Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380184 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 12:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
nefertitiram:

No way! 330k to Houston is high o! Or is it because it is december? try wakanow.com worldntraveland.com and travelstart.com.ng to compare prices

Oh yeah?

This was a quote from an agent I use usually, I checked myself online (BA) and I got $1,951 which is like 321k...

I'll check these ones that you have posted...thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
@Hopefulme: Ask doctoresparati for their invoice and how to pay. In my case, they stated in the mail that they don't accept payment by cards from Nigeria. So had to pay using my dorms account
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
its even more than that as i paid about N350+ TO ELPASO using BA. It was the cheapest for me in september 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
@Hopefulme I paid mine to doctoresparati($150) through the bank to the account number they sent. @all hi everyone. Ive been following the thread silently for a while now and got to know about doctoresparati from on here. Thanks to everyone who takes out time to post valuable info and answer questions, God bless you all. I do have a few questions please: Does anyone who has used doctoresparati know about their child immunization schedules after birth and how much they cost? Secondly, please how long after birth were you able to fly back home with your baby as I keep feeling that flying when my baby will be 2months old might be too early and yet i dont want to have to wait for three months cos i"ll be staying on my own with my mum and the accomodation bills might be running too high. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
lizcom25: its even more than that as i paid about N350+ TO ELPASO using BA. It was the cheapest for me in september 2014

Ahhhh, nobody beats an alaroro like me.

I'd rather fly to New York (max. 214k) then take a domestic flight (US airways, american airlines, Jet Blue, return to el paso is 66k and to phoenix is 55k , I just checked on www.dohop.com).

If you have not booked your tickets yet, consider flying to Atlanta or NY then buy a domestic ticket at the airport. wink and save some cash!

Compare ticket prices on online agent platforms (not the airlines directly) then get the domestic ticket price on www.dohop.com, thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
lizcom25: @Hopefulme: Ask doctoresparati for their invoice and how to pay. In my case, they stated in the mail that they don't accept payment by cards from Nigeria. So had to pay using my dorms account

That was then. They accept card payments from Nigeria now since Paypal was opened to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
For people going in december, I think we should wait abit to book for flight. This is summer and tickets are still on the high side.

I feel air fare will reduce towards the end of summer.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2014
Phema: For people going in december, I think we should wait abit to book for flight. This is summer and tickets are still on the high side.

@Phema- thanks for that idea, cuz am planning on travelling in December.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
lol @ alaroro, Anything to save money though...

U know some of us are jjc for american waka waka grin.

nefertitiram:

I'd rather fly to New York (max. 214k) then take a domestic flight (US airways, american airlines, Jet Blue, return to el paso is 66k and to phoenix is 55k , I just checked on www.dohop.com).

If you have not booked your tickets yet, consider flying to Atlanta or NY then buy a domestic ticket at the airport. wink and save some cash!

Compare ticket prices on online agent platforms (not the airlines directly) then get the domestic ticket price on www.dohop.com, thank me later.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 2:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Phema: For people going in december, I think we should wait abit to book for flight. This is summer and tickets are still on the high side.

Yeah I agree with you. Maybe wait a bit make everybody cool down...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifeoluwawa(f): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
twizzie: Yes o! Mod alert!! I have never seen the @ifeoluwawa here before..
Ladies, most of the questions you are asking have been answered here.. Just try and read through all the pages. Fotunately, its just 90 pages now, unfortunately about 150 pages of solid info was wiped off..
Desist from making personal contact with people who post "contact if you need this" line. Most times, they are fraudulent..
A word is enough for the wise..

@twizzie n @justwise.....

I think u should think about what been scammed means before generalizing that sending emails or personal contact to get the info anyone needs is scamming. Am not asking anyone to send money to anybody for anything and am sure no one will be as gullible as you think to send money without seeing the services you are been rendered. As for not seeing me on here before, that's not a basis, there is always a first time. And the last time I checked, we are here to share information and not tackle.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hi Everyone, this thread is most helpful. THANKS A LOT TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS.

Please do you think its okay for the wife to be the sponsor of a family trip, would they find that funny? Especially if the wife earns more than the husband... In my case, i got the Visa before we got married and had our baby in the US. My hubby was refused a Visa cos he didn't have any travel experience and they asked him how much he earns... Now, we all have a function to attend and my own Visa has expired too hence the need for both of us to go to the embassy. Also, does an application fee cover for both of us since we'll apply as group i.e family or we will pay individually?

