Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,033 members, 7,953,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1402820 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
TeamclicksAir: I understand you are a professor of English language. Your suggestion will only waste her time and make her spend more on the fare. Agencies always have cheap fare compared to the airline . Now after spending weeks tracking the price on the websites you listed , she visits the airline website and sees the price is more expensive. What would you have her do then. If you've been following my post, you will see I always post the airlines and there current prices so members can book themselves.
Why are you contradicting yourself? In one breath you claimed prices on airline websites are more expensive,hence people should use agents. In the last line you advice that people should book via airline websites? Which is which?. Mamacajah please buy your ticket from this guy, so he can leave me alone. Wetin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by phmom: 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Shawbabe: Any April 2015 mums heading to MIHS

hi shawbabe, I just sent u a mail. but I was thinking of going towards the end of march at about 35 weeks.
this 1 they want to review the price for MIHS na wa o. do u have someone der or will u pay for accommodation as well?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dinawe: 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nef dear, have always known u r a strong and amazing lady, that's why i was looking forward to our stay at phoenix. God bless the day we became friends . . . thanks to nairaland.

So, where are all the crosslands mama. Have been here 3 days with @omokenny as well. I no see una oh! E bi like say i go start to the knock room by room.

My intercomm number (room phone) is 7530. Pls lets hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ispecial: 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=nefertitiram]

Neferty, it is well with you! I trust God for you to restore everything that is lost and more!
He holds you in the palm of His hands and wont let you/your family down
God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
olamuah: Pls have been following dis thread need some advice urgently, hv been to d embassy July wit my family for vacation but was denied visa although I was preg then nd was asked I said no, and my kids passport still virgin we have nt traveld together before and nw want to reapply but wit my hubby alone and this time making it obvious am going to give birth, my appointment is soon but am scared what if am asked y I lied the last time dat I wasn't preg what should I say?although hv gotten letter from doctores para Ti. Thnks waiting for ur reply ASAP
Madam if truly you've been following this thread,you will see that some consequences often accompany lying, chief of them is a 10 year ban for misrepresentation or cancelling an already issued Visa for same reason. The VO has most likely noted the false answer on your record,you can read my transcript as an example. Also,Doctores parati cannot resolve the inconsistency on your record as they also beg their patient to always say the truth at every point. Left to me, i will drop the idea for now as you've made the issue difficult but nothing is impossible so you may still go ahead.
malory84: You can tell them you had not made proper arrangements with doctors and hospitals, so you were not really sure , and because you also didn't state childbirth in ur form, so you didn't want to complicate issues. and you had also heard from alot of people how they reject preggy women. or u can as well just tell them the truth that u were scared do u lied! The gurus in d house can give u more advice
Malory I appreciate your willingness to advice the OP but consider this fact. Do you know that a lot of NIV applicants who are repeatedly denied US visas are under the 10 year ban for misrepresentation but its not the VO's responsibility to tell them hence they keep burning their hard earn cash via several applications?. Poster can try her luck but its an obvious risk someone like me wont take. The DS160 does not even give you any direct means to declare childbirth,what you find under B2 is medical/tourism and that medical can be for eye,nose or leg treatment. Therefore,its the duty of every applicant to declare the truth and damn the consequence.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tvegas:
Madam if truly you've been following this thread,you will see that some consequences often accompany lying, chief of them is a 10 year ban for misrepresentation or cancelling an already issued Visa for same reason. The VO has most likely noted the false answer on your record,you can read my transcript as an example. Also,Doctores parati cannot resolve the inconsistency on your record as they also beg their patient to always say the truth at every point. Left to me, i will drop the idea for now as you've made the issue difficult but nothing is impossible so you may still go ahead.
Malory I appreciate your willingness to advice the OP but consider this fact. Do you know that a lot of NIV applicants who are repeatedly denied US visas are under the 10 year ban for misrepresentation but its not the VO's responsibility to tell them hence they keep burning their hard earn cash via several applications?. Poster can try her luck but its an obvious risk someone like me wont take. The DS160 does not even give you any direct means to declare childbirth,what you find there is medical/tourism and that medical can be for eye,nose,leg etc treatment. That is why,its the duty of every applicant to declare upfront and damn the consequence.

