Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,311 members, 7,815,564 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380237 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dechica: 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
hawtmum: Hi people. I thought i should share this info with d house, for those considering Maryland. I had my baby at PG hospital in June and i used Dr A.G Chaudry/Dr Akoda.
Doc's fee including all visits n tests $2514
Hospital: Mother $3539.16, Baby $797.14
Total $6,850.30

@ Hawtmum, I went to PG and they said the bill is 10k without doctor's fee and anesthesiologist (if needed). When were you there cos I went there last month
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by acube2002: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
@hawtmum : Can you please help with Dr A.G Chaudry/Dr Akoda email address or phone number to contact them would appreciate it , Thanks .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
@hawtmum, you are so lucky to get that bill from PG, I called and was told 10-12k for CS delivery, and dat excludes doc's fees n anestheologist. I dont want to risk hoping for discount and get stuck with huge bills if im not lucky.

Infact i also checked with Holy cross hospital and d cost was about d same. Maryland is so expensive, wish i can get something cheaper there, else i ll kuku stick with dear cheap MIHS.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by princessrbt: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2014
tyty24: Hi people, I have followed the message threads and I would like to
thank everyone who has contributed positively to this forum.
But I have sone few concerns and I need some urgent suggestions.
I applied while single for a B1/B2 non immigrant visa un 2012 and I
was issued a 2 year visa which will be expiring in december this year.
I got married last year and I'm 5 months pregnant will be due in nov.
I travelled in may this year and returned in june with no hassles.
Let me go straight to the point.I intend to have my first baby in the
US. but is it advisable I still use my valid visa and make my intentions
known when I get to the POEand I present my marriage certificate to
them or should I renew my visa?
I will be residing in arlington Dallas. does anyone have any idea of an
affordable hospital and a doctor one can contact for gynae.

@tyty24, I don' know if this is still useful. However, matlock OBGYN charge $2000 for gyne, sonogram is btw $100-200 depending on the numbers of sonogram, and hospital bill is $3300.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2014
IyaTwins84:

Gwinnett medical and emory John's creek hospital. It depends on where You stay ecause You won't want to drive for hours when You are in labour

Hi iyatwins. Sorry to ask.again but how does Gwyneth medical work? Cousin of mine is thinking of using them, but she's prepping for her.own interview,so she wanted to know if they are forth coming with price quotes,etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifeoluwawa(f): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
U
Mrsfad2014: hello people, pls i need advise seriously, i will be due in Jan but plan to travel in Oct. I have 2 years visa which i Av used with my family in dec last year to stay in Florida for a month. My agent said i need to send mail to embassy to tell them of my intention to delivery in the US. Pls is it compulsory to do that? If yes, which address will i send the mail ? My visa is still valid April 2015. Furthermore, i need help in getting a self catering studio in Houston, anywhere close to WHMC as i plan using the hospital. I will appreciate any info.
what do you mean by 'self catering studio'??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dammiejolaade: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello, please I will like to know the cost implication for child delivery in the US and also cheapest states or city for delivery including cheap accommodation. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello House, I sent a mail to Dr La at WHMC and got a reply that his fee is $3400 excluding pediatric and some other things. I feel that's too much, can anyone in the house help me with any other good Doctor that will not charge this much in WHMC. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello house,please can anyone explain the best way to pay $150 enrollment fee to doctoresparati?thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
hopefulme: Hello house,please can anyone explain the best way to pay $150 enrollment fee to doctoresparati?thank you

Easiest way is to tell them (Doctoresparati) to send you an invoice. There is an option of one paying with a Master card on the invoice. Click on that and fill in your card details. You will be required to open an emergency paypal account. Do that and you get your payment confirmation.

