Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381337 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
@nefer: Sad to hear that carelessness in our medical facilities. It is well dear. Only God can answer all your questions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello house..Abeg help a sister out..I got someone to book a flight for me..He got Arik due to less stress and lesser travel hours..The issue is that I will be 34 weeks at the time of travel..He said he called Arik as we were discussing and they said they will carry me as long as I present a fit to fly..My fear though is that they answered in the affirmative cos he was calling from the US. Make I no go airport, make them bounce me..
I have read it here times without number how they don't carry beyond 30 weeks..
Please anyone with a recent experience? Kindly share..
Thanks..

Ok, so I checked their website.. Thank God I didn't buy..
Expectant Mothers
Expectant mothers are not regarded as PRM. Nevertheless, expectant mothers can be accepted until the end of week 34 on all domestic flights at their own risk. It shall be noted that between week 28 and week 34 of the pregnancy a doctor’s certificate is required.

Expectant mothers can be accepted until the end of week 30 on all international flights at their own risk. It shall be noted that between week 28 and week 30 of the pregnancy a doctor’s certificate is required. Exception to this rule on International flights only, Between the end of week 30 and end of week 34 Expectant mothers can still be accepted (with a doctor’s certificate) until the end of week 34, providing that the mother is returning to the country of her origin/residence for which they are in a possession of valid documents at the time of travel.
Doctor certificates presented at the time of check-in must be issued within 7 days of travel otherwise You might be refused to travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello House,

I am also thinking of flying BA at 35 weeks. I dont understand why their policy should state one thing and they do something else at the time to board the flight.

Doesn't seem right. Does anyone have any experience with flying BA at 35weeks or 36 weeks?

@Nerf: The Lord is Your comfort and Solace. May you find Peace in these trying times and I trust God to give you double for your trouble. Even when the enemy tries to use this to steal your Joy, he wont succeed because the Joy of the Lord is your Strength. You will birth your rainbow baby into this world without any complications in no distant time.

You are Blessed Love!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
twizzie: Hello house..Abeg help a sister out..I got someone to book a flight for me..He got Arik due to less stress and lesser travel hours..The issue is that I will be 34 weeks at the time of travel..He said he called Arik as we were discussing and they said they will carry me as long as I present a fit to fly..My fear though is that they answered in the affirmative cos he was calling from the US. Make I no go airport, make them bounce me..
Thanks..

They don't fly women above 28weeks with or without fit to fly document. They say one thing on their website and implement another. Please, do your research well to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
@nefertitiram...my heart goes out to you and your hubby at this time. Affliction would never ever ever arise a second time IJN, Amen. Take heart, be strong and let the Lord see you through this difficult time. You shall smile, laugh and dance with your children in your arms very soon in Jesus' name, Amen. God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lanis: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
twizzie: Hello house..Abeg help a sister out..I got someone to book a flight for me..He got Arik due to less stress and lesser travel hours..The issue is that I will be 34 weeks at the time of travel..He said he called Arik as we were discussing and they said they will carry me as long as I present a fit to fly..My fear though is that they answered in the affirmative cos he was calling from the US. Make I no go airport, make them bounce me..
Thanks..

I don't think Arik ll allow u to fly even with ur fit to fly. It ll b better if u can call them here in Nigeria. I flew at 24wks n I was still scrutinized.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wumicipm(f): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
good day all,

Has anyone flown air France at 34 weeks? I'm about to book air France to phoenix... pls help!

@Nerf, sorry for your loss..... all things work together for good.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
wumicipm: good day all,

Has anyone flown air France at 34 weeks? I'm about to book air France to phoenix... pls help!

Ai France does not have a policy. But, endeavour to have your fit to fly handy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifax(f): 5:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
@nefertitiram, so sorry about ur loss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wumicipm(f): 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
thanks.
Phema:

Ai France does not have a policy. But, endeavour to have your fit to fly handy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gbemileke14: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
I flew arik @ 30 weeks. On getting to the airport, the guy at the counter walked up to me to confirm if I am pregnant and I said yes. He then said I should go to the port clinic to get a fit to fly certificate. I was just praying for favour all along. When I got to the clinic the matron used the tape to measure the bump fundal height and she recorded 27 weeks on the certificate. I was really happy, I gladly paid her the 1200 she requested for as the certificate fee.

Thanks..

Ok, so I checked their website.. Thank God I didn't buy..
Expectant Mothers
Expectant mothers are not regarded as PRM. Nevertheless, expectant mothers can be accepted until the end of week 34 on all domestic flights at their own risk. It shall be noted that between week 28 and week 34 of the pregnancy a doctor’s certificate is required.

