Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379725 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 9:46am On Sep 16, 2014
@ ogonnan. Pls how can i get Dr Oduro William contacts email will be more better, as to be able to print all conversation via email. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 9:57am On Sep 16, 2014
Woow @ MIHS price review, not good at all embarassed

Oawele, et all, pls help!!!! i had booked an appointment for October 6th with MIHS financials, but i decided to travel earlier and would be there on Monday 22nd. Will i be allowed to pay the old price?

@Dechica congrats on new born, can you kindly share wat your bill was like in Holycross, did they allow for the one night stay thingy we had discussed? i understand their quality of service is pretty good

Thot to share ds for those lukin for affordable hospitals elsewhere, someone mentioned Elkhart General Hospital in Indianapolis i think the package is all inclusive, doc fees, hospital, pre-natal etc

http://www.egh.org/maternitypackage
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2014
@angel55: There is no direct flight to elpaso. depending on the airline, there is always a connecting flight from your POE to elpaso
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 11:00am On Sep 16, 2014
This is not good at all o!! I had an appointment for 22nd Sept but I moved traveling till Oct. To think I just rescheduled yesterday!! This review had better be good if not, hmmmmm............There is God sha!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 11:10am On Sep 16, 2014
seemorejoy: @ ogonnan. Pls how can i get Dr Oduro William contacts email will be more better, as to be able to print all conversation via email. Thanks

North_metro290@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 11:23am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 11:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 11:47am On Sep 16, 2014
amash: Hi pamper me... could you kindly let me know the exact birthing price you have for MIHS and what accomodation you will be using there?. really appreciate

The MIHS package for VD is $2888, you can check their website for more details. As per the accommodation, am looking at Crosslands and budgeted $1700. The problem with both is that they may likely increase from October so we just have to wait for update.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 11:50am On Sep 16, 2014
shelly23: Sorry if i'm asking the same question over and over again. Are you stating childbirth on your application? I'm due to renew my visa via dropbox in December (when i'm about 30wks gone) and i'm afraid of rejection. I feel like childbirth is something best explained when I see the VO face to face. Not sure how it'll be just sending in paperwork.

To answer your question, NO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 11:54am On Sep 16, 2014
oawele: I went to MIHS and was able to meet with one of the business services manager. She said the maternity package is currently under review and during the review period which is supposed to be concluded by 1st of October, 2014 they will no longer be scheduling or issuing appointments to patients.

Those that already have appointment scheduled between now and 1st of Oct can still come in, they would be paying the normal cost. However, those with appointments scheduled for 1st of Oct onwards will be paying the reviewed prize irrespective of when you got your appointment.

Tried to find out what the review would look like but she didn’t have an idea, maybe se didnt want to say.

Thank you. We will wait till Oct 1. Might end up in my New York sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 11:55am On Sep 16, 2014
Chei, this MIHS matter, diaris God o embarassed embarassed embarassed. To add my 2 cents, I think what @Flowers is trying to say is, we should all still put in the effort to do our own research. But lets wait and see and hope the increase is not too much.

Anyway are there any Atlanta bound mamas on this forum? I will be travelling first week in December and was wondering if there's anyone else going around the same time. I will be using Gwinnett grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
@Sayoberry, are you sure?

That's way above what they quoted on their website.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by funkiepop: 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ok @merrymom, the interview was pretty short and it was in abuja. It was one young lady that interviewed us and she denied a whole lot of people that day. I wonder if it was because of the crowd but I know the crowd can't be as bad as that of lagos. Anyways let me just go straight to how the interview went
Vo:Good morning
Us:Good morning with a smile
Vo:why are you going to the us?
Hubby? To have our baby and visit some interesting places
Vo:oh really
Us:yes with a smile
Vo:asked hubby were he works
Hubby:I work with xyz
Vo:asked where I work
Me:I work with xyz
Vo:have you contacted any hospital?
Hubby:yes please....he gave her the doctores para ti appointment letter
Vo:Oh you are due mid January?
Me:yes please
Vo....I'm sorry you are not eligible for the visa today blah blah you can reapply if you wish blah blah blah blah.

