Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380173 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 9:29am On Aug 15, 2014
[quote author=nefertitiram]

Ahhhh, nobody beats an alaroro like me.

I'd rather fly to New York (max. 214k) then take a domestic flight (US airways, american airlines, Jet Blue, return to el paso is 66k and to phoenix is 55k , I just checked on www.dohop.com).

If you have not booked your tickets yet, consider flying to Atlanta or NY then buy a domestic ticket at the airport. wink and save some cash!

Compare ticket prices on online agent platforms (not the airlines directly) then get the domestic ticket price on www.dohop.com, thank me later.

My dear, I travelled to elpaso last year with my 7months old. Because I wanted to save money, I flew JFK, then took American Airlines to elpaso. That was the most stressful journey ever. I paid less than 250 to JFK, then connecting flight to elpaso was a whooping 100k per person o. as per December period na, and the worst thing u will do for yourself is to book at the airport, they will use ur money to make up for all the cheap tickets they sold. And most domestic flights don't leave from JFK, but from
Laguardia airport. So na taxi , plus all your luggage you go carry again enter, you can be lucky to get a bus. Then on checking in, we were told that we had to pay for our luggages, we were charged 25$ for each luggage n we had 5 bags. We flew to Atlanta, then took another flight to houston, then to elpaso, all the flights going straight to elpaso from JFK were full. By the time I calculated the stress and then the money I was trying to save, I realized that it all summed up to what I would have paid as total ticket if I had taken a flight from abuja to elpaso. I felt so stupid! Will never try it again. Anybody trying to break the journey should go to expedia.com and compare the domestic flight of were your going to. It's not worth the stress. I am talking from experience. I am travelling in December again,this time around with heavy tummy, and my toddler. I no fit abeg.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mamatukwas: 9:34am On Aug 15, 2014
Morning Peeps...

So i came back to testify that we (Hubby and I) got our visa yesterday Whoop whoop smiley

It was really quite straight forward:

Us: Good Morning
VO: Good morning. Where in the Usa will you be going to?
Hubby: Georgia.
VO: What are you going there to do?
Hubby: My wife plans to have our baby and i will be going on vacation.
VO: Have you contacted a doctor?
Hubby: Yes and hands over relevant documentation.
VO: Browses through and makes some notes on her system.
VO: What do you do: We both answer.... What does the company i work for do (private firm), i clarify.
VO: Where in Georgia will you be staying?
Hubby: We booked a studio apartment
VO: How long will you be staying: I answer 11 weeks, Hubby says 3 weeks.
VO: How much does the accommodation cost?
Hubby: Approximately 3,000 dols for the entire duration.
VO: Can i see your statement? We pass her both of ours.
VO: Your Visa has been approved e.t.c....

We really really bless God... We didn't even bring out the budget we had prepared e.t.c My peeps don't be scared especially when you have nothing to hide. Dress well (I tried to cover my bump a bit, though it wasn't easy as im 30 weeks cheesy) and trust God... Also try and plan well especially as regards funds, but really sometimes even people with low funds are granted visa's so na God dey do am.

Ok i need anyone with info on how to get all my baby's documentation when i arrive the US to please vomit it smiley Especially if you had collated it before some pages were lost.

Thanks and have a lovely day.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 9:38am On Aug 15, 2014
@mamatukwas, big congrats to you. It was really easy breezy! Even with all the rumor going about that they have stopped giving visas because of this Ebola ish.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by trav(m): 10:27am On Aug 15, 2014
I want to give praise to God for the safe arrival of our princess on the 13th of August, 2014. My wife delivered at MIHS Phoenix and I give God all the glory, honour and adoration.
I also want to thank everyone who has contributed and continue to contribute towards making this thread a total success and a resource centre for giving birth in the USA.
I especially want to thank and appreciate LeonessAug for her love and care towards my family at Crossland despite just having her own baby. You are a lioness with a big and beautiful heart. Thank you

My good people I need direction on how to go about getting the sworn affidavit for my wife at the USA embassy as I may not be able to travel for another two weeks. Please do not tell me to go though the thread as I don’t have that time and I am too excited to do that.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 10:50am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello,

For those travelling in December, i will suggest you wait till end of September or early October before purchasing your ticket. i work with an airline and the summer prices will end by September 25th.

i would also be travelling by December ending but am going to New York.

Thank you.

@trav, congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 15, 2014
@Pamperme: I thought so too. Thanks for the heads up.

By the way, I'm loving you username *just what I need now* grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2014
Hello, guy!