Expectant mothers can be accepted until the end of week 30 on all international flights at their own risk. It shall be noted that between week 28 and week 30 of the pregnancy a doctor’s certificate is required. Exception to this rule on International flights only, Between the end of week 30 and end of week 34 Expectant mothers can still be accepted (with a doctor’s certificate) until the end of week 34, providing that the mother is returning to the country of her origin/residence for which they are in a possession of valid documents at the time of travel.
Doctor certificates presented at the time of check-in must be issued within 7 days of travel otherwise You might be refused to travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by major1p: 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
beautyx5: Hello House,

I am also thinking of flying BA at 35 weeks. I dont understand why their policy should state one thing and they do something else at the time to board the flight.

Doesn't seem right. Does anyone have any experience with flying BA at 35weeks or 36 weeks?

BA sticks to their policy as long as you have your fit to fly letter which I think must be issued recently. The letter must state categorically that you're fit to fly. I flew them some weeks ago in my 35th week. 34+5 actually.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by major1p: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
nefertitiram: Hi All,
I lost my babies, poor handling in ICU here in Nigeria, even at 7 months. Another reason why everybody needs to have their baby in the US! I pray no one experiences this kind of loss in Jesus Name,
I have managed to move on. Time to go back to the drawing board, sad loss after trying for a number of years.
I cannot question God.

So sorry about your loss Nef. God will restore double. There's a reason He permitted it and we just have to trust His will. *hugs*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
@NErf so sorry for your loss. May the good Lord comfort you. You shall have double for your troubles and affliction shall not rise a second time. Pls mamas, I need to buy maternity dresses ASAP. This my baby has refused I wear anything clingy or tight. Jeans, trousers n leggings na no go area, feel so frustrated on them. I don't really like the ones I'm seeing online. Pls is any1 coming back soon to NAija from ELpaso?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by princessrbt: 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
I lost my babies, poor handling in ICU here in Nigeria, even at 7 months. Another reason why everybody needs to have their baby in the US! I pray no one experiences this kind of loss in Jesus Name,
I have managed to move on. Time to go back to the drawing board, sad loss after trying for a number of years.
I cannot question God.

OMG, so sorry to hear about this. my heart goes out to you and your family. there shall be no more loss ijn
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tvegas:

@Mamacajah, I checked priceline for you few mins ago and found, Delta,Airfrance and KLM with quotes of around $2,300 for your trip to Augusta,GA.

The alternative on priceline is to find a cheap flight to JFK and take a domestic flight to Augusta ,If you dont mind the stress of checking in your baggage twice .I found that Virgin has a $1,570 to JFK, while US airways has a $286 to Augusta from JFK. Total = $1,856. I selected October 2nd as your departure date,so the dates also matter. Take time to check this on a computer,you will see several options. Cheers

Thanks Tvegas but the stress of carrying baby on my return means i need to book a direct flight which my hubby has insisted upon. I really appreciate your love and concern. GOD bless you! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LeonessAug: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
So sorry about your loss Nerf, God will reward you bountifully IJN.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 8:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
I was in the same boat with my first pregnancy. I ended up going to the market to buy chiffon and light cotton fabrics and got my tailor to make me a whole bunch of shift dresses. That's what I wore throughout my pregnancy.

malory84: @NErf so sorry for your loss. May the good Lord comfort you. You shall have double for your troubles and affliction shall not rise a second time. Pls mamas, I need to buy maternity dresses ASAP. This my baby has refused I wear anything clingy or tight. Jeans, trousers n leggings na no go area, feel so frustrated on them. I don't really like the ones I'm seeing online. Pls is any1 coming back soon to NAija from ELpaso?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 9:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
mamacajah:
Thanks Tvegas but the stress of carrying baby on my return means i need to book a direct flight which my hubby has insisted upon. I really appreciate your love and concern. GOD bless you! grin
You are welcome, i forgot you will be travelling back in multiples . A direct flight will be easier.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello mamas,

Please has anyone used United Airlines? What was your experience? I would like to use them to Atlanta as they currently have the lowest price at N231k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
mimibe: @ impish, thanks for the information. Pls where did you stay in Atlanta? Hotel or family? If hotel, kindly furnish me with info.