All this will take less than 10mins. Goodluck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello everyone, i am a new member. i want to give birth in USA, have never been there before, although i have been denied visa ones when i was still single but now I'm married and expecting my first child. I am looking for contacts of hospital/birth center that can provide accommodation for the child and mother on arrival and after giving birth in New york with affordable prices. i would also like to the know the cost estimate for both child delivery and accommodation. This will help us during our interview with VO by next month. i would like to mention that my hubby has been to USA a couple of time before when he was still single but his USA visa expired 2013.

your honest response would be appreciated. thank you.

Please it is very very urgent!!! your response will guide us on what to say or present during the interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hawtmum: 4:41am On Aug 14, 2014
Dechica:

@ Hawtmum, I went to PG and they said the bill is 10k without doctor's fee and anesthesiologist (if needed). When were you there cos I went there last month

I had my baby in june. I was given an estimate of 8k without dr's fee.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hawtmum: 4:43am On Aug 14, 2014
acube2002: @hawtmum : Can you please help with Dr A.G Chaudry/Dr Akoda email address or phone number to contact them would appreciate it , Thanks .
(301) 322-2127
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hawtmum: 4:53am On Aug 14, 2014
dserious: @hawtmum, you are so lucky to get that bill from PG, I called and was told 10-12k for CS delivery, and dat excludes doc's fees n anestheologist. I dont want to risk hoping for discount and get stuck with huge bills if im not lucky.

Infact i also checked with Holy cross hospital and d cost was about d same. Maryland is so expensive, wish i can get something cheaper there, else i ll kuku stick with dear cheap MIHS.
I was gonna leave Maryland for Arizona too. But i decided to take d risk, n stayed back. D trick is, make sure u don't spend more than one night n continue to emphasise that u're self pay, there's nothing to be shy about. In fact a lot of d nurses that were present @ my delivery are nigerians. So i kept telling them u know as e dey go, I'm self pay. So any service that is not so necessary i can avoid. And again if u have an uneventful delivery, ur bill is gonna be low. NICU is another thing that can raise one's bill. As long as baby is fine n i mean fine (doesn't need any treatment or extra service whatsoever) n ure fine, ur bill is gonna be low. My cousin had her baby in July n her bill was within d same range as mine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by princessrbt: 5:10am On Aug 14, 2014
Mrsfad2014: Hello House, I sent a mail to Dr La at WHMC and got a reply that his fee is $3400 excluding pediatric and some other things. I feel that's too much, can anyone in the house help me with any other good Doctor that will not charge this much in WHMC. Thanks

@Mrsfad2014, is WHMC your last option? If not and if you don't mind going to Dallas, Matlock ObGyn in Arlington Dallas charge $2000 for gynecologist and btw $100-$200 for sonogram/test. Also, what do you mean by self catering studio in one of you previous post.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Rahuag: 9:41am On Aug 14, 2014
Good day everyone, I am a first time on this valuable forum. I plan to travel this ending to give birth
Does anyone know any birthing centre /hospital in Miami, Florida. Interest prices, accommodation and others.
I would really appreciate your responses please .
God bless you all .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 10:09am On Aug 14, 2014
Grateful2014:
Don't know a lot about ticketing, so can't help. However, I think ticket to the US in the range of N280k - N330 will be reasonable.

On UK transit visa, no you do not need it if flying BA. I know this may be difficult to believe, I checked their website at the time and also wrote British deputy high commission in Lagos. UK boarder agency's site said no, Embassy said yes, so had to fly separately with my sis at the time. But when I flew, we didn't go through immigration, so I was comfortable buying a BA ticket for my mum later.

On when to notify embassy, will say asap. I notified the embassy November last year and didn't travel till end of April this year.

God bless sis, i think I should just get the ball rolling. I'm getting quotes for 330k right now for Dec to Houston so I guess that's fine.