If I apply alone for baby usa passport, I have to bring that form DS3053 from the father, I know that form has to be notarized in the same date of father signature. So could father notarize it with any notary in my country or just in USA Embassy?

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dechica: 11:13am On Aug 15, 2014
hawtmum:
I was gonna leave Maryland for Arizona too. But i decided to take d risk, n stayed back. D trick is, make sure u don't spend more than one night n continue to emphasise that u're self pay, there's nothing to be shy about. In fact a lot of d nurses that were present @ my delivery are nigerians. So i kept telling them u know as e dey go, I'm self pay. So any service that is not so necessary i can avoid. And again if u have an uneventful delivery, ur bill is gonna be low. NICU is another thing that can raise one's bill. As long as baby is fine n i mean fine (doesn't need any treatment or extra service whatsoever) n ure fine, ur bill is gonna be low. My cousin had her baby in July n her bill was within d same range as mine.

Thanks Hawt mum, how much was the initial deposit you paid? I think I'll apply the same method at HC, will tell my dr ahead that I want 1 day hosp stay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2014
@boldbabe Thanks a lot for the reply. @Mamatukwas congrats to you and the hubby on your visa approval, its comforting to know that they are still considering applications without bias due to the Ebola scare. We(hubby and i) will be having ours on September 9 and I'm praying all goes well by God's special grace. Planning to travel (to Elpaso) towards the end of October when I'll be 35weeks but now I'm a bit confused as to the route I should use. Doctores parati advised in their mail to me to use New York or Dallas preferably as POE avoiding Atlanta and Houston POE if at all possible. However, some people here on previous threads have described how they sailed through Atlanta POE without any hassles. Hmmn...
Anyone else going to be in Elpaso in October? Let's buddy up pls. Also can anyone advise as to the best time(when the prices will be cheapest) to buy tickets for my end of October trip. Thanks everyone and all the very best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kaffy055: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
hello peeps
just joined this forum today and am so glad about what av bin reading so far.if i had known this forum a long time wouldn't av lied about my intention of traveling.i actually wanted to go and av my child in d us but we applied as family for a visiting visa with my husband and child but was denied.but after reading dis page i want to make my intention known to d embassy by reapplying alone without my family.But i nid links to hospitals and doctor wit a very gud price either in New jersey or Texas,and wat document or papers do i nid from d hospital to take to d embassy to process the Visa.also other informations and procedures i need to know.
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
nikkygal:

I even forgot that part.....she think say she sharp....lol! Yankee local flights wey na just 1bag....Anything beyond that, na OYO oh...you'll pay dearly for it..cheesy By the time you even calculate the cost, hassle etc, you'll realise it's not worth it.

Lol, you are talking about the return trip. There are alaroro ways around it jor. Cargo everything you need to send back home through an agent. Some of them take like $3.20 per kilo. tongue Talk another one!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
[quote author=malory84][/quote]

Chai! Thank wasn't easy one bit! Sorry about your experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
naijamumcarephx: The DS 3053 - Parental Consent Form for American passport application. I've seen too many mums have heartaches over this form because of mistakes with the dates.
Pls tell the father of the baby to take a moment to check ALL THE DATES are correctly filled while he is still with the notary to avoid costly couriers payment.

an addition: They should not sign it before taking it to the American Embassy. The form is to be signed in front of the notary. Its written boldly there but people still make that mistake and have to repeat the process all over again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
Varvara: Hello, guy!

If I apply alone for baby usa passport, I have to bring that form DS3053 from the father, I know that form has to be notarized in the same date of father signature. So could father notarize it with any notary in my country or just in USA Embassy?

Thank you

I guess any respectable notary would do but to be on the safe side use the US embassy...whole process takes like 15mins max
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nmagirl1(f): 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2014
Hello All, please i need info on a good doctor in West Houston Medical Centre. i intend to use the hospital but need to clarify the doctor's fee.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nmagirl1(f): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mrsfad2014]@ Kween. Thanks so much for the information. I will send the mail earlier next week and update you of their response. Am happy we will be leaving Nija at the same period, kindly advise the airline you will be using and which hotel/ apartment you will be using. I planned staying with a cousin in Harris County , Houston for some days and later get a self catering apartment but when i checked extended stay hotel, i realised its too far to WHMC. Kindly advise on what to do. You can send me a mail on my personal box I await your prompt response.

@ Mrsfad2014,

I would be travelling to the US by October aswell to Houston specifically, could you share any info on the doctor you would be using in WHMC, my sister stays around that areas so am trying to check out the hospitals and probably contact a doctor before i travel.

