Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381975 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
@dserious, you can't travel at 38weeks! that's too late and quite risky. the latest you should travel is 36 weeks, no airline will carry you at 38 weeks and it would be stressful for you at that stage.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2014
@zina24, check my posts, you will find information on birthing centres in NJ but plan for 10k-20k max for delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kpofkpof: 5:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
Please can anyone in the house give me a reliable hospital in the US where i can go for Fibroid treatment. I have been having difficulty in conceiving and upon investigations, they realised that i have multiple Fibroids which may have blocked my fallopian tubes as their HSG report says Bilateral Tubal Blockage

I want to use the US considering the pecularity of this case.

Looking forward to urgent and genuine responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by rul77(f): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
@kpofkpof I suggest u try India to me dey re d best in such matters someone did hers der nd dey said it's been sealed forever,dey re very good...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 7:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ibtisam24: Dear house do you any contact or address of notary in Phoenix and the cost? My hobby should give me a latter to allow me apply for baby's passport if he does not be here the time of delivering baby.

Go to www.yellowbook.com, then search for "notary public" in the zipcode close to where you are staying i.e. 85XXX. Then call their phone no to get more info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
kpofkpof: Please can anyone in the house give me a reliable hospital in the US where i can go for Fibroid treatment. I have been having difficulty in conceiving and upon investigations, they realised that i have multiple Fibroids which may have blocked my fallopian tubes as their HSG report says Bilateral Tubal Blockage

I want to use the US considering the pecularity of this case.

Looking forward to urgent and genuine responses.

Have u tried Kedi products for fibroids?. Lots n lots of testimonies abound on this product.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ehido:

Pls how did you the booking from intown suites, I have been trying to book but i dont seem to get any reservation email sent to my box even when it says so on their site. I have cross checked my email and its very correct, I'm stock with intown suites now cos thats what I filled in my visa application as where we will be staying, I dont want to raise any form of suspicion by booking another hotel in el paso.

After completing your online booking, click send and wait for som seconds or mins and the reservation confirmation will appear. Print and use. Note that u must wait to print it as this is not sent to your email addy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
@naijamumcarephx thank you for advice.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
Please house I need the site address were I can make reservation booking at intown suite.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by trav(m): 2:37am On Jul 25, 2014
Good Morning or Good evening all depending on which part of the world you are. Its 2.35 am in Lagos now and 6.35 pm in Phoenix. Please any is one staying at Crossland Economy studios Phoenix West on McDowell reading this right now? I need your assistance. It is urgent and critical and as to do with my family and sincerely I don't know where else to turn to. Please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LeonessAug: 3:36am On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by trav(m): 8:14am On Jul 25, 2014
Thank you all. Issue resolved. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kpofkpof: 10:00am On Jul 25, 2014
egariyi:
Have u tried Kedi products for fibroids?. Lots n lots of testimonies abound on this product.

I havent tried it. Because of the severity of this case, i have decided to get it all out and quickly conceive by God's Grace. Age is not on my side and that of my husband.

Most people say this herbs dont work and even if they do, they may take a longer time.

However, i will look up Kedi prducts on the net.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dakotchic(f): 10:54am On Jul 25, 2014
kpofkpof:

I havent tried it. Because of the severity of this case, i have decided to get it all out and quickly conceive by God's Grace. Age is not on my side and that of my husband.

Most people say this herbs dont work and even if they do, they may take a longer time.

Thank you.
My candid advice is that if you want to have fibroids removed, you should look for a good gynaecologist in Nigeria. Ask around and get referrals. This is because fibroid is seen mostly in black people thus doctors who see this condition often tend to treat it better, you may be surprised that very few western(US inclusive) have ever seen and treated fibroid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2014
mamacajah: @ebonyademi, does this cover hospital bills or only doctors' bills? I got this email from WHMC previous when I was searching for hospitals in houston as well.

"Congrats on your pregnancy! We are taking new clients. We provide complete maternity care and do both home births and birth center births. Our self pay package fee is $4,000. This includes prenatals, standard labs, labor and birth, and postpartum checkups. Of course, you can make payments. A non-refundable $400 payment is due down towards your total at your first prenatal visit. This does not include, pediatric care, circumcision, emergency transport, ultrasound( if needed), additional lab testing (if needed). "

So we do need to clarify what it is. If I remember correctly, others who used WHMC paid hospitals seperately from doctor's fee (before the tsunami on the site). I hope others who used Dr. La would help us on this. Thanks.

It excludes hospital which is about $2,500 for whmc.