That was what I was trying to explain, the form does not give you a means to declare childbirth which is why I sent them an email after obtaining my visa through drop-box.

@olamuah Please if you are going to re-apply, tell the truth to the VO and you may stand a chance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
Please and please, whoever is reading this thread, I beg you, do not lie, do not pretend "there is no where to declare your birth intentions". That is why there is "B2" which clearly states Medical/Tourism.

Not trying to sound upright but we cannot continue to uphold our leaders to a certain level of criticism in Nigeria when we normal citizens are willing to lie for little things (or big things in this case). The onus is on everyone of us to tell the truth and let the VO decide to issue the visa or not based on eligibility. Truth is, whether you lie or not, VO will decide the eligibility before issuing visa so why lie to create loads of problems for yourself and other family members in future?

Sorry about the rant but I just had to also drum it here that we do not need to lie to get to the top in life. Ese gan, nagode grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Jay6: 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
jaysmom: @Flowers, I met a lady who was staying in a rented house about 20 minutes from the hospital and she said she paid $700 per month. She dropped the number with me. Let me see if I can dig it out.

Please who is heading to Oakbend in December? Which accommodation is nice and closer to the hospital?

My wife is heading to Oakbend in December and I think it will be nice if Oakbend Dec/Jan mamas can hook up. @flowers, I sent you a private message.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
MerryMom: Truth is, whether you lie or not, VO will decide the eligibility before issuing visa so why lie to create loads of problems for yourself and other family members in future?
God bless you ma,This is the summary of the matter. Eligibility for NIV comes before any other factor. All of us lie but some lies are unnecessary. I know 2 people who didn't declare medical on their DS160 but told the VO the truth when asked about pregnancy, the VO went ahead to include that in their record and still issued their visas because they are well qualified for NIV.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
@MerryMom I really think you should read posts thorougly before you make accusatory comments, it comes across as very insulting. If you read @Tvegas's comments,a nd the portion I highlighted, you would not have come here and said whoever is reading the thread should not lie. For your benefit, I will paste Tvegas's comment again below and highlight the portion that answers you - you can declare you are going for medicals through the type of visa you select, but like Tvegas pointed out, you cannot type 'Child Birth' anywhere in the form and medical can mean a whole bunch of things.

The DS160 does not even give you any direct means to declare childbirth,what you find there is medical/tourism and that medical can be for eye,nose,leg etc treatment. That is why,its the duty of every applicant to declare upfront and damn the consequence.

Now I was talking about Dropbox (@virgymaria had asked), which does not give a chance for further explanation, hence my advice that she should send the embassy an e-mail declaring her actual intentions just like I did in case of those posters asking about how to go about declaring childbirth intentions through Dropbox.

As for the other poster, please see my response to her below:

@olamuah Please if you are going to re-apply, tell the truth to the VO and you may stand a chance.

MerryMom: Please and please, whoever is reading this thread, I beg you, do not lie, do not pretend "there is no where to declare your birth intentions". That is why there is "B2" which clearly states Medical/Tourism.

Not trying to sound upright but we cannot continue to uphold our leaders to a certain level of criticism in Nigeria when we normal citizens are willing to lie for little things (or big things in this case). The onus is on everyone of us to tell the truth and let the VO decide to issue the visa or not based on eligibility. Truth is, whether you lie or not, VO will decide the eligibility before issuing visa so why lie to create loads of problems for yourself and other family members in future?