Thank you

]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2014
Pamperme: Hello,

For those travelling in December, i will suggest you wait till end of September or early October before purchasing your ticket. i work with an airline and the summer prices will end by September 25th.

i would also be travelling by December ending but am going to New York.

Thank you.

@trav, congratulations!

@Pamperme-thanks for that because i intend travelling in december too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2014
Congrats to mamatukwas on your successful visa interview and trav on the safe delivery of mother and baby. GOD is good.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mamatukwas: Morning Peeps...

So i came back to testify that we (Hubby and I) got our visa yesterday Whoop whoop smiley

VO: What do you do: We both answer.... What does the company i work for do (private firm), i clarify.

We really really bless God... We didn't even bring out the budget we had prepared e.t.c My peeps don't be scared especially when you have nothing to hide. Dress well (I tried to cover my bump a bit, though it wasn't easy as im 30 weeks cheesy) and trust God... Also try and plan well especially as regards funds, but really sometimes even people with low funds are granted visa's so na God dey do am.

Ok i need anyone with info on how to get all my baby's documentation when i arrive the US to please vomit it smiley Especially if you had collated it before some pages were lost.

congratulations! !! I tap into this testimony o. Applying with hubby and son and pray we don't have any issues like you. Praise God!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2014
Congrats dear @mamatukwas.

I tap into your testimony!!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
Pamperme: Hello, For those travelling in December, i will suggest you wait till end of September or early October before purchasing your ticket. i work with an airline and the summer prices will end by September 25th.
i would also be travelling by December ending but am going to New York. Thank you.
@trav, congratulations!

Thanks pamperme for this tip but for those of us who want to leave early october, how does this pay us? i am already looking quite big and everyday I keep getting advice to leave early (30wks) so I am trying to wait till september to book as prices are still crazy right now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
Thank God that I'm a member of this informative forum.

Please, i have a question to ask and i need a genuine and urgent response.

During our visa application..in the column for duration of stay, my husband and i applied for 2weeks. Although he is the one that will be staying for two weeks while i stay back for child delivery, in addition he is the sponsor. We intend telling the VO of our reason for traveling during the interview (wife child =delivery (11 weeks) and hubby =vacation (2 weeks).

The question is this.

Will the duration of stay i filled in my form contradict my statement (as per child birth for 11 weeks), if I'm being asked the duration of stay?

secondly... Can someone pls help me out with any doctors email in NewYork, so that i will commence my email correspondence.....Please!!!!!!!

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
Thanks everyone for all the information shared. PLEASE my wife's EDD is November 18 (we are planning she leaves Nigeria October 3), and we've contacted a hospital/doctor in Houston, Texas. We have paid 100% of hospital bill for normal delivery ($3,100) and I am planning to make 100% of obGyn fees ($1,600) on Monday, August 18. However, we were at the US Embassy Office last Monday and our application was refused, but was told we can apply again at any time so I applied the next day, but yet to get an appointment date. I suspect 2 reasons. 1. Our travel and tour firm wasn't aware I had made payments so she had vacation and Walt Disney on the application forms. I didn't know before she submitted the forms but decided to be upright with the consular. She is going to the US to have our baby while I am going for vacation for 1 week. 2. My dressing was smart casual. I wore a pair of jeans on a short-sleeve shirt and converse. Normally, people think I'm like 8 years younger because of my baby face too. I'm 34 and I've been addressed as a 26-year old young man several times.

Question is, what's the experience with Abuja and Lagos? Do I schedule the new appointment in Abuja or come to Lagos? What's your dressing got to do with it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2014
Mamatukwas: Morning Peeps...

Please how much was your account balance as at then? You can give a range if you're not comfortable giving near-exact figures? Is the cash flow more important than current balance or the other way round? Are both equally important?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2014
nmagirl1: Mrsfad2014]@ Kween. Thanks so much for the information. I will send the mail earlier next week and update you of their response. Am happy we will be leaving Nija at the same period, kindly advise the airline you will be using and which hotel/ apartment you will be using. I planned staying with a cousin in Harris County , Houston for some days and later get a self catering apartment but when i checked extended stay hotel, i realised its too far to WHMC. Kindly advise on what to do. You can send me a mail on my personal box I await your prompt response.

@ Mrsfad2014,

I would be travelling to the US by October as well to Houston specifically, could you share any info on the doctor you would be using in WHMC, my sister stays around that areas so am trying to check out the hospitals and probably contact a doctor before i travel.