@impish, were you induced? Is there a charge for induction?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by afosahid: 10:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
SisiOlu: Hi guys, this thread has been very helpful. I had my baby in Chicago for total of 5500 (3000 for hospital and 1500 for antenatal n delivery). It was ata discounted rate for Self-pay Package I had a fantastic experience - antenatal, delivery, baby shopping, e.t.c. I used an agent who hooked me up with an apartment, cab guy dt gave me many discounts, shipper, rite places to shop for baby, food, e.t.c @ cool prices; tourist attractions. I had a wonderful experience in all @ a discounted price. For more details snd me an email on fayo2k2@yahoo.com
@sisiolu I sent you an email requesting for the details of the obs/gyn u used in Chicago but I did not get a response from you. Kindly provide these details as it will be helpful for myself and my wife.
thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 10:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
I hope I wont b brand as a marketer again bt ppl ve bn telln me about issues of accommodation in houston.A friend dt lives there started her own services recently.Ure not compelled to but I jst want to share for those still having accomodation issues in Houston.
Pls contact her by sendn mail to blessedmothershomecare@yahoo
com.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malihamlagos: 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tvegas:

Sorry about your denial. Truth is majority of VO's love genuine and cheerful spenders on their economy. Trust me, They've seen hospital quotes of 10k, 20k etc so Presenting a miserly delivery letter of $3k may not sit well with some. As a rule of thumb I will advice future applicants to go with a minimum of 12k to 15k budget with the delivery portion hovering around 7k minimum. The higher that portion is the better. El paso gave me a 5k quote but I increased it to 7k on the budget the VO saw. The aim is to show that I am up to the task. Since The denial is based on MIHS letter get a higher quote from another hospital and apply at the same consulate. Wish you the best.

NB: On another note ma'am you just registered on NL spending just 20mins and my mischevious mind kept wondering "hope no one is trying to settle scores with MIHS letter since I brought EL PASO letter under the radar". grin? . I know those 2 places have die hard fans and aggressive marketers here . Dont mind my thinking o,it can be funny. One love. grin

LOL! Thank you Tvegas. Well then I sincerely hope to get paid for my marketing!!! We will be doing the interview again and I have enrolled with doctoresparati.com (thanks to your recommendation!). Hopefully Gods grace shines on us and finds it in our destiny to have our baby in the US. Communication has been very straight forward and easy. Wish us luck and Gods favor!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
@ Nef, i just want to say the Lord knows best and be sure that the glory of the latter shall be greater than the formal. You shall smile at last
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
Phema: For those going to Phoenix; I tried calling other Hospitals in Phoenix and non has an all-inclusive maternity package like MIHS. They could only tell the hospital fees which is about $3k for almost all of them. You will have to get your own Dr, pay him/her, also pay for epidural, Paediatrician, Aneasthesiologist, laboratory test etc.

However, I got one hospital (Northwest Medical Centre) in Tucson, AZ which offers a maternity package plan (again, just hospital fees) for $1800 and $350 for epidural. Excludes Dr's fees, Paediatrician fees, lab tests etc

This is me, signing out on the searching game. Will just have to wait till I get MIHS new price to make a decision between MIHS and Doctores Para Ti.

Chei! I speak English tire today. From Naija accent to fake American one to even middle eastern one sef, sotey my credit finish. I load another one again, them finish am. I don try! angry

Lol @accent....no be small thing. Kudos to you.
Pls note Tucson is about 2.5 hrs away from Phoenix. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Web005: 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
I cannot question God.

My heart and soul goes out to you dear, my story is just like yours but they were 20wks old. God was and still is my strength, hold on to him, he will definitely restore in 100 folds. As I pray everyday, affiliction will not rise up again in Jesus name. May the heavens console you. Stay strong and hold on to God. He will never fail u!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 11:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
[quote author=shelly23]I was in the same boat with my first pregnancy. I ended up going to the market to buy chiffon and light cotton fabrics and got my tailor to make me a whole bunch of shift dresses. That's what I wore throughout my pregnancy.

I think I might just do that. The ones my sister ordered for me from motherhood ended up being so short coz I'm tall. by the time height plus belle carry the thing finish, it required i use leggings which is a big NO. Thanks for this suggestion.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 2:49am On Sep 19, 2014
Hello flowers, I know of accomodation very close to oakbend. Dr fagbohun should be able to give you the details. Just send him an email. Cheers

Flowers: @Nefertitiram:Sorry about the loss, may God grant you strength and speedy recovery.

Please who is heading to Oakbend in December? Which accommodation is nice and closer to the hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 3:07am On Sep 19, 2014
Hello Nefertitiram,

The great God who blessed you with twins does not tire or retire. I know for sure that HE WILL bless you with more children IJN. Amen

Just look at the outpouring of love here for you, you will be alright dear sister! We love you! Keep your head up! You are still alive and so you have HOPE. Your testimonies are coming soon ok.

Big Hugs mama!!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=Mrsfad2014][/quote]

I stayed in a rented apartment

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.