Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,041 members, 7,953,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1402822 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jaysmom: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
Congrats to all the new mamas and papas, congrats too on visa approvals. I'm back to Naija and I'm fully settled now. Had my baby at Oakbend Medical Centre and I used Dr Fagbohun. Thanks to all that made me discover this wonderful hospital/doctor. The cost I incurred where as follows: doctor - $1920, hospital - $2150, labs - $220, reg/scan - $300, pediatrician - $380, epidural - $800. The nurses were very professional and nice and the environment was superb. I had my personal labour room and post natal room (non shared). I stayed with a friend in Sugarland and when my hubby joined me we moved to his cousin's at Katy. Both locations were less than 30 minutes drive from the hospital and the doctors office. Baby's birth certificate was ready in 2 days, SSN in 8 days and passport in 13 days. I flew Delta and I had the worst experience anyone could think of. From delays in obtaining a sky-rocketed priced return ticket for my baby to almost running into my connecting flight in Atlanta and then to carrying my baby in my arms throughout the journey (please don't depend on their bassinet as only 2 moms on some special seat can have it). As if that was not enough, on arrival, 2 of my boxes didn't arrive with me. I was told to come back the following day meanwhile I had an Owerri flight to catch that day. To cut a long story short, Delta is not it o for nursing moms so be warned.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2014
For those going to Phoenix; I tried calling other Hospitals in Phoenix and non has an all-inclusive maternity package like MIHS. They could only tell the hospital fees which is about $3k for almost all of them. You will have to get your own Dr, pay him/her, also pay for epidural, Paediatrician, Aneasthesiologist, laboratory test etc.

However, I got one hospital (Northwest Medical Centre) in Tucson, AZ which offers a maternity package plan (again, just hospital fees) for $1800 and $350 for epidural. Excludes Dr's fees, Paediatrician fees, lab tests etc

This is me, signing out on the searching game. Will just have to wait till I get MIHS new price to make a decision between MIHS and Doctores Para Ti.

Chei! I speak English tire today. From Naija accent to fake American one to even middle eastern one sef, sotey my credit finish. I load another one again, them finish am. I don try! angry

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wumicipm(f): 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
Good day wonderful mamas,

I have been a silent follower on this thread and I have benefitted a lot from it. I had my interview in Abuja with my hubby last week Wednesday and the interview went thus;

VO; G.mrng
WE; g.mrng
vo; can I take ur thumbprint
we; yes, we did our thumb print
vo; what are you travelling to do in the Us?
me; to have our baby and vacation
vo; do you have any doctor appointment?
me; yes, brought out doctors para tis appointment letter
vo; looked at it critically, and at this point, my hubby was busy bring out all the documents we had with us
vo; what is that?
hubby; email correspondence from doctores para ti
vo; may I see it please?
we; gave it to him
vo; do you have your bank statement with you?
we; yes, gave him 2 statements, current and savings
vo; used a magnifying/microscope to check the statement grin
vo; your visa has been approved, pick up your passport on Friday.
we; thank you
vo; congratulations!

NB; before going to the embassy, I used anointed oil, communion, blessed water and mantle cos my hubby was the principal applicant and he cant even pronounce el paso correctly not to talk of doctorespa rati. I just prayed to God to send angels that will blind the vo officers eyes from my hubby and not to ask any unnecessarily questions and he answered my prayes.

I have appointment for 25th of this month in Elpso, I also have appointment for 2nd of October in mhis but intend to go to mhis because of their package. my question is, can I go to phoenix even though I told them at the embassy that im going to elpaso? where is the best poe to phoenix and who is leaving for phoenix in 2 weeks? lets hook up abeg..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
toitoi: Lol I can't stop laughing here ooooo.you can't believe ì got heaache before I found so called Singapore hospital. From Arizona to Singapore.