Sorry about the rant but I just had to also drum it here that we do not need to lie to get to the top in life. Ese gan, nagode grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogbenyalu: 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
@nefe nefe . you inspire me becos u sure are one strong woman . may God comfort you and especially your hubby cos I know men grieve more than we women even though they don't show it . may you never see loss in your family again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 5:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
@Genomi, I am not talking to you o. I am encouraging those that are yet to fill their own DS-I60 forms to come out straight because it's almost even easier to get the visa that way. So if you feel insulted, I am not responsible.

I have heard about 5 pregnant women who concealed their intentions turned back at POE because of that, imagine the stress. These people won't tell you the real reason why they were turned back but you will see some testimonials in previous nairaland pages (unfortunately, some data got wiped out). All the border officer will do is simply look at your visa application date, ask for your documents showing EDD, look at your interview transcripts, calculate it backwards and if it falls within when it's obvious one is preggys, we all know the answer.

Again, for the benefit of those that are yet to fill their forms, chose "B2", in the organization where you will visit, you can easily fill in your US hospital details there with their address, phone numbers e.t.c . That way, when you get to POE, whether Houston, Atlanta or Ajegunle grin, the broder officer won't stress you much or turn you back cause you concealed information which they view as premeditated falsely under "Vacation" when you were applied.

Biko, I'm not talking to those that have done their thing their way o, I'm not in the business of accusing people. Ema binu grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
Jay6:

My wife is heading to Oakbend in December and I think it will be nice if Oakbend Dec/Jan mamas can hook up. @flowers, I sent you a private message.

I ll be in Oakbend too by december.who is coming w y a child.i am coming wt my 5yr old daughter and she ll need friends
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by olamuah: 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
Thanks for ur advice so far, really appreciate. Kipping my fingers crossed, hoping on God.Not even sure our denial was cos of dat, some said they might be thinking we want to run since it was all d family and haven't travelled before, but whatever will kip u posted.thnks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
Tvegas:
God bless you ma,This is the summary of the matter. Eligibility for NIV comes before any other factor. All of us lie but some lies are unnecessary. I know 2 people who didn't declare medical on their DS160 but told the VO the truth when asked about pregnancy, the VO went ahead to include that in their record and still issued their visas because they are well qualified for NIV.

I didn't o on my application bt even before we were asked, my hubby told dem I was going to gve birth and its also for vacation and d VO had no problem wt that. A friend of mine went for her visa though she was preggy and told them so but she said she had no intention to gve birth in d US and VO asked y nd she said she's not sure she cn afford it now nd shes not thought of it, d VO ws like bt ur hubby is capable now,she said shes not sure bt VO sha ws like convincing her to try so that she can put it on record that shes going for childbirth incase they change their minds so she said no problem. lol.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
@MerryMom O da mi o binu grin

It's just that I was trying to do my own bit and help since I've gained soo much from this thread. As I am not a guru, I should have not joined responses to 2 different posters in 1 response, I suppose it could have been confusing but now I have learnt grin

Once again please always tell VO the truth o for those yet to apply and go for interview. I cannot imagine anyone being turned back at POE because they did not tell the truth, that's just horrible.

MerryMom: @Genomi, I am not talking to you o. I am encouraging those that are yet to fill their own DS-I60 forms to come out straight because it's almost even easier to get the visa that way. So if you feel insulted, I am not responsible.

I have heard about 5 pregnant women who concealed their intentions turned back at POE because of that, imagine the stress. These people won't tell you the real reason why they were turned back but you will see some testimonials in previous nairaland pages (unfortunately, some data got wiped out). All the border officer will do is simply look at your visa application date, ask for your documents showing EDD, look at your interview transcripts, calculate it backwards and if it falls within when it's obvious one is preggys, we all know the answer.

Again, for the benefit of those that are yet to fill their forms, chose "B2", in the organization where you will visit, you can easily fill in your US hospital details there with their address, phone numbers e.t.c . That way, when you get to POE, whether Houston, Atlanta or Ajegunle grin, the broder officer won't stress you much or turn you back cause you concealed information which they view as premeditated falsely under "Vacation" when you were applied.