Thanks again people!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
ifeoluwawa:

I think u should think about what been scammed means before generalizing that sending emails or personal contact to get the info anyone needs is scamming. Am not asking anyone to send money to anybody for anything and am sure no one will be as gullible as you think to send money without seeing the services you are been rendered. As for not seeing me on here before, that's not a basis, there is always a first time. And the last time I checked, we are here to share information and not tackle.

This is simple....do not drop your email address here for some sort of 'link up'. Info is shared openly here to be fair and transparent to everybody.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by megastu(m): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
@Curlie,

You will pay seperate application fee. American Embassy is not so particular about who the sponsor is, anyway. Just be confident and sound convincing in your responses to questions. You both should be fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
@ifeoluwawa, no one is calling you a "scammer", but it's a general custom here that if you have an information that will be useful, please divulge openly.. Sending you a message just sounds scheming..
As for not seeing you here before, that's a major pointer that you are just here to advertise/ make gain(whether or not you will be helping out) If your first post ever is sending out your email addy for people to contact you privately, then it REALLY IS SUSPICIOUS!

ifeoluwawa:

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
nefertitiram: Ahhhh, nobody beats an alaroro like me. I'd rather fly to New York (max. 214k) then take a domestic flight (US airways, american airlines, Jet Blue, return to el paso is 66k and to phoenix is 55k , I just checked on www.dohop.com). If you have not booked your tickets yet, consider flying to Atlanta or NY then buy a domestic ticket at the airport. wink and save some cash!Compare ticket prices on online agent platforms (not the airlines directly) then get the domestic ticket price on www.dohop.com, thank me later.

This sounds real good but what of the stress of carrying baby for the return trip? thats my challenge. my fare for now is over $2,500 and i am just waiting for 1st week september to book. I hear that's when prices normally drop.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2014
Hello NLander's,

For Mum's that are El-paso bound, what flights did you use to ensure Dallas or JFK as your POE? I plan to travel @35weeks and wanted to use Delta airlines. But I noticed that the first stop is usually at Atlanta. Does this make Atlanta my POE?

Your responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nikkygal(f): 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
nefertitiram:

You make a good point however, combining local flights with your international flights might not be as smooth as you think. If you are a sole traveller going on a vaction, that's fine...I've done that quite a number of times in the US to save money as well wink But when you're a preggy traveller, it could be quite hectic doing that and your return trip will be crazy!!!! Carrying baby, bags, possibly even switching airports (depending on the state) will make you so wasted ehn, you'll regret it.... The only other option is to possibly stay over in New york (or the primary stop) over night or for a few days before connecting to your base and do same on your return to reduce the hassle.

Please do ijebu when you're alone not when you're stressed with a baby and have quite a bit of stuff. That's why it's even advisable not to have too many connections on your flight so as not to stress you out all in a bid to save some money...People that fly Emirate or Etihad sef know how far....lol! Houston is far and i can't remember paying less than about 260k ever for any of my LAG-IAH flights in the last few years.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PeaceF(f): 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
Anyone had triplets in the US? Am expecting triplets. I wish to have the babies in Atlanta. I have 2 daughters and will like to take then along. can't leave them for 3 months or more. I will take my mum too and employ a nanny there when the babies come as money is not an issue here. Will it be easy to get visa for myself, 2 daughters and my mum. Please I need advice

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
PeaceF: Anyone had triplets in the US? Am expecting triplets. I wish to have the babies in Atlanta. I have 2 daughters and will like to take then along. can't leave them for 3 months or more. I will take my mum too and employ a nanny there when the babies come as money is not an issue here. Will it be easy to get visa for myself, 2 daughters and my mum. Please I need advice

Wow! Congrats! Triplets!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
nikkygal:

You make a good point however, combining local flights with your international flights might not be as smooth as you think. If you are a sole traveller going on a vaction, that's fine...I've done that quite a number of times in the US to save money as well wink But when you're a preggy traveller, it could be quite hectic doing that and your return trip will be crazy!!!! Carrying baby, bags, possibly even switching airports (depending on the state) will make you so wasted ehn, you'll regret it.... The only other option is to possibly stay over in New york (or the primary stop) over night or for a few days before connecting to your base and do same on your return to reduce the hassle.