Singapore ke? Make una take am easy o, we no fit search for pregnant mamas o, grin

wumicipm:
NB; before going to the embassy, I used anointed oil, communion, blessed water and mantle cos my hubby was the principal applicant and he cant even pronounce el paso correctly not to talk of doctorespa rati. I just prayed to God to send angels that will blind the vo officers eyes from my hubby and not to ask any unnecessarily questions and he answered my prayers

Congrats @wunmi, na only you activate all these weapon? Na your burden of proof sure pass. I like your style o, na to dey blind VO eyes dey go. grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 8:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
Mehn! This MIHS review worry ooo! My appointment is for the 14th of Oct! E don bizzle o! Anyway, i'll still get there. I pray it won't exceed 5k sha. D weather is inviting. I really can't change much now, I believe God will make everything ok.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
twizzie: @mamacajah, sorry no vex ehn.. I promise they won't do it again..hehehe..
I was going to ask after you sef as I haven't "read" from you in a while.. How are you and the baby doing? Great I hope..
Take care!!
LOL! Yes twizzie, we are doing great, thanks for asking. Yet to book my flight, though I am planning to travel early October.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
Phema: For those going to Phoenix; I tried calling other Hospitals in Phoenix and non has an all-inclusive maternity package like MIHS. They could only tell the hospital fees which is about $3k for almost all of them. You will have to get your own Dr, pay him/her, also pay for epidural, Paediatrician, Aneasthesiologist, laboratory test etc.

However, I got one hospital (Northwest Medical Centre) in Tucson, AZ which offers a maternity package plan (again, just hospital fees) for $1800 and $350 for epidural. Excludes Dr's fees, Paediatrician fees, lab tests etc

This is me, signing out on the searching game. Will just have to wait till I get MIHS new price to make a decision between MIHS and Doctores Para Ti.

Chei! I speak English tire today. From Naija accent to fake American one to even middle eastern one sef, sotey my credit finish. I load another one again, them finish am. I don try! angry

Pele Phema. Na sotay search I do today and couldn't find a 'sensible' package. I have decided to chill too till that October.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 9:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
Yes. I've seen Doctores Para Ti's website revisions. They have included so many details more than twin births as well. E.g. If mother or baby stays longer than expected incurs certain costs.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SEDLA: 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
Phema:

Not a problem. Called MIHS some minutes ago and they confirmed what you said.

Phema pls clarify. Are you saying i will pay old price if I have an appointment and get to mihs after in October 1. Appointment is October 23.

Sme1 pls clarify

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
@SEDLA
You will pay the old price if you can get to MIHS before Oct 1st. Later than that, youi pay the new price.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wumicipm(f): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
I got this hospital in Arizona and called them , dignity health, chandler regional medical center, Arizona.
you can goggle them too.
I just booked appointment with them: doctor fee, 1800, hospital, 3500, epidural 750. the lady told me she does not know the cost of pediatrician and circumcision. don't want to put any number here so they don't think i'm a marketer.
Phema: For those going to Phoenix; I tried calling other Hospitals in Phoenix and non has an all-inclusive maternity package like MIHS. They could only tell the hospital fees which is about $3k for almost all of them. You will have to get your own Dr, pay him/her, also pay for epidural, Paediatrician, Aneasthesiologist, laboratory test etc.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2014
Thanks a lot @oawele and all, i called MIHS and was rescheduled to next week. I have even received the mail confirmation.

Pls for pple currently in phoenix, which other hotel has a fairly good naija community aside crossland?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omokennyoguns20: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
Good news guys. I just signed my contract at mihs. While I was there, d lady attending to me answered a cal. N from their discussion dey agreed that dey will still honour those that already booked appointment till October ending( with the old maternity package). She said dey r reviewing those for November and December. D new maternity package will b up before Oct. Dey r not allowing new appointments and walk in. So if u already v appointment before November u can rejoice. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
wumicipm: I got this hospital in Arizona and called them , dignity health, chandler regional medical center, Arizona. you can goggle them too.
I just booked appointment with them: doctor fee, 1800, hospital, 3500, epidural 750. the lady told me she does not know the cost of pediatrician and circumcision. don't want to put any number here so they don't think i'm a marketer.

Thanks dear. That sums up to $6050 without Paediatrician fees and circumcision? shocked I might as well go with Doctoresparati.