That was how the interview went.she was really impatient and that was how she was with other people while we sat down. I prayed she wouldn't be the the one to interview us but we didn't escape her. However what I want to really know from you is how you filled your ds 160 form. The part where they asked for your contact and where you would be staying the address and all. I'm certain we have all the requirements and that's why we are reapplying and by the grace of God it will be better this time. Merrymom I asked for your email address because I may not be able to post here at all times. Please I really do need your help before we fill the form again. I count on all the gurus in the house as well. Thanks a milli.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 12:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 12:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
@funkiepop. It's Ok. Pele. I just don't know how to send personal messages on this platform, sorry, I'm a bush girl smiley

Can someone tell me how please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lipsyred: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hello people,want to thank everybody,this forum really helped me.so I decided to come and share my experience,I am in maryland,went at 35weeks.POE was Atlanta,took delta airline direct,had a smooth journey just distance so was tired,had to get my luggage to be rechecked to connect to baltimore.I had tough time at migration,I didn't disclose my pregnancy at embassy and it was late to amend when I got the info from this forum,I took the risk believing God,d fort man I met ask me my purpose,I said vacation and shopping,he said I shouldn't lie that is legal to give birth,afterwards he stamped me 6month in but sent me for me secondary scrutinization,I actually helped them with a Nigerian mama who speaks only Yoruba,so I stood as an interpreter,so that was why he was cool with me.for d secondary one,I had it hot with three of them on me,why I didn't disclose and so many question,I was bold in answering all,but my cash helped me the most which was 10400 dollars,and I heard the boss saying stamp her in dude she got the cash.i was asked to go and checking through all I came in with,lot of foodstuffs,egusi,Ogbomosho,frozen bitterleaf,grounded pepper soup spice,abasha,dry fish,but my Oha leave was seize which was no big deal.Thank God with me,am settling down now,expecting my baby soon.not to forget was told I should come with hospital receipt of payment in full wen next am coming to usa.thanks people,keep d good work,will advise all to be honest from onset it really pays and you won't be faced with my situation and hav ur money intact wen travelling,above all pray,best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
Phema:

Call them on +18003987829 and tell them you want the extended stay program for Crossland Economy Hotels, McDowell Rd, Phoenix. You should get same rates.

I did call and got rates of 2k+. Have you made reservations yet?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
@ sayoberry: So, Doctores Para Ti don join dey review price too? Issorite

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
raii:
I did call and got rates of 2k+. Have you made reservations yet?

I guess your going in January? A higher rate starts from January 1st.

I made a reservation, but just cancelled. Want to be sure of where I'm headed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
dserious: Woow @ MIHS price review, not good at all embarassed

Oawele, et all, pls help!!!! i had booked an appointment for October 6th with MIHS financials, but i decided to travel earlier and would be there on Monday 22nd. Will i be allowed to pay the old price?

@Dechica congrats on new born, can you kindly share wat your bill was like in Holycross, did they allow for the one night stay thingy we had discussed? i understand their quality of service is pretty good

Thot to share ds for those lukin for affordable hospitals elsewhere, someone mentioned Elkhart General Hospital in Indianapolis i think the package is all inclusive, doc fees, hospital, pre-natal etc

http://www.egh.org/maternitypackage

I saw te package yday but you still have to pay for your testa and epidural fee. MiHs its not good at all o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 12:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hi @sayoberry, please send an email to pricequote@gwinnettmedicalcenter.org. You can also copy contactus@gwinnettmedicalcenter.org

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 12:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
Phema:
I guess your going in January? A higher rate starts from January 1st.

I made a reservation, but just cancelled. Want to be sure of where I'm headed.