Dr la is the most expensive dr in whmc. Go to their website and contact other doctors with admission privileges at the hospital. The others average $2,000 to $2,500 for what dr la charges $4,000

There are other hospitals/ drs in Houston you can also consider like oakbend, Methodist, etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 11:29am On Jul 25, 2014
ebonyademi: i got info on an hospital in houston http://westhoustonmedical.com/ for some of us considering houston. Dr. La. email addy: sharshman@doctorla.com. you can send her a mail for the the break down on all maternity package. find attached what i got from her

That pricing has even revised upwards. Email them for the current pricing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ehido(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2014
egariyi:
After completing your online booking, click send and wait for som seconds or mins and the reservation confirmation will appear. Print and use. Note that u must wait to print it as this is not sent to your email addy.

I have tried what u said, even tried it again this morning, a blank page comes up telling me that the reservation was successful and to expect email shortly but nothing after that, I have tried with three different browsers firefox, internet explorer and google chrome, so i think its not a browser compatibility problem. if anybody has gotten a booking from intown suites in the last 1 week kindly explain to me how it was done.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2014
@Ehido, have you checked you bulk/spam folder?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nikkygal(f): 11:50am On Jul 25, 2014
uchetobi:

It excludes hospital which is about $2,500 for whmc.

Dr la is the most expensive dr in whmc. Go to their website and contact other doctors with admission privileges at the hospital. The others average $2,000 to $2,500 for what dr la charges $4,000

There are other hospitals/ drs in Houston you can also consider like oakbend, Methodist, etc

I agree! I don't understand the basis for Dr La's sharp increase in price....I guess he's now made enough money from Nigerian women , so he's become choosy. I'll advice anyone looking to use WHMC to check out other gyneas there as you could pay as low as $1800 sef.

@Uchetobi, hope you're good? Kisses to the baby...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egariyi(f): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2014
Ehido:

I have tried what u said, even tried it again this morning, a blank page comes up telling me that the reservation was successful and to expect email shortly but nothing after that, I have tried with three different browsers firefox, internet explorer and google chrome, so i think its not a browser compatibility problem. if anybody has gotten a booking from intown suites in the last 1 week kindly explain to me how it was done.

Thanks.

Perhaps, you do it through their reservation line at +1 800-553-9338. Sometimes their website can be funny. It happened to me but I kept trying it until it went through one of these days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nikkygal(f): 11:57am On Jul 25, 2014
kpofkpof:

Thank you.

I can imagine how you feel about this. I have about 3 very good friends in the US that had fibroid challenges and conceived an average of about 3-6months after the surgery. Having said that, i 've also heard that the kedi product is quite effective for fibroids too....but i only read that on NL sha so i can't testify to it personally.

If you have the means and can afford to go abroad for the surgery, if all else fails, then please don't hesitate...A close friend's sister had her fibroid surgery in the US just a few months ago...hers was really bad, they removed like 14 balls of growth from her uterus.. And i'm aware there's a certain type of technology (robotics) they use in doing this to avoid scarring the uterus (adhesions)..so as not to that create conception problems post-surgery.

I wish you the very best...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 11:59am On Jul 25, 2014
nikkygal:

I agree! I don't understand the basis for Dr La's sharp increase in price....I guess he's now made enough money from Nigerian women , so he's become choosy. I'll advice anyone looking to use WHMC to check out other gyneas there as you could pay as low as $1800 sef.

@Uchetobi, hope you're good? Kisses to the baby...

Hey dear, I'm good thanks

Hope you are too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Thanks @Mamacajah, noted.

Pls anyone that has had a C-Section at MIHS let me know the price

@egariyi, leonessaug and blessyn 83 i sent u emails, kindly respond so i can send my bb pin to u, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kpofkpof: 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
nikkygal:

I can imagine how you feel about this. I have about 3 very good friends in the US that had fibroid challenges and conceived an average of about 3-6months after the surgery. Having said that, i 've also heard that the kedi product is quite effective for fibroids too....but i only read that on NL sha so i can't testify to it personally.

If you have the means and can afford to go abroad for the surgery, if all else fails, then please don't hesitate...A close friend's sister had her fibroid surgery in the US just a few months ago...hers was really bad, they removed like 14 balls of growth from her uterus.. And i'm aware there's a certain type of technology (robotics) they use in doing this to avoid scarring the uterus (adhesions)..so as not to that create conception problems post-surgery.

I wish you the very best...

Thank you Dear. The reason why i want to do the surgery abroad is beacuse of the technology they use. This robotics thing that reducing adhesion. Because accorrding to my Gynaecologist here in Lagos, he said the position of the largest fibroid is bad, it is sitting on the tubes and kind of blocking it and if they touch it, it will lead to scar tissues which will cause more problems.