By the way, you should try that Northwest Medical centre in Tucson, AZ. They seem cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 10:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
omokennyoguns20: Good news guys. I just signed my contract at mihs. While I was there, d lady attending to me answered a cal. N from their discussion dey agreed that dey will still honour those that already booked appointment till October ending( with the old maternity package). She said dey r reviewing those for November and December. D new maternity package will b up before Oct. Dey r not allowing new appointments and walk in. So if u already v appointment before November u can rejoice. Lol

Yeah, dat sounds more like my God in action! I finally booked united at almost 393k ooo! I'm not smiling at all! Then POE is Houston! As in ehn! Anyway no shaking, He that started d good work will definitely complete, wetin concern me!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 11:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dear All,
I wish I could post a POE story, but I developed severe complications on the day I was to leave for US. I am sure my friend @dinawe who we were supposed to travel together must have been confounded by my disappearance at the airport.
I started bleeding a few hours to my flight, and was rushed to a hosp. I had lost so much blood so they had to carry out an emergency surgery to save my life.
My babies were born at 27 weeks and are currently in an incubator. I am in recovery as well.
In all things I can only give thanks to God, things could have been much worse if I had gotten on that flight.
@dinawe, please reach out to me when you arrive phoenix. This is why I didn't show up for our flight, but I and the babies are safe and sound.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2014
[quote author=dserious]Thanks a lot @oawele and all, i called MIHS and was rescheduled to next week. I have even received the mail confirmation.

Pls for pple currently in phoenix, which other hotel has a fairly good naija community aside crossland?

Please how did you get these MIHS people to send you an email confirmation,I have called severally today requesting same but no show!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 11:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
In all things we should give thanks. Thank God you and the babies are fine. The lord will keep them and strengthen u dear. All is well.
nefertitiram: Dear All,
I wish I could post a POE story, but I developed severe complications on the day I was to leave for US. I am sure my friend @dinawe who we were supposed to travel together must have been confounded by my disappearance at the airport.
I started bleeding a few hours to my flight, and was rushed to a hosp. I had lost so much blood so they had to carry out an emergency surgery to save my life.
My babies were born at 27 weeks and are currently in an incubator. I am in recovery as well.
In all things I can only give thanks to God, things could have been much worse if I had gotten on that flight.
@dinawe, please reach out to me when you arrive phoenix. This is why I didn't show up for our flight, but I and the babies are safe and sound.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by damsel020: 11:51pm On Sep 16, 2014
Congrat dear. pls just some few questions. Am currently in houston and using doctor fagbohun, but i was given a bill of $550 for test of which i have just 4 test to do am confused? pls how many test did you do for $220? and as for delta, i had a horrible experience with them coming here so am prepared for the worst on my return leg, God help me. But how much did you get ur baby ticket and what is the baby baggage allowance?

jaysmom: Congrats to all the new mamas and papas, congrats too on visa approvals. I'm back to Naija and I'm fully settled now. Had my baby at Oakbend Medical Centre and I used Dr Fagbohun. Thanks to all that made me discover this wonderful hospital/doctor. The cost I incurred where as follows: doctor - $1920, hospital - $2150, labs - $220, reg/scan - $300, pediatrician - $380, epidural - $800. The nurses were very professional and nice and the environment was superb. I had my personal labour room and post natal room (non shared). I stayed with a friend in Sugarland and when my hubby joined me we moved to his cousin's at Katy. Both locations were less than 30 minutes drive from the hospital and the doctors office. Baby's birth certificate was ready in 2 days, SSN in 8 days and passport in 13 days. I flew Delta and I had the worst experience anyone could think of. From delays in obtaining a sky-rocketed priced return ticket for my baby to almost running into my connecting flight in Atlanta and then to carrying my baby in my arms throughout the journey (please don't depend on their bassinet as only 2 moms on some special seat can have it). As if that was not enough, on arrival, 2 of my boxes didn't arrive with me. I was told to come back the following day meanwhile I had an Owerri flight to catch that day. To cut a long story short, Delta is not it o for nursing moms so be warned.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by afosahid: 11:59pm On Sep 16, 2014
Dear All,
I recently started following this post and i have found a lot of vital Information as my wife is currently in her 17th week and we intend to have the baby in the US. Please i need the following information to help with our visa applications and medical costs in the US if the Visa is granted:
1. My wife has relatives in Chicago and so we intend to have our baby over there. Can anyone please provide details of a good hospital with
reasonable charges (Budget is $7000 for medical expenses)
2.My wife is a first time applicant with a virgin passport. I do not intend to apply at the same time with her as this might be a red flag at the embassy. I will be sponsoring all the travel and medical expenses and I will get all necessary documents from my place of work.
3. We intend to declare at the embassy that my wife is pregnant and purpose of travel is for child birth and we have adequate funds to cover for all medical expenses incurred
4.When will it be too late to travel?

thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 11:59pm On Sep 16, 2014

OMG! I don't even know where to start my dear, but I thank God almighty! I'm happy u r fine n d baby is doing well. Just imagine d cost of NICU if u had a preterm over there! What of bleeding in d flight? Abeg God is too much! We give him praise! Congrats dear, I speak life to that child! he will live to declare the goodness of the Lord!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 12:13am On Sep 17, 2014
afosahid: Dear All,
I recently started following this post and i have found a lot of vital Information as my wife is currently in her 17th week and we intend to have the baby in the US. Please i need the following information to help with our visa applications and medical costs in the US if the Visa is granted:
4.When will it be too late to travel?
thanks for your anticipated response.

Kindly, get a pen and a paper and start reading from page 1 to 135, i can assure you that most of your questions have been answered. When you boldly declare that you've read till the last page, many people will volunteer additional advice.

@Nefertiti
Congrats the devil had a more wicked plan but God thwarted it. It's well with your babies.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lekiks: 12:13am On Sep 17, 2014

Thank God for the preservation of your life and those of your babies,... it is well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 1:50am On Sep 17, 2014

All thanks to God, mother and babies are safe , Congratulations!!!. You are blessed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 3:01am On Sep 17, 2014
thank God u n d babies r doing fine dats d most important thing. God has a plan for everything. regards to d newborns
uote author=nefertitiram]Dear All,
@dinawe, please reach out to me when you arrive phoenix. This is why I didn't show up for our flight, but I and the babies are safe and sound.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akelvin(f): 3:09am On Sep 17, 2014
dserious: Thanks a lot @oawele and all, i called MIHS and was rescheduled to next week. I have even received the mail confirmation.

I guess I will try calling to reschedule mine also as i will b entering on d 24th..thanks to @all for their help n contributions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 3:29am On Sep 17, 2014

@nefertitiram so sorry about your experience but its good to hear that you and the babies are doing well now. My love to them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:24am On Sep 17, 2014
@nefertitiram, I am so glad you are alive and well and the babies are fine. that's the most important thing. We give GOD praise for this story. Don't lose heart on the USA trip, the next ones can be born there (lol). Just relax and enjoy this time with family. It is well always.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jaysmom: 8:14am On Sep 17, 2014
damsel020: Congrat dear. pls just some few questions. Am currently in houston and using doctor fagbohun, but i was given a bill of $550 for test of which i have just 4 test to do am confused? pls how many test did you do for $220? and as for delta, i had a horrible experience with them coming here so am prepared for the worst on my return leg, God help me. But how much did you get ur baby ticket and what is the baby baggage allowance?

@damsel020, now I can't remember how many tests I did but I did most of them in Nigeria. I did for infection screening and the blood sugar....... I bought my baby's ticket for $750 at the airport and I think her baggage allowance was 20 pounds while the car seat was carried free of charge. I

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 8:42am On Sep 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 17, 2014

OMG! Our God is awesome! Have you stopped to wonder what would have become of you and the kids if this happened on the plane at a nameless location?

I know it isn't funny to have one's plans tainted and your hopes dashed. You put in somuch time, energy and money to this trip. But I tell you, God has a plan! Just keep praising Him, cos it could have been worse.

May God be with you and the LOs. kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 8:56am On Sep 17, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (402)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.