Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,127 members, 7,953,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:10 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1402865 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2014
nefertitiram: Hi All,
I lost my babies, poor handling in ICU here in Nigeria, even at 7 months. Another reason why everybody needs to have their baby in the US! I pray no one experiences this kind of loss in Jesus Name,
I have managed to move on. Time to go back to the drawing board, sad loss after trying for a number of years.
I cannot question God.

@neferittiram my thoughts and prayers are with you. You shall come here and share a wonderful testimony soon, the Lord is your strength
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:49am On Sep 18, 2014
Tvegas:

Mama,you can track these things yourself without using agents.

1. Check www.priceline.com on a daily basis. The site will quote prices from all the airlines flying your route. For example phoenix flights on BA dropped by $10 within the past 2 weeks,i have been checking daily.

2. You can subscribe to www.cheaponair.com alerts. They will alert you via email when prices drop on your selected route.

Few research have shown that the best time to book international flights is between 54 to 60 days before the flight. That's when airlines revalue their seats,after studying previous years volume and averages. But this rule is not cast in stone, for example holiday periods are often an exception.

Thanks Tvegas, but my destination is not showing on the sites, back to the drawing board. I a mheaded for Augusta, Georgia and it seems to be a low traffic destination, hence the high price.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2014
@Nefertitiram. The Lord will console you, he will give you grace to move ahead. He give unto you fruits(children) that will glorify his name. You are strengthen my dear sis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:29am On Sep 18, 2014
mamacajah:
Thanks Tvegas, but my destination is not showing on the sites, back to the drawing board. I a mheaded for Augusta, Georgia and it seems to be a low traffic destination, hence the high price.

@Mamacajah, I checked priceline for you few mins ago and found, Delta,Airfrance and KLM with quotes of around $2,300 for your trip to Augusta,GA.

The alternative on priceline is to find a cheap flight to JFK and take a domestic flight to Augusta ,If you dont mind the stress of checking in your baggage twice .I found that Virgin has a $1,570 to JFK, while US airways has a $286 to Augusta from JFK. Total = $1,856. I selected October 2nd as your departure date,so the dates also matter. Take time to check this on a computer,you will see several options. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 9:06am On Sep 18, 2014
I lost my babies, poor handling in ICU here in Nigeria, even at 7 months. Another reason why everybody needs to have their baby in the US! I pray no one experiences this kind of loss in Jesus Name,
I have managed to move on. Time to go back to the drawing board, sad loss after trying for a number of years.
I cannot question God.

so sorry for your loss, feel so sad!!!, we feel your pain, may God comfort you and grant you the fortitude to bear it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 9:09am On Sep 18, 2014
Neferitiam, dats so sad! It's well. Age of viability in naija is about 28wks n even with dat, it's super difficult! May God comfort u n ur family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2014
I cannot question God.

For the loss you went through, you'll receive a double of joy and fullness. Give Him thanks. Its well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 9:29am On Sep 18, 2014
OMG!! Nef!!! So sorry dear!! Couldnt help but shed a tear!! God be with your family at this time!! God will heal your heart and body and cause you to smile soonest!! You are one strong lady! continue been strong and keep holding on to God's word!! It is well with you dear..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2014
@nefertitiram, I said a prayer for you this morning. You will not experience loss again IJN. He will bless you beyond your imaginations. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nochid: 9:47am On Sep 18, 2014
I cannot question God.
I'm really sorry about your loss dear, God will give you beauty for ashes, and oil of gladness for mourning. God knows best isn't a cliché, He really does. Neonatology is a specialty still frought with many challenges here in Nigeria. God be with you and the rest of the family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LadyWolfe: 10:32am On Sep 18, 2014
I cannot question God.

Wow.. No words can adequately describe how you must feel now. Really sorry for your loss and pray for God's restoration in your life.

So sorry love
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2014
sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 11:59am On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babyspice: 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
I am truly sorry for your loss. Your babies where too good for this world, they are with God now. My prayer is for you and your spouse to experience Gods love and comfort at this time and you WILL enjoy the blessed gifts of God in the right time In jesus name.
I cannot question God.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jaysmom: 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
So sorry Nefertitiram, may God give you a reason to forget your sorrows soonest. Take heart dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
So sorry for your loss Nef, we shall rejoice with you very soon...God is able. We love you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
@Nefertitiram i am so sorry about the loss, may the good Lord grant you fortitude. Take heart and be strong my dear. It is well with you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
@Nefertitiram: Sorry about the loss, may God grant you strength and speedy recovery.

Please who is heading to Oakbend in December? Which accommodation is nice and closer to the hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nomanicole(f): 1:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
I cannot question God.