Please can you ask your friend where the surgery was done and how much was involved.

Im currently discussing with St John's Health Centre and their bill is on the high side because i dont have insurance.

please help me find out.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nikkygal(f): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
kpofkpof:

Thank you Dear. The reason why i want to do the surgery abroad is beacuse of the technology they use. This robotics thing that reducing adhesion. Because accorrding to my Gynaecologist here in Lagos, he said the position of the largest fibroid is bad, it is sitting on the tubes and kind of blocking it and if they touch it, it will lead to scar tissues which will cause more problems.

Please can you ask your friend where the surgery was done and how much was involved.

Im currently discussing with St John's Health Centre and their bill is on the high side because i dont have insurance.

please help me find out.

Thank you

I'll try to help you find out...I hope they'll give me the details sha because you know people can be funny! However, I'll still advise you talk to other hospitals that accept self-paying patients like Del Sol (El paso), WHMC, MIHS etc. They support international patients in other medical fields, not necessarily birthing only...I remember that even the WHMC website has the prices for some of these other services for self-paying patients.

Send a mail to these hospitals as they are used to International patients and are still fairly priced...To the best of my knowledge these hospitals are good and should be able to handle your case.

I'll let you know if i get any further details from her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AngelicBola83(f): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
@kpofkpof i would advise that you start a thread or direct your enquiries to the TTC forum so that you get more response.

The surgery center of oklahoma here http://www.surgerycenterok.com/ has a self pay rate which might be reasonable, you may want to contact them.

I wish you all the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IjayMama: 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hey Nairalanders, great discussions & great people here who have been very helpful to others. I've followed d thread only for a few wks and I did get some helpful tips, therefore I'll share a few too. Although I'm a frequent traveler to the US , this time I was traveling to have my first baby and I was nervous. Anyways,I arrived on Monday morning, POE Houston. Was asked d usual question abt d purpose of my trip,said summer vacation, then d officer asked if I'm expecting a baby to which I said yes. He told me to step aside and sent me to d secondary investigation rm. I waited for abt 30mins and was called into a rm. d guy asked what I'm in d US for, and I sincerely said to have a baby. He asked if I had contacted a hospital and had any correspondence, I said I hve contacted a hospital but they won't discuss with me till they see my physically, that is their policy. He asked of the name of the hospital, I told him. He asked if I had cash, I said yes. Hw much? I said $9800. He told me to bring it out and hand to him. I did. He counted it one by one, was satisfied and handed d cash back to me. Then he said I shldnt accept any form of aid from d hospital even if it's offered to me and I shld ensure I pay all my bills and issued a zero balance on the receipt from the hospital as I'll be requested to show it on my next entry or visa application to the US. And I was let in. One lesson is to be sincere and the other is to carry CASH not Naija ATM cards cos they can't tell hw much u hve on ur card. Sufficient cash and ur ATM is gd too. Even if you have paid your medical bill in advance, it pays to still have cash on you at the POE.

P.S.
For those coming to Houston, I registered with Methodist Hospital. Their hospital bill is $2538 for vaginal delivery and $3780 for CS. Epidural is an additional $1500 which is optional. And I chose Dr. Le whose bill is $1500 for delivery and prenatal visits which include ultrasound scans and prenatal vitamins. The only thing not included in this package is tests which are not compulsory esp if you have done them in Nigeria. This is a fair deal & my first visit yesterday was gd. Don't 4get to come with your medical report from Nigeria as this will come in handy for the Dr, they won't want to take up your case blindly.
Regards.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AngelicBola83(f): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
@ Ijay Mama. Which of the methodist hospital is that, because there is a Methodist Willowbrook hospital.

Are you sure about the test part, because there are some test that is compulsory in the USA and are not done in Nigeria.

Can you provide the full name of the Doctor please, and at what month max does she accept patients.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TK2014: 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
TK2014: @Jyde2014 and Uchetobi, thanks for your response.

I don't have much time left due date is in september, I would call them on monday.

@Jyde2014, please was your wife interviewed at their Lagos or Abuja office and how was she later contacted (via e-mail or phone).

@Jyde2014 please I have not received any response from you based on the question asked above.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nikkygal(f): 6:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
TK2014:

@Jyde2014 please I have not received any response from you based on the question asked above.

I know someone that used Del sol(El paso) hospital was put on AP about 2wks ago when he & his wife went for their visa interview...But as God will have it, they were mailed just a few days ago to come & pick up their visas...Their interview was in Abuja. So I'll suggest you mail them or call them repeatedly to find out the status of your AP.

**P.S - For the number to call the embassy, you can ask on the USA student visa thread! It's quite popular there**

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.