Biko, I'm not talking to those that have done their thing their way o, I'm not in the business of accusing people. Ema binu grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
phmom: Shawbabe: Any April 2015 mums heading to MIHS

hi shawbabe, I just sent u a mail. but I was thinking of going towards the end of march at about 35 weeks.
this 1 they want to review the price for MIHS na wa o. do u have someone der or will u pay for accommodation as well?

Yea I saw email saying you are trying to contact me. But it didn't show the message.

My dear personally, I think you traveling at 35 weeks is pushing it. Like Bloggerina said, 34 weeks should be out MAXIMUM! Me I plan to leave in february, Like 30 Weeks so I can have a comfortable flight and rest well. I am still trying to decide between Sugarland, Tx or Phoenix. Reason being that in Texas, I can get around easily and cost of living is cheaper.

I plan to travel with my mum so we will have to rent a place in any of the cities we decide on. I am looking at all these places suggested on here. Crossland (for phoenix) and 1-bed apt in Houston, close to sugarland.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
@olamuah maybe if you post your interview transcript, the gurus in the house may be able to advise you better on possible reasons for your refusal and advise on what you need to do different in your next application.

olamuah: Thanks for ur advice so far, really appreciate. Kipping my fingers crossed, hoping on God.Not even sure our denial was cos of dat, some said they might be thinking we want to run since it was all d family and haven't travelled before, but whatever will kip u posted.thnks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Shawbabe:

Yea I saw email saying you are trying to contact me. But it didn't show the message.

My dear personally, I think you traveling at 35 weeks is pushing it. Like Bloggerina said, 34 weeks should be out MAXIMUM! Me I plan to leave in february, Like 30 Weeks so I can have a comfortable flight and rest well. I am still trying to decide between Sugarland, Tx or Phoenix. Reason being that in Texas, I can get around easily and cost of living is cheaper.

I plan to travel with my mum so we will have to rent a place in any of the cities we decide on. I am looking at all these places suggested on here. Crossland (for phoenix) and 1-bed apt in Houston, close to sugarland.
What of those that have no choice but to fly 35/36?
God be with us all! !!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
This is my situation exactly! Some people on here have said to put vacation, but the problem is that i'll be travelling shortly after the visa is renewed. If I (or you sef) send a letter to the embassy, isn't that grounds for cancellation of the visa since I knew at the time I was applying that I was going to have a baby?
Abeg can any of the 'gurus' help answer this question.

virgymaria: Hello Everyone, I trust you all are having a great day.

I am really sorry nefertitiram for your loss. May God wipe away your tears and that of your husband and give you both the grace to bear this loss. Amen.

Please house your assistance is urgently required. I am presently pregnant and I intend renewing my US (B1/B2) visa via dropbox so that I can give birth in the US. My visa will be expiring at the end of January 2015 and I intended travelling by the beginning of January and staying till end of March. I want to know what to write as the reason for travelling. A lot of people have suggested that I write "going on vacation" since I might not be called for an interview but following this topic on nairaland has enlightened me on the dangers of that. Please what do you suggest I write as the reason for travelling. Can writing travelling for Childbirth while applying for a B1/B2 visa deprive me from getting the visa?

Thanks guys.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
@Jaysmom: hi, still expecting the ladies' phone number. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by olamuah: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Vo:gud day
Huby:guday (kids and I greeted)
Vo:why re u travelling?
Huby; going for vacation, since d kids will soon be on holiday
Vo; do u have a frnd. Or family there?
Huby:yea,a family frnd he sent us d invitation
Vo:reads d invite letter), where doe he stay and occupation
Huby:he stay in maryland, and into trucking company (he sells truck) so he told my huby.lol
Vo:what do u do?
Huby:I own an event centre, and a bar.
Vo:explain pls
Huby:it's a place pipo could pay to have their weddings, parties etc, and also a bar for hang out
Vo:hw many workers
Huby:more than 15
Hw much do u pay ur self?
Huby:he told her
Vo: ok, (facing me)re u working?
Wify:no, house wife
Vo:re u preg?
Wifey:no
Vo:any intention of having ur baby there in future
Wifey:no for nw
vo:ok (packed our doc) u re not qualify to travel nw, (gave us white paper) u can try again anytime u wish.thnk u
Dat was it. cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
kuzeh:
What of those that have no choice but to fly 35/36?
God be with us all! !!