Thank you

]

My beautiful wife (and mother of our kids soon IJN) will be in Houston too in October by God's grace. We are using Methodist West Houston Hospital as it comes highly recommended. I can share details of the doctor we are using with you too. I hope she and you can get to connect so she doesn't get too home sick. Also, we are planning she stays with a family but I'm looking for a more affordable accommodation and will appreciate your recommendation(s).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 6:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
Curlie: Hi Everyone, this thread is most helpful. THANKS A LOT TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS.

Please do you think its okay for the wife to be the sponsor of a family trip, would they find that funny? Especially if the wife earns more than the husband... In my case, i got the Visa before we got married and had our baby in the US. My hubby was refused a Visa cos he didn't have any travel experience and they asked him how much he earns... Now, we all have a function to attend and my own Visa has expired too hence the need for both of us to go to the embassy. Also, does an application fee cover for both of us since we'll apply as group i.e family or we will pay individually?

Thanks again people!

I don't think there's anything wrong in the wife being the sponsor. You have to pay for each applicant.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
shelly23: Please has anyone renewed their visa through drop box and stated they were going to have a baby? I'm eligible for drop box, but I need to be sure i can state that I want to have my baby and include the relevant documents without jeopardizing my chances.

The other option would be to go to the embassy in person, but by then, I'll be almost 7 months pregnant, not sure I want to do that.

Please advise, thanks.

Please I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. I really need help. I've gotten a reasonable hospital and doctor in Orlando, I just want to be sure of what to do about my visa without jeopardizing my chances.

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2014
shelly23:

Please I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. I really need help. I've gotten a reasonable hospital and doctor in Orlando, I just want to be sure of what to do about my visa without jeopardizing my chances.

thanks

Of course you have to state the reason for your trip to US and attach all documents relating to it, anything other than that will put you in a difficult situation.

If you are going for child birth then state that clearly without withholding a single material from them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by BVNO: 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
Thank God that I'm a member of this informative forum.

During our visa application..in the column for duration of stay, my husband and i applied for 2weeks. Although he is the one that will be staying for two weeks while i stay back for child delivery, in addition he is the sponsor. We intend telling the VO of our reason for traveling during the interview (wife child =delivery (11 weeks) and hubby =vacation (2 weeks).

The question is this.

Will the duration of stay i filled in my form contradict my statement (as per child birth for 11 weeks), if I'm being asked the duration of stay?

secondly... Can someone pls help me out with any doctors email in NewYork, so that i will commence my email correspondence.....Please!!!!!!!

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2014
BVNO: Thank God that I'm a member of this informative forum.

The question is this.

Thank you
You need to explain that to the VO during the interview because 2 weeks is no where near what you need.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Beebee007: 7:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
I have been a silent follower of this thread (i think been over a year) never posted thou. I must say I have really learnt a lot from this which I used during our interview (Hubby, duaghter and I) July in Lagos. I was 5-6 months preggy during d interview

Below it is the transcript of our interview for the benefit of others:

VO: Purpose of our trip
US: child birth for me and vacation for hubby n duaghter
VO: Where do you work
Me: answered...
VO: What do you do there
Me: tells him.....
VO: For how long:
Me: 1 year... (that was stated on my letter from d office) but quickly added that i changed job last year and gave him some support doc (promotion letter and resignation letter) from my former office.
VO: how much do you earn
Me: Bleep,000 added excluding other allowances like .....
Turn to my Hubby.
VO: where do u work, tells him
VO: wht do you do there, tells him.
Have you travelled before: Yes to dubia (fam Vac) last year (that was our only travelling experience)
back to me.
VO:Do you have correspondence with the hospital
Me: handed over the letter from West houston and receipt of payment and my budget.
VO: how did you know abt the hospital
Me: My aunt in the US uses it.
VO: Will u stay with her: Me: yes.
VO: Your visa has been approved.

I must say it was just God. our bank statement was not checked, none of my hubby doc was checked, payslip was not checked.

Will be traveling in early Oct to use West houston medical centre, Dr La as my doc. just got my Delta airline ticket for N320k ( i had to buy it like that as the fare keeps increasing by the day).

Will keep following for more information as regrds Baby passport at all.

Thank u all

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IjayMama: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
anonymousmum: Hi Ijaymama,

I called Methodist Houston Sugarland, they transferred me from one department to another to no avail - no one was able to give me a quote.

I know that you have posted the prices for the hospital here but I just wanted to get confirmation from them directly...

Do you have a number I can call to speak to the relevant person who can give me these quotes?

thanks for your time smiley

2812747080, 2812747000, 2812768562.
Ure wlcm.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.