi @mimibe?). did your friend tell you which part of his services she was impressed with? and what she thought was impersonal about him?

if she didnt feel there was anything wrong while she was there (and was only after comparing), then might still be okay. my doctor now is quite impersonal, so that won't be a deal breaker for me, as long as Oduro is willing to listen, sympathetic and is good at his work (and not a complete meanie), i dont really need him to be my best friend smiley. my own 2 cents sha.

Well I haven't seen that side of him though. He tries his best to be sure one is okay, d last time I was there he had like 6 or so preggies waiting to see him. He listens n ask a lot of questions. Since one didn't start prenatal care with him. I think he is okay

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
HELLO ALL, PLEASE HAS ANYONE HERE USED GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER? WHICH OBGYN DID YOU USE AND HOW MUCH DID IT COST? ALSO, AFTER PAYING HOSPITAL FEE, DOCTORS FEE, WILL I NEED TO GET A PAEDIATRICIAN? THANKS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
mimibe:

Im using Gwinnett, been in Atlanta for 2weeks now. I'm due in 2 weeks, seen dr Oduro twice.

HELLO @MIMIBE, KINDLY GIVE ME ALL THE COST OF USING GWINNETT. THANK YOU.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
ogonnan:

Hi @ogonnan, she definitely liked his professionalism and the fact that he knows what he is talking about - infact, she has used him 2wice now for her 2 kids so he's definitely good and that was not a deal breaker for her at all. What she specifically highlighted though when she said impersonal was access to him e.g. she always had to go through his office to reach him as opposed to some other mums who could call their docs direct at any time of the day with any question. Having said that, she said he does listen and will address all your questions whenever you meet with him.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hi @oyinkay123, when do you intend to travel to Atlanta?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
GenoMI: Hi @oyinkay123, when do you intend to travel to Atlanta?

30TH SEPT, IF I GET THE VISA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hi @ogonnan, @mimibe please are you staying with family or in rented accommodation? If rented accommodation can you kindly share the details including cost? Thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ok cool, that's still much earlier than me (December by God's Grace)

All the very best with your visa interview.

oyinkay123:

30TH SEPT, IF I GET THE VISA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 1:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
GenoMI: Ok cool, that's still much earlier than me (December by God's Grace)

All the very best with your visa interview.

THANK YOU. PLEASE, WHICH DOCTOR ARE YOU USING? AND HOW MUCH IS SHE/HE CHARGING? DID YOU ALSO GET A DISCOUNT FROM THE HOSPITAL?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
oyinkay123:
THANK YOU. PLEASE, WHICH DOCTOR ARE YOU USING? AND HOW MUCH IS SHE/HE CHARGING? DID YOU ALSO GET A DISCOUNT FROM THE HOSPITAL?

Hello, can you please stop typing in caps? Its kinda "distracting".

No offence meant, please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
Phema:

Hello, can you please stop typing in caps? Its kinda "distracting".

No offence meant, please.

sorry about that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
oyinkay123:

I haven't decided on Dr. yet but its between Dr Oduro ($2,150 I believe) and Dr Soyoola ($2,675). I got the following email from Gwinnett:

As a courtesy to our self pay patients, we are offer discounts toward services provided by Gwinnett Hospital System.
Normal Vaginal delivery estimated charges for a two day stay can be from $4,000.00 to $6,000.00.
C-Section estimated charge is $10,000 to $12,000.00. Estimate includes baby’s nursery charges, estimated cost for baby’s nursery charges can be $1,000 - $1,500.

If you are uninsured, You will receive a 40% discount for services if paid before the first 30 days. A 30% discount if paid before 60 days, and a 20% discount if paid before 90 days. If you are unable to take advantage of discounts, you can make payment arrangements in our Patient Accounts Department.

Anesthesiologists will bill you separately and they have flat rates if paid up front, you can call directly to: American Anesthesiology # is 866-507-5244.Referral line for OB-Gyn Doctors is 678-312-5000. Doctors have different care packages for prenatal care.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
raii:

I am due at the end of February 2015 and I'm seriously considering MIHS but I haven't applied for visa too. Seems I should apply now make September visa date no pass me by.
Yes you should apply soon too, because you will need to travel by December. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jeanny: 2:10pm On Sep 03, 2014
Hello good people. Pls any mom's in Elpaso already- intown precisely? Ella77 sent u several private mails. Do respond. Nifetitiram, i would love the company too, shd b leaving by 2nd week of sept. Plss yet to get responses on documents to travel wit for baby's papers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
GenoMI:

I haven't decided on Dr. yet but its between Dr Oduro ($2,150 I believe) and Dr Soyoola ($2,675). I got the following email from Gwinnett:

As a courtesy to our self pay patients, we are offer discounts toward services provided by Gwinnett Hospital System.
Normal Vaginal delivery estimated charges for a two day stay can be from $4,000.00 to $6,000.00.
C-Section estimated charge is $10,000 to $12,000.00. Estimate includes baby’s nursery charges, estimated cost for baby’s nursery charges can be $1,000 - $1,500.

If you are uninsured, You will receive a 40% discount for services if paid before the first 30 days. A 30% discount if paid before 60 days, and a 20% discount if paid before 90 days. If you are unable to take advantage of discounts, you can make payment arrangements in our Patient Accounts Department.

Anesthesiologists will bill you separately and they have flat rates if paid up front, you can call directly to: American Anesthesiology # is 866-507-5244.Referral line for OB-Gyn Doctors is 678-312-5000. Doctors have different care packages for prenatal care.

i got same email too. my sister that lives in lawrenceville saw Dr Soyoola and he said $1800 wink how did you reach the doctors?

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.