Your health and baby's health comes FIRST!!! Anybody that tells you to push it to 35 or 36 weeks won't be there to make you comfortable during the long flights and layovers! So even if it is work, beg them that you have to leave early!! The ultimate is God's protection! But we have to do our part and keep it to 34 weeks max!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
@Nef, sori abt ur loss and may God console u and d family. He will bless u at his time. Takia.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kuzeh: 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
Shawbabe:

Your health and baby's health comes FIRST!!! Anybody that tells you to push it to 35 or 36 weeks won't be there to make you comfortable during the long flights and layovers! So even if it is work, beg them that you have to leave early!! The ultimate is God's protection! But we have to do our part and keep it to 34 weeks max!
Mwaaahhh. ...Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 8:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Please all, I need to ask what are the items you can safely carry from najia to usa? talking of foodstuffs. I need t o start preparing as i have less than 2 weeks to go... wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
folusho2001: @j6 & Folusho. I will in Oakbend in Dec too. Pls lets hook up

I ll be in Oakbend too by december.who is coming w y a child.i am coming wt my 5yr old daughter and she ll need friends

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluloveme: 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
nefertitiram:

This is very comforting. I draw inspiration from your testimony

@ Nerf , surely God is with you,.. please stay close to your hubby, comfort him. It's amazing how strong women are, yet they are referred to as fragile and delicate......now I know better.

It happened to me 2012, that cemetery trip ..I still can't forget, couldn't explain to my wife .....please help him, ...he needs you.

Today I have 2 boys both born in the states....may God comfort and continue to bless your home. Double blessings for your trouble.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Flowers: 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
@ Anyone going to Oakbend in December and wants us to share accommodation. I saw one online for $3700 from 2nd week in December to end of January. 3 bedrooms fully furnished luxury apartment with 2 bathrooms, dish washer and washing machine, swimming pool. In Houston Galleria, Richmond. @ Justwise: Am not a marketer or agent please. Am a preggo mama.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=Mrsfad2014][/quote]

So how do we hook up.my email is foluso2001@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
This is what i got when i Cedars Sinai Medical Center people pls help me o.

Thanks for contacting Cedars Sinai Medical Center. First, I’m sorry to hear about your wife’s first baby. Congratulations for your wife’s pregnancy; Yes, your wife can deliver the baby here at Cedars Sinai and I’ll be so glad to assist you during your trip to our medical center if you decide to proceed.

Normally the physicians would like her to arrive 2 months before the expected delivery date. At that time you would bring all the records from her physician. Please be sure they are translated to English.

The estimated cash pkg. is $21,310.00 in USD for a vaginal delivery and hospital stay. A cesarean section if needed is $29,600.00 in USD. The Obstetrician’s fee is usually around $5000.00 and the pediatrician’s fees usually $650.00. Please keep in mind these are ESTIMATES.

If you need assistance with obtaining a doctor, we will be happy to assist you with that. Please specify, male/female.. Please let me know how you want to proceed?

Please fill out the attached form and send it back to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.

Labeeb Ghubn, MBBS, MS

Medical Advisor, Middle East Affairs

Center for International Health

Phone: +310-423-7890

Office: +310-423-8147

Fax: +310-423-0166

Description: Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CC6639.DBE8D520

8700 Beverly Blvd., suite #245 East

Los Angeles, CA 90048
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
^^^^ cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (402)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.