I guess I have just been procrastinating...reading forum of what other people have done, and actually getting down to the work of calling hospital, securing dr, booking ticket etc. na totally different matter!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2014
dammiejolaade: Hello, please I will like to know the cost implication for child delivery in Arizona and including cheapest accommodation. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2014
princessrbt:

@Mrsfad2014, is WHMC your last option? If not and if you don't mind going to Dallas, Matlock ObGyn in Arlington Dallas charge $2000 for gynecologist and btw $100-$200 for sonogram/test. And if you need accommodation, let me know I can link you up. Also, what do you mean by self catering studio in one of you previous post.
@Princesrbt, I wouldn't mind Dallas seriously. But what's the cost of delivery?also kindly link me with the accommodation. Self catering is an apartment where I can make food my myself, possibly an apartment with all furnitures.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2014
justwise: @All

Please be mindful of who you contact in private for accommodation or other services relating to child birth in US, not everybody here can be trusted. When you get scammed please don't come back here to accuse Seun and mods of covering scammers as some have alleged before.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifeoluwawa(f): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2014
BVNO: Hello everyone, i am a new member. i want to give birth in USA, have never been there before, although i have been denied visa ones when i was still single but now I'm married and expecting my first child. I am looking for contacts of hospital/birth center that can provide accommodation for the child and mother on arrival and after giving birth in New york with affordable prices. i would also like to the know the cost estimate for both child delivery and accommodation. This will help us during our interview with VO by next month. i would like to mention that my hubby has been to USA a couple of time before when he was still single but his USA visa expired 2013.

Please it is very very urgent!!! your response will guide us on what to say or present during the interview.

Hi BVNO,
You can send a mail to rgmail.com and am sure you will get all the info u require especially accommodation.

All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 11:42am On Aug 14, 2014
ifeoluwawa:

Hi BVNO,
You can send a mail to .......gmail.com and am sure you will get all the info u require especially accommodation.

All the best.

Whose email address is that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
Mod Alert! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2014
BVNO: Hello everyone, i am a new member. i want to give birth in USA, have never been there before, although i have been denied visa ones when i was still single but now I'm married and expecting my first child. I am looking for contacts of hospital/birth center that can provide accommodation for the child and mother on arrival and after giving birth in New york with affordable prices. i would also like to the know the cost estimate for both child delivery and accommodation. This will help us during our interview with VO by next month. i would like to mention that my hubby has been to USA a couple of time before when he was still single but his USA visa expired 2013.

New York ke? Just budget like $15k, I was fishing around for hosps in NY and they were so scary I abandoned my plans, till I joined this thread grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
Yes o! Mod alert!! I have never seen the @ifeoluwawa here before..
Ladies, most of the questions you are asking have been answered here.. Just try and read through all the pages. Fotunately, its just 90 pages now, unfortunately about 150 pages of solid info was wiped off..
Desist from making personal contact with people who post "contact if you need this" line. Most times, they are fraudulent..
A word is enough for the wise..
justwise:

Whose email address is that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2014
@justwise

Totally agree, please just look for an extended stay studio apartment/suite in the city you are heading to.
My advice is: Google studio apartments in... city ... state or extended stay motels in ...city ...state. Contact the property itself, book appointments for a viewing.

You can stay in a hotel for the 1st few days while you view the apartments and then make your choice. Always specify when contacting the property managers that you will like to pay weekly/monthly or whatever, and you will be staying for a few months. Their responses will inform your decision to make a arrange a viewing.
That was how I got the place I stayed with last year when I visited NY, and how I came across Siesta Palms in Arizona. I hope this helps for those of you looking for accommodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
anonymousmum:

God bless sis, i think I should just get the ball rolling. I'm getting quotes for 330k right now for Dec to Houston so I guess that's fine.

I guess I have just been procrastinating...reading forum of what other people have done, and actually getting down to the work of calling hospital, securing dr, booking ticket etc. na totally different matter!

No way! 330k to Houston is high o! Or is it because it is december? try wakanow.com worldntraveland.com and travelstart.com.ng to compare prices
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 12:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
@justwise and all.....thanks a lot for the information. I appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.