Please do ijebu when you're alone not when you're stressed with a baby and have quite a bit of stuff. That's why it's even advisable not to have too many connections on your flight so as not to stress you out all in a bid to save some money...People that fly Emirate or Etihad sef know how far....lol! Houston is far and i can't remember paying less than about 260k ever for any of my LAG-IAH flights in the last few years.

Great insight! Food for thoughts for Alaroros!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lekiks: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
beautyx5: Hello But I noticed that the first stop is usually at Atlanta. Does this make Atlanta my POE?

Your responses would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Hi beauty, yes it makes atlanta your Poe, i used delta as well though i am at phoenix, i advice you travel with the docs you used for ur visa int cos they ask questions.... nutin to worry abt though if u have nutin to hide. Good luck n safe trip
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by princessrbt: 6:33pm On Aug 14, 2014
Mrsfad2014: @Princesrbt, I wouldn't mind Dallas seriously. But what's the cost of delivery?also kindly link me with the accommodation. Self catering is an apartment where I can make food my myself, possibly an apartment with all furnitures.

@Mrsfad2014, hospital bill is $3300.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
PeaceF: Anyone had triplets in the US? Am expecting triplets. I wish to have the babies in Atlanta. I have 2 daughters and will like to take then along. can't leave them for 3 months or more. I will take my mum too and employ a nanny there when the babies come as money is not an issue here. Will it be easy to get visa for myself, 2 daughters and my mum. Please I need advice
First of all congrats on the triplets. as money is not an issue, i don't see why getting visa will be an issue. just get all your documents together, show enough evidence that you have correspondence with the hospital, planned accommodation (definitely a long stay apartment), budget for the trip and prayers, you can't go wrong.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2014
@Phema/Hopeful...anyway just ask them how you can pay because I paid in mid July and it was stated in the mail they sent to me....but you can always confirm. There is always a way out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
@lizcom @phem
Thanks.was able to make payment via paypal and got confirmation from doctoresparati on the transaction.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 15, 2014
hopefulme: @lizcom @phem
Thanks.was able to make payment via paypal and got confirmation from doctoresparati on the transaction.

Told ya! wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by boldbabe: 8:46am On Aug 15, 2014
damsell: @Hopefulme I paid mine to doctoresparati($150) through the bank to the account number they sent. @all hi everyone. Ive been following the thread silently for a while now and got to know about doctoresparati from on here. Thanks to everyone who takes out time to post valuable info and answer questions, God bless you all. I do have a few questions please: Does anyone who has used doctoresparati know about their child immunization schedules after birth and how much they cost? Secondly, please how long after birth were you able to fly back home with your baby as I keep feeling that flying when my baby will be 2months old might be too early and yet i dont want to have to wait for three months cos i"ll be staying on my own with my mum and the accomodation bills might be running too high. Thanks

@Damsell, u can travel with your baby anytime from two weeks as long as the both of you are fine. I travelled back with my baby at 4 weeks and 5 days. But u must go to your peaditrician and gynaecologist to ensure that u both are fine before u travel back. Sorry, i dont have any info on doctoresparati.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2014
nefertitiram:

Domestic flights won't give you two bag allowance. Except you plan to shop in newyork, you will most likely pay for excess baggage. So don't forget to find the cost of that and work it in to the total cost
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 8:57am On Aug 15, 2014
Just saw nikkygal's response as I was reading bottom up. Spot on
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 9:06am On Aug 15, 2014
Mrsfad2014: Hello House, I sent a mail to Dr La at WHMC and got a reply that his fee is $3400 excluding pediatric and some other things. I feel that's too much, can anyone in the house help me with any other good Doctor that will not charge this much in WHMC. Thanks

Go to whmc website. Get the list of other obgyn and contact them, you should be able to get a dr for 2k/2k5. You can also explore other hospitals in Houston such as oakbend and Methodist

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nikkygal(f): 9:13am On Aug 15, 2014
uchetobi:

Domestic flights won't give you two bag allowance. Except you plan to shop in newyork, you will most likely pay for excess baggage. So don't forget to find the cost of that and work it in to the total cost

I even forgot that part.....she think say she sharp....lol! Yankee local flights wey na just 1bag....Anything beyond that, na OYO oh...you'll pay dearly for it..cheesy By the time you even calculate the cost, hassle etc, you'll realise it's not worth it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.