So sory! This is not goodnews at all. ..nef, its such a painful thing 4 anyone to go through. God knows best..pls take heart.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
sayoberry:

oawele pls i need to confirm from u (don't mind me I need to plan well)
was the delivery eventually through CS doctores sent another mail to me this morning to note that all twin deliveries is going to be through CS.
me no want CS o. unless if the two babies refused to turn together. sad

i did not use Doctorparati again, ended up using MIHS. However, the bill i got from doctorparati was for twin CS delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
@nefertitiram I'm deeply sorry to hear about this, soo painful even though I don't know you personally. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please try to be strong and stay positive, God will surely surprise you. *hugs*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 1:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
sayoberry:

oawele pls i need to confirm from u (don't mind me I need to plan well)
was the delivery eventually through CS doctores sent another mail to me this morning to note that all twin deliveries is going to be through CS.
me no want CS o. unless if the two babies refused to turn together. sad

@sayoberry my personal findings is that MIHS are more willing to carry out a normal delivery or VBAC for twins compared to doctorparati. that was one of the reasons i decided on going with MIHS.

Finally, the decision on which hospital to use is yours. Dont quote my personal opinion elsewhere but i strongly believe in my findings....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jaysmom: 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
@Flowers, I met a lady who was staying in a rented house about 20 minutes from the hospital and she said she paid $700 per month. She dropped the number with me. Let me see if I can dig it out.

Please who is heading to Oakbend in December? Which accommodation is nice and closer to the hospital?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
@jaysmom, @Tvegas
I hear you guys both talk of avoiding houston POE.
Could you guys shed more light into that

Also @jaysmom, what informed you decision in using delta for this time around instead of BA. I am planning on using BA but quite skeptical as soemone once mention they almost did not allow her to fly at almost 36 weeks even though thier offical policy allows preggies with single child to fly up to 36 weeks provided that provide a fit to fly doctor's report

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jaysmom: 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
PrinceAdeAde: @jaysmom, @Tvegas
I hear you guys both talk of avoiding houston POE.
Could you guys shed more light into that

Also @jaysmom, what informed you decision in using delta for this time around instead of BA. I am planning on using BA but quite skeptical as soemone once mention they almost did not allow her to fly at almost 36 weeks even though thier offical policy allows preggies with single child to fly up to 36 weeks provided that provide a fit to fly doctor's report

Before the tsunami, there were a lot of Houston POE experiences that were not so pleasant but I don't know about now.
I flew Delta because I wanted a direct flight as I travelled at 36 weeks and couldn't take a lot of stress. When I flew BA, I was 32 weeks gone so I'm not really sure of what they'll do if you're 36 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 3:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
So sorry to hear about ur loss nerf, God is in control ok, it's well with you. U are already on your way to success, for you to even post about ur loss is mighty courageous. You are so strong and such strength comes from the Lord. I lost my first pregnancy @ 26weeks! after waiting for 2yrs. And now I have 2 angels spicing up my life. God has not changed, we are all with u in prayers and ur testimony is sure!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nikkyhawts: 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello blessed moms, it feels gud to be in....my heart goes out to Nefertitiram ,I have been reading through for weeks felt heart broken to hear of your loss dear.I love your faith.God will see you through.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nikkyhawts: 3:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
Please am a learner here need input from the experts here....Anyone here has track of maternity bills in New york?Affordable smiley plz
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 3:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=jaysmom]@Flowers, I met a lady who was staying in a rented house about 20 minutes from the hospital and she said she paid $700 per month. She dropped the number with me. Let me see if I can dig it out

@Jaysmom: you are blessed please dig it out. If you need shovel and spade I'll send it to you.

Houston Preggos where una dey? Behold a new addition. Please add me to ur BB chats if there is any. #Noboredom# activated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 3:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
PrinceAdeAde: @jaysmom, @Tvegas
I hear you guys both talk of avoiding houston POE.Could you guys shed more light into that
Houston POE was notorious on this thread for stressing pregnant women. Some mamas who declared their pregnancy at the Embassy were delayed for up to 5 hours at the POE. But some people also passed through the POE with ease. My experience is a story for another day because the beefing started with United for making me pay like $16 for a can of Budweiser.
woaini: So sorry to hear about ur loss nerf, God is in control ok, it's well with you. U are already on your way to success, for you to even post about ur loss is mighty courageous. You are so strong and such strength comes from the Lord.
Seriously,Nef is a strong woman for her to be able to accept the loss. May God see you and your family through this hard time. You will have cause to celebrate soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MiddyO(f): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
@Nefertitiram

I am so sorry for your loss and pray the Almighty will strengthen you and restore all you have lost in Jesus name. 3 weeks ago I lost my pregnancy at almost 6 months (due to hospital negligence) and I can sincerely say that I understand what you are going through. Baba God knows best and we will come back to testify in Jesus name. I wish all expectant mothers a safe delivery and safe journey. Can"t wait to put up my own POE and baby testimony here soonest![color=#770077][/color] smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (402)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.