Yeah I'm headed in January. I didnt book too cos of all these brouhaha with upping rates. I have started looking for alternatives just that most hopspitals don't have these info online like MiHs and el paso. So that means several calls.

I am going to begin my search from arizona and texans because they are border cities.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 12:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by funkiepop: 12:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
@merrymom thank you oh hmmmn. I don't know how to send personal mails here too but you could send me an email directly. My addy is funkiepop@yahoo.com. I and hubby are saying thanks already as we await a mail from you. Your assistance will go a long way. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
sayoberry:

thank you very much. sent the mail already.
making the fifth hospital. I just have to find a price fit for my pocket

I pray you find one soon, let's see what they say.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
@lipsyred: I must tell you congratulations and thank God because mercy of God said NO to them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 1:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
sayoberry:

pls can u gimme the website of his hospital

I don't know the website. You can call +1 (770) 338-8331
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 1:58pm On Sep 16, 2014
@Nightnigeria1 grin Me sef quickly go check their website quotations again. Make I no enter one chance as I don buy me tickets. Ha! Abeg o. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
hey everyone. @MadameU, @Tvegas has just about said it all. For my mum's interview, we gave her a letter of intent/consent stating financial responsibility for her trip, copies of our own DS-160 confirmation form(because we had not yet collected our visas), her own confirmation form and passport and visa receipt and appointment schedule(of course), her national ID card and voter's registration card, her own properties documents and of course hubby's statement of accounts(as the sponsor). Plus 2 days of adequate coaching on the questions to expect and the answers to give in line with what was filled on her DS-160 form. All in all, not one of the documents was she asked for at her interview(apart from the passport and confirmation form of course), she didnt even have course to open the envelope to bring out any documents. They basically just asked her a few questions and issued her the visa. All the best with your mum-inlaw.

@omodaddy, I'm also headed to elpaso in Oct. but sorry I have no info on any creches or daycare centres, wish I could help. Better still, maybe you could send @fabulousmom a pm, she's one of the moms who used Elpaso previously(sometime last year i think) and if I rmbr correctly, she used a daycare service while there so she might be able to help you.

@funkiepop all the best as you reapply. The only suggestion I might be able to give is that you and hubby should try and include as many details as you can when filling the DS 160 forms. Though, the form doesnt really give room for too much details, try to include all that you do in the column for Job/work description, not just your formal place of employment job duties.This is because they need to establish first that you have 'strong ties' to Nigeria in evaluating your application. Are you or your hubby a member/founder/executive of any NGO/SBO/Charity organisation/community project, pls include it. Do you run any side business(es) no matter how small, pls include it. do you have land, property even if not yet fully finished or paid for? Pls include it. Are you enrolled in any career/personal development training or course, include it.Anything that suggests that you have concerns/interests here in Nigeria.(Also be ready to present documents to the effect of these claims as 'burden of proof') Plus of course, a good enough bank statement to show financial competence. Most importantly, may the favour of God rest upon you as you reapply.

@angel55 Im also in the same boat as you, these airfares are not smiling this period. Yet to conclude on my flight arrangements too. Planning to go through Dallas as POE and then connect to Elpaso but Im trying to get the whole routine sorted out from here so I dont have to start booking an over the counter ticket to Elpaso at Dallas. All the best with your planning and wishing you a safe delivery as well.

Congrats to all the newly delivered moms on the thread, God bless you and your little ones.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
okay o folks get on the phones, get to work all over again and keep your eyes open.
For those that may want to try out other hospitals in phoenix there are: St. Josephs medical center (602)4063000, phoenix baptist hospital and Medical center (602)2490212, Maryvale Hospital Medical center (602)8485000 and Banner good samaritan hospital (602) 8394293.

for other portions of Arizona:
Tempe st Luke's (480)7845500, Northwest medical center (520) 7429000, Carondelet St.Josephs hospital (prepaid with a pyhsician referral) (520)7429000 ......... people call and inquire would do same and share the gists and bills.

Goodluck to us all!

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.